Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Night Danger Moose posted:

3" catted downpipe for the Focus. Now that I have a decent income, it's time to let the wallet say yes to what the heart wants. :buddy: :dance:

I’m not a car person, so this is probably dumb, but what does this do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Looks like some kind of wind instrument.
For making noise probably.

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's a barrel for a large bore vapecycle.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Subjunctive posted:

Downpipe is the section of exhaust after the turbocharger (basically an air compressor that runs off of a turbine that's spun by exhaust.)

Depending on the original equipment design it can allow the turbo to spin up faster and/or allow the engine to make more power by being less restrictive than the original part, which is usually designed more with manufacturing simplicity and cost reduction in mind than performance.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

^ What he said. It's more on the less-restriction side, but there is minimal performance gain from it. It's my first step in replacing the exhaust. Everything from that point to the end of the line will be done with tax return money.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thank you!

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Actual gun.

What's the shotgun? It looks a lot like a mail order Stevens that my dad gave me when I was a kid.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Casu Marzu posted:

What's the shotgun? It looks a lot like a mail order Stevens that my dad gave me when I was a kid.

New England Firearms SB1. According to the seller, it was bought by the US Fish & Wildlife Service for some youth stuff 15 years ago and then never ended up being used before being sold as surplus.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

New England Firearms SB1. According to the seller, it was bought by the US Fish & Wildlife Service for some youth stuff 15 years ago and then never ended up being used before being sold as surplus.

Nice, little single shot break action shotguns are a hoot.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Saw it off

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

It's the first part of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Y0dLTbISw

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mission ships their backpacks in two days for free. I was not expecting that.

It's SO COMFORTABLE. It's also fits my daily carry items to a T.

It's only been a day but I couldn't be happier.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I need to use it as a prop for a movie first (firing blanks at a dude!), but the thought did cross my mind.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Inzombiac posted:

Mission ships their backpacks in two days for free. I was not expecting that.

It's SO COMFORTABLE. It's also fits my daily carry items to a T.

It's only been a day but I couldn't be happier.

They make quality bags but I hate velcro and they use the loudest velcro on earth.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I’m buying a new wheel and tire for my car in the morning because it went flat and I couldn’t get pulled over for half a loving mile.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Night Danger Moose posted:

3" catted downpipe for the Focus. Now that I have a decent income, it's time to let the wallet say yes to what the heart wants. :buddy: :dance:

The rust gods have acknowledged your tribute and eagerly await to consume the rest of your exhaust system.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

New fixie, gonna shoot some ducks with it later

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

New fixie, gonna shoot some ducks with it later

Can I ask what you paid?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

They make quality bags but I hate velcro and they use the loudest velcro on earth.

The Fraction doesn't have any velcro, I think.
Just flaps and waterproof zippers.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Can I ask what you paid?

Too much :shepspends: just about 7.9.. but I’d checked pretty much all the dealers in two countries (hk and sg) and all were out of stock, so when my girlfriend found this by chance walking past an AD in Dubai I thought ‘gently caress it’

mystes
May 31, 2006

I bought some everclear to try infusing it with dried hot peppers. After a few hours, it's already hot enough that I can't even taste alcohol because the second it touches my tongue it just taste hot.

I plan to add dilute it to at the end, though, so I'll probably give it another few hours to make sure it will be strong enough.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I have an Amazon store card that I have to make monthly payments on anyway, so for like a year now, I've been making some of those monthly payments by buying one of these instead of just paying for Spotify monthly. I think I'm currently paid up until the end of April, and with the one I just ordered, I'll be good 'til the end of July.

(Amazon doesn't offer digital gift cards for Spotify so I have to get physical cards shipped to me :shepface: )

Also Old Navy has this "Super Cash" thing that you could accumulate from previous orders and take a certain amount off of orders this week, so I ordered a couple basic button-down shirts for when it gets warmer and got $20 taken off my order:

I still have $10 Super Cash remaining, so I'll probably order one more shirt before this week is over. I recently went overkill and bought a lot of long-sleeved shirts for cold weather because I didn't have many that fit me. Now I have more than enough, so I need to balance out in the short-sleeve department.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Can I ask what you paid?

