Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I found some old writing content of mine that was actually good enough to re-post on my blog. Stories about inspirational teachers, my first few outings on a motorcycle, and even some not-quite-terrible fiction. There may be a lot of other things on my plate, but I feel good about scheduling more content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm in a small local daily photo challenge group and I won the popular vote of the week.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

We Know Catheters posted:

I ate some sour gummy worms

Sour candy is the best. Just don't buy it at Starbucks this season, it's six bucks for a tiny box. But they're peach and tasty. But six dollars.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I know most of my posts in this thread are about writing, and this one is no different, but today I'm having a very good mental health day. I feel confident about my writing, I'm feeling good about how much content I've created, and I look forward to what else might come next. It's rare that I've had a day like this, so I'm especially glad to remark on it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I found out I'm getting training in online chat that other consultants are gunning for at my call centre job and a pay increase to go along with it. I'm not even past my 6 month probation yet so I think I'll pass that, too.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Last night, but I got to hang out with a real cool guy who I was an acquaintance with but we never really chatted beyond pleasantries before. Had great conversations about life, adventures, future plans, career options etc.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Did a quarterly review and I crushed it so hard I got a raise. :hellyeah:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Forceholy posted:

Did a quarterly review and I crushed it so hard I got a raise. :hellyeah:

:banjo:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I passed my CPR certification! One more step towards never having to wear a nametag again!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I spent the better part of my work week putting together a reading list and the intended recipient likes it a lot and wants to read one of my favorites immediately.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

I found a copy of A People's History of the United States in my apartment. I've been looking for new reading material.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Waking up after a good night's sleep with my girlfriend next to me just set a really positive tone for the start of the day. Last night we went out to dinner and she said that a bunch of people in the restaurant kept looking at us and smiling.

This morning at breakfast we were just holding hands and she said, "we are disgustingly adorable, you know that, right?"

:3:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Had a great time with a tiny jumping spider and an old lens. He was being the perfect little model.

Having artistic output has really helped my mental wellbeing of late.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

And now the spider knows where you live! :tinfoil:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Kind of wanna see that spider.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Look behind you.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Kind of wanna see that spider.

Such a good little guy.

Dick Trauma posted:

And now the spider knows where you live! :tinfoil:

He can follow me home whenever!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Now my day is awesome.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
In Monster Hunter World you can get a cute little pet pig that wanders the main base. I made it look like a Zebra and named them Captain Pigcard.

The pig falls asleep after you set them down, made my day!

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

Almost exactly one year ago I decided to learn how to make electronic music despite having no instrument training. I released a big 30 minute mixtape that I think shows the progression in my thinking and workflow. I personally think I did a decent job which is nice, but it also isn’t getting poo poo on relentlessly on YouTube which is a fun bonus.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I had a really hard talk with a friend that went surprisingly well. I even found some writing inspiration afterward, which has been sorely lacking of late.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
After nearly 7 years I finally was able to submit my application as a professional engineer!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

VanguardFelix posted:

After nearly 7 years I finally was able to submit my application as a professional engineer!

:toot:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Saw my therapist for the fist time in ~6 months today. A short session, but I'm getting back on a regular schedule and am hoping to work through some of my issues in the coming months.

Oh yeah, and more writing – it feels genuinely good to create something.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The day started well; I looked out my bedroom window when I woke up and I saw a dolphin swimming south in the morning sunshine, and so far is continuing well as a bunch of books I bought and having been greatly looking forward to have finally turned up after taking a short unexpected trip to Sweden (specifically Malmö).

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

VanguardFelix posted:

In Monster Hunter World you can get a cute little pet pig that wanders the main base. I made it look like a Zebra and named them Captain Pigcard.

The pig falls asleep after you set them down, made my day!

If you pet him after every quest (press o when the exclamation point appears), he'll start greeting you when you get back and you can wander around looking for items or more costumes.

I finally saw a dentist after over a decade of not doing so. My teeth now feel amazing and I only need one filling. :toot:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

It's silly, but finding a book I want on sale for 4$ including shipping is really nice - I've gotten used to paying a lot more for 'em. And now I know something I'll enjoy is coming in the mail! It makes checking the mailbox a lot more fun. :D

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
yesterday was a slow day at work, and one of my coworkers let it slip that there is a big underground tunnel network under all of the buildings at my university that is mainly used for piping water/heat/AC/fiber to different buildings. I spent that last 4 hours of Friday exploring the a fantastically creepy tunnel system below a university that was founded in 1922. I can honestly say I haven't had that much fun in my entire adult life.

I also got a tour of the rickety rafters in the basketball stadium and the bell tower. I do love my job.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Today I went around town a bit. Right now we're in the middle of Carnevale, which is roughly equivalent to Halloween in English-speaking countries: kids (and sometimes adults) get dressed up in costumes and go out to have fun (no trick-or-treating though).

I ran across a little girl, couldn't have been older than five or six, dressed up in a red dress, tiara, combat boots and toy machinegun. I looked at her, she looked at me. "So what are you dressed at?"

She stuck a pose, beamed and said "I'm an AWESOME princess! :D"

Made my day. Really good parenting at work right there.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My vacation request got approved in a little over an hour, meaning my boyfriend can come visit Canada in a couple months! :v: Usually it takes a week or two, or in the case of one time it took nearly six months of radio silence and got approved two days before I was on a plane. I like this a lot better.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

I've been trying to find a specific year and model typewriter for sale and I finally found the exactly what I wanted and managed to get it for less than half of what I expecting to spend.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

I start my week long vacation today. First Beijing and then Xian!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Simple pleasures: I slept through the whole night with no interruptions.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Things are progressing slowly but surely. Getting a few more freelance design and printing jobs, but most excitingly going to the UK to finally get the work placement to finish my Engineering degree is just a little bit closer, with blue card accepted, and an interview pencilled in.

Today is good, because there is hope I haven't wasted 30 years to become an unemployed sack of poo poo.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I just had my first interview in a long time for a job I think I would be good at and I think it went really well but I'm terrible at interviews so I don't know oh god this is both awesome but now I'm full of anxiety eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I've been clean for 5 loving years.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

funmanguy posted:

Whoa. Congratulations!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

funmanguy posted:

:toot:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008