Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Yeah, this is why we wanted an interior randomizer. Even a lovely randomization would have better flow than most of the handcrafter interiors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Speaking of lovely, my game has finally reached a point where it can no longer function. Im not sure what did it, but now the game can't even load objects in world. I'm uninstalling and deleting local saves and uninstalling mods and starting over with a blank slate. I'll come back to playing fallout 4 again sometime in the future.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

The Skeleton King posted:

If that ruins your immersion, consider this: none of the large buildings in the game have sensible interiors. Bethesda has no understanding of floor plans or function. You've got office buildings that are made out of corridors, hospitals where entire sections of the same floor don't connect to eachother and factories where people probably got lost and starved to death before the war.

I remember being on the roof of one of those parking garages, looking at the ramp and a car parked nearby, and realizing there was absolutely no way the car could have made the turn unless they have a turning radius of approximately zero and even then it'd be a tight fit. I don't think the stylized muscle cars would be have been able to turn on a dime.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
So..
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14380
Which one of you made this?
"A Modest Proposal"

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
does horizon play nice with things like raider overhaul, AWKC and armor and weapon mods in general or is it the kind of thing you install by itself?

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Doorknob Slobber posted:

does horizon play nice with things like raider overhaul, AWKC and armor and weapon mods in general or is it the kind of thing you install by itself?

I guess it used to play nice with Raider Overhaul, but not anymore, not since the Horizon author made more extensive changes to raiders himself. Armorsmith Extended is good, as well as DEF_UI and the Val-something Sorting Keywords mod or whatever it's called (there are a few options for compatible mods when installing Horizon, but I forget what all is included in those). There's an Official Horizon Weapon Pack (guns that have appeared in previous Fallout games). Some armor mods (like Mercenary Pack, which I'm using currently) have Horizon compatibility patches so they're not totally overpowered in comparison to Horizon gear, but "not totally overpowered" is still going to be up to the mod-maker, not the Horizon guy (the Merc Pack stuff is probably a little better than it "should" be for Horizon, but I think most of it looks pretty cool and I'm a fan of playing tactical barbie dress-ups in video games).

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 5, 2018

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Armor and weapon mods depend a lot on the specific mod - armor values I don't think change too much in Horizon so as long as the mod sticks to roughly vanilla numbers it should still work out okay. Weapon mods probably won't fit in well, though, since most weapon damage has been rebalanced to work on the principle of "damage per shot" and generally based on caliber, as opposed to DPS.

Raider overhaul I would not think would play nice with Horizon, although Horizon itself does kind of do a lot of the same things (although not to the same level of detail) - it introduces new classes of raiders with unique loadouts.

In general Horizon should probably be viewed as a "mostly standalone" mod. There are specific mods that it has compatibility patches for, but otherwise you should generally assume that it's not compatible unless it's a really small/minor change (like say, changing the pipboy light to a cone/flashlight) or is in an area that Horizon doesn't touch (like NAC or other weather/climate mods).

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Doorknob Slobber posted:

As the others said, you generally do not want to use unpatched equipment or overhaul mods. You can find an (incomplete) list of patches by going to the Horizon main page and expanding the "Requirements" folder, where you'll get a list of "Mods requiring this file". It's hardly exhaustive, but there's ones for a few fan favorites like Eli's Armor Compendium, West Tek Optic and most of CROSS's stuff.

beats for junkies posted:

Armorsmith Extended is good, as well as DEF_UI and the Val-something Sorting Keywords mod or whatever it's called

Valdacil's Item Sorting is not compatible, nor any other sorting mod. Armorsmith and AWKCR are fine, but you have to use the older 3.2 version of armor keywords, not the latest 4.0.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

staberind posted:

So..
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14380
Which one of you made this?
"A Modest Proposal"

:stare:

quote:

This mods allows you to find live babies all throughout the wasteland. You know the purpose of babies in the apocalypse - eat them raw, rare, well-done, fill them with explosives to serve as mines, or throw them at your enemies in order to demoralize them.

quote:

There's also an essential boss fight that Bethesda left out of the game. Uncle Daddy Mommy, the rogue rapist Synth, is now in the game, as he should've been from the start. He's located at Back Alley Bowling, just like Obsidian would've wanted.

I get the satire implied by the name (And the origins thereof) but the fact that I'm sure this mod does exactly what it's billed as is definitely a bit... well...

khy fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 5, 2018

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Nexus. Nexus never changes.

Except their layout which loving sucks! I am hoping if the URL just redirects to the new page because it is going to be a pain to post things again for me.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

The Skeleton King posted:

If that ruins your immersion, consider this: none of the large buildings in the game have sensible interiors. Bethesda has no understanding of floor plans or function. You've got office buildings that are made out of corridors, hospitals where entire sections of the same floor don't connect to eachother and factories where people probably got lost and starved to death before the war.

