Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
these are neighborhoods full of owner-occupied single-family houses, and prop 13 is intact. nobody is being pushed out who already lives there. it's just that, when people do move out, the only people who can afford to move in are rich as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qirex posted:

a rich person's greatest nightmare is poor* neighbors

*in this case "poor" can be defined as a sub-500k total household income

*sees 3-series pull into garage down the street*

there goes the neighborhood

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

I spent 600 dollars on light bulbs this week.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ShadowHawk posted:

hue

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

this is real good even tho it’s weird to hear Hayes not in his HH character

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i know people hate uber as a company but i was able to get home saturday night after the bar with zero recollection of it happening, except the fact that i had a charge from uber on my credit card. still makes me feel like im in the future.

Yes i have also taken a cab home after a night out drinking

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Wheany posted:

same. it feels great to live in the 21st century sometimes, doesnt it?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uIrAN4JneY

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Wheany posted:

as i posted earlier, we have nearly zero cab presence. it's over an hour wait, if they even show up.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

go buy a jug of distilled water.

it doesn't taste good. it doesn't taste bad, either, just not good like a glass of tap water should.

late post, but don't do this. distilled water is bad for you, fucks up your mineral levels (since distilled water doesn't have any)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

as i posted earlier, we have nearly zero cab presence. it's over an hour wait, if they even show up.

congrats on living in a poo poo place i guess?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

live in a place cabs want to serve

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

ShadowHawk posted:

a well lit slumlord

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Tankakern posted:

late post, but don't do this. distilled water is bad for you, fucks up your mineral levels (since distilled water doesn't have any)

shhh im trying to make it catch on in tech CEO circles

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

fits my needs posted:

live in a place cabs want to serve

i guess i could always just go back to getting shitfaced and driving anyways :mmmhmm:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Light Bulbs $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Tankakern posted:

ie soft water

and hard water can give you bladder stones kidney stones and gallstones

the health effects of hard and soft water are all statistical and probably outweighed by genetics and other aspects of diet anyway

but if you’re really worried about your water’s mineral levels i hear alex jones sells an excellent filter for your taps

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Tankakern posted:

i mean, it’s fine, just don’t do it long-term

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my city water is very good and is not too hard or too soft its just right.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ie soft water

the health effects of hard and soft water are all statistical and probably outweighed by genetics and other aspects of diet anyway

but if you’re really worried about your water’s mineral levels i hear alex jones sells an excellent filter for your taps

regardless of how scummy and horrible the man is i gotta respect him in a weird way for selling WAKE UP AMERICA coffee

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
shaggar confirmed as baby bear.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
where i'm at, we have amazing tap water and i realize how good i have it when i travel.

but also we have areas less than 15 minutes away from my house still on well water and it doesn't make sense.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FMguru posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Light Bulbs $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

buy fewer lightbulbs

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Endless Mike posted:

buy fewer lightbulbs
no

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
counterpoint: cut down on data and food, buy MORE lightbulbs

brb investing in phillips

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

but also we have areas less than 15 minutes away from my house still on well water and it doesn't make sense.

do these places have public water available and folks just haven’t hooked up, or are they out in the sticks somewhere?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

counterpoint: cut down on data and food, buy MORE lightbulbs

brb investing in phillips

still holding out for the technically superior robertson lightbulb

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lightbulbs are the only thing that’ll hold their value come the collapse. invest now in the currency of the bleak future

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

still holding out for the technically superior robertson lightbulb

:canada:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ie soft water

there’s also a cult dude that will sell you stream water in glass orbs from Hawaii

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/scottbudman/status/960658293906579456

oh no what ever will these tragic victims do now

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i guess i could always just go back to getting shitfaced and driving anyways :mmmhmm:

cheat on your wife next

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

President Beep posted:

do these places have public water available and folks just haven’t hooked up, or are they out in the sticks somewhere?

they're not quite out "in the sticks", but it's an area that's sparsely populated (a house every 1000 feet), despite being off a main road with a brand new subdivision built (and a water treatment plant that was built for it)

the city just doesn't deem it worth running water there, i guess.

they're still getting liquid propane deliveries, too.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also lol at the replies where some guy is shocked, shocked that someone might wish bad fortune on the ultra-rich, and decides it's because they "lack the ambition to work hard and try to become rich"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

they didn’t lose anything, that’s not how the market works

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
when the stock market drops the monopoly man shows up and takes money right out of my wallet while im standing at the gas pump.

its loving crazy

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ate all the Oreos posted:

also lol at the replies where some guy is shocked, shocked that someone might wish bad fortune on the ultra-rich, and decides it's because they "lack the ambition to work hard and try to become rich"

republicans have severe mental conditions

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

a thing is worth nothing until you sell it

mlmp

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

golly if only they cashed out a bit instead of wealthhoarding like the addicts they are they could fix the nations water infrastructure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ate all the Oreos posted:

the only reason youre not as rich as eric trump is because you dont work as hard as eric trump