Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.

quote:

When Barnaby made his comments it was in an effort to deny human rights to others, so I'm pretty loving okay to have his hypocrisy spread over every front page in the land.

Well yeah but it would be even better if he had been imprisoned for it I guess IMO but like you I find it hard to muster much outrage over this particular situation, and would enjoy it escalating far further - maybe time to start talking to everyone employed by BJ-in-the-bush over the past couple of decades and look for any other evidence of affairs, harassment etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I know this is a longshot but does the Trivago lady post in here? I need to contact her.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I know this is a longshot but does the Trivago lady post in here? I need to contact her.

That... She'd... Huh?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I'm sorry she's taken.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

What Trivago lady? What do you need to contact her about? There's an outside chance I can help.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Much as I think Molan's a disgusting racist poo poo stain, he was in no way responsible for putting Australian troops into harms way in Afghanistan and Iraq or for Operation Sovereign Borders that was work by other war criminals.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Cartoon posted:

Much as I think Molan's a disgusting racist poo poo stain, he was in no way responsible for putting Australian troops into harms way in Afghanistan and Iraq or for Operation Sovereign Borders that was work by other war criminals.

He is however Erin Molan's father. And thus it seems in the Rugby League community at large, responsible for a war crime.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Cartoon posted:

So then just following orders defence, I'm sure that'll hold up in the Hague.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Blamestorm posted:

Well yeah but it would be even better if he had been imprisoned for it I guess IMO but like you I find it hard to muster much outrage over this particular situation, and would enjoy it escalating far further - maybe time to start talking to everyone employed by BJ-in-the-bush over the past couple of decades and look for any other evidence of affairs, harassment etc?

Thanks for this spicy hot take :thumbsup:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Cartoon posted:

Lol if you think my complaint about Iraq was increasing the chance of upf members getting blown up by ieds, also he consistently and publicly argued for more boots on the ground and I can’t find any example of him refuting at any point any of the multiple times he has been introduced on panels as an architect of OSB

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/joshtaylor/someone-in-the-victorian-government-keeps-editing-penny

quote:

The Victorian Department of Premier and Cabinet has launched an investigation into who in the department is editing the Wikipedia page of Labor's leader in the Senate, Penny Wong.
Wong has two daughters with her partner Sophie Allouache. Under South Australian law, two women have been able to register as the coparents of children since June 2011.
The change made to Penny Wong's Wikipedia page several times over the past three months removes mention of Wong's partner giving birth to "their children", meaning Wong's and Allouache's children, and replaces it with "her children" for just Allouache. Some of the edits also mention that Wong "has no children".
The changes were captured by a Twitter account devoted to tracking anonymous Wikipedia edits from Australian government IP addresses.
The changes were either quickly caught and changed back by registered Wikipedia editors or IP addresses within Australian Parliament House.
The edits to remove Wong's parenthood from her Wikipedia page claim that they are "correcting inaccuracies", despite Wong being legally recognised as the parent of her two children.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Imagine existing in that Venn diagram of bigotry and pedantry

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Imagine existing in that Venn diagram of bigotry and pedantry

"This is it! This is where I will win the culture wars!

...on Wikipedia!"

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I used to edit andrew okeefes page and the parkway drive page to say they played warhammer 40k.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Imagine that barnaby joyce convinced not just one woman but two to let him ejaculate inside them

Barnaby joyce is a sexual being

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

move over joe hockey's big jockey

say hello to

Barnaby Joyce's Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo face

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I wonder how red his face gets

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Scylo posted:

I wonder how red his face gets

Probably less red since the blood goes elsewhere.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.

tithin posted:

Imagine that barnaby joyce convinced not just one woman but two to let him ejaculate inside them

Barnaby joyce is a sexual being

I wonder if he’s ever given tips to George Christenson? He seems like a logical sexual mentor and wingman. Maybe he could lend Christenson some of his staffers like he did to Canavan?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
All this time we thought he was having a stroke.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ewe2 posted:

