Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

_SPO_TS __ADY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Elman posted:

_SPO_TS __ADY

What the hell's an esports lady?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

highme posted:

I'm not entirely sure what the cause is (and yes I have a SSD), but the lag time getting into a match for me since 1.0 has been so bad that I don't get past the loading screen until I've been ejected from the plane and halfway to the ground. It gets better after the first couple of matches, but when you can only play 1 or 2 at a time it's irritating. I probably need more RAM.

How much RAM do you have?

From experience: 6gb is not enough, 12gb is enough (I have a weird tri-channel system so 3 modules). I suspect 8gb is also not enough or just on the cusp.

Make sure you at the very least shut down every other program when running PUBG.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

in Cars Only news we finished season 1 right on top: 1st/2nd/3rd/6th/7th in the world for road kills per game and 1st/2nd/6th for total road kills.

here's a new vid of us doing cars

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

uniball posted:

in Cars Only news we finished season 1 right on top: 1st/2nd/3rd/6th/7th in the world for road kills per game and 1st/2nd/6th for total road kills.

This is the best gimimck since bananaman. Never stop.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

uniball posted:

This is still the best thing, and the rage this probably causes feeds my soul.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Geez I know I suck at this game but that many kills per game with just car, this is my loving kill per game when I'm actually trying to kill people with a gun. You guys are crazy.

Also any tips to get better at the clicking guys until they die part of the game? I'm at 250hours in this lovely game and can barely muster a 1KD.

Le0 fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 6, 2018

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Le0 posted:

Geez I know I suck at this game but that many kills per game with just car, this is my loving kill per game when I'm actually trying to kill people with a gun. You guys are crazy.

Also any tips to get better at the clicking guys until they die part of the game? I'm at 250hours in this lovely game and can barely muster a 1KD.

Single fire faster than you're currently doing. It's the number one thing I see every bad player do wrong.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah guns single fire way faster than you think they would. still not used to it.

Danyull posted:

Dude had 370,000 viewers at one point earlier today and his sub/donation notifications were literally never-ending. I think that's the most viewers I've ever seen on a non-tournament channel.

the league player tyler (most toxic in history who got banned as a person from league of legends) got over 400k when his ban was lifted i think last month it was insane. probably got more in an hour of donations than i make in a decade.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uniball posted:

Don't ever change.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

uniball posted:

excellent music choice too chefkiss.gif

do you guys get any chicken dinners with cars only?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

How much RAM do you have?

From experience: 6gb is not enough, 12gb is enough (I have a weird tri-channel system so 3 modules). I suspect 8gb is also not enough or just on the cusp.

Make sure you at the very least shut down every other program when running PUBG.

I think 8gb might be cutting it close but might also highly depend on the rest of your system and what you have running in the background (I generally close my browser if its hugging more than 1 gig). I personally have 8gb and can load in, in about 5 sec every time.
My relevant system specs are:
6600K stock speed atm.
8gb DDR4 @ 2666MHz (dunno if the game really likes DDR4 and that might be why my 8 seems to be better than others?)
EVO 850

So nothing cutting edge.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

uniball posted:

My friends and I have been doing this for a few weeks, but we don't pick up any loot at all. Came in 3rd the other day.

You guys are way better at it, but we're going to catch you soon!

:black101:

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

My friends and I have been doing this for a few weeks, but we don't pick up any loot at all. Came in 3rd the other day.

You guys are way better at it, but we're going to catch you soon!

:black101:

I wanna see the video of your teams facing off on a field.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i tried to get a car kill once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK3yqYRa-fU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I was hoping the car was going to land on the dude at the bottom of the screen.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Keep up the good work we're all very proud of you

:discourse: The editing/music is on point

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

the league player tyler (most toxic in history who got banned as a person from league of legends) got over 400k when his ban was lifted i think last month it was insane. probably got more in an hour of donations than i make in a decade.