The worst in my opinion is Corvega Assembly Plant, which is supposed to be a car factory. There is no way on earth that anything ever got manufactured in that hellish labyrinth. You can't even get a car out of the building. Bethesda must not know or care what an assembly line is, because there's no way to move cars and parts around in that building.I mean it's not hard to design a building to look like a car factory, there's pictures of them readily available. In fact, an actual factory layout would probably be much more fun in terms of gameplay since you won't get lost every few seconds.

We can't navigate large portions of buildings because of rubble/collapsed floors/nonfunctional elevator stops/inoperable exterior doors. I'm pretty sure the main factory floor/boss chest location in Corvega, for example, has a couple giant rollup doors to the outside that are just rusted shut.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I've been looking a bit on nexus and I checked the OP, but is there anything like categorized favorites for skyrim for fo4? Or anything that makes the favorites menu a bit more useful?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

:psyduck: Halp

I'm using Ironrose's rebalance + P.A.C so I can make AP/INC/EXP bullets.

Those two have patches and work together, PAC works by adding an invisible slot to each gun that switches the ammo type.

Anyone know how to cludge new guns into PAC & the level lists?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I've been looking a bit on nexus and I checked the OP, but is there anything like categorized favorites for skyrim for fo4? Or anything that makes the favorites menu a bit more useful?

It's kind of the opposite of that, but you might find FO4 Hotkeys useful. Being able to bind things to wherever you want limits some of the annoyance of the default system.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Glazius posted:

We can't navigate large portions of buildings because of rubble/collapsed floors/nonfunctional elevator stops/inoperable exterior doors. I'm pretty sure the main factory floor/boss chest location in Corvega, for example, has a couple giant rollup doors to the outside that are just rusted shut.

There are some big doors in the back of the Corvega plant that connect to the street, but the overall design of the structure is still pretty nonsensical. It looks like an oil refinery and not at all a manufacturing plant.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27719/

This mod has made the game fun again. It's just an AOE vacuum around you, and it lets you focus more on exploration and shooting things, rather than touching every lootbox around you.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm tired of my robot buddies dying when the hordes from More Attackers invade. What's the best mod to use to set them to be the same as other settlers, where they just sit around until poo poo's dead if they hit 0 then revive? Also what's the best mod to do that to other important NPCs like provisioners/the wandering traders/anyone who might die randomly where it'd be annoying or upsetting

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

Post poste posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27719/

This mod has made the game fun again. It's just an AOE vacuum around you, and it lets you focus more on exploration and shooting things, rather than touching every lootbox around you.

Autoloot is nice when it works... that being said it's extremely crash happy and will hard lock the game if it's looting while you are looking at the same container/body.

I like to leave it off, clear/secure an area the sit still for a few minutes while it cleans up the area with the max loot distance setting then toggle it back off.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

I'm tired of my robot buddies dying when the hordes from More Attackers invade. What's the best mod to use to set them to be the same as other settlers, where they just sit around until poo poo's dead if they hit 0 then revive? Also what's the best mod to do that to other important NPCs like provisioners/the wandering traders/anyone who might die randomly where it'd be annoying or upsetting

By default all of the settlers you recruit are considered 'protected', meaning they cannot die to NPCs and only the player can kill them (As opposed to 'essential' where not even the player can kill them). This applies to NPCs in your settlements and provisioners moving between settlements. They cannot die under normal circumstances.

The only settler you need to worry about AFAIK is the Vault-Tec Rep who is not protected likely due to a bug. Apparently some other L4 merchants can be buggy too. Here's a good fix for that : https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15185/

Robots not being protected seems to be a bug as well, in that even mods which adjust the actors still do not make them truly immortal like other settlers are (See this Nexus Thread); however I've heard that making one into a companion, or a provisioner between settlements fixes that and makes them protected but since the only robot I ever built was Jezebel and she's in the most well-defended base I have I've never had a chance to actually put this to the test. This thread gives info about making robots 'protected'. https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4c0cia/automatron_psa_robots_are_not_flagged_as/

As for the wandering merchants, I don't know of any mods that make wandering merchants like the bunker hill ones (Lucas Miller, Cricket, Doc Weathers, etc) protected.

It's possible some of my robot information here is out of date, I don't bother with Automatron robots much so I had to google for most of the info. But I know the settler bits are accurate.

khy fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 6, 2018

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

That's irritating as hell, drat. Thank you for the help though.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Can someone that grabbed that robot voice pack reupload it somewhere, pretty please? I want Windows sounds comin' from my robots, it sounds too good.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Like, even if you ignore the skeletons, the fuckin' moldy food is what really threw me out of it the last time I played 4. Does Bethesda seriously think that a goddamn ham sandwich is going to be anything but a pile of dust after being left out for a couple years, let alone 200?

If we're going this far, much of the buildings would be roughly the same. Once a structure's interior is exposed to the elements it doesn't take long to bring it to the ground. Given either most of boston would have been compromised by the bomb, and ignoring that, all of it actually is compromised, downtown should probably look like nothing more than a boneyard of structural steel skeletons. The suburbs and other areas probably nothing more than a pile of wild growth.

