Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
on this page alone: Moira's ult sucks, Moira's ult is overpowered, Moira's ult is boring, Moira's ult is awesome

e: of course i sniped with this post, leaving for posterity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

DeliciousCookie posted:

Ahs, so you mean Moira's ult is strong then. Though I will say any team thats coordinated is going to generally be very good as well.
Ironically, the ult itself isnt that great, but being able to hit it as early and often as you can is what generates advantage.

The thinking is almost opposite of the old Valk or the current trance, in that you actually want to just use the sucker at any time.that it might make a difference in a team fight, rather than holding for the exact right moment to come along.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

DeliciousCookie posted:

Ahs, so you mean Moira's ult is strong then. Though I will say any team thats coordinated is going to generally be very good as well.

Sure but that doesn't mean one skill is more powerful than another, etc.

I still think the ult is anemic, but it charges so goddamn fast i'm not sure anymore

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

It's worth adding that if you're doing a good job healing your team, you should end up with the option to coalesce in every team fight. You won't always want to exercise the option (particularly if a team fight is clearly already won), but the option will be there.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kumba posted:

on this page alone: Moira's ult sucks, Moira's ult is overpowered, Moira's ult is boring, Moira's ult is awesome

e: of course i sniped with this post, leaving for posterity

It’s awesome in that between hitting Q and screaming “GO GO GO” you can sometimes get your team mates to actually push instead of standing in the choke point.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

It’s awesome in that between hitting Q and screaming “GO GO GO” you can sometimes get your team mates to actually push instead of standing in the choke point.
Indeed. It even lights up a path for them.

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011

Ersatz posted:

Ironically, the ult itself isnt that great, but being able to hit it as early and often as you can is what generates advantage.

The thinking is almost opposite of the old Valk or the current trance, in that you actually want to just use the sucker at any time.that it might make a difference in a team fight, rather than holding for the exact right moment to come along.

This is probably why I don't find her so strong I suppose. I have the habit of holding onto it because every other ult in the game is basically wait till the moment is right kinda things.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

DeliciousCookie posted:

This is probably why I don't find her so strong I suppose. I have the habit of holding onto it because every other ult in the game is basically wait till the moment is right kinda things.

her ult can literally make the moment. that's power.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Moira's ult is fine. Her death balls can go to hell though. Take that poo poo away and never return

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Don't challenge Moira in a tiny room if you can't aim I guess

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Gasoline posted:

Don't challenge Moira in a tiny room if you can't aim I guess

Even outside of a tiny room those balls and her beam is gonna delete a squishy pretty fast.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Moira's ult is fine. Her death balls can go to hell though. Take that poo poo away and never return

The death ball is fantastic and the best part of her as a unit, don’t loving touch them

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Moira is great because she tells squishies to fuckoff and that should be encouraged imo

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Leave Moira's goo orb alone

megane
Jun 20, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Moira is great because she tells squishies to fuckoff and that should be encouraged imo

Genji mains shocked to learn what it feels like to be countered

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

megane posted:

Bad Genji mains shocked to learn what it feels like to be countered

ftfy. Good genjis will reflect the orb and proceed to either a) murder moira or b) force the moira to flee.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

AlternateAccount posted:

99/100 Tracers are trash who just "harass" a backline, feeding ult while never getting any picks, and then throw their ult on one person to get a kill and pat themselves on the back IM CONTRIBUTING.

If Tracer is distracting, even without killing, their backline (so at least two people including healers) and the rest of your team can't win what is now essentially a minimum of 5 v 4 it sounds like the Tracer isn't the problem.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
If a Moira is being troublesome I go Dva and dedicate myself to eating Moira balls while making munching sounds in voice chat. She's a good counter to her but even so, it's hard to DPS her down with the cannons. Bring a friend.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

megane posted:

Genji mains shocked to learn what it feels like to be countered

pretty sure bad genji mains are counted by existing

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

AlternateAccount posted:

99/100 Tracers are trash who just "harass" a backline, feeding ult while never getting any picks, and then throw their ult on one person to get a kill and pat themselves on the back IM CONTRIBUTING.

