Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Nunes posted:

Any one calling anything good for the 9th?

CIG to self-own terribly. Somehow.

(Img courtesy of AdzAdama. Hopefully he'll do court drawings.)

e: Ortwin is a lizard. All taxxes paid.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

IcarusUpHigh posted:

I like the bit where Star Citizen compare themselves to the work SpaceX is doing, only that SpaceX didn't need to create a Universe.

I'd say they were being jovial, but I think we all know they're not.

:iceburn:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

IcarusUpHigh posted:

I like the bit where Star Citizen compare themselves to the work SpaceX is doing, only that SpaceX didn't need to create a Universe.

…is this the opportunity that it took even less time (and money) for a smaller team to do that over at FDev, or would that just be pouring salt into the wounds?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
It's mostly just weird seeing the Star Citizen twitter doing something other than asking everyone to reminisce about stuff that won't be coming out.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Dogeh posted:

You are now a goon and can proudly hold your head high and look us all in the eye.

No, I can't. I can either hold my head high OR I can look you all in the eye. Being 2.00 meters (about six foot five for those stupid enough not to accept, no embrance, the metric system) prevents me from doing both at the same time.

mjotto fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 7, 2018

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Thread getting new deets in 2 days?

What if... What if CIG doesn't deliver? What if they settle?

What happens to the thread then?

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

That's accidentally my fault. I did a 24 hour joke thing as a super bowl celebration and the psychopaths who inhabit this subforum really ran with it.
My bad.

A true psychopath would wait until the 24 hours were over. Like I did...

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
I still waiting for the announcement that Peter Molineux has been brought in as a consultant.

He'd probably milk the citizens for another hundred mill

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

no_recall posted:

Gotta have faith.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Massively podcast #156: Downfalls & Uprisings.

MassivelyOP’s latest podcast discusses the Star Citizen Alpha subscription controversy starting about 40 minutes in.

Good lady Bree was bemused but on point as usual:

Bree Royce posted:

“I feel like it was probably a bad move given all the folderol from the last the couple of months with Star Citizen but... it’s been years of folderol with Star Citizen so if you’re in it at this you’re gonna dismiss anything.”

Methinks the lady doth protest just fine.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

no_recall posted:

If that happens, there is only one option.

We post.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

no_recall posted:

MoMA ascends like a Phoenix from the ashes of bitcoin’s once blinding glory and drops the biggest “Called it - :smuggo:” in recent memory, the thread gets renamed “Big MoMA’s (Insert Settlement Sum here) Nothingburger” and this place becomes a war zone of thermonuclear :lol:s, with strafing runs from Lazrin and the gang and Mirificus dutifully reporting on the celebrations from battlefields far and wide.

It’d be great reading. A helluva a consolation prize for anyone disappointed in a quick resolution.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm no bitcoin enthusiast, but can somebody explain in layman terms whats so good about it and why's it so hyped to hell right now?

Also Star Citizen is good, buy an Idris!

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

neonbregna posted:

Anyone else like big butts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5sqvVJ4&t=27s

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

no_recall posted:

I'm no bitcoin enthusiast, but can somebody explain in layman terms whats so good about it
Nothing. It's stupid sperg monopoly money invented because they were mad about having to pay taxes.

no_recall posted:

why's it so hyped to hell right now?
It isn't. The bubble is currently popping and the Autism-Kroners are plummeting in value. Fanatics are screaming "buy buy buy"; anyone with a brain knows to stay the hell away.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Hey folks today is a great day to laugh at the video game star citizen which is a dumb crap game made of burning garbage. What I mean is its bad

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

no_recall posted:

I'm no bitcoin enthusiast, but can somebody explain in layman terms whats so good about it and why's it so hyped to hell right now?
It's a proof of concept for decentralised peer to peer currency that sort of works but for real life use has poor scalability and transaction speed and it's deflationary by design to boot (i.e. it's the opposite of everything that money needs to be) but someone with pull in the media must have quite a stockpile because it occasionally gets hyped for what is a pretty loving blatant pump and dump scheme.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

The Judge is going to link her patreon account and then make everyone wait 2 weeks.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

Bitcoins are promises to buy Star Citizen ships and can only go up in value. Only it's built using technology more flawed and more harmful to graphics cards than the Star Engine.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Solarin posted:

Hey folks today is a great day to laugh at the video game star citizen which is a dumb crap game made of burning garbage. What I mean is its bad

You can't possibly know that since it is not out yet. Just the sheer faith given by the true believers shows it will be the best tanked game in simhistory.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

no_recall posted:

it's bad, op

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Nothing. It's stupid sperg monopoly money invented because they were mad about having to pay taxes.

It isn't. The bubble is currently popping and the Autism-Kroners are plummeting in value. Fanatics are screaming "buy buy buy"; anyone with a brain knows to stay the hell away.

It's also a good way to order drugs/people off of shady parts of the internet. Whenever someone brings up their bitcoins I lose massive amounts of respect for them.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

no_recall posted:

It's good if you are bad.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Bitcoin is like Star Citizen : a pyramid scheme.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Raskolnikov posted:

It's also a good way to order drugs/people off of shady parts of the internet.
Not anymore, the transaction delays and fees caused by the bubble got so bad that even organised crime rings stopped trusting it as much.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

IcarusUpHigh posted:

lmbo imagine being the guy who had to type that into twitter and then go home to his wife and answer "So what did you do today?"

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

"MOOOOM! The super fans are fighting again!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7vp9sh/planting_the_seeds_of_disappointment_part_ii/dtu2d76/

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Zzr posted:

Bitcoin is like Star Citizen : a pyramid scheme.

You can build a pyramid scheme on hopes and dreams? cause I'm pretty sure that's the only thing a PLEDGE has promised.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Doesn't the Star Citizen "Universe" have something like one planet you can't land on and 3 barren moons?*

*Details might be incorrect as I'm not downloading this crap to check.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ColossalPlumpAuk-mobile.mp4

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

AP posted:

Doesn't the Star Citizen "Universe" have something like one planet you can't land on and 3 barren moons?*

*Details might be incorrect as I'm not downloading this crap to check.

You can download procedural planet generators in the Unity asset store that have more content than SC 3.0 moons

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

the first guy understands keyboards

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

SoftNum posted:

You can build a pyramid scheme on hopes and dreams? cause I'm pretty sure that's the only thing a PLEDGE has promised.

It was a bad example because the guys supposedly at the top of the pyramid are not even on it, they didn't spend money in an early time. There isn't even a pyramid, just a flat line of scammed people that lose their money.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
eyyyy gotta get me some of that new civ6 expansion dick

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Bitcoin, like Star Citizen, has now demonstrated that it will never be successful at doing what it originally promised. They are now both schemes that take people's money and output high grade schadenfreude instead.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm assuming that gif is from the reddit dude who always makes them. I wonder if he realizes the full implications (and how accurate he is) in painting CIG LA as a mismanaged hellhole like the company from The Office

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They are probably incredibly salty because they where planing to use this launch as a way to promote SC, and instead it's just non stop dunks.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

They might be getting loving dunked on endlessly on twitter, but the faithful are eating this poo poo up wholesale. From the way reddit is going on, you'd think this was a joint venture.

about the spaceman posted:

Imagine if CR had secretly paid Musk to put a small but visible Star Citizen logo on the side of his helmet.

There's seven threads about the SpaceX launch on the front page of reddit right now, and if you go into them more than half the comments seem like half-desperate attempts to link the two projects in some way. The other half are talking about how awesome it's gonna be when CIG adds the roadster to the Sol system as an easter egg, despite CIG not having anything even resembling the Sol system yet.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Star Citizen.
Is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them