Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I was really thirsting for that Shinola Vol 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I can't even imagine what would be on it at this point. So many unreleased tracks have been heard over the years. What would be on it? Just high quality recordings of stuff we already know? Has Kim Smoltz ever been on a release?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
On the other hand, Dean Ween (and Primus) in Australia next year ... I'll take that!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I saw Ween and Primus this year! It was nuts!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

All five Stallions tonight! Man, missing this show hurtssssss.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

New Dean Ween Group album track - 'based on'(?) a Ween track from the Caesar demos.

https://soundcloud.com/ogs-3/the-dean-ween-group-dont-let-the-moon-catch-you-crying/s-SDUud

Plus a small tour. I'll be at the Black Cat show :dance:

Dead Meadow plus Dean Ween in March makes me happy.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 11, 2018

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

me your dad posted:

New Dean Ween Group album track - 'based on'(?) a Ween track from the Caesar demos.

https://soundcloud.com/ogs-3/the-dean-ween-group-dont-let-the-moon-catch-you-crying/s-SDUud

Plus a small tour. I'll be at the Black Cat show :dance:

What a weird vocal mix

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Harminoff posted:

What a weird vocal mix

I'm pretty ignorant of this term. What's it mean in this case?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

me your dad posted:

I'm pretty ignorant of this term. What's it mean in this case?

Just Deaner missing some vocals so all you hear is the background vocals. Idk I think I still prefer the caesar version, this one has too many layers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z--fCH6D_xQ

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Kind of a weird version of the song, which imo is one of the better songs from caesar that didn't make it into quebec. But still cool that it's getting a release. I'm definitely gonna go to the Brooklyn show, would be cool to see them play it.

I saw DWG when they did Brooklyn Bowl last year and was caught off guard by how good they were. I expected them to be solid but I had a great time.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I'm really torn, theres not too many tickets left to see Primus w/Deaner as support in Australia so all thats left are $100 tickets and money is drat tight at the moment. I'm not a huge Primus fan, casual at best and Deaner's set is only 45mins. On the other hand this is the closest to a Ween tour I've had since 2008. It's probably too much to hope for a side show!

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I wouldn't bother if you're not a big Primus fan. Dean Ween Group shows are fun, but they don't compare to a Ween show. I paid $24 for my ticket to the Dean Ween show in DC, where they are the main act. I wouldn't pay much more than that. And I'll probably be able to get right up at the stage since it's a small, general admission venue.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Yeah that's the other issue, they're playing in a huge theatre where I'd be in the nosebleeds, the sound isn't great there either. So that would be the upside of the intimate small venue part lost. Guess I just gotta hope that traveling here is a positive experience for the guys, enough so that they want to come back with Aaron as Ween for their own headline shows. Those 2 nights in Melbourne in 2008 were two of the best gigs of my life.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Have you seen Primus live before? They've killed it every time I've seen them live (about 8x). Granted $100 is a lot more than I've ever paid to see them, and I also agree that DWG are fun, but it doesn't really touch Ween.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

It would not shock me if Deaner does a “secret” show while he is there. He did one in NYC last time DWG played here. As I remember it was on a weeknight at like 1am so I didn’t go, but the option was there.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There will definitely be a stretch of time where Les and Deaner are playing together during that concert and that'll probably make the show worth it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I paid half as much to see Primus and Ween last summer, with Les coming out to play. Then again I don't live in Aussieland so I'm not sure how often you get to see shows that you like.

My gut says save the money and hope to see Deaner at the bar.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I’m in a similar situation, tossing up whether to go to the Brisbane concert in April.

My issue is that I’ll have a 5-6 week old infant by that point and I think I’ll probably still be in the midst of new parent weirdness.

Otherwise yeah, I would definitely fork out the $100. Like you, the Melbourne Ween gig was the best concert I’d been to. New Primus sounds a fair bit like the Residents, so there’s that too.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
If you are close just join a Primus/ween Facebook group and look for tickets near the event. Usually can score some pretty reasonable priced tickets that way.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Lack of show announcements is a little worrying, especially in light of the weird post from Deaner’s wife last fall. This time last year they had announced a bunch of shows already (and played at least a couple).

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah we should be getting closer to summer festival announcements. Maybe, just maybe they're working on a new album?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Saw ween at red rocks in 2017 and it was maybe the best show of theirs I’ve ever seen

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Tenacious D opening for Ween at Red Rocks is one of my favorite shows ever.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

phiz forum name change is awesome :D

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bold Robot posted:

Lack of show announcements is a little worrying, especially in light of the weird post from Deaner’s wife last fall. This time last year they had announced a bunch of shows already (and played at least a couple).

What was the weird post from his wife?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

She was alluding to some huge fight with Aaron and how she knew he was no good (heavily hinting at his drug use) and something about him loving poo poo up for Mickey.

It was never addressed and I think was deleted.

This thread moves slow I bet it’s less than 5 pages ago.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

It's on the last page. Deaner's wife posted something like "Gene Ween has done it again, bites the hand that feed and shits where he eats, pray for my husband." There wasn't any more info. Not that long after, the post was deleted and Mickey showed up in the facebook group denying that ween was breaking up. No news since then though. It looks like last year they announced their summer tour at the end of February so hopefully we will hear something soon.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
So they hate each other and are still performing occasionally for cash?

That's fine by me but it also makes me sad.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Someone suggested that post may have been about the song Don't Let the Moon Catch You Cryin', which is on the new Deaner album. Maybe there was some friction in Dean putting it on his album since it was originally a Ween song.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

WHAT
IS
UP

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeeC9ImHgV9

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfAFfyrnf91

:aaa:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Well poo poo. I flew out there for the reunion tour. Now I need to convince my wife that another trip is needed :getin:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Is that Kurt vile in the second pic? They both look like poo poo.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

BigFactory posted:

Is that Kurt vile in the second pic? They both look like poo poo.

It's kurt's instagram account, so yeah :P

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
This is the better one

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1614018048679725&id=596658890415651

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Whoa.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008