Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko

Lizard Wizard posted:

i got me some xbox games

I marathoner baldurs gate dark alliance 1 with my dad when i was 13. Also Enter the matrix is really fun i loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Dark Souls 2 : SOTFS has got me back in it. I'm ALMOST at Vendrick and it's gonna rule so hard when I'm finally free of this prison. (Before I start jonesin' and start up DS3, but hey)

Also bought Titanfall 2 for like ten bux :10bux:

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

darth_pizza posted:

Dark Souls 2 : SOTFS has got me back in it. I'm ALMOST at Vendrick and it's gonna rule so hard when I'm finally free of this prison.

lol

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I take back the nice things I said about redbox, they don't have Monster Hunter World or Dragon Ball Z Fighterz at the moment.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Jolo posted:

I take back the nice things I said about redbox, they don't have Monster Hunter World or Dragon Ball Z Fighterz at the moment.

As in out of stock at your local box or Redbox hasn't any anywhere?

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
hey BYOB people who play video games!

I'm gonna start following through with that whole streaming old video games thing. If anyone wants to see something old that they may or may not have seen before, or to watch someone of average skill challenge a variety of old games and flounder about like an American kachou; stay tuned over the next few days for details of my first marathon! It's looking like Kirby's Adventure to start :haw:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
kirby's adventure... AWWWW YEAH!

Starman Super DX

Olive! posted:

kirby's adventure... AWWWW YEAH!

Kirby's Adventure is a childhood favorite of mine and the first video game I've ever beaten. it holds an incredibly special place in my :love:

Tell me more!

Scaly Haylie

I might not be able to catch it live, but archive it if you can!

Starman Super DX

Lizard Wizard posted:

I might not be able to catch it live, but archive it if you can!

I'll try to! I'm new to this whole streaming thing but I figured that if I want to play video games and people want to watch video games I can at least fulfill the first role. I want to try to keep putting it up regularly for different adventures (until it becomes apparent that nobody is paying attention) so stay tuned :)

Some games off the top of my head (and staring at my games shelf) I would like to see myself stream as things stand now (be wary difficulty and length may be a factor in what I choose:

Kirby's Adventure
Toejam & Earl (1 & 2???)
Vectorman
Axelay
Super Bomberman
Dynamite Headdy
Mickey & Minnie Mouse: The Great Circus Mystery

...and many more!

I might also ask for special guest goons to join me in jolly co-operation if they should so choose!

Tell me more!

Scaly Haylie

Oh man. If you do Headdy, I highly suggest keeping savestates at the beginning of each level.

Twenty Four

Starman Super DX posted:

Toejam & Earl 1

This is the only game I recognize from that list so, yup!

Though to be fair nothing happens in that game even if it is fun and after like 2 minutes it is all worked out.

Jolo

TVsVeryOwn posted:

As in out of stock at your local box or Redbox hasn't any anywhere?

The Redbox in the town south of us had MH so I drove there and got one. I don't think any anywhere have Dragon Ball right now.

As for MHW, I spent an hour making my dude and my cat before sleeping last night.

Koishi Komeiji

Starman Super DX posted:

hey BYOB people who play video games!

I'm gonna start following through with that whole streaming old video games thing. If anyone wants to see something old that they may or may not have seen before, or to watch someone of average skill challenge a variety of old games and flounder about like an American kachou; stay tuned over the next few days for details of my first marathon! It's looking like Kirby's Adventure to start :haw:

I can't wait to chastise you in chat for not being perfect! :w00t:

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I don't hun mons, but this sequence is cool and good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtApeUWXEUo

His name is Meowscular Chef

Starman Super DX

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oh man. If you do Headdy, I highly suggest keeping savestates at the beginning of each level.

I wanna say that on cartridge I managed to get past Twin Freaks but not much further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8Mm8h0__s

Tell me more!

Scaly Haylie

Starman Super DX posted:

I wanna say that on cartridge I managed to get past Twin Freaks but not much further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8Mm8h0__s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTYxBY2VwO8

fridge corn

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Koishi Komeiji posted:

What is the most cringiest thing you have ever seen in a video game?

Whatever you're thinking of isn't as bad as the ending credits to Eternal Sonata:
:nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcP6niffmJs:nms:

anime

Starman Super DX

Tonight at 9pm EST I'm going to be playing Kirby's Adventure for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It's my first one and I'm still getting stuff together so tonight's challenges should be simple ones:

-Complete Kirby's Adventure before passing out [SUCCESS]
-Get 100% by finding all of the secret switches/completing every level (I'll be looking these up for the sake of my lovely memory more than anything) [FAILURE]

Do I have the stamina to power through one of my all time favorites all at once? Tune in tonight!

e: if it wasn't obvious, my signature now contains a shameless advertisement for my stream- I'll make a note of when it goes live both here and in the signature for those interested. I'll also attempt a recording as well.