My team: wins game
Red team: turtle you drat smurf ur everywhere
My card: health recalled 9,369hp
My team: vote for turtle
Me: has 3 total eliminations :smug:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Sounds like you're the Roadhog w/ recall button.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

berenzen posted:

ftfy. Good genjis will reflect the orb and proceed to either a) murder moira or b) force the moira to flee.

Good moira will shoot the healing orb sideways and use a combo of fade/purple beam to burn him down faster than he can kill her.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Naerasa posted:

Good moira will shoot the healing orb sideways and use a combo of fade/purple beam to burn him down faster than he can kill her.

A genji that continues to fight someone that's continuously getting healed is not a good genji. If he forces the moira to burn healing orb for herself, then that's a win for genji's team, because that's healing that's not being used for the moira's team. If a moira uses healing orb, the genji should be disengaging.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Now would the game really miss if one day they accidentally patched out Bastion?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Rirse posted:

Now would the game really miss if one day they accidentally patched out Bastion?

Nobody would notice unless you rolled Junkertown for the map tbh. Poor lil fella

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

berenzen posted:

A genji that continues to fight someone that's continuously getting healed is not a good genji. If he forces the moira to burn healing orb for herself, then that's a win for genji's team, because that's healing that's not being used for the moira's team. If a moira uses healing orb, the genji should be disengaging.

or trying to deflect the healing orb

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

OMFG FURRY posted:

or trying to deflect the healing orb

Dang it. I absentmindedly harvested all my loot boxes last night. This is the event week isn't it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

headcase posted:

Dang it. I absentmindedly harvested all my loot boxes last night. This is the event week isn't it?

loot box drops are set when you get them. holding onto them for events is meaningless

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

loot box drops are set when you get them. holding onto them for events is meaningless

I think headcase was referring to the 3 that you get for arcade... if you don't get them before the event, that's 3 easy event loot boxes.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

thexerox123 posted:

I think headcase was referring to the 3 that you get for arcade... if you don't get them before the event, that's 3 easy event loot boxes.

Exactly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought lootboxes reset today tbh so that didn't occur to me

speaking of the event, have they shown off any new skins? haven't seen any at all yet

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Nothing yet. I googled for Year of the dog announcements or previews, and all I got was a handful of bastards who wrote "YOTD skins!" articles but only had year of the rooster stuff

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Moira is an absolute hard counter to Genji. Any Genji who engages even a marginally competent Moira is stupid.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
there will most certainly be a dog skin for moira

e: i meant orisa i dont know whats wrong with me

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 6, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they skipped two whole events for doomfist so I wouldn't be so sure

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I really want Moira's white suit and tie outfit from her intro trailer. Maybe they'll do it for a Blackwatch version of Uprising with Reyes, Genji, McCree, and Moira.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

berenzen posted:

I don't understand what mystery world everyone plays in where Moira is far away from her team.

Every time I get attacked by a Genji I healthball towards my team and run to them with it. Or even more easily I can just fade to them.

If I'm extremely far away for some reason the healthball will be ready again by the time I get to my team.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

AlternateAccount posted:

Moira is an absolute hard counter to Genji. Any Genji who engages even a marginally competent Moira is stupid.

I'd say Genji has a bunch of soft counters, when I hear hard counter I think Phara vs Junkrat, there isn't much Junkrat can do against Phara and even his ult can get shut down by a damage boosted rocket, or Winston vs Torb where as long as Torb is content with hanging around his turret there isn't much winston can do by himself. Genji on the other hand can be kind of warded off for a bit by Moira, but it's not like Genji isn't gonna be able to build ult off of Moira and chop you and your team to bits unless you get lucky and Mcree or Ana manage to straight counter it.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 6, 2018

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

To me, the phrase "absolute hard counter" means one character is outright defenseless against the other, regardless of context. I don't think that really describes any matchup. There are matchups where the 1v1 in a vacuum is obviously lopsided, but in an actual game setting you still sometimes get chances to go to town against your counters.

The thing with Moira is that because she's pure DoT instead of burst, she essentially puts her target into a race against time. Can you escape or land the shot on her before she finishes draining you? A good Genji is going to be more capable of doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Going with what I mention a few pages ago on the most boring potg is Pharah. Oh boy I hit Q when people weren't noticing me and I got three kill. Zzzzzzzz.