Not to pick on you but could you give some examples of this because I couldn't find any. I mean, she bothers to watch him on Q&A and I think that's insanity, but she doesn't do more than report his words, and I would expect a Turnbull shill to take a more approving stance than that. She can hardly avoid talking about him when his leadership was a constant issue. And I agree it isn't helped by playing horse-race journalism with the Opposition at this stage after giving Abbott his head for so long.

you're probably quite right, i think i'm misremembering pieces she wrote quite some time ago. i have a recollection that soon after the '16 election she was one of the ones who were certain that turnbull would lead the lnp and the country on the sort of sensible, compromise policies that would save us, but it's probably tainted by my general disdain for journalism in australia.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Fuckin lol trump wants a North Korea style military parade down the middle of DC tanks and all

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I just told my wife to imagine Joyce going down on her with his beet-red face and gin-blossom nose and now she won't have sex with me ever again. Thanks, thread.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
But I imagine he goes CAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR-mfphmfphfmmmmm

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Solemn Sloth posted:

Fuckin lol trump wants a North Korea style military parade down the middle of DC tanks and all

He wanted one for the inauguration ceremony too iirc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

bandaid.friend posted:

He wanted one for the inauguration ceremony too iirc

The US military has been pretty reliable at ignoring his batshit domestic stuff, and just concentrating on keeping their blank cheque for firing missiles at Pakistani weddings

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
No poo poo Maddog Mattis is a goddamn saint, despite previous transgressions in Iraq.

Without that guy in the WH we'd probably be at Mad Max 2 by now.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Batman byelection March 17th.

St. Patricks Day.

Batman voters, paint the town green.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The military's extremely integrated into college and professional football, which probably works a lot better than a classical march

Also if the department of defence can have a say in the script and cut of your movie they'll loan you free military hardware and consultants and such

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Peccadillo posted:

The military's extremely integrated into college and professional football, which probably works a lot better than a classical march

Also if the department of defence can have a say in the script and cut of your movie they'll loan you free military hardware and consultants and such

Aka how Michael Bay gets all the US military stuff in his movies.

Though now I think it's all China stuff. Same difference.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
It's most things with a hummer and a uniform in it since like the fifities

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

drunkill posted:

St. Patricks Day.

Batman voters, paint the town green.

My family's Irish and I live in Batman.
Voting Green in the morning and then a few beers

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Batman byelection March 17th.

Same date as SA election. Any ramifications of this?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Just avoiding Easter and vacationers the weeks before and after while meeting the required min/max timesframes for stuff I'd guess

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

AgentF posted:

We are waiting to see what it does for Rudd’s leadership prospects

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

AgentF posted:

ABC wheels out the rarely-seen Anthony Green so they can cover both.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

BBJoey posted:

you're probably quite right, i think i'm misremembering pieces she wrote quite some time ago. i have a recollection that soon after the '16 election she was one of the ones who were certain that turnbull would lead the lnp and the country on the sort of sensible, compromise policies that would save us, but it's probably tainted by my general disdain for journalism in australia.

I think she was genuinely hoping for a change from Abbott but like everyone else she's been very much mistaken. And that probably accounts for her bleating on and on about how the media landscape has changed because she really can't cope with being utterly wrong like most of the CPG she so clearly thinks she's better than. I take seriously her claim of very nearly quitting a year ago as a measure of her recognition that the people in Parliament House are of far lesser stature and how difficult that would make her job as political editor above everything else that goes with the CPG.

If they get the podcast going again this year, it's worth a listen, not just because she gets interesting opinions from the usual suspects on it, but how you can hear that she's not as cool and collected as she seems from the printed page, and you also get to hear from Gabrielle Chan.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

AgentF posted:

Chances are the SA Greens can't call on the Vic Greens very well, which I know they wanted to.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Cum in me Barnaby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Starshark posted:

I just told my wife to imagine Joyce going down on her with his beet-red face and gin-blossom nose and now she won't have sex with me ever again. Thanks, thread.

Goddamn it dude, I literally just finished eating my dinner

• Locked thread