Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The Rat posted:

what about if you like dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

The Rat posted:

i like dogs

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

rich people guns are weird

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

When you really want to hunt a dik-dik, a leopard and stork on your African safari but you don’t want to pay for an guy to hold your other rifles.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

When you really want to hunt a dik-dik, a leopard and stork on your African safari but you don’t want to pay for an guy to hold your other rifles.

So you buy a six-figure gun instead.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

So you buy a six-figure gun instead.

Those filthy mud people don’t deserve my money. Better to keep it Europe for hard working white people.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

I want to liberate that from a mansion.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Drilling and vierling guns are loving radical

When you want a bird, a deer, and maybe take a pop at a discarded soda can but don't feel like swapping guns

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Some Euro gun laws allow people to own only so many guns, so they buy one gun with 20 different barrels.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/745221533

:monocle:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

There's like one guy who owns 10 of 15 of those in the US. I've been watching that auction for years. No one bit at $40k, either. You do get to choose between .300 mag and .308!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The pushpin SG1 he has up is pretty sweet too.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/746562075

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Unfired? I'm calling bullshit.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

So I'm living on base (Joint AF/Navy base) due to the fact I just inherited 3 kids and it's easier to figure out my budget while living $300 average rent for a 4 BR with garage (With free utilities) Went to register my 19 firearms and apparently the AF has a 5 firearm limit, no AR policy for all Naval housing to include Air Force (where I live) due to too many people coming on post with unregistered weapons. Watch me get ramp checked and hammered next time I go to the range because I couldn't register 2/3 of my firearms.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Benning had a limit of 5 at one time but so many people ran over they just told you to get another signed form with the other guns on it.

If you have a copy no one gives a poo poo even if it's declares void later on.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I might just try to get the base commander to do an exemption. Another thing that I'm puzzled over is there's no "assault rifle" on post either. Does that mean no AR15? I guess I can try to register it and see what they say.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Our company couldn't get any actual ruling on that even from the provost marshal, so we just took it to mean burst or full auto.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

SKITTLES BREAK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc-ZCGI5z5c

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Anyone handle Steyrs' pistols? Opinions?

New generation is out and the previous is floating around $500. Looking at the L40-A1. Thinking about trading off my brazilian .357 before something else breaks on it. Need to burn through the box of rounds I have left first though.

Love the space gun look way too much.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

New generation is out and the previous is floating around $500. Looking at the L40-A1. Thinking about trading off my brazilian .357 before something else breaks on it. Need to burn through the box of rounds I have left first though.

I handled an L9-A1 at a store recently. It's comfortable, the sights are really cool, and the trigger is like a less mushy and slightly lighter Glock.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm probably going to go look around this week and see if a shop in town has one. Buds has them around $480, might just find an ffl to receive it. I'd love to rent one for an hour but it's definitely not common enough to be a range rental.

Everything I've read about them has been positive. It's nice to see the price slide a bit too.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Probably a cool gun but why not an S&W M&P or Glock so you can actually buy magazines and holsters?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I've got the M357 and they're a fantastic striker pistol. The grip works a lot better for me that a Glock's does and those sights are awesome; the trigger is great as well. Haven't handled the L models but I'd assume they're pretty much identical.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

DoktorLoken posted:

Probably a cool gun but why not an S&W M&P or Glock so you can actually buy magazines and holsters?

Professor Bling posted:

I've got the M357 and they're a fantastic striker pistol. The grip works a lot better for me that a Glock's does and those sights are awesome; the trigger is great as well. Haven't handled the L models but I'd assume they're pretty much identical.

Pretty much because of reviews like this. Seriously. I've yet to read a review that doesn't praise them. Holsters are available and I don't really need more than a handful of magazines. If I want to get fancy with a holster, I'll ask someone in the leather shop at work to make me one on the side.

I'm aware glocks are equally reliable, cheaper, durable, etc. I just want something a bit different. I'm not a fan of the M&P pistols. I'll get a S&W revolver, but they make some ugly rear end pistols imo.

I was hoping they'd put out a .45 with this recent generation, but it looks like it's all 9mm and .40 for now. That 357sig version is probably a fair bit more scarce. L models have 4.5" barrels, so longer frame and slide, but the same otherwise.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

The M&P definitely has a unique look but it kind of grows on you. I love them, great for shooting.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Shotgun is normally my weakest point, so I was pretty glad with how this turned out. Normally I can't hit clays for poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scCzOTqwZMY

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

The Rat posted:

Shotgun is normally my weakest point, so I was pretty glad with how this turned out. Normally I can't hit clays for poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scCzOTqwZMY

I wishes we could do that in the UK. We have Practical Shotgun but I miss shooting handguns sooo much. :negative:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Starting to look into a CCW license. First step is to actually get a gun!

I definitely want something no smaller than 9x19mm, but I've tried a SIG P938 and didn't really like it (it was uncomfortable to fire because of how small it is for the cartridge and had a horrific jam that I've never encountered before that totally locked up the gun until it got smacked open). At the same time, I don't think I want a full-size pistol because I work in an office with at least one person who's extremely uncomfortable around guns and she'd probably flip if she knew I was carrying every day.

Any suggestions for a mid-size pistol? I'm a fan of full size M&Ps but never fired a smaller one like a Shield. Glocks are okay but I'm not crazy about them.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

The Shield is pretty much the gold standard of sub-compact 9mms.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Carrying a full size pistol sucks, generally. I've done it with a Beretta 96 and a 1911. I had my eye on the XDS for a couple of years, but after shooting one of those and a friend's wife's Shield, I flipped and bought Shield right away.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

drat, a Shield is only $300. If I wasn't doing the movie, I'd have that thing snapped up a month from now.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kfRaCxrfEY

whyyyy

$1600 :psypop:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Spoiler: that’s not that expensive.

Look at what else is owned by this thread

I’ve got $2700 set aside for a Ruger RPR, $800 scope, and reloading gear that is sitting there until I’m confident I won’t need that lump of cash when I’m in California for the summer.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

$1600 is pretty up there for a weirdo niche gun with no accessories.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

people that modernize wood rifles with black bullshit should be hanged

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

You say that, but I have a broken 1853 Enfield stock that I'm thinking about putting an underfolder on as a joke.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

What if it’s grey

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

Spoiler: that’s not that expensive.
That's quite a bit more than I'd be willing to pay for what is both a gimmick and a sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Internet Wizard posted:

What if it’s grey

Eh, it's still mass produced and used in various conflicts, do what you want.

When is the last time the US issued the m1 carbine? Korea? Maybe early in Vietnam?

There's loving with one of the most prevalent rifles in the world, then there's loving with history. Don't gently caress up history.