Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
How did Azmodan manage zero assists but second most hero damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Sindai posted:

How did Azmodan manage zero assists but second most hero damage?

AFAIK assists are counted if you're within a certain distance of a killed hero and Azmo's Q range is bigger than this distance. Aside from that it's pretty easy to farm hero damage as Azmodan outside of team fights by throwing globes around.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That would be my guess but I want to believe that if someone is aware enough to constantly be dunking teamfights they're aware enough to show up to at least one.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Or they could be dunking teamfights and then splitpushing.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Currently still having fun with this horrible game thanks to some helpful goons, and soon I'll have enough levels under my belt to try something other than quickmatch. Turns out the witch doctor hero makes for some hilarious moments when your healer gets mind-controlled and you decide to plant your buffed-up zombies on them as the enemy assassins dive in for the easy kill.

Tychus remains my favorite though, despite his squishy rear end needing to get up into a tank's face and stand still to put out that tasty damage. With that in mind, anyone have tips for how I participate in team fights with him? I'm decent enough at avoiding ganks while pushing a lane against 1/2 opponents, but I frequently find myself either dying immediately or stuck tossing grenades and not contributing much during those big objective plays.

Also holy crap what do I do about Hanzo that isn't "get bullied back to spawn" or die? Even with a teammate helping out I just can't get near the dude without losing 3/4ths of my health. At least with Valeera I can hobble away.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

Currently still having fun with this horrible game thanks to some helpful goons, and soon I'll have enough levels under my belt to try something other than quickmatch. Turns out the witch doctor hero makes for some hilarious moments when your healer gets mind-controlled and you decide to plant your buffed-up zombies on them as the enemy assassins dive in for the easy kill.

Tychus remains my favorite though, despite his squishy rear end needing to get up into a tank's face and stand still to put out that tasty damage. With that in mind, anyone have tips for how I participate in team fights with him? I'm decent enough at avoiding ganks while pushing a lane against 1/2 opponents, but I frequently find myself either dying immediately or stuck tossing grenades and not contributing much during those big objective plays.

Also holy crap what do I do about Hanzo that isn't "get bullied back to spawn" or die? Even with a teammate helping out I just can't get near the dude without losing 3/4ths of my health. At least with Valeera I can hobble away.

Think of Tychus as an anti-dive tank buster when he's not in Odin. When their tank/bruiser tries to go in on your team you melt them. You rarely want to be the one trying to shoot guys in their backline unless they're retreating already. When you are in Odin you'll have the additional range to actually be able to shoot squishy people.

As for Hanzo he's just busted. Not even a tank can take many of his hits because of his armor shred. He'll be getting nerfed next patch though so maybe it'll get better.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Yukari posted:

Or they could be dunking teamfights and then splitpushing.

I believe this is what was happening, yeah.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Imagine if this guy was on tcjimbo's team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3leGDcylCM

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

lucifirius posted:

nyahahahaha!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The player name... should have sent a poet :allears:

also shame on y'all for not posting these yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcFhzanoMHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBOMIhSMz_E

(well, definitely not 35. 34 might have been posted but I don't remember it)

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

lucifirius posted:

If I were playing with goons the Muradin would find a way to die to the wisp.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

tcjimbo posted:

If I were playing with goons the Muradin would find a way to die to the wisp.

When did you start playing Muradin?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

lucifirius posted:

a few days ago I was playing badly and tcjimbo told me so. I was so hurt that I queued up for another three or four games.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

If anyone is running their own Discord server for hots, check out the bot I wrote. It's been working well for us in the hotsgoons discord server.

Here it is.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, that bot is pretty good.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
'Sorry for messing up the match making, have a goodie bag.'

https://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21502251

quote:

AN UPDATE ON THE CURRENT RANKED SEASON
BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT 06/02/2018 2
Last December, we released several hotfixes to address bugs that were affecting matchmaking and placement matches near the start of the latest ranked Season. The issues stemmed from a combination of incorrect player seeding and overly-aggressive MMR adjustments. More recently, a number of highly-ranked players reported that they were consistently receiving negative personal rank adjustments at the end of their matches. We’ve investigated and identified the cause, and have already begun to address it.

