Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The stock market has probably been responding to Trump replacing Yellen as the fed chairman and the replacement is in favor of a more conservative (in the more generic sense of the term) monetary policy. So the market that's been probably a bit overheated for a few years now (predating Trump, but investors jacking off at the thought of having more millions to put into the market helped keep it going) dropped with people thinking the free ride may be over.

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean, isn’t Mueller’s entire investigation totally forfeit if he doesn’t have some authority to get people to talk to him.

Like, surely he’ll have to interview Trump at some point?

The answer is that subpoenaing a president can be a bit tricky, especially someone with the authority and temper of Donald Trump. Mueller may have deadman's switches ready to go the second Trump fires him, but if there's no need to gamble with a confrontation then why risk it. He'll probably extend an invitation to talk, which the lawyers will send Trump to Florida before turning it down, and if Trump does go to talk, it's likely to be a lot more gentle of an interview than confrontational. Basically letting Trump incriminate himself for an hour with some friendly leading questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

A Bakers Cousin posted:

There's at least one writer over at teen vogue who regularly writes great political articles. I'm not sure her name but she needs to be working for somewhere bigger.

lauren duca has published several prominent pieces over the past year or two... believe it or not teen vogue has been doing better national political reporting than many "traditional" outlets since they got a couple new editors

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
#MAGOO

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

piss tape israel posted:

loving jacob wohl lmao

Was his financial shenanigans considered a crime, or was he only banned from doing finance in Arizona or something? How was him knowingly bullshitting investors not illegal? Or are we actually waiting for an arrest?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

the milk machine posted:

lauren duca has published several prominent pieces over the past year or two... believe it or not teen vogue has been doing better national political reporting than many "traditional" outlets since they got a couple new editors

Oh I know that name. She was the one Shkreli kept creeping on.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

I speak a few words of idiot, so let me try to translate.

Trump seems to be operating under one or two assumptions. The first is the "old days" remark, which is basically prior to his Administration, and how things used to be different/better then, at least in terms of honesty in reporting. I'm picking up some bitterness and his maligned feelings of unfair treatment by 'reporters' in keeping with his common themes.

The second assumption is frankly kind of disturbing, and is the "Big mistake," phrase. Who's mistake is that? Not his, he's talking to someone else. He seems to be indicating that he believes there are some people who control the Stock Market to a degree of totality that frankly doesn't exist. So it's disturbing that he doesn't grasp even the bare fundamentals of economics. Also he doesn't seem to notice that he's created a contradiction at the end (i.e. if there is so much good (great) news about the economy, won't that mean the Stock Market will go down?)

Read together, I think it's him bashing the media and trying to encourage the Stock Market "controllers" to not believe the media lies.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

fruit on the bottom posted:

Oh I know that name. She was the one Shkreli kept creeping on.

yup that's the one

she can be a little "radical centrist liberal" sometimes in opinion pieces but she's a strong writer otherwise

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

friendbot2000 posted:

I hope he does and I hope the footage is leaked. Goddamn it might even be better than the piss tape

This wouldn't see the light of day for at least after his death and probably never.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

what happened to child Paul Ryan that turned him into what he is now?

He read Atlas Shrugged in high school, but unlike everyone else 1) Finished it 2) Enjoyed it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

timp posted:

Wh-what the gently caress are you even talking about??

TulliusCicero posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? What good news? His red square parade? His attack on the FBI? His ongoing investigation for collusion and obstruction? What registers as "good news" to donny?

