Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Protocol7 posted:

Also re: Gorn, it is a fun and good game but needs something more to keep me hooked. I got pretty bored of chopping up drunk gladiators pretty quick.
Have you tried party mode yet? I think it supports up to four additional players able to take control of enemies via the monitor and regular controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
It's velcro with a plastic tab for alignment. But if it's freshly sweated on or warm or a day of the week that ends in Y, the adhesive sticking the velcro strip to the HMD might pull off instead.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Humble have a few VR titles on sale in their store right now if you were waiting on a price drop

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/vr-sale/

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Edison was a dick posted:

Anyone know anything about VR exercise bikes?
I saw VirZOOM Arcade listed and am curious whether there's any real life in the idea.

They're making a dongle you attach to the pedal of any exercise bike so maybe it'll become slightly less niche in the near future. It looks like a very fun locomotion solution for certain kinds of games but as others have just discussed VR headsets aren't the most breathable thing you can strap to your face during a workout. A lycra balaclava works pretty well for keeping sweat off a headset, though.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Lately my Vive won't work unless I restart my computer. I heard it was a bug with NVidia drivers but it's been going on for weeks with no real fix. Has anyone else run into this problem and solved it? It's so loving annoying.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

On Terra Firma posted:

Lately my Vive won't work unless I restart my computer. I heard it was a bug with NVidia drivers but it's been going on for weeks with no real fix. Has anyone else run into this problem and solved it? It's so loving annoying.

Was happening with my rift, new drivers fixed it.

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

Just a caveat that the current gen of HMDs are not built to be especially breathable, and your face will become hot and sweaty. And if you've got the standard foam facial interface on the Rift, it'll soak that poo poo right up and become all oily and nasty. Which is why I bought one of these. Doesn't help with the lack of ventilation, but you can just clean it with an alcohol wipe when you're done.

Glad they finally ditched the bigger kit. Was a huge waste of money.

The one you picked up, I recommend to everyone. Its a great little deal. I just wear a Bandana or whatever when I play super sweaty games. Would recommend a few cheap 3 packs of em from walmart or whatever superstores you have. Cheap and work great.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 6, 2018

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
Quote = Edit

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
In google earth is it possible to move around (even just backwards and forwards) while in street view?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

From the little I tried it, you can point and click somewhere and it moves you there. It works like normal street view.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

OctaviusBeaver posted:

In google earth is it possible to move around (even just backwards and forwards) while in street view?

Yes. I dunno what wizardry is involved, but yes.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Yes. You just have to make sure you enter street view by pressing the street view orb with your other controller - as opposed to just holding it up to your face.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Anything I need to know before playing the VR version of Fallout 4? I've played the normal game so I'm aware of the base game's strengths and weaknesses.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Gort posted:

Anything I need to know before playing the VR version of Fallout 4? I've played the normal game so I'm aware of the base game's strengths and weaknesses.

Don't look into the sky at night.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Edison was a dick posted:

Don't look into the sky at night.

I never fixed that bug since I kind of liked the void staring back at me, but now it only shows stars in one of my eyes which makes it even wilder.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

More seriously, unless you want to go VATS all the way it might be worth investigating mods so you can have more visible Reflex sights, and if you play a lot of shooting games possibly some accessories so you can steady your aim with a second hand or your shoulder.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Hellsau posted:

I never fixed that bug since I kind of liked the void staring back at me, but now it only shows stars in one of my eyes which makes it even wilder.

The latest patch STILL didn't fix this???

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

iceaim posted:

The latest patch STILL didn't fix this???

I have no idea, I'm not going to update when I have everything working. Previous Bethesda games have proven that to be potentially catastrophic.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

Probably a good idea to hold off for a bit.
The update broke my mods so reflex sights are hard to see again.
This hasn't been enough of a problem to stop me playing since I've got a ProTube now.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

GlyphGryph posted:

Have you tried party mode yet? I think it supports up to four additional players able to take control of enemies via the monitor and regular controllers.

That would be cool if I had friends. :smith:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I just tried Project Cars 2 last night in VR...holy moly! I have a GTX 1060 right now but I'm super tempted to upgrade if/when gpu prices ever become reasonable again. Even with everything set on low that poo poo is mind blowing.