We realize these issues made ranked play a frustrating and chaotic experience for many, and while the situation has now been addressed, it took far longer than it should have—and it frankly should not have happened to begin with. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We also apologize for our radio silence over the past few weeks. We wanted to take the time to properly assess the system so we could be sure we had addressed those matchmaking bugs appropriately before commenting further on the topic. That said, we also understand how frustrating the apparent lack of new information has been to our players.

The quality and integrity of Heroes of the Storm’s ranked experience is hugely important to us, and we’ve added additional measures and safeguards to prevent these issues from occurring in the future. We’ve also been closely monitoring ranked matchmaking and believe it has returned to a stable state.

A Token of Our Gratitude
As a small token of our appreciation for bearing with us through these challenges, we’re going to grant a free Legendary Loot Chest to players who completed any ranked matches in Hero or Team League between the start of the current season and January 31, 2018. We don’t have an exact date to share just yet, but you should receive your Legendary Loot Chest within the next few days.

On Performance-Based Matchmaking
As a side note, we still plan to re-introduce Performance-Based Matchmaking (PBM) in a future season as part of our continued quest to better reflect and recognize player skill. We made many big changes to the metagame with the 2018 Gameplay Update, and since the system learns from live data, we wanted the meta to solidify a little more before re-enabling PBM. We’re now seeing a fair amount of stability, and the system has been gathering solid information. We’ll have more details to share about the return of Performance-Based Matchmaking soon. In the meantime, we will continue to keep watch over the matchmaking system to ensure the rest of the season is fun and fair for everyone.

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding, and we’ll see you in Nexus!

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Just tried to play a game of Hero League and it was immediately toxic from the draft and our Naz kept disconnecting. It was pretty much the exact opposite of fun.

I guess you can't leave a game where someone dcs at like four minutes in because people would exploit it somehow? I don't get it at all.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I have only played 4 hero league games but I found them all pretty annoying. The queue is long, then people keep abandoning during draft if they're not happy about a pick. Players also seem pissy.

I'd love to get into it more but QM is just so nice to pick a hero and be in a game in less than two minutes.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Maybe if you don't like hero league just don't play it! There's no need to justify your decisions by generalizing and whining.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

beejay posted:

Maybe if you don't like hero league just don't play it! There's no need to justify your decisions by generalizing and whining.

That's a great impression of a HL player

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I just wanted to say that watching your mining laser melt half the enemy team near an objective from a bush is hilarious.

Also holy crud is Genji a pain when you don't have any cc.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

beejay posted:

None of the people whining were generalizing, though. They described their experiences but didn't say they were typical, just that they were done with them.

I get the impulse to defend HL, though. I love HL and TL, and if more QM and UD people joined it'd A) make queues better and B) dilute the tryhard rear end in a top hat population with decent folks.

Cuatal posted:

I guess you can't leave a game where someone dcs at like four minutes in because people would exploit it somehow? I don't get it at all.

They've said (TM) they're looking into ways to account for this that won't lead to abuse. Seeing as people already abuse TL MMR averaging to climb, abuse is a valid concern.

Ort posted:

The queue is long, then people keep abandoning during draft if they're not happy about a pick. Players also seem pissy.

I'd love to get into it more but QM is just so nice to pick a hero and be in a game in less than two minutes.

Queue length definitely depends on time of day (and server, I assume you're talking about NA). Have you tried TL 5-stack? It is full of chill dudes, even if you just find random teammates on /join teamleague :cheers:. It's definitely longer to queue and draft than QM, but if you have the time it's much more enjoyable to be able to coordinate and draft a comp.

Unrelated:
https://twitter.com/hotshighlord/status/960859772110045185

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Also patch notes are up!

Most of the orange text:

quote:

NOTE: While available in the PTR, Voice Chat will not be enabled on the live servers until a later date.

Target Info Panel
Target Info Panels have been introduced to allow players to investigate a unit's gameplay stats in real time.
The Target Info Panel will display in the top left of the screen after selecting a friendly or enemy target with left-click.
​The Target Info Panel can be repositioned by clicking and dragging to your desired location.
​Double-clicking the info panel will reset it to the default position.

Volskaya Foundry
Mercenary Pickups
Healing Pulse now acts as a totem, healing all Heroes in the area after being placed.
Turrets can now be placed instantly.