Welp, the game is beaten. By about Yogurt Yard though I started to fall behind on the secrets though so Challenge #2 is an utter failure. I forgot how much backtracking you needed to do in order to get all of the switches.

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 5, 2018

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

The stream will commence shortly, will amend this message once I've gotten started. One moment please...
HERE WE GO

It's over! Check around for the next. Thanks for watching!

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 5, 2018

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

Wednesday Thursday night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzriqGUuojE

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 7, 2018

Tell me more!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Did you end up winning Kirby?

Starman Super DX

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Did you end up winning Kirby?

I did! I defeated the Nightmare but unfortunately missed the rest of the secrets :( I forgot how much back tracking you had to do in order to get the later secrets and I was so exhausted I ended up skipping them

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 7, 2018

Tell me more!

limaCAT

il pistone e male
Go buy and play Thimbleweed Park

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
To busy playing the endless space game with broken teleporting ships that steal other ships instead of blowing them up.

----------------

limaCAT

il pistone e male

drilldo squirt posted:

To busy playing the endless space game with broken teleporting ships that steal other ships instead of blowing them up.

Lol star citizen will never come out dude but I really hope you still enjoy the beta.

----------------

TOOT BOOT

Sure he isn't playing the actual game Endless Space or its sequel?

drilldo squirt

limaCAT posted:

Lol star citizen will never come out dude but I really hope you still enjoy the beta.

Haha, their is a 4x game called endless space 2 that is out.

----------------

drilldo squirt

TOOT BOOT posted:

Sure he isn't playing the actual game Endless Space or its sequel?

I am, I'm playing the vaulters and they are really good.

----------------

Koishi Komeiji

limaCAT posted:

Go buy and play Thimbleweed Park

What kinda guns do you get to shoot? Do you kill terrorist or aliens? Can you level up your guns?

Starman Super DX

for anyone interested I moved the stream to tomorrow instead of tonight since I had to move some poo poo around.

also, how is Pit People? I only just realized Behemoth put out their newest thing and I'm thinking of picking it up.

Tell me more!

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hey lizard wizard shadow the hedgehog is kind of cool despite itself and you should give that one a spin

full spectrum warrior ten hammers or w/e is kind of an interesting OG xbox game if you can find it

Starman Super DX

I got ahold of a cart of Super Metroid with manual the other day. What a great game. I also came up with an extremely bad joke that's probably been done before.

What did Samus shout at the cheating Space Pirate?

Norfair!!

Tell me more!

Koishi Komeiji

Sometimes I wonder where all my snes carts are these days. When I was a kid I turned them all in to a Funcoland to have money to buy a ps1 back in like 1995. Most of them are probably still out there somewhere. I used to have an original Earthbound cart complete with strategy guide and those scratch and sniff stickers that smell like vomit. That stuff is worth like 700 bucks now. Child me was an idiot I shoulda just mowed lawns or something, oh well.

Koishi Komeiji

In case you don't know what I'm talking about Nintendo Power released a bunch of scratch and sniff stickers to promote Earthbound back in the early 90s and they all smelled horrible.

I can still distinctly remember the smell of the fire dog, he smelled like burning rear end in a top hat. The mole smelled like if dirt could turn rotten. Looking back it was a very effective advertising campaign.

Jolo

I sold my earthbound cartridge for $165 a few years back. I can remember considering buying the earthbound box for $100 or so in order to sell the game, guide, and box for a ton but then I realized I wanted to keep the guide and didn't want to hassle with buying a box for a ridiculous price.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

wearing a lampshade

drilldo squirt posted:

I am, I'm playing the vaulters and they are really good.

I didn't really get into endless space. I've been looking for something to sate my desire for a spiritual successor to space empires 4, and nothing really hits that special spot. I must have wasted several years of my life on that game.

Jolo

speaking of ebay, if you can find a dreamcast and some inexpensive maraca controllers, samba de amigo is a really great time

take the moon

by sebmojo
you guys psyched for EVO? i dont even know what it is but im pretty Hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT

il pistone e male

Koishi Komeiji posted:

What kinda guns do you get to shoot?

There's a gunshot in the opening.

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Do you kill terrorist or aliens?

in the end you technically kill everyone

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Can you level up your guns?

You can level up killer robots by changing their settings.

----------------