Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

I nonchalantly flopped it on your shoulder while were watching a movie.

*opens it up*

Hey this is a blog post about football you jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ginette Reno posted:

Is it out yet?

yes

https://grrm.livejournal.com/560666.html

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

Is it out yet?
Funny I came to ask the same thing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Current mood:

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Is it out yet?

(and by it, I mean A Clash of Kinks)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Saeka posted:

Is it out yet?

(and by it, I mean A Clash of Kinks)

Book never coming out. Entire roster of authors is sexmonsters. Sorry.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Saeka posted:

Is it out yet?

I'll take it out for anyone who asks.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IRQ posted:

I'll take it out for anyone who asks.

The Bojack Horseman av just makes it soooo much worse...

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I have a bad feeling about this...

quote:

“Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

Elman fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 6, 2018

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/hashtaggriswold/status/960977551891091457

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Space Littlefinger had catered to many tastes at this particular space establishment, but even he was taken aback by the old mans brazen space appetites

"Myself, the boy, two droids... and no questions asked"

Gymmy the Hutt was vocally displeased at being put out in the middle of his weekly visit, but Space Littlefinger had a feeling the old man needed the larger room and he did not appear to be a man of patience.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I, for one, am looking forward to R2 getting a hummer from a gonk droid.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Play with Hera Syndulla

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

lol people are so loving bitter. like anything GRRM would have produced would have been better.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It never even occurred to me that someone would be mad that the TV people are doing it and not GRRM.

I would let D&B have every star wars before I let the fat fucker get one.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

nine-gear crow posted:

lol people are so loving bitter. like anything GRRM would have produced would have been better.

Yes, yes it would. I mean, we know for a fact that GRRM's writing involved consequences for violating the most basic and fundamental rules of the feudal system, while kinslaying has become the normal means of ascension in the show-verse. For gently caress's sake, Ellaria became queen of Dorne by virtue of murdering the entire royal family despite just being the mistress of one of its former leaders. The sand sneks had more of a loving claim to it than her.

You can argue day and night about how good or bad GRRM's writing and storytelling is, but I do not believe you can in good faith argue that it is not better and more well thought-out than the dreck D&D have made. Granted, that is a very, very, very low bar to pass, but it is still one he passes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It never even occurred to me that someone would be mad that the TV people are doing it and not GRRM.

I would let D&B have every star wars before I let the fat fucker get one.

Oh, I was talking about GOT the show itself. People are suddenly all like "aaaugh this show sucks now because they've moved beyond GRRM and are doing poo poo like *gasp* giving people what they've been waiting in some cases 15 years to finally see. This show's nothing without GRRM." And I'm like, "bitch, did you even read the last two books?" Nothing happens and the series ends with Dany making GBS threads herself in the desert after not even brushing past Tyrion in a hallway somewhere.

Yes, clearly actual plot and character development is inferior to another decade of dithering and stalling until GRRM finally croaks. :rolleyes:

People are stupid.

Edit: Dorne was terrible, but they're all dead now anyway so who gives a poo poo?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Star Wars may actually be perfect for them to be honest. It's such a limited world and scope that only uses fire and forget characters that I think they can excel at it. I'm being serious.

edit:
Remember that stupid Arya chase? Add lightsabers to that and make it Tattoonie (or what ever) and it's an amazing Star Wars scene.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Star Wars may actually be perfect for them to be honest. It's such a limited world and scope that only uses fire and forget characters that I think they can excel at it. I'm being serious.

edit:
Remember that stupid Arya chase? Add lightsabers to that and make it Tattoonie (or what ever) and it's an amazing Star Wars scene.

If the last decade of TV shows and movies have shown anything, it's that the only person who can manage to screw up Star Wars is George Lucas himself. So all the power to those two chucklefucks. Anything to keep them from making that godawful "Yeah, but what if the Confederacy won the Civil War, wouldn't that be cool guys?" show they keep threatening to do.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think that show could be interesting as well. I don't know if they're good enough to pull it off is the problem. You'd have to go really loving dark and I don't know if the average viewer is ready to see what actual slavery and true horrific institutional racism looks like. It would wind up being a "slavers are bad, but they have regular feelings too guys" type show and that would be even worse.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
When I told some people at work that enjoyed the last season of Game of Thrones they all tried to explain why I was wrong. None of them were book readers who are mad about it going further than the books - its just become the received wisdom.

It wasn't even like I said "best season ever!" or anything like that. I just said I liked it and even agreed with the flaws they pointed out. It seems things have to be either 100% greatness or 100% trash for a lot of people.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

When I told some people at work that enjoyed the last season of Game of Thrones they all tried to explain why I was wrong. None of them were book readers who are mad about it going further than the books - its just become the received wisdom.

It wasn't even like I said "best season ever!" or anything like that. I just said I liked it and even agreed with the flaws they pointed out. It seems things have to be either 100% greatness or 100% trash for a lot of people.
You. You managed to keep your WILD CARDS tag and I didn't. loving LoosChanj.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I can give it back to you via a GBS post if you want - that's not really a big deal.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Just tell me what to do magic man.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Just sit and wait for an admin to say yes or no.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

Yeah, actually thinking hard about it I dunno if I’d say it was good but I enjoyed every episode while I watched it

Jaime’s departure + the montage of snow falling on King’s Landing genuinely moved me and I still think it was one of the most powerful moments of the entire series

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Jaime is like, the only character on the show I still really like. (Tyrion is too...obvious at this point. I'm sure he'll find love or something but zzz, too obvious.) Jaime I dunno what he's gonna do besides kill Cersei - he's genuinely interesting. I wish they had showed him turn away from her gradually, like in the books, but oh well - the dorne plot killed that possibility.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Show is bad but still can be fun to watch

Also, is the only closure we will ever have for this terrible series so

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

nine-gear crow posted:

If the last decade of TV shows and movies have shown anything, it's that the only person who can manage to screw up Star Wars is George Lucas himself.