Genji
Dragonblade (R)
Damage reduced from 240 to 220
Level 20
The Dragon Becomes Me (R)
Bonus duration decreased from .75 second to .5 seconds per Hero hit

Greymane
Gilnean Cocktail (Q)
  • Mana cost reduced from 70 to 55
  • Explosion area increased by ~15%
  • Initial damage reduced from 59 to 55
  • Spread damage reduced from 236 to 220
Razor Swipe (Q)
Damage reduced from 135 to 126
Level 7
Wizened Duelist (Passive)
New functionality:
Every 6 Attacks against an enemy Hero increases Greymane’s Basic Attack damage by 1%, up to 30%. Gain triple benefit from attacking in Worgen form. Half of these bonuses are lost on death.

Hanzo
Level 7
Never Outmatched (W)
Cooldown reduction reduced from 4 to 2.5 seconds per Basic Attack
Sharpened Arrowheads (Passive)
Armor reduction reduced from 4 to 2
Maximum stacks increased from 5 to 10, so that the maximum negative Armor remains 20
Armor reduction duration reduced from 4 to 3 seconds

Malthael
Level 20
Reaper of Souls (R)
Bonus duration increased from 1 to 2 seconds.
Hero Takedowns will now reset the duration instead of increasing it by 4 seconds

Maiev passive armor from 15 to 10

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

So again, what... exactly is the point of Tormented Souls? They even gave him more ways to spread his reaper's mark in AOEs.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

hanzo is probably reasonable now. Malth nerfs look pretty savage even with the cleave added. 10 base armor is probably still too high for maiev.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Yukari posted:

So again, what... exactly is the point of Tormented Souls? They even gave him more ways to spread his reaper's mark in AOEs.

Still a lot easier to get marks on everyone with it. You're going to have a hard to meleeing mobile or ranged heroes without Tormented Souls. Both heroics look viable depending on if you need a big AoE vs single target burst.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Tes6F2wOU

Sylvanas' chinese new year skin has Jiang-Shi for Banshees. :allears:

The skins are all neat, too bad it'll be like 50 bucks again!

Yukari posted:

Last Rites is normally garbage.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is that a Rock and Roll Racing Brawl?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The Kael'thas skin looks so much worse in-game than it does on the art. Jesus.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I liked the animations. Especially for an epic skin.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
You know, they say Maiev's bind fucks over high mobility heroes. But you know who it REALLY fucks over? Low mobility heroes.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

In my one quick match the enemy maiev managed to get a single point of progress in the multi-fan talent and seemed dumbstruck when her leash plan was beaten by just following her and attacking.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Can you, you know, blink away to drag them with you? I guess she's just tethering Sonya every time and then confused why an angry redheaded lady won't leave her alone.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Elysium posted:

You know, they say Maiev's bind fucks over high mobility heroes. But you know who it REALLY fucks over? Low mobility heroes.

Low mobility heroes won't be trying to dash away.

bamhand posted:

Can you, you know, blink away to drag them with you? I guess she's just tethering Sonya every time and then confused why an angry redheaded lady won't leave her alone.

Yes, but the tether only pulls a maximum distance so there shouldn't be many shenanigans.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

lucifirius posted:

Low mobility heroes won't be trying to dash away.

The idea is you're tethering people who desperately want to get away. So if you tether Kael or Jaina, they either get pulled and stunned or stand there and die to your team. Either way they're screwed. A high mobility hero can at least wait until the tether ends and dash.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

bamhand posted:

The idea is you're tethering people who desperately want to get away. So if you tether Kael or Jaina, they either get pulled and stunned or stand there and die to your team. Either way they're screwed. A high mobility hero can at least wait until the tether ends and dash.

It's not that much different from other cc like stuns or slows, and if Kael or Jaina was close enough to get tethered they were gonna die anyway.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yes that is the point ... Maiev was billed as a hero who is good vs high mobility heroes when in fact she is good vs all heroes who do not want to get CCed.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

bamhand posted:

Yes that is the point ... Maiev was billed as a hero who is good vs high mobility heroes when in fact she is good vs all heroes who do not want to get CCed.

Was she actually though or was that community hype? I was thinking the same but realized I never actually saw a Blue post regarding that.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I believe it was mentioned in her quick look video that she is good vs mobile heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Well yes she is. You can't dash away or use movement abilities (unless you're Tracer and use Recall, or you get unstoppable).