Also, Serious Sam VR bundle is 70% off on steam right now if you like to shoot mans.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Protocol7 posted:

That would be cool if I had friends. :smith:

I will be your friend

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Whoo, I wish I'd realised that Fallout 4 VR doesn't support the Oculus Rift and I'd have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the controls to mostly work... before I bought it.

Ah well, it's still pretty rad even with the rickety setup I've ended up with.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Gort posted:

Whoo, I wish I'd realised that Fallout 4 VR doesn't support the Oculus Rift and I'd have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the controls to mostly work... before I bought it.

Ah well, it's still pretty rad even with the rickety setup I've ended up with.

Refund policy. Its there for a reason.

My "live review" on rift has been enough for me to never touch it again. gently caress that game.
Which totally sucks, Because it was fun being in the world. Shame the games such a shitfest :(

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Eh, already past the two hour limit.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

Gort posted:

Eh, already past the two hour limit.

If I recall you can still get a refund past 2 hours. They just set that limit as the (nearly) automatically accepted threshold. I think the CSRs are well aware that FO4VR is challenge for everyone and esp. Rift users. You can burn 2 hours just jumping in and out tweaking settings to try to get it to run not even bothering with Mods.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Is there a serious sam game that's best for VR or are they all pretty much the same?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Is there a serious sam game that's best for VR or are they all pretty much the same?

Last Hope is NOT a serious sam game IMO, Its a wave shooter.

First, Second and 3 are good. The CroTeam VR bundle is the way to go though. You get talos too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
People should just not buy Fallout 4 VR probably. Don't reward Bethesda for making a fake VR game.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Cojawfee posted:

People should just not buy Fallout 4 VR probably. Don't reward Bethesda for making a fake VR game.

This.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Cojawfee posted:

People should just not buy ... Bethesda ... game.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:agreed:

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

EbolaIvory posted:

Last Hope is NOT a serious sam game IMO, Its a wave shooter.

First, Second and 3 are good. The CroTeam VR bundle is the way to go though. You get talos too.
It's a pretty good wave shooter with lots of content and coop, at least. Much more interesting than, say, SUPERHOT, but entirely unlike the rest of the Serious Sam games.

Talos is amazing.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Ralith posted:

It's a pretty good wave shooter with lots of content and coop, at least. Much more interesting than, say, SUPERHOT, but entirely unlike the rest of the Serious Sam games.

Talos is amazing.

Totally, I'm just over wave shooters and wanted to warn him (OMG GENDER ASSUMPTION) that its not a serious sam game really.

And talos is pretty cool. I'm still bitter on how they launched it, but whatever in a bundle it was cheap.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Wave shooters are generally not that great but Serious Sam, Space Pirate Trainer and Superhot are amazing despite this.

In sad news, the creator of Left Hand Path died of a sudden heart attack at 40. Really terrible news, he was a great person it seemed from his presence on the internet.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Ugh so not only do I need to restart my computer every time I want to play (steam vr goes unresponsive and I get a red headset light if I don't) now the sound suddenly won't play through the audio headstrap. I haven't changed a God drat thing and suddenly it hardly works. Has anyone else dealt with either of these problems before?

I reinstalled my Nvidia drivers to the latest version. Opted into the steam vr beta. Opted out again. Verified cache etc. No clue what else I can do.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Nvidia drivers are currently having that problem with both Vive and Rift (dunno if on WMR). There's an older driver that is supposed to be fine.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

FuzzySlippers posted:

Nvidia drivers are currently having that problem with both Vive and Rift (dunno if on WMR). There's an older driver that is supposed to be fine.

Which driver? Can you link to it? I'm about to flatten and reinstalling my operating system.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

iceaim posted:

Which driver? Can you link to it? I'm about to flatten and reinstalling my operating system.

Been that way for me last 3 sets.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

iceaim posted:

Same. Almost nothing works properly anymore. After a restart and some Gorn on mute I exited an arena and the sound came on. I tried to leave and then SteamVR froze up again and I just gave up. Unless there's a fix for this then I'm just going to put the vive away for a few months. Not worth the frustration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

iceaim posted:

388.71 is the last good driver that doesn't require you to reboot when it starts acting funky.
https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/128421