Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Yardbomb posted:

Oh and since I hadn't taken a look at his stupid poo poo in a while, his twitter header's now a bunch of heroically portrayed blondes in suits and pseudo-military getups assaulting women with those dang haircuts/colors we don't like and people holding signs?

Yeah, that was one of the tweets that made me go "seriously, who the gently caress is this idiot".

It was a tweet with that header-- pasted next to a tweet from IMC saying something like "oh so now it's okay to just punch people you don't agree with?"

e: And his tweet was in reference to fictional violence in a comic book, if I recall. Captain America punching fascists, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I keep watching this, and it's just constantly :catstare: Like, how do you even think any of this is okay?!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Funniest thing I heard about IMC recently is how he changed his avatar to a little cartoon portrait, to which someone remarked, "It's pretty sad when even the cartoon version of yourself still can't grow a mustache."

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Shot live from The Porg Zone!

Anyway, heres RLM talking about Pink Flamingos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKiYBoIgGAc

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So I made three videos all getting around 250 views, and then two weeks ago I make a Star Wars video that gets 2.3k in three days. Maybe I shoul sell my soul and just make Star Wars content - thoughts???

Anyway, I made a video about the new Cloverfield movie, and how it might be the first ever example of "Cinamatic Clickbait"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFN7ftg4974

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kinda sad that Cracked now gets to be counted amongst the kinds of sites that it once made fun of

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Augus posted:

Kinda sad that Cracked now gets to be counted amongst the kinds of sites that it once made fun of

Didn't Cracked lay off half their staff recently?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Cracked, much like AV Club, is a shadow of its former self.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, it was a real bummer. The Fake News show on their youtube channel was really good.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I didn't know that! Their articles were kind hit and miss, but they still had some genuinely talented video producers up until recently.

I used them as an example mainly because of how they market themselves on Facebook

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/BennettTheSage/status/961004217388290048

So in some really nice news, Bennett has been on a fitness kick lately and he finally dropped below 200lbs. He has been looking so much better in his last few videos.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://twitter.com/BennettTheSage/status/961004217388290048

So in some really nice news, Bennett has been on a fitness kick lately and he finally dropped below 200lbs. He has been looking so much better in his last few videos.

Great to see stuff like that. :unsmith:

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Laterite posted:

Yeah, Cracked, much like AV Club, is a shadow of its former self.

There was an interview on Splitsider recently about Funny or Die going through the same thing for similar reasons, and how Facebook's position as a sort of de facto publisher has had a huge negative impact on sites like them overall; largely the fact that Facebook has forcibly become the main location for a lot of people to view their content rather than the original website, but no revenue flows back to the creators in response. It's a pretty worthwhile read.

http://splitsider.com/2018/02/how-facebook-is-killing-comedy/

Idran fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 8, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Puppy Time posted:

I keep watching this, and it's just constantly :catstare: Like, how do you even think any of this is okay?!

:same:

It's like someone took the move-fast-and-break-things attitude of Silicon Valley and applied it to reality TV.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:same:

It's like someone took the move-fast-and-break-things attitude of Silicon Valley and applied it to reality TV.

Sex house REALLY wasn't far off the mark

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Allison has a three-parter of TNG episodes coming out. The Sub-Rosa video is up on Patreon.
https://twitter.com/Obscurus_Lupa/status/961390823618371584

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh god, Sub-Rosa. The Star Trek thread used to be titled "A very erotic chapter of my grandmother's journal" specifically in reference to that famously bad episode.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
is that one of the various episodes about weird wispy gassy things loving one of the lady crewmembers because it sure wasn't a lingering example of the writer's misogyny!!!!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

cat doter posted:

is that one of the various episodes about weird wispy gassy things loving one of the lady crewmembers because it sure wasn't a lingering example of the writer's misogyny!!!!!!

