Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Can't remember if Fulchrum posts like this for shits and giggles or is just being really bizarrely creepy, but I'm making GBS threads and giggling one way or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I do genuinely wonder if any outside source is the main cause for Garrison to descend deeper and deeper into conspiracy-land. Like, a lot of conservative cartoonists are Trump-boot-licking sycophants, but at the end of the day, they still pump out the "Republican person bad? No, actually, Republican person good! DEMOCRAT bad!" cartoons they always have.

Garrison has definitely lost more and more grip on what constitutes an actual fact as time has went on. Do you think that it's just all self-motivated, and is just trying desperately to explain away Daddy Trump being an incompetent buffoon rather than a Powerful Leader? Or is he one of those people that just inherently believes everything InfoWars/Trunews/Prison Planet says, while trying to come up with a caricature for "bankers" that won't get him yelled at?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Garrison has always been a conspiracy crazy. Prior to 2016 he hated democrats and republicans equally. For some reason he dropped all that and went solid republican, probably because he hated Hillary enough to throw in with anyone on the other side. He mainly idolizes Trump but he was trying to make almost every republican look good in the 2016 primary (and utterly failed: see "Kind-Eyes Cruz").

He still occasionally lashes out at some Republicans though; he loving hates McCain.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
You could appoint trump to every position in government and garrison would still be a tin foiler. Just how conspiracy brains work.

Despera fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 7, 2018

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Wait, is this a McCoy actually making a not terrible point with a comic??

I mean, almost certainly by accident, but I think it might still be a first.
It’s still bad because Glenn was attributing the DOW gains to Trump unequivocally. Now stocks are failing and he’s doing milquetoast “oh the economy is complicated you can’t say who’s responsible.”

It’s a step above “the deep state did it!” but still shows Glenn possesses no thought beyond mere tribalism, and he will leap to any conclusion that saves face for his side.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AnoHito posted:

The thing to keep in mind here is that he's doing this in response to an event that makes a Republican look bad

He'll still gladly be Panel A Elephant all day the next time a good thing happens under a Republican president

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

Garrison has always been a conspiracy crazy. Prior to 2016 he hated democrats and republicans equally. For some reason he dropped all that and went solid republican, probably because he hated Hillary enough to throw in with anyone on the other side. He mainly idolizes Trump but he was trying to make almost every republican look good in the 2016 primary (and utterly failed: see "Kind-Eyes Cruz").

Nah, as I recall he despised Jeb, Christie, Rubio and any other candidate who didn't scream racist obscenities loudly enough. I think Garrison has adored the tea parties barely hidden white supremacy long before 2016, and he spent all of 2012 screeching about Ron Paul.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What a strange looking car.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I want to unleash Fulchrum inside Garrison's house and lock the door.

Grease him up first so he's harder to catch.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AnoHito posted:

No, because he honestly sees it as being democrat hypocrisy full stop. The Republican is just pointing out facts.

I'm LOVING the sudden influx of tears and concern over poo poo Liberals have been complaining about for literally decades.

"Jesus this FISA stuff is scary, this recent Republican additions are particularly harmful to civil rights- "
"SHUT THE gently caress UP LOONY LEFTY!!"

*DOODILY DOODILY DOODILY*
"loving LOONY LEFTY'S USING THESE OVERREACHING LOONY LEFTY LAWS!!"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Trogdos! posted:

Cassandra Fairbanks
read more at gateway pundit

hahahahaahaaahhaha

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Can't wait for Garrison's comic about Trump's military parade.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Fulchrum posted:

No, generally it refers to pictures of underage children. Men masturbate to pictures of loving children, then freak out if they accidentally did it to a boy, since prepubescent children don't have as many obvious differentiators.

Apparently, this was the children's fault.

How the hell do you manage to almost always be so wrong and dumb? It's like some kind of hosed up superpower.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Fulchrum posted:

No, generally it refers to pictures of underage children. Men masturbate to pictures of loving children, then freak out if they accidentally did it to a boy, since prepubescent children don't have as many obvious differentiators.

Apparently, this was the children's fault.

This is literally not what "traps" means

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Crazycryodude posted:

How the hell do you manage to almost always be so wrong and dumb? It's like some kind of hosed up superpower.