But that's not fun.

People want to see even re-imaginings of places they either know, or can relate in ruins but otherwise recognizable.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kiggles posted:

Given either most of boston would have been compromised by the bomb, and ignoring that, all of it actually is compromised, downtown should probably look like nothing more than a boneyard of structural steel skeletons.

That's actually what most of the financial district is. The buildings that have major structural damage are largely hollow, with almost everything beyond their frames and exterior metal walls having collapsed. It's actually one of the reasons why that area of the game runs like complete dogshit. The hundreds of modular wall pieces Bethesda built those buildings out of all use at least six faces with two or more vertices each, and because their occlusion detection is terrible every single one of them will almost always be rendered.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

I can confirm that taking an Automatron as a companion and releasing it back to the settlement flips its "Protected" flag on, but I've never had a live test.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/458606877318745255/

You can fix it with the console too.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Easier than making them companions at least, thanks.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Apparently, Skibadaa Weapon Pack isn't searchable for me?

A direct link works

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23064

But a search on Nexus yields no results.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
I dunno, I watched a fully-modded Sentry provisioner go nuke, because it ran into a settlement-attack horde of boated/burned Ferals along the road between Finch Farm and County Crossing. (I suspect it was a car blowing up that finished it off. Stupid tesla-armored robot with stupid dual laser gatlings and stupid shoulder launchers. :unsmigghh: :psylon:)

In more amusing news, I'm using the Get Back mod to shove NPCs - this is great in the Disciples base in Nuka-World, as a crouching shove can launch assholes well over the railings and oh gee they died what a horrible accident <lootlootloot>. :getin: Also shoving them well away from inconvenient witnesses. :commissar:

I'm planning to hack and shut down every robot the World of Nukemorrow, just so I can restart the Star Core and have many many robo pals wandering around.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Kiggles posted:

If we're going this far, much of the buildings would be roughly the same. Once a structure's interior is exposed to the elements it doesn't take long to bring it to the ground. Given either most of boston would have been compromised by the bomb, and ignoring that, all of it actually is compromised, downtown should probably look like nothing more than a boneyard of structural steel skeletons. The suburbs and other areas probably nothing more than a pile of wild growth.

But that's not fun.

People want to see even re-imaginings of places they either know, or can relate in ruins but otherwise recognizable.

Too bad Los Angeles didn't get the memo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I'd love to see that place rendered in full horrifying glory in a modern game of this franchise.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'd love to see that place rendered in full horrifying glory in a modern game of this franchise.

All three FPS of it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is there any mod that can give me survival mode but with transition quick saves. I just lost the hours of progress and I'm not willing to do so again despite having more fun on survival

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Is there any mod that can give me survival mode but with transition quick saves. I just lost the hours of progress and I'm not willing to do so again despite having more fun on survival

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12580

Found by searching the Nexus for "survival transition save". It would literally have been quicker to do that than to post here.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

Found by searching the Nexus for "survival transition save". It would literally have been quicker to do that than to post here.

Bro I wanted to know the best one since there's like fifty and no clear winner from what I can tell.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
When deciding between multiple mods that do the same thing, I usually check the comments section. You can quickly tell if the mod was abandoned based on if the author is still answering questions, and if he/she isn't then a functional mod will have people asking for new features while a non-functional mod will have people asking for bug-fixes & suggesting alternative mods.

Usually a mod with a still active author is preferable since Bethesda likes to break stuff with updates on a regular basis, but some of the simpler mods which haven't been updated in years still work fine.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Bro I wanted to know the best one since there's like fifty and no clear winner from what I can tell.

Then maybe you should have asked that question, rather than "is this a thing that exists" :confused:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Gaius Marius posted:

Yo brah I got you. That one the sassy guy linked you to is good but also maybe get sleep or save so you can save at any bed you pass.

and
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12262

Okay enjoy and try not to let people lure you into internet hostility, peace!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14650/

Yes, this mod will give you more options than just the one option you asked for. I still suggest it over other options because it works perfectly, and you may in the future decide to customize other aspects of survival mode to your liking and having the option but not using it is better than the alternative.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

khy posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14650/

Yes, this mod will give you more options than just the one option you asked for. I still suggest it over other options because it works perfectly, and you may in the future decide to customize other aspects of survival mode to your liking and having the option but not using it is better than the alternative.

Yeah, use this one. Survival Options is good, even if you just use it for enabling the console and saving on transitions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
With the caveat that it edits hc_manager script, so it'll conflict with anything else that also makes changes to it, like Horizon (iirc)? So if you are trying to avoid issues like that, it can be worth checking out other options. Script override conflicts are the hardest things to troubleshoot, so I try to stay away from things that edit them unless they're high level like unofficial patches or full overhauls like Horizon.