His blabbering on was caught on camera while the stock market plummeted. He is just so amazingly unaware. :stare:

When Trump was speaking about the latest jobs! numbers:

https://twitter.com/ZackFord/status/960606635604529153

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Trump is president lol

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Pussy Quipped posted:

Trump is president lol

What's up with that lol

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/961270833569202176

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
ITS NOT PRESIDENTIAL ITS ALL CAPS PRESIDENTIAL

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/961259576019611649

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

man the president sure does seem like he has an awful lot of work to do, what with all of his tweeting based on live tv updates and whatnot

I wish I could become president because it seems like you're basically retired but you get a bunch of money each year and are allowed to take infinite vacations to wherever, and have zero responsibilities

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
modern presidential was the most amazing dunk on trump and the us in general, so naturally he is the one who said it.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You can't make the mistake of arbitrarily capitalizing letters if you TYPE LIKE THIS

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

mono posted:

DJTJR liked this tweet

https://twitter.com/YourMooseGuide/status/961253187025080320

Took me a few seconds before I even noticed the minigun he was holding, :hmbol:

The actual LOL is his enormous package area.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://twitter.com/TheRealJuIian/status/961271157411295232

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

the emperor has no wigs

assange thirsty af for a pardon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

nickhimself posted:

man the president sure does seem like he has an awful lot of work to do, what with all of his tweeting based on live tv updates and whatnot

I wish I could become president because it seems like you're basically retired but you get a bunch of money each year and are allowed to take infinite vacations to wherever, and have zero responsibilities

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/961271349460307969

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

friendbot2000 posted:

I hope he does dies and I hope the footage is leaked. Goddamn it might even be better than the piss tape

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sean Hannity? The retard!??!!!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

From the rotten mush brain that brought you "The Memo" now comes "The Texts"

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

don't be misled, jose

"intelligence briefing" is where they explain to him how to do normal, regular person stuff like brushing your teeth and why you shouldn't indiscriminately squeeze the tube from wherever

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TulliusCicero posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? What good news? His red square parade? His attack on the FBI? His ongoing investigation for collusion and obstruction? What registers as "good news" to donny?

His blabbering on was caught on camera while the stock market plummeted. He is just so amazingly unaware. :stare:

Nearly full employment, expanding economy, blah blah blah. The greatest thing is that he owns this market now, either up or down. He can't handle the down tho

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

the milk machine posted:

It’s kind of amazing and in a similar vein to the NPS rangers and other staff who immediately made “alt” Twitter accounts and everything. Of course Bernie was immediately all “gently caress this poo poo,” but it’s kind of sad (and hilarious) that a lot of progressive politicians took a while to start doing more than muttering angrily about Pootus while Teen Vogue and some Yellowstone staff were almost immediately going “LOOK AT THIS loving DOTARD”

This hell dimension sure is strange.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Pussy Quipped posted:

Trump is president lol

The retard?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Kumo posted:

assange thirsty af for a pardon

Even if he's pardoned by the US, he's still got to go on trial on sweden for sexual assault.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
TRUMP: “Above all else, we must remember this truth, no matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country, we love our God, and we love our flag.”

(APPLAUSE)

CROWD: USA! USA! USA!

TRUMP: And then I went on, this is my first statement, and they said, remember they said, well, he wasn’t specific enough. Why wasn’t he more specific?

So in my second statement, I got really specific, and they said, why didn’t he do it faster? The — I’m telling you folks, look, look, I know these people probably better than anybody.

And a lot of people have a problem with it, because look, what happens with them, if they’re doing a story about me, I know if it’s honest or false.

If you’re reading a story about somebody, you don’t know. You assume it’s honest, because it’s like the failing New York Times, which is like so bad. It’s so bad.

(BOOING)

[...]Or CNN, which is so bad and so pathetic, and their ratings are going down.

(BOOING)

Right?

CROWD: CNN sucks! CNN sucks! CNN sucks!

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
But Kim Jong Un, I respect the fact that I believe he is starting to respect us. I respect that fact very much. Respect that fact.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

"Biiiiing, Booooooing. Many such cases!"

- President of the United States, Datalinks

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/TheRealJuIian/status/961171443739316225

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

who the gently caress believed anything otherwise.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

FuhrerHat posted:

who the gently caress believed anything otherwise.

I had no doubt it was a mess but I had no idea how actually repulsed I'd be when I saw it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol assange should kill himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
did anyone talk about this yet

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-missouri-election/democrat-wins-special-election-in-trump-heartland-missouri-idUSKBN1FR0YP