Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

VictorianQueerLit posted:

https://discord.gg/cryptocurrency

I've been lurking it since December. You can't really touch the poop because they have mods all over the place 24/7 who instantly ban anyone for making fun of cryptos.

The trading chat is the most active I think, and I'm waiting for $6,000 to be broken.

That link is invalid apparently. I wanted to watch the pewp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
What legitimate companies in the US accept bitcoin? I feel like Microsoft and 7-11 accepted them at one point but I might be seriously misremembering

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

slidebite posted:

Or maybe Weimar Germany.

I like the helmets with the cool spikes on the top.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I was going to post this in zuarg's thread, but it's dangerously close to giving him advice.
My theory of shitnomics is that in times of panic the smart money retreats to scams. Most of the ICO's run as ETH smart(lol) contracts so that scam well should have plenty of idiot water. The other strong scam based play is Monero because it apparently "anonymous" enough to be the chosen transfer method for ransomware.
Not a pooptoucher, just something I came up with on the toilet.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Alpha Mayo posted:

Not meant to be anymore. They got over 150000 bitcoins to get rid of and getting 6 mill USD for 1000 of them is a good deal at this point. The intent is to take every last fiat dollar they can at this point.
yeah i totally missed what you actually said and got lost in a thought i had earlier about those buy and sell walls. my bad

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I like the helmets with the cool spikes on the top.

I've got some hundred million, maybe even billion reichsmark notes that I'm just waiting to rebound. :f5:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

6200 wall going down on gdax

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

$6200 :toot:

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
And down it goes!!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Bets on where it'll be tomorrow at 8am? I'm thinking low 5500-ish

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
tons of 6200 trades then a big spike of 6250-6270 for some inexplicable reason seconds later then back to sub 6200 lmao these numbers are just meaningless right what kind of thing behaves this way

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
that would be like creating a wooden wagon wheel and then living in terror of the awesome potential of your creation. rsa encryption is from the 70s

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Is there a place to see the 24 hour percent down?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

TVsVeryOwn posted:

https://coin360.io

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Ayn Randi posted:

tons of 6200 trades then a big spike of 6250-6270 for some inexplicable reason seconds later then back to sub 6200 lmao these numbers are just meaningless right what kind of thing behaves this way

not meaningless per se, just completely unpredictable. the meaning in the numbers is that the market is very obviously being manipulated by players with goals that are at odds

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

TVsVeryOwn posted:

https://bitcointicker.co

Click 24hr top right

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie

TVsVeryOwn posted:

https://www.gdax.com/trade/BTC-USD

Has it in the top bar. Right now it's down 24.40% over the last 24 hours. Yeah.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
どたばた!コインブロック
Dotabata! Koin Burokku
Slapstick Coin Block

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Thank you. :laffo: :lol:

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Just watched it drop below 6200.. could be looking at 6k by bedtime.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i gotta hit the hay. would you mind losing your life savings to a ponzi scam a little faster?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Jombo posted:

"this invite is expired or invalid" :( ... but I want to watch the meltdowns

insidius posted:

That link is invalid apparently. I wanted to watch the pewp.

Sorry, I had been just copying the link off the subreddit. No idea what their problem is.

https://discord.gg/4hSy262

That should be a permanent invite.

Things are probably gonna get good when it breaks $6,000.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

gary oldmans diary posted:

that would be like creating a wooden wagon wheel and then living in terror of the awesome potential of your creation. rsa encryption is from the 70s

I mean if the wheel was moving fast enough it could do some damage.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

To add onto this. What is it that causes the price to rise/fall? I get the supply/demand part of it but if people put in automatic orders at X amount then what happens when there aren't BTC left to buy or sell that match up with B/S orders? Just it just stagnate? Is there another aspect to this whole mess?

Actually, yeah, when someone clears out all the open orders it does briefly stagnate until new orders get posted. That happened back when the blatant Tether pumping was going on; someone would wipe out all the outstanding sell orders across a $500 or so range, creating a brief pause in the trading because all of the remaining orders are $500 apart. Then people say "woah, people are buying for $500 more than they were a minute ago, I should put in a sell at the new price." And that's how the market price gets shifted, just usually in vastly smaller chunks.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Click on the 6 month one - bitcoin is UP 82% since then. There's nothing to worry about here.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Toilet Terror posted:

https://www.gdax.com/trade/BTC-USD

Has it in the top bar. Right now it's down 24.40% over the last 24 hours. Yeah.

Maybe bitconnect was really legitimate and intended to give everyone 1% daily returns on investment by shorting the bitcoin and us evil nocoiners ruined it for everyone :tinfoil:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Aredna posted:

Click on the 6 month one - bitcoin is UP 82% since then. There's nothing to worry about here.

nothing at all!

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie
1% daily? Pfft. 1% hourly is the new way.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Looks like the pump is in full damage control mode but its not doing much anymore, every gain gets obliterated in a minute or two. Currently climbing to 6,300, lets see how long that lasts.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Aredna posted:

Hell the 3 month one is basically even steven. It's like stock market returns why would you not hodl ?? :smuggo:

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I was thinking about shorting everything long term on margin earlier with a couple thousand, then I realized that there's a significant chance thatmost of the exchanges are just gonna disappear when this is all over with so it becomes lose/lose. Much funner to just sit on the sidelines and not get poop all over my hands.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
do it alpha mayo

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Alpha Mayo posted:

poop all over my hands
:dong:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

communist kangaroo posted:

do it alpha mayo

Smear the poop on your hands and face.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Alpha Mayo posted:

Much funner to just sit on the sidelines and not get poop all over my hands.

gee if only you could have had an entire thread full of people already telling you this

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

gee if only you could have had an entire thread full of people already telling you this

it was actually fun as hell

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Smear the poop on your hands and face.

Just avoid your eyes so you don't get pink eye.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bitcoin is at $6000. WTF!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I really thought we'd see a 1-2k+ rally by this point. Is this house of cards finally tumbling down