It's the one where they go to Space Scotland and Crusher fucks a sexy ghost who is, yes, made of gas sometimes.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

how are you even supposed to slap that clit when you're gas, total bullshit imo

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

OK so it's going to be Sub-Rosa, Threshold (I'm Guessing...), what third episode is bad enough to stand with those two?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

the enterprise finale?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Any episode of Discovery

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Idran posted:

largely the fact that Facebook has forcibly become the main location for a lot of people to view their content rather than the original website, but no revenue flows back to the creators in response. It's a pretty worthwhile read.

One of the reasons I will never post a video to Facebook. I'll gladly upload a video to an vid hosting site (Vimeo, in my case), and share the embed. But never, ever, ever direct to Facebook.

I'm shocked Facebook hasn't been sued out the rear end for doing this. I mean, FFS, I can't take a 5 second clip from a 10 year old Simpsons episode and post it to Youtube without seventy three bots making GBS threads themselves-- but Facebook can take content creator's video and pirate it wholesale.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Code of Honor?

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

cat doter posted:

the enterprise finale?

A+

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Yeah if it's restricted to TNG episodes that was my thought.

And perhaps even if it wasn't.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

it is a truly wretched piece of tv

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Enterprise Finale is stupid, but I can't rank it worse than Code of Honor. At least it's merely boring and lame, rather than awful and racist.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cost of Living.

The one with Worf's kid and Troi's mom hanging out in the weird holodeck mud spa.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

WampaLord posted:

Cost of Living.

The one with Worf's kid and Troi's mom hanging out in the weird holodeck mud spa.

Isn't that the one that pulled the same "OH NO HUGE DRAMA lol just kidding vulcans have two eyelids, i guess we all just forgot" bullshit, except with hearts?

edit: wait, that was "Ethics", and he had a backup brain or something.

lornekates fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 8, 2018

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lornekates posted:

Isn't that the one that pulled the same "OH NO HUGE DRAMA lol just kidding vulcans have two eyelids, i guess we all just forgot" bullshit, except with hearts?

No it's the one where basically nothing happens other than "Worf has parenting issues and Troi's mom is annoying"

I think there's some conflict with a planet or something but all I can focus on is stupid poo poo like this:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

lornekates posted:

One of the reasons I will never post a video to Facebook. I'll gladly upload a video to an vid hosting site (Vimeo, in my case), and share the embed. But never, ever, ever direct to Facebook.

I'm shocked Facebook hasn't been sued out the rear end for doing this. I mean, FFS, I can't take a 5 second clip from a 10 year old Simpsons episode and post it to Youtube without seventy three bots making GBS threads themselves-- but Facebook can take content creator's video and pirate it wholesale.

Wait, are you saying people could upload copyrighted content on Facebook and not get penalized like on YouTube?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

oh, hey, it's ralp

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mraagvpeine posted:

Wait, are you saying people could upload copyrighted content on Facebook and not get penalized like on YouTube?

Facebook will decline it. I posted a rick and Morty thing I made with the NIN’s Hurt and they wouldn’t let me upload it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Paladin posted:

OK so it's going to be Sub-Rosa, Threshold (I'm Guessing...), what third episode is bad enough to stand with those two?

Lineage or Repentance from the last season of Voyager. Both are atrocious.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

lornekates posted:

:capitalism:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My favorite thing about Sub Rosa is how it may or may not have been written by Anne Rice under a pseudonym

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

No discussion of bad Trek episodes is complete without Dear Doctor, the Enterprise episode where they decide not to treat a disease that’s wiping out an entire species of aliens because they want to help a different species that would benefit from the first’s extinction. Yeah, that’s right; a pro-eugenics message in Star Trek.

Not that I think they intended to send such a message. Like a lot of bad episodes its problems derive from the writers mistaking a counterintuitive solution for an insightful one, when in reality it’s counterintuitive because it’s drat stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Dear Doctor and many many other Star Trek episodes are handicapped by the twin weird beliefs

1) Evolution is predetermined and has a "natural" course.
2) because this course is "natural" it is a moral obligation to not disrupt it.

Treating evolution as some sort of weird atheist predestination is a common problem in bad sci-fi but Star Trek gets struck by it more often than most.

• Locked thread