Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

slidebite posted:

Holy poo poo the last few seconds was interesting

what happened

i went to go get a drink of water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

What's the site that y'all are watching this unfold on? I constantly forget.

\/\/\/
Ah, I believe I was looking for this one, but obviously found it on my own. Thanks anyway!

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 6, 2018

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
https://www.bitfinex.com/trading

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

lol wow bitfinex already broke to a lower low

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

sleepwalkers posted:

What's the site that y'all are watching this unfold on? I constantly forget.

\/\/\/
Ah, I believe I was looking for this one, but obviously found it on my own. Thanks anyway!

I like this one
https://bitcointicker.co/

buglord posted:

what happened

i went to go get a drink of water

When it finally broke through 6600, the numbers were scrolling faster than a slot machine

e: At this rate, the $6K barrier might be broken tonight.

\/ True, but it's less than 10% at this point. It's already done 18% in the past 24 hours \/

slidebite fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 6, 2018

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

It's a fair old hill to get to the fives. Could be a bit of a wait for that milestone.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

150 wall at $6500 being hit right now

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Is the blockchain long enough that a buywall could possibly span the entire us/mexico border? How can we get this idea to trumps desk?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im the fake 300 coin buy wall at $6500

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Fallows posted:

Is the blockchain long enough that a buywall could possibly span the entire us/mexico border? How can we get this idea to trumps desk?

blockchain... chain link fence... buywall...

:tinfoil:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

:rip: $6500

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

gary oldmans diary posted:

im the fake 300 coin buy wall at $6500

Huh, that wall is real

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
hey the 6500 coin wall was real. currently getting eaten away

e: maybe fake? it suddenly disappeared

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
And now its gone

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the y-axis is going loving crazy right now

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tether has moved up to 14th in coin market cap. It could realistically pass Monero, IOTA, and possibly even Litecoin.

Buy now before you're priced out forever.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Almost down 20% in the last 24 hours.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
next fake buy wall looks like 100 @ 6480 but every time it drops that fast its easy to shoot back up so again we wait

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
So what I'm getting from this thread is that there's two kinds of bitcoiner

One motherfucker doesn't see the house of cards for what it is and follows internet meme advise because he knows that only a person as smart and savvy as he is could possibly become a millionaire while doing jack poo poo, unlike those loving normies and their "government backed currency"

The other motherfucker knows exactly what's going on, is planning on loving all the people that came after him with no remorse, because gently caress them anyway, that's the libertarian way

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Walls are for securities with value, Bitcoin has no value

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

ElGroucho posted:

One motherfucker doesn't see the house of cards for what it is and follows internet meme advise because he knows that only a person as smart and savvy as he is could possibly become a millionaire while doing jack poo poo, unlike those loving normies and their "government backed currency"

The other motherfucker knows exactly what's going on, is planning on loving all the people that came after him with no remorse, because gently caress them anyway, that's the libertarian way

You're missing the third person:

Normal everyday Joe who heard about crypto-currencies on the evening news and bought in with their retirement money :(

What's funny is the crash of bitcoin could start a chain reaction that bursts the current tech bubble.

Bitcoin crashes -> nvidia stock crashes -> people panic sell all their tech stocks

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug
Here's the 300+ BTC buy

Pixelponny fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 6, 2018

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Pixelponny posted:

here's the 300+ btc buy

Yeah but how much of that was actually processed? I saw a sizeable chunk go but the rest magically vanished.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Pixelponny posted:

here's the 300+ btc buy

already eaten up lmao

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

abigserve posted:

You're missing the third person:

Normal everyday Joe who heard about crypto-currencies on the evening news and bought in with their retirement money :(

What's funny is the crash of bitcoin could start a chain reaction that bursts the current tech bubble.

Bitcoin crashes -> nvidia stock crashes -> people panic sell all their tech stocks

Hahaaja. no

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

ElGroucho posted:

there were some recent rumors that someone placed a 140BTC bounty on the guy pointing out how bitfinex and tether have been pulling scams and market manipulation

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

H2SO4 posted:

Yeah but how much of that was actually processed? I saw a sizeable chunk go but the rest magically vanished.

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug

H2SO4 posted:

I think it already got processed... But to be honest, I have no idea.

There's another piling up atm, at around 140 BTC now.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Watching it crash in real time is very interesting and sad. Seeing a wide spread ponzi go down is definitely some train wreck material.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i need some more quotes from greedy people turned desperate

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Internet: 1
Paul Krugman: 1

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Burt Sexual posted:

Hahaaja. no

I think you overestimate people who don't understand what they are investing in

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
so i finally googled what a buy wall is. interesting. exactly how much btc would normally raise eyebrows and make people think "that's a buywall, not a legitimate buy

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in some wall street high rise right now the fiat chad traders are giving a wedgie to the incel hodler who said the company should get invested in bitcoin

e: just dropped 3% in like a minute

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Like 1400 coins have been knocked out of the resistance to 6k in an hour, pretty impressive going. Still another 3800 to go,

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I had to bail out of a stock fund making 30% last quarter to a loving index fund. Fml

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Goons we're only 368 away from the thread title being true again.

If you're holding poop please sell it.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Another message from an alternate dimension

spooky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

lazorexplosion posted:

Another message from an alternate dimension

spooky

4% is more than 20%

Huh