Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Simon Numbers posted:

Shot a Chinese guy and stole this from him, many hours of work lost in 10 seconds with two bolts to the face.

Guess it didn't bring him quite enough luck. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
alright i've been playing this game for about a week and a half with goons and its the best pvp mmo/sandbox game i've played to date. if you enjoyed darkfall or wurm online you'd really enjoy this game.
it also has a huge community of edgelords to troll and rile up with dumb posts on the official discord, naturally goons have a bad rep and it continues to get worse due to shitposting and honordads complaining about us.

i started posting on the official discord complaining about goons and its been pretty great too, i've gotten a few people offering to send people over to help protect me from the evil detroiters

]

you also get to fight chinese, brazilians, french, russians, whoever digusts you you can probably kill them

tonight we went and messed up a keep with our alliance and destroy or looted mostly everything in it. the game is great and if youre on the fence you should try it.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Today we sent some brave Goon knights to assist allies in the north against a horde of Chinese players. When we arrived, we realized that it was a group of French and Japanese players fighting Brazilians and Chinese, and everyone had us set to enemy due to a standings bug. We were also outnumbered about 4 to 1. Some of us died, but we somehow ended up routing the enemy completely.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
They came to Detroit not long after and tried to ambush us. They were destroyed.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For a break from digging granite the past few days, today I picked some flowers.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Got 100 Nature's Lore. Herbalist shop on fire again.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In our defense, they are pretty flowers.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
- Tweaked Repair Kit prices and the amount of damage they repair - we’re still working on a mechanism that will prevent “outhealing” of structures, with multiple players using repair kits at the same time

Maybe this means they won't be able to repair through all our siege damage next time.

- 'Create a Bone Glue' ability now can only be performed on Big Cauldron and Kitchen
- Bone Glue recipe was changed
-Drying frames are now harder to make (updated recipe and increased damage to crafting device from 'Bone Glue' production) and they have much less damage resistance

Looks like it's back to palisade shields for our defensive needs.

edit - If someone is going to be making a lot of bone glue it looks like you'll want to be making it in the cauldron now, don't bother smashing up the kitchen making glue.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
Ye Olde Code Enforcement is now taking requests to nuke personal claims, here's a sample of our first citation:

Detroit Code Enforcement has noticed some irregularities with this personal claim

No sanitation facilities for dangerous organic waste

Industrial runoff leaking straight into the Great Lakes waterways

Some STUPID loving TREE FENCES that blocked my horse

In light of these violations, this personal claim has been revoked and will be absorbed into the hivemind within three days. Thank you for your compliance.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'

InstantInfidel posted:

In light of these violations, this personal claim has been revoked and will be absorbed into the hivemind within three days. Thank you for your compliance.

No, within six months.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone please pm me the

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The four quality food is running low, the crafters are starting to get DESPerate.

Electronic old men, ruling Buyan.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 7, 2018

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Justin Tyme posted:

The four quality food is running low, the crafters are starting to get DESPerate.

Electronic old men, ruling Buyan.

Good sir the only thing you “craft” is dead and missing horses.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Not today! We stuffed the fob full of horses won as war booty.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
All day there was combat at the Everstorm FOB as we tried to build it, we traded blows and we pushed them back then they would respawn and push us out with even more numbers. It culminated in a large battle between us, our FU reinforcements and a large group of Everstorm players. We defeated them and the area around the FOB is already a moonscape covered in tombstones. During the battle I snuck into their backfield and dropped a battle token at Everstorm proper, players from all over the map are signing up to fight with us. If you left this game early because of the grind or wanting more pvp, it's time to come back. We have food that boosts your skill gains, getting from 0-60 can be done within an hour. PVP happens daily and it's only getting bigger and better.

GreaseGunner fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 8, 2018

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its true, peasant life is good right now

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
Only a few of the tombstones littering the battlefield near the new Goondor FOB.

One of us has no pants.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Not one but two Instanced battles tonight, one versus the try hards known as everstorm and the other is against the Chinese menace that is plaguing the server.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

GreaseGunner posted:

Only a few of the tombstones littering the battlefield near the new Goondor FOB.

One of us has no pants.

Our enemies FOBbed us with a crapfort, we beat them

Goons FOB the enemy, and now the dead litter the field

our poopsock is eternal

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'

Let's see how many more we can get than them.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'

Let's smash boys.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

The Anti-China instance battle is still on for tonight, prepare for bloodshed

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i planted many seeds and ground some wheat tonight

i hope some day soon to unlock the mystery of how to shovel poop onto the ground

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

Guild claims aren't expanding properly woooo

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we not nuke personal claims as planned? Why even play

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

Why even play

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
personal poo poo shacks are an integral part of wurm-like games

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

GET TO THE ESG FOB NOW WE NEED MORE HELP

edit: IF YOU CAN BUILD A TREBUCHET GET WEST OF BLUE HOUSE

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Just kidding! We razed Silver Sun Republic on Hyperion.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

No idea if the misinformation tactics we employed work but I'm nonetheless going to take all credit for the success of the operation

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

InstantInfidel posted:

No idea if the misinformation tactics we employed work but I'm nonetheless going to take all credit for the success of the operation

no it was me

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Addamere posted:

no it was me

Confirming lyris is full of misinformation

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rust Martialis posted:

Confirming lyris is full of misinformation

Rifters at the sun or stfu

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im glad that a castle finally got destroyed in this game about destroying castles and taking land. how many months before the next one falls?

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss
If we wanted to, we could probably get prepared and do it to another clan next weekend.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fallout posted:

If we wanted to, we could probably get prepared and do it to another clan next weekend.

:getin:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
When we moved to 13, all these guilds were like "gently caress goons" and kept talking about how they were going to burn our huts down

Instead, there are so many enemy grave markers around our fob it lags the game. :wooper:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

When we moved to 13, all these guilds were like "gently caress goons" and kept talking about how they were going to burn our huts down

Instead, there are so many enemy grave markers around our fob it lags the game. :wooper:

This sounds like the quintessential pvp game goon experience.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

This sounds like the quintessential pvp game goon experience.

He said enemy grave markers, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
RPS (Rock Paper Shotgun, like Kotaku, but somehow worse in every way if that was possible)

Did a "review" of LiF that involved never leaving the tutorial island.

Stunning. :v: