Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Love to fight the ACA repeal with Douglas "Trump's AHCA is a good first step" Holtz Eakin and Gail "we need to kick more people off of medicaid" Wilensky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Grondoth posted:

Don't trust Dems from NY. Do not trust us.

i don't trust anyone from new york

you all sound like honking geese and you're more virulently racist than my redneck neighbors

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol @ the proposed budget deal

Tiberius Christ posted:

another honorable failure for the Democrats!

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/961298428327317506

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/961299095523651586

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/961300037333585922

ha

haha

ha ha ha haahahahaa

hah

ha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

heh

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Cuck Schumer

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hate democrats

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Chuck trying to out-suck Pelosi? He's doing a real good job of loving us all over.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Even Pelosi doesn't support the latest Schumer capitulation. This is 100% an act of weakness; he's spooked about the midterms/polling and afraid that fighting will lose his party support. And if polls looks worse next week he'll somehow try to capitulate further. His playbook has two options: bluff and surrender.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Schumer’s always been 100% worse than Pelosi lol he’s a loving Likudnik

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Even Pelosi doesn't support the latest Schumer capitulation. This is 100% an act of weakness; he's spooked about the midterms/polling and afraid that fighting will lose his party support. And if polls looks worse next week he'll somehow try to capitulate further. His playbook has two options: bluff and surrender.

even though the shaky midterms polling is because he's doing poo poo like this in the first place

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i don't trust anyone from new york

you all sound like honking geese and you're more virulently racist than my redneck neighbors

These are both 100% true.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
This can prove a winning strategy, provided that all of their 2018 opponents also turn out to be pedophiles

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Matt Zerella posted:

Cuck Schumer

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bernie Bros hate New York because it’s majority nonwhite

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

can someone explain why theyre doing this stuff now even though dogged opposition to trump seemed to be polling well

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zokari posted:

can someone explain why theyre doing this stuff now even though dogged opposition to trump seemed to be polling well

better things are not possible, because we're going to stop them from happening

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Zokari posted:

because outrage fatigue is setting in and we're all hypernormalized and all polling is based on dated models for idiots but the decrepit blight and ash elementals that pass for senior leadership don't understand that we're living in hellworld

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

Bernie Bros hate New York because it’s majority nonwhite

And yet bernie is highly loved here.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

Medicare for all will never ever happen.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

And yet bernie is highly loved here.

That’s because he has tied himself to noted Cautious Politician, Bill de Blasio

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
You guys want to hear a joke?

Hillary Clinton.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Zokari posted:

Schumer is unfathomably stupid

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

"i hate the piss ghoul more than anyone who has ever lived but thank you for reaching a bipartisan deal with him democrats!!!"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Grondoth posted:

Schumer is unfathomably stupid

smart money's on this one

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zokari posted:

a lot of the media immediately about-faced on trump too

someone with a lot of money would rather trump stick around

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

this is another part of it, if they continued opposing trump they'd have to not do all the things he does and uhhh

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Internet Webguy posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/961319028773064706

"restoring balance" what kind of star wars bullshit is that?

For those who don't know, Joseph Crowley is currently the (I believe) number 3 Democrat in the House, and you'll often see him standing to Pelosi's left in her photo opps. His district is Western Queens (including Astoria and where I live) and some of the Eastern Bronx, in NYC. I don't believe he's ever had a contested election, and got into the House through some county party fuckery:

Wikipedia posted:

Democratic Congressman Thomas J. Manton quietly retired from the Congress in 1999, having already filed for and circulated petitions for re-election. He withdrew on the last day it was legally possible to do so and arranged for Crowley, his chosen successor, to replace him on the ballot.

He's currently the chairperson of that party, which has county committee meetings every two years, with the executive board, composed mostly of his goons, making decisions in the interim.

If you're curious, he does have a primary challenger right now -- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who is running on the Justice Democrats (that young turks thing) and Brand New Congress lines. She's been to a couple Queens DSA events, including this past meeting at the end of January, where she (and I was as shocked about this as anyone) didn't say anything in favor of her campaign and only acknowledged (gladly) who she was when someone else mentioned it. She straight up just joined a housing working group breakout session and contributed. It blew my mind.

Anyway, if you want to unseat an arch-bad dem, maybe help her out?

edit: posted in the trump thread by accident lol

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

aw man, I'm in woodside and we aren't in the district. maybe I'll do some volunteer work for her. she seems very cool. my rep is Grace Meng who seems like she is ok on some things and succ as hell on others.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

So where can I get the hot takes about how Schumer won and DACA is next, we promise.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Matt Zerella posted:

aw man, I'm in woodside and we aren't in the district. maybe I'll do some volunteer work for her. she seems very cool. my rep is Grace Meng who seems like she is ok on some things and succ as hell on others.

lol yep that's Grace Meng

edit: I am also in Woodside, and he is my Congressman. How is GalacticAcid in JH and you're in Woodside and he's not your rep? That's loving weird

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

That’s because he has tied himself to noted Cautious Politician, Bill de Blasio

Hahaha that loving joke. What the christ. I cringed involuntarily that day but I didn't know why until I watched the video.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The moment Texas goes blue is the moment that the second civil war goes from cold to hot

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Vox Nihili posted:

I already know the answer for this but if the wave is big enough in 2018 would there be enough will from Senate democrats who see where the wind is blowing to force him to step down from minority / majority leader? I mean even through all their denials and 11th dimensional chess the bad dems have to realize how bad he is making them look.

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Feb 7, 2018

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

unbutthurtable posted:

lol yep that's Grace Meng

edit: I am also in Woodside, and he is my Congressman. How is GalacticAcid in JH and you're in Woodside and he's not your rep? That's loving weird

oh poo poo, I just looked it up and he is!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

GalacticAcid posted:

Bernie Bros hate New York because it tried to annex the First Vermont Republic

:colbert:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Oh Snapple! posted:

and of course obama himself calling up May to reassure her that the Tories would be winning out lol

lol I had to google about this

I got a raging suck zoner right now

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
bring back harry reid, who wouldn't have caved

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Matt Zerella posted:

oh poo poo, I just looked it up and he is!

:getin:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LEVEL 5 SUCK ALERT: nancy pelosi is fillibustering her own party to stop this idiot compromise from going through

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

God drat Barack Hussain Obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Yinlock posted:

LEVEL 5 SUCK ALERT: nancy pelosi is fillibustering her own party to stop this idiot compromise from going through

pelosi... good??

• Locked thread