Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

botany posted:

so dwarves have been OP for how long now? why exactly has this not been fixed by now?

Chill my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Could be worse, could be spies deck, think that one has been around longer :v:

I'm kidding of course, but someone will always hate whatever is popular and blame development for the blindness, regardless of what is actually happening, and it will continue to be played by most players who just want to win / beat people using that deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The game's been pretty rough for the last month and a half. If this is what the game will always be like it has no future and it will be more or less dead in a few months.

I prefer to imagine that the dwarves metagame of the past month and a half was not representative of what we'll see going forward.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 5, 2018

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Impera Enforcers should be "do 2 damage, repeat whenever a spy appears" along the lines of Mangonels. This retroactive attacking thing is dumb as poo poo.

Edit: Ditto the guards.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 5, 2018

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Yeah, against a Shupe deck with no removal! Pretty much any other deck can shut it down. They're definitely better now they aren't Doomed.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
What are some solid decks for a newbie to try and build for? I got 2x Farseers and 3x uhh +1 hand power horse guys, but other than that I dunno what I'm doing. I'm reading the new player guide but it hasn't been updated since December so I wonder how much of it's outdated by now.

Also, is there a website that will hook into your owned cards database and let you browse it online? It'd be cool to fiddle with deck possibilities while I'm at work

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 6, 2018

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Well. In the meantime I took a screenshot of my current card collection: https://imgur.com/a/hZ8gZ

I've got almost 600 scrap, so I bet I could make a pretty reasonable deck; only problem is I have no idea what. Any suggestions?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

You could build a basic handbuff deck with some of your scoiatel cards if you crafted some elven swordmasters and hawker supports. It wouldn't be top competitive tier, but would do ok as a starter. The idea is simple, build value over time with vrihedd dragoon plus farseer, finish them off with buffs stacked on swordmasters or toruviel, and the opponent won't always know how much strength toruviel has face down. Francesca also lets you swap a card out and fetch a buffed swordmaster.

Francesca
Lambert, Saksia: Destroyer, Geralt, Royal Decree
Commander's Horn, Cleaver, Dudu, Yaevin, Toruviel, Ciaran
3x Hawker Support
3x Vrihedd Dragoon
3x Swordmaster
3x Farseer
3x Elven Wardancer

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Thanks! That's really helpful. And for sure I don't expect to be t1 comptetitive on a deck of uhh maybe 500 scrap all told.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah I mean, just get your daily 6 wins at least and open your kegs. As you get better golds it'll be easier to build better decks. Don't scrap duplicates right now because nerfed cards will allow you to scrap for full value

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Knowlue posted:

Yeah I mean, just get your daily 6 wins at least and open your kegs. As you get better golds it'll be easier to build better decks. Don't scrap duplicates right now because nerfed cards will allow you to scrap for full value

i've always disagreed with this sort of minmaxing approach. unless you know that a patch is just around the corner, in my opinion you're better off just scrapping cards so you can make your deck better. i'd rather miss out on some scrap down the line if it means i don't get annoyed everytime i look at my deck during a game and think that i'm missing out on a card substitution that could seriously help.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

botany posted:

i've always disagreed with this sort of minmaxing approach. unless you know that a patch is just around the corner, in my opinion you're better off just scrapping cards so you can make your deck better. i'd rather miss out on some scrap down the line if it means i don't get annoyed everytime i look at my deck during a game and think that i'm missing out on a card substitution that could seriously help.

Which would be a stronger argument if there wasn't a patch due at the end of Ranked in 16 hours.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Seedge posted:

Which would be a stronger argument if there wasn't a patch due at the end of Ranked in 16 hours.

that's why i specifically said "unless you know that a patch is just around the corner". i've seen people here tell people not to scrap as a general rule, not because a patch is coming right up. my point was more general.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

botany posted:

that's why i specifically said "unless you know that a patch is just around the corner". i've seen people here tell people not to scrap as a general rule, not because a patch is coming right up. my point was more general.

Fair.

