Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GalacticAcid posted:

Everyone who says sportsball is a social retard who should be murdered.

https://twitter.com/kellydigges/status/959842048420462592

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm glad the football team bullied the creative writer for Magic: The Gathering.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I want to find that person and give them a swirly

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

what about folks who call it handegg

sportsball is annoying but can be said in the jokey self-aware way.

Handegg is loving insufferable.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It should be called dodgeball.

Anyway.

https://twitter.com/vs_cointelpro/status/960364059014189057

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I call it sporps.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i prefer the mitt romney patrician form: sport

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

I'm glad the football team bullied the creative writer for Magic: The Gathering.

lol

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

If you peep the following replies on that thread, it's less that he hates sports or whatever, it's more that there was a huge pre-emptive backlash to the term way, way before it had the chance to be deployed and it was replying on how that was way, way overblown.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kunster posted:

If you peep the following replies on that thread, it's less that he hates sports or whatever, it's more that there was a huge pre-emptive backlash to the term way, way before it had the chance to be deployed and it was replying on how that was way, way overblown.

And if you read all of them it's a bunch of weenies saying dumb poo poo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serf posted:

what about folks who call it handegg

That's just Europeans mocking superior American sports they can't understand.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kunster posted:

If you peep the following replies on that thread

nope, not gonna.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This is an insanely dumb thing to get mad about in an unrelated thread.

e: and on the Monday after

Motto fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 5, 2018

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Sportsball is slightly less annoying than the people making Superb Owl jokes in 2018

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I just realized I haven't listened to the show in like a month lol.

Have they had any good activist / academic guests? Those are my favorite episodes. (Like the Davison eps, R.L. Stephens, Karina Moreno, etc).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

Have they had any good activist / academic guests? Those are my favorite episodes. (Like the Davison eps, R.L. Stephens, Karina Moreno, etc).

Virgil Texas just did a great solo interview with a Hawaiian politician that I really liked.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

Virgil did a whole interview with a Hawaian Congress guy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The weirdest part about the sportsball tweet storm is he seems completely incapable of processing that people don't want to hear sportsball, not because football watchers think they are some marginalized group, but because it's loving annoying and unfunny

He turned MTG versus the NFL into identity politics, basically

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's hard to compare the two, because Will is usually conducting interviews as part of the show where everybody else is always chiming in, but Virgil is a really good interviewer. Like, Will will asks questions that are jokes, which kinda puts the guest on the spot to come up with a humorous response. But Virgil will weave a joke in with a real question so the guest can do a joke too or just answer the question

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is "fartball" funny?

Edit: I think so.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Sportsball is slightly less annoying than the people making Superb Owl jokes in 2018

super bowel

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kunster posted:

I didn't post it to mock it; I posted it because I agree with it. :shrug:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's hard to compare the two, because Will is usually conducting interviews as part of the show where everybody else is always chiming in, but Virgil is a really good interviewer. Like, Will will asks questions that are jokes, which kinda puts the guest on the spot to come up with a humorous response. But Virgil will weave a joke in with a real question so the guest can do a joke too or just answer the question

I think Will is an excellent interviewer and does the most to keep the show on a relatively serious track.

I've never been the biggest Virgil fan but I will listen to his Hawaii interview, thanks everybody!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

And if you read all of them it's a bunch of weenies saying dumb poo poo

Shove these dweebs

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoeank posted:

The weirdest part about the sportsball tweet storm is he seems completely incapable of processing that people don't want to hear sportsball, not because football watchers think they are some marginalized group, but because it's loving annoying and unfunny

He turned MTG versus the NFL into identity politics, basically

Cold Pockets

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I can sympathize a bit since I didn't like football when I was a kid because it was marketed around a type of masculinity I wasn't interested in adopting. I found it gross. In my 20s I watched football pretty regularly when I got more interested in the strategy. Now I find it unwatchable because of the commercials, jingoism, and nobody can decide what the gently caress a catch is.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Read this thread and imagine Matt just screaming SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!!

https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/960545238715682816

https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/960549811693944833

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

cenotaph posted:

I can sympathize a bit since I didn't like football when I was a kid because it was marketed around a type of masculinity I wasn't interested in adopting. I found it gross. In my 20s I watched football pretty regularly when I got more interested in the strategy. Now I find it unwatchable because of the commercials, jingoism, and nobody can decide what the gently caress a catch is.

I have the exact same complaints. When my team isn't playing I can't even watch anymore.

When they are, it's more of a family thing for me so I'm able to ignore the bullshit and have a good time with my cousins and texting with my family & high school friends.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Owls are cute. Fight me.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

prefect posted:

I didn't post it to mock it; I posted it because I agree with it. :shrug:

That's cool, a few of my acquaintances were getting super weird about that word and that thread so I had to clarify it.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

owned lol

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I wonder how far removed "sportsball" is from "hip hop culture" 🤔🤔🤔

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
We know that nerds like rap if the guy doing it is white and rapping about video games. There's got to be a better Nerd Football than quidditch.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

We know that nerds like rap if the guy doing it is white and rapping about video games. There's got to be a better Nerd Football than quidditch.

E-sports

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

and Virgil plays it

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

DA MUTHAFUCKIN SHARE LEAGUE

Remember the cartoon? There the skeleton was named Bones Justice, which is an even cooler name than Bones Jackson.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/nomad_thought/status/958843386710118400

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The best one

https://twitter.com/nomad_thought/status/958845871063519238

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Halloween Jack posted:

Wonder what MC Lars is up to nowadays.