Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
somebody asked for a 30-second preview, right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVxOVlm_lE8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Yay for new footage but I was hoping for more than that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah only three months out I figured it was gonna be a real trailer

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
I bet a full new one will debut with Black Panther

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've seen a lot of people trying to figure out the order of stuff based on the trailers, leaked and offical. Seems more people think the Thor and Guardians stuff is going to be at the end of the movie, some suggesting "Who are you guys?" being literally the last shot of the movie.

I honestly think the Guardians Space stuff with be at the start, with action cutting between earth and space. Honestly, The Guardians meeting the Avengers is one of the major things I am looking forward to in these movies.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I expect it to be some configuration of hitting xandar, the collector, and the asgard first and then going to earth

site fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 5, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What Asgard?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The Asgard

As in the ship that now houses all the asgardians

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

site posted:

The Asgard

As in the ship that now houses all the asgardians

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I er uh, idgi

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I er uh, idgi

In the Stargate universe there is a race of aliens called the Asgard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stargate is such a great terrible show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Stargate is such a great terrible show.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

In the Stargate universe there is a race of aliens called the Asgard.

Guess i need to give up my nerd card

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Teal'c was legit the best character (aside from Sassy navigation Asgard) and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. I'm in the middle of a rewatch and at s5 right now.

Edit: also my stoned rear end thought this was the Orville thread lol. Sorry for the Stargate derail.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's ok it's not like we were talking about anything important lol

site fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 5, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stargate rules. To the Stargate thread!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I've seen a lot of people trying to figure out the order of stuff based on the trailers, leaked and offical. Seems more people think the Thor and Guardians stuff is going to be at the end of the movie, some suggesting "Who are you guys?" being literally the last shot of the movie.

I honestly think the Guardians Space stuff with be at the start, with action cutting between earth and space. Honestly, The Guardians meeting the Avengers is one of the major things I am looking forward to in these movies.

Leaked footage showed Quill teaming up with Strange, so yeah, that speculation is all wrong.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm honestly a-okay with them not doing a bigger trailer, it just seems unnecessary and I'd rather be surprised.

Nobody is making Infinity War their first Marvel movie, and anyone who's going to see it is already sold, why give away anything?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
It's pretty great that in a 30-second trailer they managed to include Peter's trademark move of removing his mask for no reason.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Probably not too worried about his identity being found out while he's riding on a spaceship leaving atmo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Taika's intro for the Thor 3 Bluray

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

twistedmentat posted:

I just hope the beginning isn't Thanos killing all the Asgardians and making Thor 3 kind of pointless

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
There's a 99% chance that ship is going to blow up but Asgardians can probably survive in space. Someone will vacuum them up after Avengers 4.

edit:

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
One of my co-writers got to see Black Panther and wrote a non-spoilery English review. If you are really a stickler about spoilers, the article only talks about the setting and the state of the characters at the beginning of the movie.

https://www.geekster.be/films/black...n-and-progress/

tl;dr: A good movie, celebrating African culture in a positive way, pretty good story and villain, wonderful music and good acting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

achillesforever6 posted:

I just hope the beginning isn't Thanos killing all the Asgardians and making Thor 3 kind of pointless

Yea, at worst I hope he just captures them and threatens to kill them if Loki doesn't give him the Tesseract. At best, Loki sends all the Asgardians to Earth or something with it before giving it to Thanos. It's not like the idea Loki betrays Thor and Hulk is out of the question, him replacing Mephesto as the sidekick has been around since the movie was announced.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Thanos killed half the loving universe in the original story.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/ComicBookNOW/status/960654963843084288

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Oh god, please no. Comcast is the actual devil.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Marvel rights aren't transferable anyway.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's still probably the one outcome worse than expanding the Disney monopoly. loving Comcast? No thanks.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Nooooo my good F4 movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

The Marvel rights aren't transferable anyway.

Yea I remember reading that Fox can't sell the rights to anyone but back to Marvel or its parent company. But yea, Comcast is probably only second to Trumpism in American Evil right now.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Arist posted:

It's still probably the one outcome worse than expanding the Disney monopoly. loving Comcast? No thanks.
Heh, this is one of the things I specifically thought of when everyone was bellyaching about big bad Disney buying out Fox a month ago. It's like, okay, would you prefer they sell to Comcast then?

Well because the internet is the internet, I look forward to many weeks of headlines and podcasts and commentators going "X-MEN/FF NOW OWNED BY COMCAST????///////" despite the fact that that will literally never happen, even if Fox does end up selling to Comcast, which isn't even all that likely according to the very article that talks about it but that absolutely no one will actually read.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Folks,
https://mobile.twitter.com/Andyzach/status/960609829369806849

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
That dog is so over it.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

achillesforever6 posted:

It's going to be Thanos killing the entire population of Xandar and making the first Guardians kind of pointless

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
He will also wipe out LA and New York for iron man 1 and 2, Wakanda for Black Panther and Hong Kong for Dr Strange

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

fractalairduct posted:

It's going to be Thanos killing the entire population of Xandar and making the first Guardians kind of pointless

Hopefully John C. Reilly will survive the attack and come back as Nova.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well i mean one good thing about having the infinty gauntlet/reality stone as a deus ex machina is that you could theoretically have thanos murder everybody in iw1 as a bunch of holy poo poo moments and then bring them all back at the end of 2

• Locked thread