Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Windmill Hut posted:

I expect it to be as bad as TLJ.

I would be fine if Solo is the best Star Wars movie Disney has released, and a very close runner up to Empire Strikes Back for the franchise as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

UmOk posted:

I know nothing about the character but I hope the new trilogy is The Jaxxon Trilogy.

Jaxxons corpse can actually be seen in an episode of Clone Wars which is canon now so....

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Here are some lines I expect Han to say in Solo:

"That's the last time I help anyone. It's you and me from here on out, Chewie ol pal"
"Lando I don't trust ya but I like ya"
"We'll fudge that" (this is after he does the Kessel Run in 12.2 parsecs)
"I love this ship and I'm going to keep it in mint condition forever"
"These dice are pretty important to me"
"You guys must have a death wish or you're none too bright" (this is when he meets Diego Luna and K2)
"Where's the toilet on this thing"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Han Solo might be the best pilot in the galaxy, but I need to know how he took a pristine YT-1300 and made it look like the inside of every searched car i’ve ever seen on Live PD.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Gonz posted:

Han Solo might be the best pilot in the galaxy, but I need to know how he took a pristine YT-1300 and made it look like the inside of every searched car i’ve ever seen on Live PD.

If it were this but the falcon and I take back all of the nasty things I've said about the film

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

jivjov posted:

All the diegetic music would be replaced by the greatest Jizz wailing from the galaxy far far away.

The version of this film that exists in my head would have been produced with a budget to small for Disney to sign off on.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ingmar terdman posted:

Here are some lines I expect Han to say in Solo:

"That's the last time I help anyone. It's you and me from here on out, Chewie ol pal"
"Lando I don't trust ya but I like ya"
"We'll fudge that" (this is after he does the Kessel Run in 12.2 parsecs)
"I love this ship and I'm going to keep it in mint condition forever"
"These dice are pretty important to me"
"You guys must have a death wish or you're none too bright" (this is when he meets Diego Luna and K2)
"Where's the toilet on this thing"

You don't expect him to say I got a bad feeling about this?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tired of Youtube RLM haterade Star Wars analysis videos?

Here's a new good one about Han Solo that dropped just in time for the Solo trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIhfGJWSen8

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

El Burbo posted:

You don't expect him to say I got a bad feeling about this?

No Woody will

HAN: Actually I'm feeling pretty good about this

BECKETT: Well I've got a bad feeling about this

HAN: Ooh that's good

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Same. Whoever is Solo looks bland and dim and has nowhere near the amount of charisma you need to play a young version of Harrison Ford.

they auditioned 3,000 actors and came up with this highly distinctive bunch. real balls of charisma, every one

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

R. Guyovich posted:

they auditioned 3,000 actors and came up with this highly distinctive bunch. real balls of charisma, every one

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In case you're wondering, the speeder Han was driving in the trailer appears to be based on a Falcon. A Ford Falcon.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao

this is pretty much hollywood reaping what it sows, though. they've been relying on special effects in lieu of charisma and haven't built any new tentpole stars with the kind of strong personality you need for this part. see also: worthington, sam. courtney, jai.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

teagone posted:

Still firmly believe Ansel Elgort would have been a better yung Solo. Edgar Wright probably should have directed the movie too.

It sucks that he got soured on franchise movies because he would make the best movie in pretty much any franchise you can think of

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

I hope he parks in front of Dex's dinner for maximum nerd outrage

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is that...is that going to get nerds mad?

If so, why?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ingmar terdman posted:

No Woody will

HAN: Actually I'm feeling pretty good about this

BECKETT: Well I've got a bad feeling about this

HAN: Ooh that's good

Ah, you're right

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/960670825400614913

holy poo poo

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Childish Landino

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is the best thing about this movie already.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

That's cool.

R. Guyovich posted:

Dave Franco has some charisma but I have a hard time seeing how he could pass as a young Han Solo in any possible universe.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dave Franco ruined Disaster Artist for me. He's just Dave Franco in everything.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

Dave Franco ruined Disaster Artist for me. He's just Dave Franco in everything.

Well I only really know him from 21 Jump Street.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

R. Guyovich posted:

I'm getting old - I don't recognise a single one of them. Unless :thejoke: . (The guy top row centre would work as a young Brad Pitt, though.)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Payndz posted:

I'm getting old - I don't recognise a single one of them. Unless :thejoke: . (The guy top row centre would work as a young Brad Pitt, though.)

The bottom left guy is James Franco's brother Dave Franco and the weird looking fellow to his right is Miles Teller from Whiplash and the most recent Fantastic Four. hth

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

AndyElusive posted:

Is that...is that going to get nerds mad?

If so, why?

Because nerds get mad about literally everything. Haven't you been reading the thread?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Love makin' bad Star Wars movies to trigger the libs.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Nah it's gonna be like

CHEWIE: "RAarraaa! RAH!"
SOLO: "*You've* got a bad feeling about this!?"

poo poo, I'd be an amazing Star Wars writer.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

SolarFire2 posted:

Because nerds get mad about literally everything. Haven't you been reading the thread?

I skim.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Payndz posted:

Hail Caesar, Sing Street, Kingsmen, Everybody Wants Some, ???, Disaster Artist, Whiplash, Baby Driver, ???

Do you even watch movies? Or are you self-diagnosed with faceblindness?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
This is like when Jennifer Hudson came up ITT. If you mostly watch nerdy dude movies, you could easily not have seen any of those.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
If you haven't seen every movie from the last two years then you shouldn't be posting.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Payndz posted:

(The guy top row centre would work as a young Brad Pitt, though.)

I'm seeing Liev Schreiber.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you post in a subforum dedicated to movies and you cant recognize at least a few of those actors what the gently caress are you watching.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
It’s amazing how much Jack Reynor looks like Chris Pratt. I bet he would have been a good choice for Solo. Sing Street is great, watch it if you haven’t yet.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Vintersorg posted:

If you post in a subforum dedicated to movies and you cant recognize at least a few of those actors what the gently caress are you watching.

Nothing post 2005.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

SolarFire2 posted:

There have been very specific posts in this thread about how a 50s dinner in Star Wams is bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Colonel Whitey posted:

It’s amazing how much Jack Reynor looks like Chris Pratt. I bet he would have been a good choice for Solo. Sing Street is great, watch it if you haven’t yet.

I would go for Chris Pratt being Han Solo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Sing Street is great, watch it if you haven’t yet.

That movie being completely ignored for La La Land's two dogshit songs at the Oscars was criminal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuWTcmjnEGY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

I said come in! posted:

I would go for Chris Pratt being Han Solo.

He's sort of already done that.