Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

a good reason to replace imprecise sauce dispensing humans with robots

No. They're already using pre-portioned condiment guns. The business is fundamentally flawed, even if they poo poo on the human employees they'd still be a bad restaurant.

Having finished the episode, God bless Alana for stepping up and saying "No."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Prediction: the Han Solo movie will get mixed to negative reviews from critics, but Mitch will say it's actually good.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I can not remember a Disney movie with as much negative hype as Solo.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Know Such Peace posted:

I can not remember a Disney movie with as much negative hype as Solo.

A lot of people expected Guardians of the Galaxy to fail, and Ant Man had a lot of negative press for the Edgar Wright stuff but yeah, it wasn't this bad

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
On today's Hollywood Handbook they reveal that Mitch backed out of doing the show this week at the last minute because he went to the Super Bowl. I was already bracing myself for Spoonman's hot takes for the next 6 months, but now they're going to be even hotter.

https://twitter.com/BDayBoysMitch/status/959525768421285888

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Ok that's just trolling.

On the other hand, I listened to the star wars commentary and didn't find Mitch that wrong. I mean, the movie gets embarrassing when Han Solo shows up. That wacky pirate and monster scene ...

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I don’t really care what anyone thinks about Star Wars but if I did there’s like 5000 movie podcasts.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

crimedog posted:

Ok that's just trolling.

On the other hand, I listened to the star wars commentary and didn't find Mitch that wrong. I mean, the movie gets embarrassing when Han Solo shows up. That wacky pirate and monster scene ...

He's had a few years to back his way into some actual criticisms to justify his initial nerd rage.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

most of his complaints are valid, it's a mediocre movie. i just find "angry film nerd mitch" to be painful to listen to.

getting mad about popular media is behavior that should be discouraged

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
An hour on toast huh

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Spoeank posted:

An hour on toast huh
erin whitehead is a treasure

i think i'd care less about mitch getting mad about space movies if i weren't legitimately worried about his mental wellbeing

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

JethroMcB posted:

On today's Hollywood Handbook they reveal that Mitch backed out of doing the show this week at the last minute because he went to the Super Bowl. I was already bracing myself for Spoonman's hot takes for the next 6 months, but now they're going to be even hotter.

https://twitter.com/BDayBoysMitch/status/959525768421285888

"If you're saying to yourself 'they should get out of Mitch's pocket, stop talking about the money he's spending', I've got something to tell you.... Mitch probably agrees!"

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
I'm very glad mitch spent 3000 to go see the patriots lose.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mitch's decision making and the way people treat him makes a lot more sense if he actually has a terminal illness

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

cams posted:

mitch's decision making and the way people treat him makes a lot more sense if he actually has a terminal illness

He does have a terminal illness, "The Doughboy's Podcast"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Gluten free toast? Is that even real toast?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I was wondering if they would address the grilled cheese/toast thing and I'm glad they delivered.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Snow kands? Snokins? Snoke hands?

Popete posted:

Gluten free toast? Is that even real toast?

you can get gluten free bread. I think they make it out of card board and sawdust.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It is very difficult but can be done, not entirely satisfactorily.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i've decided to copy Nick and start saying "brew-dog" with an uncertain level of irony

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

little munchkin posted:

i've decided to copy Nick and start saying "brew-dog" with an uncertain level of irony
I frequently frequent this establishment as a patron for a chance to expose some verbiage 'ribbing' with my comrades https://www.brewdog.com/bars/worldwide/kungsholmen and cannot help but think of my audio companion Nick Wiger

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Mitch sheepishly suggesting that Los Angeles maybe - just maybe - might have better Mexican food over New York was primo Mike Mitchell.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
New Yorkers angerly inisisting they have good Mexican food is one of my favorite New Yorker things. Bonus if they point at their (mostly South American) Latino immigrant population.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i like the part where mitch went "i COULD make good points and be smart, i just choose not to."

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

cams posted:

i like the part where mitch went "i COULD make good points and be smart, i just choose not to."

Tbf this is true of a lot of contrarians

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"it's a a lot of fun to watch you guys talk yourselves in to being friends."

sums up the show fairly well

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

He pointed out that we don't know the last name of one of the characters, what more do you want

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

When the guest started talking about charisma, and pop stars, and how you can just play pop music and people will just start dancing, because of the infectious charismatic nature of the singer, was the longest windup to the least convincing compliment I've heard. It's not that I think he was insincere, just that he was crazy.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I love that Mitch can thoughtfully and maturely rationalize blowing thousands to see his team lose the Super Bowl because ultimately it was about the great experience he had with a longtime friend but also be furious that a movie trilogy didn’t reveal every secret in the first installment.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
for a lark I went back and listened to the Rogue One episode where mitch picks the movie apart almost as bad as he does for Force Awakens and TLJ, and yet decides it's a Good Movie because it "feels like Star Wars"

basically mitch.gif:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dave Mathews Band and cheering for the Patriots in Minneapolis is about the whitest weekend imaginable.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Rogue One is good because it has Darth Vader who has a defined power level

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mitch (loudly): I AM YOUR FRIEND

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
If anyone was looking for more Bug Mane action he's on Podcast the Ride for the Great Movie Ride episode . He's on as Bugsy Malone because of course he is.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I listened to both Mitch and Nick's episodes of Podcast: The Ride last week. Nick is extremely on-brand in his appearance as he's there to talk about the Mickey & Friends parking garage at Disneyland (Though the best part is when he says that Mitch will reflexively hate anything based on an IP that wasn't around when he was a child.)

Unmature
May 9, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

I listened to both Mitch and Nick's episodes of Podcast: The Ride last week. Nick is extremely on-brand in his appearance as he's there to talk about the Mickey & Friends parking garage at Disneyland (Though the best part is when he says that Mitch will reflexively hate anything based on an IP that wasn't around when he was a child.)

They really rip into Mitch on that episode.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

today on the double, the guest asks mitch what he'd be doing on valentine's if he had a date.

edit: this episode ends with nick and mitch trying to fit their fists in their mouths. worth the 1.25$ i paid to listen

cams fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 13, 2018

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mitch ribbing Wiger about the chocolate guide is fantastic Wiger meltdown.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

ZOUKS! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

can't wait for the boys to explain what a twitter hashtag is