Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
ffs arguing with people who are like "musk is the first to do this!"

did you miss the last 70 years of history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fishmech posted:

you misunderstand, most of the modern flat earthers think the earth is a simulation or a giant movie set truman show sort of thing being run or created by some sort of beyond human civilization or powers.

Is the planet on which this simulation is hosted round or flat?

E: Also, how does the tap water there taste?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

ffs arguing with people who are like "musk is the first to do this!"

did you miss the last 70 years of history?

Yes they did

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Also NASA has been rated as the government org with the highest workplace satisfaction for a few years at least

http://bestplacestowork.org/BPTW/rankings/overall/large

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

lancemantis posted:

Yes they did

i fully believe that a lot of these people have literally never seen the pictures of the earth the Apollo missions took from the exact same altitude that looked exactly the same

tbf most of the iconic apollo mission pictures people know and love are like, "earth hanging in the sky over the moonscape" but they were taking pictures basically the entire trip there and back and there's some really cool ones of the earth slowly receding from "fills up your entire field of view" to "about the size of a quarter"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

Is the planet on which this simulation is hosted round or flat?

:rolleye:

there’s a fundamental naivety here. ur obvs not ready for the redpill.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

if it's a simulation it can be both round and flat at the same time based on who's looking :aaaaa:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

musk hosed up https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/961083704230674438

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
shoulda used a maneuver node instead of freeballing it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it’d be funny if the car came spiraling back to earth and hit a fire truck.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
people are literally telling me "it's the most powerful rocket ever!"

nnnnnnnnnngngngngngnngnggjghhhalsfgha;klsdhfg;ahjsf;lahjfaodsfghpahfgl;kah;kvnaknvjknaiothpehqrwotadsfh

it's not even loving close

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jesus christ. if only the relevant specifications were available somewhere!!!!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

It's the most powerful rocket*

*currently in use

**until late 2018

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

anyway the court case is starting again

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/961267372735660032

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lol our idiot president just told the stock market that it made a huge mistake by going down instead of going up

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/961253168968622086

also people in rural america are killing themselves more often

quote:

The aggregate suicide rate for counties outside of metropolitan areas climbed about 14 percent over the five-year period ending in 2016. By comparison, the rate within metro areas also increased—but only by 8 percent. The largest metro areas, in particular, experienced relatively small increases compared to everywhere else.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FMguru posted:

loving liberal elites!

:argh:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Do you think Sarah would mind if we changed the thread title to "techbubb.le: laser is the sauce"?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FMguru posted:

lol our idiot president just told the stock market that it made a huge mistake by going down instead of going up

trump's brain is a smooth as a marble

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

trump's brain is a smooth as the orb

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mrmcd posted:

Do you think Sarah would mind if we changed the thread title to "techbubb.le: laser is the sauce"?

change the title to "tech bubble 451: it was a pleasure to burn VC"

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

haveblue posted:

change the title to "tech bubble 451: it was a pleasure to burn VC"

heh

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mrmcd posted:

i will ask her tonight when we both get home and let u kno

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this has reminded me that that other company that is trying to rival spacex plans to try and literally catch the boosters in a net from a helicopter which like an idea a child would have

i hope it's Bezos company because lol

I hadn't heard of that but it's less an idea a child would have and more how the CIA actually retrieved film from the first spy satellite

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

:rolleye:

there’s a fundamental naivety here. ur obvs not ready for the redpill.

never go on reddit

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jenny Agutter posted:

I hadn't heard of that but it's less an idea a child would have and more how the CIA actually retrieved film from the first spy satellite

there are some subtle differences between a canister of film and an entire rocket booster assembly

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
from cspam

zegermans posted:

Speaking of Tesla I'm at this very moment analyzing some gunk that's jamming electric motors rendering model 3s unsteerable

zegermans posted:

looks like phosphorus from somewhere is corroding the copper parts of the copper/graphite brushes that transfer energy from the stator to the rotor, and is making the whole thing fall apart.

where the phosphorus is coming from or what form its in I don't know, nor is it my job.

lol brushes

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
boostback first stages are a really impressive technological achievement that will significantly bring the cost to LEO down. his engineers are the real heroes though he does a little credit for breaking the back of the rear end in a top hat part suppliers and aerospace contractors that thought they had an untouchable money making machine

the sum of his actual internal contributions were sitting in a meeting with mueller, the guy who designed the rocket engine, upon hearing "designing a engine this large with a pintle injector and a single hydraulic system is hard, really hard, i don't know if I can do it, but if I could get it working we would save a ton of weight" he said "you should make this rocket engine work" and then mueller did

every time ol' musky acually puts his hand into the guts of spacex he causes delays and chaos, like all billionaires he gave seed money to a longshot, fell into success and then takes credit for it

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 7, 2018

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

FMguru posted:

good news make number go down
i want number go up
gotta nuke the norks to save the 401ks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

so this is a thing now

https://twitter.com/NeitherNora/status/961048465974480898

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/961299812011290624

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/961300056019124224

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:psyduck:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
every single thing i post has a psyduck right by it

my attitude towards life, basically
i think it the correct attitude

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol what

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

You'd be better served to call it an exploit you fools

I should be a lawyer

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i love tech metaphors. there was like a daylong discussion about literal and metaphorical file cabinets in the google java case

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Not a Children posted:

You'd be better served to call it an exploit you fools

I should be a lawyer

cheat code was his word in his memo, they're throwing it back in his face

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the uber/waymo judge is the same one from oracle/google

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
a Taiwanese news article about the spacex launch plagiarized a little from the onion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

wat, indeed