Don’t 99% of those big ($100+) donations get charged back anyway? I can’t imagine someone actually gave Doc $8k.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Schiavona posted:

Don’t 99% of those big ($100+) donations get charged back anyway? I can’t imagine someone actually gave Doc $8k.

either way, my difficulties in finding a job are making me wish I was good at video games and remotely charismatic. Streaming myself being very spergy with Cities: Skylines while listening to Jim Steinman songs would be an ideal job.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Schiavona posted:

some of the big donations are real but just think of how those <$5 add up. and that's on top of all the subs.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Schiavona posted:

Legit donations of that size are rare but they do happen, a few years ago a Saudi billionaire called motar2k was regularly throwing $1000-$15,000 donations at CS:GO streamers like it was nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-TAFrMUyE

None of those got charged back :homebrew:

repiv fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 6, 2018

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

people like dr. disrespect? or is it mostly kids tuning into his stream?

cheating aside, i don't even like the show he puts on. if i'm going to spend my time watching some internet personality, they have to at least pass the beer test with me, and he (his character?) is not someone i'd even want to hang out with really

i just don't get it, maybe i'm #old

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Yeah Dr Disrespect sucks and it's very telling to me that I don't like him but my 17 year old brother does. *shakes fist at cloud*

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

repiv posted:

Legit donations of that size are rare but they do happen, a few years ago a Saudi billionaire called motar2k was regularly throwing $1000-$15,000 donations at CS:GO streamers like it was nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-TAFrMUyE

None of those got charged back :homebrew:

I was wondering who that was, shroud got $30000 from him. Insanity.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I sent about 15 minutes running around searching building finding 8x scopes, foregrips, cheek pads, lvl 3 armour/backpacks/helmets, tactical stocks, red dots, ext quickdraw mags, compensators and not a single weapon beyond a loving p92 and i was so embarrassed when i finally got m24'd in the head and someone went to loot me :(

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
You are telling me you didn't find a gun other than a pistol before the first crate dropped, and that person found you and killed you with the crate gun?

I've had bad luck with guns, but I certainly have always found something before the first crate drops and someone is able to get it and kill me with it.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Like this:
[gif removed cuz huge]

I wouldn't even be mad, that's hilarious.

also:

Elentor posted:

Don't ever change.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like to just loving around with cars and trying to run over people. The weirdest is when I was just hightailing it through a field and ran over someone prone in a bush without even realizing it tunil the "1 KILL" popped on my screen.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

khysanth posted:

cheating aside, i don't even like the show he puts on. if i'm going to spend my time watching some internet personality, they have to at least pass the beer test with me, and he (his character?) is not someone i'd even want to hang out with really

Yeah he wouldn't want to hang out with you either.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Soarer posted:

Or you can dump him, take half his poo poo and collect that sweet sweet alimony from the rear end in a top hat.

if she took his wig and glasses and half his moustache and sub $$$ the world would be a complete and magical place

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

fletcher posted:

Lmao you don't actually believe he faked it do you?

I have no evidence but I wouldn't be surprised.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

if she took his wig and glasses and half his moustache and sub $$$ the world would be a complete and magical place

That'd have been one hell of a gimmick - keep streaming, but only with the left half of the costume on.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

khysanth posted:

Doc attitude appeals to kids, thats it. Same as the paul brothers

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

I was looking through some of the gameplay footage and spectating other nearby players when I found this player. As near as I can figure someone placed a bot there just to give them a line of sight on everything moving above ground. They probably had this view playing on another monitor so they could see hidden players.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

underage at the vape shop posted:

Doc attitude appeals to kids, thats it. Same as the paul brothers

I like his highlights better than his stream, but he has a consistent gimmick, plays decent, talks poo poo, the production quality and effects are usually fun, and his motivational speeches and doc casting are pretty hilarious. To each his own though. If anything, it speaks to the twitch community's desperate thirst for content and branding.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yeah i dont mind watching his highlights either but theres a lot of "no its the children who are wrong" itt

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Neutrino posted:

I was looking through some of the gameplay footage and spectating other nearby players when I found this player. As near as I can figure someone placed a bot there just to give them a line of sight on everything moving above ground. They probably had this view playing on another monitor so they could see hidden players.

Or they fell through the world and disconnected.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Neutrino posted:

You can actually wallhack legally if you have a dead teammate and another teammate that's hanging really far away from the rest of the team. The dead player switches back and forth between the lone player and the others, and every time they do the game has to reload a ton of assets.

Since this game is terrible it'll display enemy players before buildings have loaded in.

Elman fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Feb 7, 2018

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Neutrino posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
gently caress we got second place in another cars only round. Didn't even realize it. So close!