Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

but, which one

The one that punches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It seems to me that we are only having this argument in the first place because there are two punch men

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

It seems to me that we are only having this argument in the first place because there are two punch men

I'm sorry, but the title of the thread clearly declares there to be ONE punch man.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm sorry, but the title of the thread clearly declares there to be ONE punch man.

Which one is that one!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

Which one is that one!

Yes

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
ONE

Punch

man

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Mob Psycho One Hundred One Punch Man

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
so who's on first punch

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

so who's on first punch

Exactly!

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
The manga ain't called Murata Punch Man :colbert:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

i love how fubuki ascribes all these masterful plans to saitama and the real reason he's acting that way is completely mundane

e: the only thing that would make next chapter better than this one is if fubuki doesnt have her wallet either

Fuckin' :lol: if you think fubuki would ever have to pay for that meal with the bod she's rocking, hot chicks get free stuff all the time

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think it's more likely that the status she garners as a mid-profile hero may be enough for her to maneuver out of that situation. She could probably tell them to send the bill to the Hero Association and get away with it, assuming they don't just comp her.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Parrotine posted:

Fuckin' :lol: if you think fubuki would ever have to pay for that meal with the bod she's rocking, hot chicks get free stuff all the time

:yikes:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Parrotine posted:

She's a good person who would go dutch.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Parrotine posted:

as a hot chick,

this is true

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

I apologize, I'm very lazy.

:allears:

That's how I certainly recall these chapters anyway!

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

And More posted:

Can he actually make his punch weaker, though? I was under the impression that sparring with Genos was basically impossible because Saitama would simply obliterate that robo-boy.

Are you serious? I mean, Saitama's only knocked out or knocked down, what, every single human he's ever struck?

He just punched off Hammerhead's armor, he just knocked Sneck's rear end out, Sonic was not only not killed but not even knocked out in their first encounter, and then only knocked out in the second, despite being hit so hard he left a face imprint in the road, the two tank-toppers, this makes #3 for Garou, all his opponents in the martial arts tourney, Eyelashes and Mountain Gorilla when Fubuki first went to intimidate him, etc etc etc.

Saitama absolutely can, and does, scale down his punches, or else every single one of these human beings would be dead now. He's been taking out Garou with one hit in every encounter they've had, just like he's done with every other human he's hit, but he doesn't kill non-monsters. If he'd wanted to kill Garou on any of their run-ins, he'd be dead now and this whole plot would have been cut short, but, you know, Garou's human, so he only gets the knock-out hits.

Boros is still the only non-human to take more than one hit from Saitama in a fight without it being an instant fight ender, lethal or otherwise.

You don't generally kill your sparring partners, which is what Saitama was showing Genos in that first sparring session when he kept demanding that Saitama 'fight as if this was a real battle to the death', with that punch being an object lesson of 'this is what a "to the death" punch would be like so maybe chill out' for him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Garou should really see a doctor for all that short term memory loss he's been suffering from lately

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Have you been writing this post for the last two days or what?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

ONE

Punch

man

I dunno, I think there's value in the One Man Punch.

There's also Man, One Punch.

Punch One Man just seems naive.

Man Punch One is either incredibly vague or actively impossible depending on how you view the One.
And if you're thinking Man, Punch ONE then you are in the wrong thread buddy :colbert:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

And More posted:

Have you been writing this post for the last two days or what?

No, it took me about five minutes to write.

Maybe you should take longer than that to read through OPM, then you wouldn't have massive misunderstandings of one of the core elements of Saitama's characterization like this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can't fight here, this is the one punch thread

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Okay, you can, but only very briefly and it has to look really cool.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Can we shout childish insults at each other like brain-damaged pretty boys and/or sassy lost children?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Can we shout childish insults at each other like brain-damaged pretty boys and/or sassy lost children?

Would it really be the internet if we couldn't?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

EimiYoshikawa posted:

No, it took me about five minutes to write.

Maybe you should take longer than that to read through OPM, then you wouldn't have massive misunderstandings of one of the core elements of Saitama's characterization like this.

You typed all that out in response to a 2 day old post that had already been thoroughly discussed and moved on from

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Genos is getting a figma.
No pics yet.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Genos is getting a figma.
No pics yet.

Downside: it's his battle damaged version and you have to buy and reattach his limbs separately.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zark the Damned posted:

Downside: it's his battle damaged version and you have to buy and reattach his limbs separately.

Johnny Longtorso!

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Zark the Damned posted:

Over and over and over again.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
He's has a little button on his back that shoots his limbs out, Incredible Crash Dummies style.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Schwarzwald posted:

He's has a little button on his back that shoots his limbs out, Incredible Crash Dummies style.

No, his limb joints are just a little too small for the sockets and fall out easily from any vibration or movement.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156628638751

Latest raw. Owns.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Murata's pretty good at that "drawing" thing.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope our hero Garou can pull through

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Hang in there skeleton!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

I hope our hero Garou can pull through

With all the screen time he's been getting lately he might as well be the main protagonist

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Parrotine posted:

With all the screen time he's been getting lately he might as well be the main protagonist

Garou is the protagonist of this arc.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Garou is the protagonist of this arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Translated chapter is out.

The secret to Saitama's strength is finally revealed!

It was 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 squats, and 10km of running every day.