Hey, did you know there's a patch real soon.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

IIRC I remember Burza saying that they were going to fix the ladder. I want to push for rank 20 but I just don't feel like I have enough time for that last 190 points. The grind this season has been rough

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, I normally slowly cruise to rank 19 ish, but I only got to 15 or so this season, and I think the gap between the for fun decks I'm playing and the competition is too steep for me to want to try more than that.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

For the first time in 4 season I finally have attained rank 20!!! I only had to befriend the #2 ranked gwent player and learning his secret deck and strats. Also a shitton of late night grinding that involved an early win streak of about 10 or so games then a loss as soon as I was about to get to rank 20 for a couple matches until I got a lucky break.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah i got up to 3800 this season by doing dailies and i have zero intention of pushing to 4k.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

If the season was a bit longer I'd get rank 20 and Roche. But since it isn't I won't. Rip

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
did the season start just get delayed again for no reason? i checked in a while ago, it said half an hour to go, i checked in half an hour later, it said two hours. man.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/pawelburza/status/961609465404510211

lmao this game company

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Maybe we'll get free kegs

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Knowlue posted:

Maybe we'll get free kegs

lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is the game good again?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

frajaq posted:

is the game good again?

game hasn't been patched yet, so no

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayGwent/status/961666103192834048

Yeah, rip

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

https://playgwent.com/en/news/15081/patch-is-now-available

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

"Restore is played in every Skellige deck"... can the devs actually be surprised by this?

Enforcers got murdered, ha ha ha.

Most importantly, full mill value list:

quote:

Commander's Horn
Bone Talisman
Aglaïs
Iorveth: Meditation
Slyzard
Monster Nest
Slave Driver
Summoning Circle
Shani
Hym
Dwarven Skirmisher
Stammelford's Tremor
Dwarven Agitator
Mahakam Guard
Elven Scout
Doppler
Ciri: Nova
Berserker Marauder
Slave Infantry
Half-Elf Hunter
Restore
Ointment
Impera Enforcers
Avallac'h

Also making premiums is 50% off. I have 15000 meteorite powder but idk what to make. I could do all of the leaders i guess... i'd still have 11k left over.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Feb 9, 2018

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

No Wave posted:

"Restore is played in every Skellige deck"... can the devs actually be surprised by this?

Enforcers got murdered, ha ha ha.

Most importantly, full mill value list:

Also making premiums is 50% off. I have 15000 meteorite powder but idk what to make. I could do all of the leaders i guess... i'd still have 11k left over.

Do all leaders then make your decks premium, then do other Golds?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That'd be something, but no.

Making gold henselt i finally noticed there's a lady (sorceress?) being tortured next to him. Guess that's an NR theme.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Well its a theme within the witcher 3 as sorceresses are heavily persecuted

In any case, my recommendation is make cards with cool premiums or cards you enjoy playing.

Ves
Borkh
Vilgefortz
Ciri:Nova
Any create card since the other card is also premium
Hym

There are others of course

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Scorch premium is great, as are d bomb and, somehow, decoy. My favorite silver premium is aeliren.

Royal Decree has a terrible animation but I play the card an awful lot so I made it.

This is a great excuse to make premium silvers, as they feel really expensive to make normally (3/4 the price of a gold). They're still 3/4 of a gold ofc, but they're on sale!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

No Wave posted:

Making gold henselt i finally noticed there's a lady (sorceress?) being tortured next to him. Guess that's an NR theme.

It's Sabrina

No Wave posted:

Oops double post

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Are leader board position rewards by region or global?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Shupe's Bizarre Adventure got its name changed to Shupe's Day Off

gently caress this game, I'm done

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Darke GBF posted:

Shupe's Bizarre Adventure got its name changed to Shupe's Day Off

gently caress this game, I'm done

uninstalled

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

2.8 GB for the update wtf

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Impera Enforcers nerf has me turgid.

gently caress those machine guns. Let them die.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

I love when they nerf a bunch of bronze cards at once. I got 1700 scrap from dwarves alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

What changed about Doppler and Avallach? They're full Mill but I don't see why.