The prequels are good. :colbert:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

mind the walrus posted:

You. You managed to keep your WILD CARDS tag and I didn't. loving LoosChanj.

At least you had one!! I want a Wild Cards tag so bad and I can't even explain why

That absolute fucker!!!!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Marijuana posted:

The prequels are good. :colbert:

NO

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

esperterra posted:

At least you had one!! I want a Wild Cards tag so bad and I can't even explain why

That absolute fucker!!!!
I lost mine in the most asinine way imaginable. Some weirdo bought me an avatar of pure black text advertising some defunct website that (I think) was MRA-related. I petitioned Chanj for a new one back then, but never got a response. Goodbye tag :smith:

You should have had one too though.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

mind the walrus posted:

I lost mine in the most asinine way imaginable. Some weirdo bought me an avatar of pure black text advertising some defunct website that (I think) was MRA-related. I petitioned Chanj for a new one back then, but never got a response. Goodbye tag :smith:

You should have had one too though.

RIP your tag.

tbf I was in more constant lurking mode when the tags rolled out and not posting as much, so not having one makes sense. But I long to rep how much I hate(love) the absolute fucker.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Jaime is like, the only character on the show I still really like. (Tyrion is too...obvious at this point. I'm sure he'll find love or something but zzz, too obvious.) Jaime I dunno what he's gonna do besides kill Cersei - he's genuinely interesting. I wish they had showed him turn away from her gradually, like in the books, but oh well - the dorne plot killed that possibility.

Jaime is the only character left with some nuance that hasn’t become some sad trope. I can’t really think of anyone with split allegiances or any kind of inner conflict. Even Jon said gently caress the NW.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jaime is pretty great on the show. I even appreciate their trying to go a different way with how he would finally break away from Cersei and giving that dynamic a little more screen time, but then the reason he finally leaves seemed really weird when you contrast it against all the other heinous poo poo she's done on the show and he stayed by her side.

Coster-Waldau is amazing tho and makes show Jaime v much worth it. He and Headey are probably the best actors left tbh.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I’m afraid to update my AV and accidentally lose my tag.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

esperterra posted:

RIP your tag.

tbf I was in more constant lurking mode when the tags rolled out and not posting as much, so not having one makes sense. But I long to rep how much I hate(love) the absolute fucker.
Nah, I remember your Kid avatar and solid posts. If I managed to get you one deserved one.

TK-42-1 posted:

Jaime is the only character left with some nuance that hasn’t become some sad trope. I can’t really think of anyone with split allegiances or any kind of inner conflict. Even Jon said gently caress the NW.
Wow I'm only going off of secondhand reports on the last season, but that is almost as disappointing as the last two books.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

esperterra posted:

Jaime is pretty great on the show. I even appreciate their trying to go a different way with how he would finally break away from Cersei and giving that dynamic a little more screen time, but then the reason he finally leaves seemed really weird when you contrast it against all the other heinous poo poo she's done on the show and he stayed by her side.

Coster-Waldau is amazing tho and makes show Jaime v much worth it. He and Headey are probably the best actors left tbh.

Eh. It's not THAT weird a reason. He watched Cersei stare an existential threat to the human race in the face, make a promise to help everyone else defeat it and then turn around and go "yeah no, Imma roll the dice on this one and hope I come out on top."

The woman decided to gamble the fate of human civilization against her own personal ambitions thinking she somehow had the better hand to play. Like that is miles above all the other awful poo poo she's ever pulled and basically would have been the final breaking point for him as a character if he stood by her.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I wish it had more buildup than that though, instead of him just being totally down for whatever sick poo poo she dreamed up. His facial expression was pretty dark after she blew up the sept but next season he was just back to "down for whatever".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

nine-gear crow posted:

Eh. It's not THAT weird a reason. He watched Cersei stare an existential threat to the human race in the face, make a promise to help everyone else defeat it and then turn around and go "yeah no, Imma roll the dice on this one and hope I come out on top."

The woman decided to gamble the fate of human civilization against her own personal ambitions thinking she somehow had the better hand to play. Like that is miles above all the other awful poo poo she's ever pulled and basically would have been the final breaking point for him as a character if he stood by her.

It's less I think it's a weird reason and more I'm sure they'll have him hate her for it, rather than him just being a better person and wanting to go join the fight rather than die sitting around on his hands. It feels weird mostly just because they seemed to build up his realizing she was crazy/getting ready to peace out in finale of the season before, but then kept them mostly business-as-usual for all of season 7 rather than properly building on his growing resentment/realization she can't be saved. So it kind of came out of nowhere after him standing by her side the whole time.

Jaime had some dope-rear end moments last season tho so I can forgive them bungling the divide between he and Cersei. It's just a shame they altered the relationship so much and then (imo) didn't really follow through on his disillusionment for most of the year. There were some snippets here and there, but it didn't feel substantial to me.

But that's GoT in a nutshell rly. All flash no substance for years now.

e: it's especially disappointing in contrast to the book where we get chapters of Jaime tearing himself apart over Cersei loving someone else

esperterra fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 7, 2018