Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

caberham posted:

I can take down 1 v 1 Maiev as Jaina, or even Gaz. Well at least, hold my own lane and survive.

But rhetorically speaking, how often do you and should you duel? And when you do, for how long?

The umbral tether is what really scares me about Maiev. For team fights, it's really easy for her to land grabs and teleport to the backline harassing the healers and squishies.

Depends on the ELO and team comp I'd say. If Maeiv doesn't have a healer nearby, feel free to duel as much as you want since she doesn't have any self-sustain. At the very least she'll be less scary than she would be at full health. That said, if she has a teammate hiding in a bush she might just tether you to your death.

Honestly though, it's unlikely you'll gank Maeiv without some hard cc and some help. She is just too slippery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Also not worth dueling most of the time. Not to whine but a pet peeve of mine is not to stall time and make efficient plays. Lane trading and or juking each other is just a waste of time (unless that's your goal, to stall the enemy and zone).

A 2 v 2 fight is way more meaningful than a 1 v 1. Two heroes mean more CC's, bursts, ganks, or whatever play setup than someone moving around for their ult or whatever

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Putting damage on a solo laner with no sustain is good.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 8, 2018

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I just got paired up as Maeiv vs Lost Vikings.
Dreams come true.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
While Maiev does seem really strong, I've had a fun time today as Blaze when they try to W or ult me. I'm not trapped here with you, it's you that's trapped with me.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I had fun against her as etc too, just knock her back once she grabs your teammate.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

lucifirius posted:

Reducing her range would be a good change, maybe make it the same as Tychus.

Tychus has 4.5 range, so that would be the same as Tychus.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I actually kind of wonder if it's possible to have damage falloff in this game and implement on her AAs. If she max range someone she sorta tickles, if she gets close on someone she shreds like normal. This also kind of puts her in line with how she plays in Overwatch as well.
It's definitely possible. The problem is that the Heroes team likes to keep certain mechanics on the backburner to save for other heroes to keep them feeling unique, and as far as I know that's being saved for someone who uses Shotguns. Whether that's Blackthorne or Reaper is a mystery.

quote:

What gets me about Tracer isn't that she's some uncounterable god, because she really does have some brutal hard ones against her, it's just that if you don't have any of those picks you are hosed. Like to the point where picking a tank that isn't taunt Varian or a ranged that isn't Greymane or something is just too risky when Tracer is open. It feels like games just get decided on draft with her, which is never a good thing. It's also why QM has become basically unplayable over time.
Yeah if you don't have any of the hard counters to Tracer you either get to play ultra cautiously at all times for the entire match or pray that the person who picked her is loving awful.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Well, that was indeed a quick match.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Cavelcade posted:

Ahh, the sylv+won first objective powercombo.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Cavelcade posted:

look at this disgusting sylvanas player

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Not sure how people are winning so much as Maev. I feel like people have learned to not clump up for your Q and to just charge and kill you if you tether anyone. Especially against mage-heavy teams like Li Ming/KT + Tracer I get absolutely wrecked.

Did have a couple good matches where people *did* clump us which was nice. But seems pretty dependent on happening upon an enemy team that does your work for you.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Because Maiev still punishes team fights on maps where the objective is a tiny space.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Come on qm gimme that infernal shrines! Daddy needs a new Q reset

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
A public service announcement: when you're playing on Haunted Mines, don't let Murky and Sylvanas freely push a lane with only Abathur attempting to defend against them for seven uninterrupted minutes.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Thank you that single Hero League game I played a few weeks ago.

Also got Dehaka to level 5. Went from some of the worst most embarrassing games I've ever played to getting MVP.

Also I unwrapped Junkrat from my first event box. This game can be nice sometimes.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Kai Tave posted:

A public service announcement: when you're playing on Haunted Mines, don't let Murky and Sylvanas freely push a lane with only Abathur attempting to defend against them for seven uninterrupted minutes.

what... what mmr does this happen at? I'm inclined to say that any game where this could feasibly happen there is zero percent chance that abathur player could be good.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My legendary box was a Tyrael skin duplicate for a Tyrael I don't own. Thanks blizz

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rerolls are a thing.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Olaf The Stout posted:

what... what mmr does this happen at? I'm inclined to say that any game where this could feasibly happen there is zero percent chance that abathur player could be good.

If Hotslogs is to be believed I exist somewhere in the gold MMR range. I wouldn't blame the Abathur, I'd blame the rest of his team who let me and Sylvanas have the bottom lane all to ourselves until we basically killed a fort for free and the rest of the game was an utterly lopsided stomp from that point as we took every camp like clockwork and completely ignored the objective until gg.

