Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Al Giordano should join Gregg Turkington for this year's On CInema Oscars Special, this level of expertise must reach the masses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

i dislike superhero movies in general

That's violence

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

That's violence

they are pretty violent movies that are explicitly marketed towards children yeah

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

That's violence

VIolence is necessary for social good.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Comic book movies for babies. You shouldn't be allowed to watch them anymore after age 15.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did you guys know that superheroes are actually modern day mythical figures? So uhh it's like hypocritical to hate them when you uhh love Zeus or a book or whatever. Checkmate.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty telling that it's only dudebros who "hate" super heroes, and every other person on earth recognizes them as the same thing as Gods, book characters, cool myths and stuff, and also good for what they are.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Kingfish posted:

It is getting rave reviews but most of the praise seems to be about how woke it is and how it is better than the average Marvel movie. I'm guessing it will be fine.

every single marvel movie that comes out has two weeks of Best Marvel Movie Ever and then after a few months people are unable to remember said movie

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

every single marvel movie that comes out has two weeks of Best Marvel Movie Ever and then after a few months people are unable to remember said movie

Maybe each one is more "good for what it is" than the last.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Kingfish posted:

Comic book movies for babies. You shouldn't be allowed to watch them anymore after age 15.

coincidentally, the last time there were good non-R comic movies was in 2008, so 15 years seeing them then are now the prime demographic target for the poo poo being shoveled out there

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

i dislike superhero movies in general

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i bet wesley snipes would do another blade movie even if they made him woke or trans or something

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
to be fair, I loved seeing an israeli babe kill nazis in the trenches of world war i

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i bet wesley snipes would do another blade movie even if they made him woke or trans or something

seriously the loving blade movies ruled and nobody talks about them

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People should talk about the under appreciated super hero movies more. They are good for what they are.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wesley snipes rules

i dont think hes gotten any work since he got out of jail. lol that its impossible for a black guy to get a job if he has a criminal record even if hes an a-list hollywood star

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
he's crazy good at martial arts and apparently stays in character during the entire production so maybe his reputation for being a complete lunatic wasn't helped by prison

but yeah it's a shame he hasn't been in another big budget action movie since

e: looks like he was in the expendables 3 so yaay

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

wesley snipes rules

i dont think hes gotten any work since he got out of jail. lol that its impossible for a black guy to get a job if he has a criminal record even if hes an a-list hollywood star

hes been in direct to video stuff i think

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Half of the poo poo blade says in the first movie was just poo poo Wesley Snipes said on set that they went what the gently caress why isn't this in the script and wrote it in

Including SOME MOTHERFUCKERS ALWAYS TRYIBG TO ICR SKATE UPHILL

coathat
May 21, 2007

He was on a network tv show but it got canceled

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i'm really looking forward to when someone puts a black mask helm on that fearless girl statue and people go insane

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Spawn was great and Michael Jai White ftw and none of these cretins will give a poo poo about his next movie like no one cared for Black Dynamite

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Spawn was great and Michael Jai White ftw and none of these cretins will give a poo poo about his next movie like no one cared for Black Dynamite

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Plutonis posted:

Good, imagine the insane takes we'd get if they did

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Pretty telling that it's only dudebros who "hate" super heroes, and every other person on earth recognizes them as the same thing as Gods, book characters, cool myths and stuff, and also good for what they are.

Source your quotes

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I assume every single post outside of this forum is exactly that.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

from what people in the trump thread and other places have posted the something awful movie forum is full of people appreciating star wars and superhero movies as highbrow art

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

from what people in the trump thread and other places have posted the something awful movie forum is full of people appreciating star wars and superhero movies as highbrow art

Ehhhhhhhhhh

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/961279070968434688

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i like nick mullen's "it's your moral duty to pirate black panther for poor children since it's definitely not about ticket sales" campaign

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Inescapable Duck posted:

No one will care about black panther in 40 days

I give it 14

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

literally dozens of pages about the "radical queerness" of the joker in suicide squad

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

When I say " Joker is queer in Suicide Squad" I am not saying "Joker sucks dick". I am saying Joker has to be queer and not heteronormative because he is a reflection of Batman and Batman's super power is " heteronormativity" in this specific media.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bro Dad posted:

literally dozens of pages about the "radical queerness" of the joker in suicide squad

nah
Mar 16, 2009

black panther, like every other action movie released in February, will be excellent

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Bro Dad posted:

When I say " Joker is queer in Suicide Squad" I am not saying "Joker sucks dick". I am saying Joker has to be queer and not heteronormative because he is a reflection of Batman and Batman's super power is " heteronormativity" in this specific media.

Batman in those movies is basically if Peter Thiel was a Spartan from 300. The Joker is a white trap artist.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bro Dad posted:

The Killing Joke is about being gay with your dad

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Wesley Snipes was way ahead of this poo poo check out To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar. Black dynamite owned hard as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

whenever a movie, tv show, etc. gets hype and good reviews from people prioritizing its politics over its entertainment value, i read this Orwell essay from 1941 and remind myself that this has always been the reaction of a sick, deranged society