Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
During work today I had to spend about 20 or so minutes working on a spreadsheet

During those 20 minutes, I was thinking about work and not about how the Eagles won the Super Bowl

Worst 20 minutes of my day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The high-five is actually purposeful. When they run mesh, it ensures the receivers are not close enough to each other, but 5o ensure they don't run into each other. It's cool looking too.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I watched the game again and caught a little detail where Amendola caught the ball on the sideline and was struggling for extra yards forever (but not down) and finally got the ball stripped out by a defender, upon which the whistle was immediately blown with no apparent controversy about whether he'd fumbled being discussed by Collinsworth and co. (and no replay.)

:thunk:

Well that's my story!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Zwabu posted:

I watched the game again and caught a little detail where Amendola caught the ball on the sideline and was struggling for extra yards forever (but not down) and finally got the ball stripped out by a defender, upon which the whistle was immediately blown with no apparent controversy about whether he'd fumbled being discussed by Collinsworth and co. (and no replay.)

:thunk:

Well that's my story!

I saw that live. He was really close to the sideline so I figured he probably put a bit of toe over at some point during the struggle.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
That fumble was one of those WE BLEW THE WHISTLES HES DOWN even though none might have been blown followed by pats saying 'lol crybabies kiss the rings' etc

It'd be brought up if the eagles lost but since the pats lost it's one of many blown calls never to be mentioned again.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I went to a new site today and the guy is a redskins fan.

Very good day.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

oldgoatmon posted:

That fumble was one of those WE BLEW THE WHISTLES HES DOWN even though none might have been blown followed by pats saying 'lol crybabies kiss the rings' etc

It'd be brought up if the eagles lost but since the pats lost it's one of many blown calls never to be mentioned again.

It looked bad live

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It looked bad live

I said it was a blown call it's just not allowed to be discussed since we won therefore all the questionable calls that can be mentioned are benefiting the eagles

the potential PI on the hail mary? Fine. The like 10 not called ones by the pats all game? NAHHHHHHH They wouldn't have mattered anyway because something something

In the end you just have to smile at it all and finally get to enjoy this

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm agreeing with you that ball was being ripped and in fact was on the ground while he was held up

https://youtu.be/uJkVwdDn-ng

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm agreeing with you that ball was being ripped and in fact was on the ground while he was held up

https://youtu.be/uJkVwdDn-ng

The defender stepped out of bounds multiple times before he rips the ball out. It's a dead play

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

oldgoatmon posted:

In the end you just have to smile at it all and finally get to enjoy this

While rubbing a small Lombardi trophy

"oh i was distracted polishing my Super Bowl 52 Championship Trophy, what was that again?"

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Maybe the best thing to come out of the game

https://streamable.com/tj4e6

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

The defender stepped out of bounds multiple times before he rips the ball out. It's a dead play

Being connected to the defender makes you out of bounds? This sport is weird

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

No, but a player who touches the ball who is out of bounds stops the play. He can't have ripped the ball out without touching it, so the play is dead

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yep, same reason this:

Was an illegal kick off out of bounds.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Yep, same reason this:

Was an illegal kick off out of bounds.

Also, man that's a rule that should be changed on kickoffs. If your freaking kicker can down a ball by the sideline like that on a kickoff without it going OOB you should be rewarded, not penalized like that. Should be illegal touching by the receiving team, 5 yards spot of foul. (and this is why the NFL rulebook is 800 pages long)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I was watching a Guns highlight clip on youtube and this scenario caused one of his long winded explanations

TNF Charger-Raiders game a few years back

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's good to know and exactly why I post here.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Kalli posted:

Also, man that's a rule that should be changed on kickoffs. If your freaking kicker can down a ball by the sideline like that on a kickoff without it going OOB you should be rewarded, not penalized like that. Should be illegal touching by the receiving team, 5 yards spot of foul. (and this is why the NFL rulebook is 800 pages long)

OTOH, this particular instance kinda falls under the "that poo poo was cool, I'll allow it" rule I keep wanting but know will never happen.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

whypick1 posted:

OTOH, this particular instance kinda falls under the "that poo poo was cool, I'll allow it" rule I keep wanting but know will never happen.

Counterpoint: the Packers did it in that specific instance referenced therefore it is neither cool nor good

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/961412054367309824

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So I'm assuming he's paying the janitor hazard pay for picking up all that poo poo, right?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a new study bible! posted:

Maybe the best thing to come out of the game

https://streamable.com/tj4e6
pro-click

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Brady probably really hates Malcolm at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqY6XGz90H0

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpv3jqmYRjk

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
^^ Just finished watching that. Malcolm Jenkins was prophetic

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

piss tape israel posted:

^^ Just finished watching that. Malcolm Jenkins was prophetic

I love Malcom so much.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

That was so loving awesome.

I need to reserve some time to re-watch the whole game. It'll probably be a lot less nerve-wracking the second time around! :v:

This was also my first time seeing a whole game mic'd up like this. The Eagles D figured out exactly what the Pats halftime adjustment was: "Gronk is exploiting the seams". Makes the whole myth around teams not figuring out halftime adjustments seem kinda silly. The players knew what they were doing, but they weren't able to stop it.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

axeil posted:

That was so loving awesome.

I need to reserve some time to re-watch the whole game. It'll probably be a lot less nerve-wracking the second time around! :v:

This was also my first time seeing a whole game mic'd up like this. The Eagles D figured out exactly what the Pats halftime adjustment was: "Gronk is exploiting the seams". Makes the whole myth around teams not figuring out halftime adjustments seem kinda silly. The players knew what they were doing, but they weren't able to stop it.

Rewatching made me appreciate Foles' performance all the more. He made every kind of throw. Touch lobs over the coverage. Zippy throws between defenders. Long bomb. And a lot on high pressure third and fourth downs.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

The look Pederson gives Foles when he calls for "Philly Philly" is amazing.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22_j6Aon6ok

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CyberPingu posted:

The look Pederson gives Foles when he calls for "Philly Philly" is amazing.

He looked like a President authorizing a commando raid in an action movie.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My boss is a Pats fan and scheduled a meeting for this morning. As if I didn't want to leave this company enough already...

I'd probably still go in anyway because I have way too much poo poo to get done :sweatdrop:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Go in and just mention the following in sentences:

Dropping the ball
Getting sacked
Getting torched.

Losing the Superbowl.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CyberPingu posted:

Go in and just mention the following in sentences:

Dropping the ball
Getting sacked
Getting torched.

Losing the Superbowl.
Lost to a backup QB?!?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

C-Euro posted:

My boss is a Pats fan and scheduled a meeting for this morning. As if I didn't want to leave this company enough already...

I'd probably still go in anyway because I have way too much poo poo to get done :sweatdrop:

You're a Lions fan, right?

If he knows that you just gotta tell him your team didn't lose to Nick Foles

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/stefenwiz61/status/961587178253012994

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

You can get FREE MONEY from the government, and I call tell you how!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm at the parade

It's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I asked Philly Superfan Parking Lot attendant if he was going to the parade

He was like "Nah, the people at the parade are gonna be pissy and complaining about how hard it is to get anywhere and how they can't see anything. My people were out there Sunday night"

• Locked thread