Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"laser"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Laser hair removal always makes me think of that scene in The Andromeda Strain where the scientists go into some kind of decontamination chamber that burns off their outer layer of skin with bright white light

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I'm getting a new desk nametag at work to replace the one I made myself yay

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://twitter.com/seldo/status/960709684238807040

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Post/username

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

“Asexuality is a fantastic short-term strategy,” said Dr. Tucker.

In the long term, however, there are benefits to sex.

:agreed:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Post/username

lmao indeed

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

keyboard vomit posted:

I'm getting a new desk nametag at work to replace the one I made myself yay

it's the little things in life, really

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

friend is currently in bottom surgery right now, send all yr good vibes

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ate all the Oreos posted:

:yosbutt:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

also name post combo up there

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

:boom:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

friend's husband reports friend out of surgery and in the initial recovery room, doctor said it "went perfect," no skin grafts required, and he's "very satisfied" with the result :toot:

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
great news

how long will your friend be in recovery?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Helianthus Annuus posted:

great news

how long will your friend be in recovery?

iirc they have to stay at the hospital overnight or maybe two nights idk, and then at a nearby hotel for a week and go back in for monitoring regularly, and then the stitches come out at the end of the week (or maybe week and a half? I don't remember details) and they can go home

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Dang, that’s a lot faster than I assumed. Congratulations to them!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

condolences for the hospital stay though, overnights fuckin suck

when i had my thyroid out i hated every moment

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Maybe it’s just my immaturity showing, but I feel like if I had bottom surgery, for like the next month I’d just randomly look down my pants and giggle with glee at being how I mentally saw myself.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Maybe it’s just my immaturity showing, but I feel like if I had bottom surgery, for like the next month I’d just randomly look down my pants and giggle with glee at being how I mentally saw myself.

i don't think there's anyone alive who wouldn't

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

working today with one of my students who is trans and noticed that they have fresh scars all up their forearms.

feels bad man :smith:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Dang, that’s a lot faster than I assumed. Congratulations to them!

correction: they'll be in the hospital until Saturday, but then can immediately go home after that if everything's still fine

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Sagebrush posted:

working today with one of my students who is trans and noticed that they have fresh scars all up their forearms.

feels bad man :smith:

Goes without saying I'm sure, but don't mention that you noticed to them. Lots of my friends growing up cut and having teachers show concern tended to just send the into a fresh episode.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

My brother's wife is doing the same thing to herself over her mother's death three years ago and I frankly have no idea what to say or do about it besides the rather selfish "nothing, not my problem and i'd harm more than help anyway"

Bleh at that stuff. Hope things work out ok Sagebrush

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

friend is awake and doing good now

one of the nurses apparently said it "may be the best vagina we ever made" which is cool

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

friend is awake and doing good now

one of the nurses apparently said it "may be the best vagina we ever made" which is cool

Lol. I didn't realize there were any bottom surgeons in Florida. Or are you getting updates by phone?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

Goes without saying I'm sure, but don't mention that you noticed to them. Lots of my friends growing up cut and having teachers show concern tended to just send the into a fresh episode.

yeah, i know. it's shocking but i recognize that it is not a life-threatening emergency (until it is, i suppose), and making a deal out of it would generally be more harmful than the cutting itself.

if they came in with blood still dripping down their arms etc. i would probably treat it as i would any other classroom injury -- give them the first aid kit and/or walk them down to the health center and/or call the ambulance, depending on severity. (all three of which i have had to do in the past).

dysphoria is a hell of a thing

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

Lol. I didn't realize there were any bottom surgeons in Florida. Or are you getting updates by phone?

oh yeah no this friend is currently in San Francisco for the surgery and normally lives in northern california, i'm getting periodic updates via IM

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

oh yeah no this friend is currently in San Francisco for the surgery and normally lives in northern california, i'm getting periodic updates via IM

That makes more sense. I'm glad things are going well for your friend.

If they're in sf, I assume they went to brownstein crane? They're a lucky person, cuz their waiting list is crazy long.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

That makes more sense. I'm glad things are going well for your friend.

If they're in sf, I assume they went to brownstein crane? They're a lucky person, cuz their waiting list is crazy long.

just asked, yes, though "she actually got it done by satterwhite" who i guess works at/for brownstein crane? idk how this works

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

just asked, yes, though "she actually got it done by satterwhite" who i guess works at/for brownstein crane? idk how this works

Yeah. Dr crane himself is in Texas now and only does weiners. Satterwhite is the hot new kid on the scene, especially since bowers keeps almost killing people. His waiting list is enormous already, like 18 months just for consults and 6 more after that for surgery dates.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I went looking for shoes one time and found nothing. also every shirt has lovely little sleeves

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if you're not picky go to a thrift store, I got a dope skirt at one awhile ago

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Did bowers finish her teaching thing in New York that was meant to train in state surgeons for the area to service va/nedicaid/Medicare patients yet? Iirc it would be at least one surgeon in NY, one in CT, one for nj

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
protip: if you don't want to or don't know how to shave your legs, wear pantyhose

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fishmech posted:

Did bowers finish her teaching thing in New York that was meant to train in state surgeons for the area to service va/nedicaid/Medicare patients yet? Iirc it would be at least one surgeon in NY, one in CT, one for nj

i'm not sure, but in the last couple years she's fallen hard because one patient had their whole labia die, and she hosed up anesthesia with a couple others so people are finally waking to the fact that she's a gynecologist and not a board certified plastic surgeon. satterwhite says he's taken some of her ideas that had merit (and he's apparently friends with her), but i suspect you're going to see her patient list dwindle and her demand as an expert dry up.

smoka: are you transitioning? i'm having trouble telling if you're trolling itt or not given your usual posting style and propensity for calling things gay when you don't like them.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

doot doot brassard waitlist since like September.
Mad at myself for holding off sending back all the forms since the year before

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

cis autodrag posted:

Yeah. Dr crane himself is in Texas now and only does weiners. Satterwhite is the hot new kid on the scene, especially since bowers keeps almost killing people. His waiting list is enormous already, like 18 months just for consults and 6 more after that for surgery dates.

hopefully he's managed to stay grounded about it. physicians and especially surgeons have a baseline of being completely full off themselves, I can't even imagine how absurd one with a two year waiting list could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Same. I'm on his wait list and that's gonna be a lame flight home if be turns out to be a jerk after all that wait.