Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Offtank Morgana mid has carried me to Diamond

Thank for the tip whichever goon this was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Japex posted:

If you're a masochist play Soraka and watch as your teammates run away from you when they're low.

you get a massive speed boost towards critical HP allies how can they be outrunning you

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
In my experience, they scatter to all points of the compass and then Rengar jumps on you and then you get poo poo in for not healing.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
I dont get how cool fights where no one dies are considered way less exciting than fights where someone does.

Strategically the issue isnt that denying early kills denies building early leads,
teams are still building big leads it's the midgame where everything starts to stall out.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
remove all clickable items imo, let champions act through their skills

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

iSurrender posted:

I dont get how cool fights where no one dies are considered way less exciting than fights where someone does.

Strategically the issue isnt that denying early kills denies building early leads,
teams are still building big leads it's the midgame where everything starts to stall out.

How are fights at six minutes where multiple people use the same item active from the same mastery to stall out early action cool?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sometimes you get insane fiestas (usually in the LPL) where everyone's popping stopwatches to juggle tower aggro and it is a sight to behold.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Offtank Morgana mid has carried me to Diamond

Thank for the tip whichever goon this was

That sounds interesting, where do I start?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Challenger :v:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

iSurrender posted:

because league of legends players thirst for blood

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

pog boyfriend posted:

because league of legends players thirst for blood

Low kill games are boring, true story

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man I need to broaden my champ pool a little, I played a game where the other team banned MF and picked This and it left Mr with zero champs I knew how to play

So i went twitch and hoo boy bad move

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Something very freeing about accepting that you're going to be trash tho especially when suddenly you realize you've been farming long enough while everyone ignores you that your basic attacks are now tiny freight trains because you have all the items

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Something very freeing about accepting that you're going to be trash tho especially when suddenly you realize you've been farming long enough while everyone ignores you that your basic attacks are now tiny freight trains because you have all the items

This be realize it for the entirety of your time playing League and it will free you. Neo.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

life is a lot like league of legends, when you think about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

life is a lot like league of legends, when you think about it.
whoever has more money wins

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This be realize it for the entirety of your time playing League and it will free you. Neo.

But I want to get better

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Seriously tho who else should I work into my "ah yes I know how to play you" pool besides Tris and MF, maybe Caitlin????

I would play vayne but I auto ban her so it would be pointless

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

political facebook posts getting you down? try /mute all

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Seriously tho who else should I work into my "ah yes I know how to play you" pool besides Tris and MF, maybe Caitlin????

Cait and Ashe are both fairly straightforward to pick up and learn, you might try those. Lucian is also fun as gently caress but much harder and I dunno how good he is nowadays.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

The Shortest Path posted:

Cait and Ashe are both fairly straightforward to pick up and learn, you might try those. Lucian is also fun as gently caress but much harder and I dunno how good he is nowadays.

MF is the best ADC, if she gets picked/banned before you get to pick her, just dodge.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

But I want to get better

:captainpop:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ashe is someone every ADC main should be able to play, Varus and Kog'maw as well.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Spudalicious posted:

MF is the best ADC, if she gets picked/banned before you get to pick her, just dodge.
She's sitting at a 49.8% winrate right now, I don't think this is correct (sadly)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MF has a strong two-item spike and then falls off like a rock. She's better at lower MMRs because you're more likely to go up against people who have no idea how to handle your Q. The current best ADCs are Kog and Varus, both of whom have strong one/two/three item spikes and scale a lot better (Varus especially).

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

Vermain posted:

MF has a strong two-item spike and then falls off like a rock. She's better at lower MMRs because you're more likely to go up against people who have no idea how to handle your Q. The current best ADCs are Kog and Varus, both of whom have strong one/two/three item spikes and scale a lot better (Varus especially).

MF has one of the better level 2 spikes in the game in my lovely silver opinion. Make it rain makes landing a game-over skillshot like leona all in or blitz grab easy, MF/Leona or blitz is almost a guaranteed kill at 2, provided the jungle doesn't show up and ruin the party.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
MF should be built with straight crit and not pen items now...the nerfs to lethality were too much...

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
varus is twice as strong as any other adc because he’s three guys.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

varus is twice as strong as any other adc because he’s three gays.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Work Friend Keven posted:

varus is twice as strong as any other adc because he’s three guys.

I've seen joke before, but I don't get it. Of course I've only played with a varus once, and he kicked my buttocks.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

8.3 notes. Huge and well-deserved Azir nerf for his laning phase; should make him a lot more vulnerable and will hopefully break his back as the #1 undisputed midlane champ.

Nightgull posted:

I've seen joke before, but I don't get it. Of course I've only played with a varus once, and he kicked my buttocks.

His updated backstory that was released a few months ago is now that a gay couple, with one of them on the verge of dying, made a trek to some forbidden pools in the hopes of them being healed and instead had their souls and bodies fused together by a trapped demon and became its new host.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
how do i get this job

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

how do i get this job

You keep what you kill.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Nightgull posted:

The Darkin are a race of demonic weapons that attempt to take control of whoever is using them. For some reason Varus had his lore reworked to become one of those, with his host being two gay men fused into a third body.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

They've been gradually trying to tie everything together in the lore, so I don't think it's too weird that they'd make his bow a Darkin when there's already precedent. I can only guess that Kayn's development took place before they started working on Varus' lore update and thought that two champions with a similar conceit (normal human wielding a Darkin while attempting to fight off its corruption) wouldn't work well narratively, which is why his new story is such a massive departure from the old stuff.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

:siren:Activating Stopwatch or Zhonya's now cancel's [sic] Ryze's ultimate as though he had been interrupted by crowd control.:siren:

On one hand, this interaction was pretty gamewarping in pro play and I'm glad it's gone. On the other, I wonder how low Ryze's winrate can get.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 6, 2018

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

8.3 notes. Huge and well-deserved Azir nerf for his laning phase; should make him a lot more vulnerable and will hopefully break his back as the #1 undisputed midlane champ.

I don't think that J4 nerf will do much but we'll see.

Also Kat is getting nerfed so I'll just play Zed I guess.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Post about the AP item changes coming on the 8.4 PBE. Interesting seeing what they're doing to split up Morellonomicon. Twin Shadows is also reappearing, which is nice. I always felt bad playing support and having to decide between Eye and FQC.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
My god, they made a new J4 skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
what the gently caress is that