Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

My one memory of Wolfenstein TNO is bumbling around the base doing chores for people for most of the game. Don’t play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
It's actually, uh, good

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just killed the first colossus. Am I crazy or wasn't the The Opened Way supposed to play?

Also had to go back to the classic controls. I couldn't get used to the new ones.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Good news: They're both good!

Yeah definitely planning on getting around to it eventually but just finishing up prey atm and got titanfall 2 on deck so a bit too many fpses right now

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You shoulda seen my face when I walked into GameStop his morning to get SOTC only to be told it wasn't released til tomorrow

Theyre trying to save you. The original looks way better

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Over There posted:

Just killed the first colossus. Am I crazy or wasn't the The Opened Way supposed to play?

Also had to go back to the classic controls. I couldn't get used to the new ones.

I only just discovered now in this remake that there's an extra thing that can happen in that fight- if you hit its calf weak spot enough, a tiny cutscene plays where it trips, gets back up, and gets more aggressive along with a different music track. I can't name them all by ear but maybe that's it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Carmant posted:

Theyre trying to save you. The original looks way better

I already have the original on Ps2 and Ps3 😏

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

haveblue posted:

I only just discovered now in this remake that there's an extra thing that can happen in that fight- if you hit its calf weak spot enough, a tiny cutscene plays where it trips, gets back up, and gets more aggressive along with a different music track. I can't name them all by ear but maybe that's it?

Yeah that's what I remember from the original but I did that in this one and it didn't play the cutscene or music. Maybe because I'm on hard.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sakurazuka posted:

Still enjoyed Wolf 2 but it was definitely a step down from TNO

this. its shorter(and not in good way) but its also a more personal story. but it has issues.

the dlc isnt that bad. the first one is fun. second one is eh.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also what is the word of mouth on Kingdom Come: Deliverance? The game looks cool but i dont think full price cool.

u can roleplay as a volcel knight

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

haveblue posted:

It'll download firmware updates, yeah, it just won't install them until you wake it up and click OK.

I think that’s old news? I swear there’s something you can click now to allow it to install it in rest mode, not just download. Could be wrong

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

sold

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

Wow, this game really is as true-to-life as possible.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think that’s old news? I swear there’s something you can click now to allow it to install it in rest mode, not just download. Could be wrong

There is; it's turned on for my PS4 at home.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah before you just couldn’t do it period (it downloaded in rest but that was it) think it was a liability if there was a power loss? Now I think you just check that box that says “y’know there’s a small chance you’ll lose all your poo poo”

boz
Oct 16, 2005
The photo mode is great, and will probably get me killed many times.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Selfie of the Colossus.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Play TNO, watch a 3 hour youtube of cutscenes from TNC. This is the correct way to experience Wolfenstein.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

fridge corn posted:

Yeah definitely planning on getting around to it eventually but just finishing up prey atm and got titanfall 2 on deck so a bit too many fpses right now

Honestly yeah just watch the cutscenes of TNC, you’re going to hate the gameplay coming from TF2 (which is arguably the best FPS on the market).

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lol, Doom 2016 was so much better in pretty much every way.

E. Than Wolfenstein, that is. Titanfall 2 is agreeably the best FPS on the market.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Oh the other thing I remember about that first Wolfenstein game is the sewer level that was completely devoid of enemies

That’s the poo poo I come to shooters for

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Oh the other thing I remember about that first Wolfenstein game is the sewer level that was completely devoid of enemies

That’s the poo poo I come to shooters for

The audio diaries in that part were good

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Every time I see TF2 I assume it’s about Team Fortress, even when we’re literally talking about Titanfall one sentence prior.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've heard Grand Kingdom's pretty mediocre, but in what ways does it underachieve? I just keep hearing that the loop is boring.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

Every time I see TF2 I assume it’s about Team Fortress, even when we’re literally talking about Titanfall one sentence prior.

yea same. I played that game too long for that acronym to ever mean anything else

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Team Fortress 2 is long dead as a videogame (it was always bad compared to TFC) so Titanfall 2 deserves that more.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guillermus posted:

Team Fortress 2 is long dead as a videogame (it was always bad compared to TFC) so Titanfall 2 deserves that more.

That's what I call a "bad opinion".

If anything is dead, it's Titanfall 2. There's no way Team Fortress 2 isn't more popular.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

That's what I call a "bad opinion".

If anything is dead, it's Titanfall 2. There's no way Team Fortress 2 isn't more popular.

Long dead as videogame. It became a hat simulator and gameplay isn't even as interesting as classic. Sure, link player population, that doesn't make it good or better than Titanfall 2 at all.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Guillermus posted:

Long dead as videogame. It became a hat simulator and gameplay isn't even as interesting as classic. Sure, link player population, that doesn't make it good or better than Titanfall 2 at all.

Fortunately the Titanfall franchise is looking on the up and up under the safe purview of reputable publisher *reads card* oh....oh dear..

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It is more likely that we get to see Titanfall 3 than anything valve with a 3.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I just finished Prey. Good game.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is there anywhere I can buy a boxed version of SOTC with Paypal in Europe 🤔? I don't want to get it digital cos I want to give it to somebody afterwards.
I'd prefer to buy it new, I know I could wait for CEX to get it and use Paypal with them.

I ordered mine from shopto in the UK yesterday and paid with PayPal. It was 28€.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hopper posted:

I ordered mine from shopto in the UK yesterday and paid with PayPal. It was 28€.

Thanks!

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Knack players add me (PhyrxianLibrarin) on PSN so that you can get more options in your treasure chests.

Yes I'm serious

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

It would make me very sad if Microsoft were to buy EA or Valve.

Also, as soon as I have Personaed the heck out of 5, I will probably get Nier. Then SOTC and then Monster Hunter. I am being left behind by good games!! :D

Oh man, I totally want to know what you think of NieR:A. :stoked:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

haha alright those that have finally got around to playing Knack then after all these years of :pray:, how is it?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just got my Paragon refund approved and will be delivered within 2 weeks. Thanks Epic and Fortnite for making so much money that they're paying for my copy of The Surge the next time it goes on Flash Sale!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone know where you turn on Supersampling in the Beta FW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Feenix posted:

Anyone know where you turn on Supersampling in the Beta FW?

Sound & Screen