Looks like they're 23$

Though if you care about the branding, it'll cost about a hundred bucks

:q:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Why not just spend $30 for a year when you join a family/group plan. There is even a thread for it to try and join.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Etrips posted:

Why not just spend $30 for a year when you join a family/group plan. There is even a thread for it to try and join.
I was actually in a family plan with one of my friends when I first got Spotify back in 2016, but I think Spotify found out and cut us off or something so I've just been paying for it by myself ever since.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Inzombiac posted:

The Fraction doesn't have any velcro, I think.
Just flaps and waterproof zippers.

I'm an idiot.
The lower compartment outside of the main flap has a huge strip of very loud velcro.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Bought more comics! But mainly excited for this one

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OSU_Matthew posted:

Looks like they're 23$

Though if you care about the branding, it'll cost about a hundred bucks

:q:
poo poo, might be even cheaper than that because LUBE UP YOUR BUTT's doesn't even have the date complication.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mystes posted:

I bought some everclear to try infusing it with dried hot peppers. After a few hours, it's already hot enough that I can't even taste alcohol because the second it touches my tongue it just taste hot.

I plan to add dilute it to at the end, though, so I'll probably give it another few hours to make sure it will be strong enough.

Are you....okay?

mystes
May 31, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Are you....okay?
Yeah? Have you never tried Ancho Reyes or similar? It's basically just sweetened, hot pepper-infused vodka.

It's just faster to infuse it at a higher proof and dilute it rather than infusing vodka which takes a lot longer.

mystes has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Feb 5, 2018

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Went to take a shower and the stupid handle just twisted right off at the cartridge stem, so I bought a new one:

I could've bought the stupid thing tonight and fixed it right away, but it's half the price to buy the stupid thing on Amazon and wait a few days, so, looks like I get to wake up early and shower at the gym in the meantime :ohdear:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mystes posted:

Yeah? Have you never tried Ancho Reyes or similar? It's basically just sweetened, hot pepper-infused vodka.

It's just faster to infuse it at a higher proof and dilute it rather than infusing vodka which takes a lot longer.

There is a habenero cider that I adore so making my own spicy liquor sounds so good.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

OSU_Matthew posted:

Went to take a shower and the stupid handle just twisted right off at the cartridge stem, so I bought a new one:

I could've bought the stupid thing tonight and fixed it right away, but it's half the price to buy the stupid thing on Amazon and wait a few days, so, looks like I get to wake up early and shower at the gym in the meantime :ohdear:

Must be a big vaper

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

SEKCobra posted:

Must be a big vaper

He did establish that it is stupid.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

There is a habenero cider that I adore so making my own spicy liquor sounds so good.

I really enjoy a couple of habaneros spiraled into a handle of Tito's, and the oily nature of alcohol means it carries the capsicum oils away pretty quickly. not sure if this would work quite the same with dried chilis but I expect it would. Bonus, if you use orange habaneros they end up bleached and looking like tapeworms.

mystes
May 31, 2006

With my everclear infusion, it got strong enough in one day that i could make a cup of hot chocolate spicy with like a tablespoon of it, and I couldn't taste the alcohol at all at that level, so I think it would be very easy to add to cider. I will probably have to dilute it with more everclear (as well as water) again if I actually want to use it as flavored vodka rather than hot pepper extract.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Just reupped on my supply of three crabs brand fish sauce

yall, i can't tell you enough good things about this fish sauce. it's not overly salty. it doesn't smell like a dockworkers rear end or taste like fish vomit. its delicious and its the only fish sauce i'll use in making nuoc cham.

i love you three crabs

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

the black husserl posted:

yall, i can't tell you enough good things about this fish sauce. it's not overly salty. it doesn't smell like a dockworkers rear end or taste like fish vomit. its delicious and its the only fish sauce i'll use in making nuoc cham.

i love you three crabs
Then why have it in the first place? :v:

Anker SoundBuds Slim Wireless Headphones because these expensive-rear end Powerbeats 3 keep losing a charge after 40 minutes of use.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Makenoise 0-coast

"im not bankrupt! im not bankrupt !!", i continue to insist as i slowly buy my first modular synth and disappear into a robot fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

the black husserl posted:

i love you three crabs

Hell yeah! If any of you guys are from Portland (or NYC I guess) and have had Pok Pok wings, this is the stuff they recommend using if you make em at home. We've done a few batches and they're pretty drat good. Not as good as the real deal, but still very very good.