They really need to institute some sort of revision to how the objective works on Haunted Mines. The Abathur's team had gathered all the skulls from the smaller creeps but if they went to go kill the big golem it would have let us either A). push for free or B). go and gank them. Consequently actually trying to complete the objective would have placed them at a disadvantage and we had no incentive go to and complete it ourselves at that point for a 20-something skull golem to their 70-something skull golem. As a result the objective went uncompleted all game. Just instituting a countdown timer or something where after X minutes the golems spawn regardless of how may skulls were gathered and anyone with 0 skulls gets nothing would actually encourage people to go down and fight in the mines on purpose and lend some actual strategic weight to the point of the map.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

SirSamVimes posted:

Rerolls are a thing.

Yup, just yesterday I rerolled an epic chest two times until I got a legendary, 2x epic, 1x common chest. Got myself a lunar doggie as the legendary, who I have found to be a very good boy. The common was also an event item, so that was nice.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

SirSamVimes posted:

Rerolls are a thing.

Yep, wasted an extra 3k gold to get yet another duplicate.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Rerolls are a thing.

Thanks for the reminder. Rerolled some crappy illidan skin and got Ana

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Another reminder: you can save stim packs for later. If you open a loot box and get a stim pack, before you click accept or reroll, alt + f4.

You can log back on, open other kinds of loot boxes (e.g. if you opened a stim in a normal loot box, you can open rare, event, or Arthas boxes), and keep playing.

I have this bad boy waiting for the weekend to start :dance:

e: and I still have my HL apology legendary box. This one was a zagara chest :D

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I bought the golden rooster. Really dumb I still don't own blaze or maiev but it's so so so good. My favorite mount ez and it goes with so much, lots of outfits have gold in them.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

My placements put me into Gold 1 in Team League and Master in Hero League. Seems legit

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Almost like... there are differences between the two game modes.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

What's the difference

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Your av is a bit on the nose.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Did you by chance notice that when you played Team League you were in a party with one or more other players, and when you played Hero League you were not?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

To be honest the only thing I pay attention to in this game is farming up a sick Hero Damage score for the inevitable end of the game so I can take all the credit for our victory, or alternatively, absolve myself of all blame when we lose

With this strategy, you too can be a master/gold1 player in no time

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm just trying to look at the mini map during games now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

kater posted:

Thank you that single Hero League game I played a few weeks ago.

Also got Dehaka to level 5. Went from some of the worst most embarrassing games I've ever played to getting MVP.

Also I unwrapped Junkrat from my first event box. This game can be nice sometimes.

I got 3 legendaries in a chest and all three of them are tints I didn't own but never wanted.

I wish I could hate you to death. :mad:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

BrianBoitano posted:

Another reminder: you can save stim packs for later. If you open a loot box and get a stim pack, before you click accept or reroll, alt + f4.

You can log back on, open other kinds of loot boxes (e.g. if you opened a stim in a normal loot box, you can open rare, event, or Arthas boxes), and keep playing.

I have this bad boy waiting for the weekend to start :dance:

e: and I still have my HL apology legendary box. This one was a zagara chest :D

Are you SERIOUS?! I blew those stimpacks for nothing... :negative:

They need to let you bank stimpacks, at least temporarily. :colbert:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
New patch! (Maiev nerf)
https://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21508378/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-february-09-2018-2-9-2018
Stats

Basic Attack Damage reduced from 162 to 150
Base Maximum Health increased from 2150 to 2236
Health Regeneration increased from 4.48 to 4.66

Abilities

Fan of Knives (Q)
Damage decreased from 180 to 170
Vault of the Wardens (D)
No longer grants passive Armor

Talents

Level 1
Naisha’s Memento (Active)
Bounces no longer deal bonus damage
Level 16
Armored Assault (Passive)
Physical Damage bonus decreased from 35 to 25%
Now activates if Maiev has any amount of bonus Armor

Developer Comment: Maiev has arrived in the Nexus and seems to be obliterating her foes (as she should) but is slightly deadlier than we intended. The Warden’s survivability is currently too high, which allows her to get tons of resets on Fan of Knives while ignoring enemy threats. To address this, we’re removing her armor gain from Vault of the Wardens, while slightly lowering her damage output so that she has to stick around in the fight a little longer to take down her opponents. After these changes, we’ll continue to keep an eye on Maiev to be sure that she has enough survivability to perform her melee Assassin role, without it feeling like her enemies have little-to-no options for counterplay

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Maiev's win rate will PLUMMET to 59%... is this a troll? :psyduck:

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 9, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I figured they would do an emergency patch for her. No way this patch was getting to HGC in a couple weeks

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Midnightghoul posted:

I figured they would do an emergency patch for her. No way this patch was getting to HGC in a couple weeks

Even if it did, usually the new hero isn't allowed for a week anyways.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Kyrosiris posted:

Even if it did, usually the new hero isn't allowed for a week anyways.
New heroes are not allowed in HGC for two weeks after release.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gobbeldygook posted:

New heroes are not allowed in HGC for two weeks after release.

Oh, is it two? Been a while, my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Maiev still my Waifu those changes aren’t too bad.