Now I'm just thinking and laughing about this hypothetical pedophile that's also a huge homophobe and extremely distraught over what he just masturbated to.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Zemyla posted:

Pretty much all of this stuff is taken verbatim from some guy named QAnon posting word salad on the *chan boards:

Read the first letter of each line, and what do you get? That's right. BARF. WDYQ. QED.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Republicans posted:

Now I'm just thinking and laughing about this hypothetical pedophile that's also a huge homophobe and extremely distraught over what he just masturbated to.

Yeah, how on earth could a pedophile also be a homophobe?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

duz posted:

Boy, this thing I made up should would be terrible if it had happened.

Henry Payne is the dumbest person that isn't Rob Smith, Jr.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neodoomium posted:

Henry Payne is the dumbest person that isn't Rob Smith, Jr.

gently caress, did Ramirez, Tinsley, Bok and Garrison all get shot?

Why is it I always learn about deaths from the Politoons thread?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Can someone explain zelda to me, I dont think i understand?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

jon joe posted:

It's about an adventure of self-discovery as a young man runs around collecting McGuffins to save a princess named Zelda. There are variations on the theme, but that's the basic thrust of it.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Dirk the Average posted:

It's about an adventure of self-discovery as a young man runs around collecting McGuffins to save a princess named Zelda. There are variations on the theme, but that's the basic thrust of it.

I knew this was going to happen when I asked.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

jon joe posted:

I knew this was going to happen when I asked.

I knew that was going to be the response when I responded.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

jon joe posted:

It's about an irresponsible, all around terrible person and their irresponsible, all around terrible friends; it's millennial Seinfeld.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Glazier posted:

It's about an irresponsible, all around terrible person and their irresponsible, all around terrible friends; it's millennial Seinfeld.

Where's it from? Why is it in this thread? Why does it look like someone send the image through a blur filter and then edited the speech bubbles?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

It's from Scandinavia (Norway, I think?), it's in this thread because people enjoy it and it often has at least tangentially political messages, and it looks like someone edited the speech bubbles because someone did exactly that - they're not originally in English and the goon who posts it is translating them just for us.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

Where's it from? Why is it in this thread? Why does it look like someone send the image through a blur filter and then edited the speech bubbles?

It's in some moon language so it's translated by a goon. It's in this thread as respite from the torrent of poo poo which is constantly posted. It's from some moon place where the sun only shines four weeks of the year and hobbies include diving in cold water, throwing rocks at Africans, and suicide.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

jon joe posted:

Sweden, palate cleansing, it's being translated from Swedish.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Crazycryodude posted:

It's from Scandinavia (Norway, I think?), it's in this thread because people enjoy it and it often has at least tangentially political messages, and it looks like someone edited the speech bubbles because someone did exactly that - they're not originally in English and the goon who posts it is translating them just for us.

Ah okay, that makes sense.

What does it say that I thought the image and text style was an intentional choice by the author?

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

It's basicallly "we don't know what happened to the goon who was translating the Jamaica Clovis politoons so here's a better than Prickly City and Drunk Duck newspaper comic".

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Glazier posted:

seinfield was funny though

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

If it turned out that Bush had wiretapped Plouffe for being a suspected foreign agent I'm pretty sure that would have been big deal, because that meant there was enough credible evidence to convince a judge that Obama was being influenced by spies. In fact, I'm pretty sure that would have significantly tarnished Obama's legacy.

Funny how that never seemed to come up, though. I wonder what's different about Obama's campaign team and Trump's campaign team.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Despera posted:

It really wasn’t. Neither are you. Or me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

It's basicallly "we don't know what happened to the goon who was translating the Jamaica Clovis politoons so here's a better than Prickly City and Drunk Duck newspaper comic".

Ironically I think the context it first came up in was a response to everyone reacting to Mallard Fillmore with "this runs in the FUNNIES next to MARMADUKE where CHILDREN can see"

Like "lol in Sweden the newspaper comics have titties and curses"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How the hell do people like Gorrell even make money off political cartoons? Like, who is buying their poo poo? Even among the narrow-field of Trump supporting cartoonists, there are better artists than Gorrell.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Despera posted:

The hell it was.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Avenging_Mikon posted:

It really wasn’t. Neither are you. Or me.

nothing with a laugh track is funny

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

loquacius posted:

Like "lol in Sweden the newspaper comics have titties and curses"

Speaking of, today's Zelda have titties and cunnilingus, so I'm linking it: https://imgur.com/BVelvF4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I both love and hate Zelda. I don't understand.