Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

I've always maintained that the tears in Doom's eyes are tears of anger that he didn't think of it first.

Juggernaut is also there and he not only thought of it first, but did it first.

http://m-v-b.tumblr.com/post/83532479282/that-time-the-juggernaut-destroyed-the-world-trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I loving love everything about those panels

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

purple death ray posted:

It almost looks like her torso is supposed to be rotated slightly so that the smaller one would be a bit further away but that arm is actually bigger than the other arm so who knows

The torso is definitely meant to be rotated, you can see a shine where the left boob should be. If you look at the torso, it clearly comes from a nude picture of an adult, including the deformed right hand, which appears to be the original model's palm with the fingers clumsily redrawn. Then you can work out the rest of the hatchet job from there; smaller arms and legs have been drawn in place of the originals (except her right arm, which has to reach the giant, mangled palm), the entire left side of her torso has been carved away so her giant ribcage and abs no longer fit, and the weird bulge on her top is the breast of the original model that they just kind of drew a top over and called it a day.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Maybe we should stop bodyshaming teenage girls.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Juggernaut is also there and he not only thought of it first, but did it first.

http://m-v-b.tumblr.com/post/83532479282/that-time-the-juggernaut-destroyed-the-world-trade

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Post Good/Bad Comic Book Art - Stop Posting Liefeld and MacFarlane

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Push El Burrito posted:

Doom would have never knocked over the world trade center. He would have launched it into space.

He should start with something smaller, like a barn...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Trauma posted:

He should start with something smaller, like a barn...

It would be best if Tony got back to Earth and met Thor, who already had Mjolnir and exclaimed, "Well met, friend Iron Man! Thou hast found Thor's croquet mallet!"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

Maybe we should stop bodyshaming teenage girls.

When Marvel draws mid-teens Jubilee looking like this, I think the onus is on them.
This is what I mean by 'bikini model body' that every female character between the ages of 13 and 50 seems to have in Marvel.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jubilee didn't become a vampire until her 20s.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

I've always maintained that the tears in Doom's eyes are tears of anger that he didn't think of it first.

Magneto is just scoffing at it because he's tried to annihilate the human race in so many different ways over the years. "Maybe if they had tried to hit the United States with an Asteroid O or something, then I'd be impressed."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

And inexplicably Franklin Richards is still 10?
Time runs strangely in the marvel universe. Hell, the Marvel wiki doesn't even bother to list ages.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
4:1 (±50%)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Some characters are written as perma-children, some as perma-teens. And all of the adult heroes never seem to reach middle age.
Also, isn't there some unwritten rule that the Fantastic Four has a sliding timeline, so the team always formed ten years ago?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Say Nothing posted:

When Marvel draws mid-teens Jubilee looking like this, I think the onus is on them.
This is what I mean by 'bikini model body' that every female character between the ages of 13 and 50 seems to have in Marvel.

What's up with that Hulk foot? :stonklol:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Say Nothing posted:

There's still the 'thing' where any female over the age of 13 is drawn looking like a professional bikini model.

And children all look like weird midgets.

She looks like a Super Hero Squad Show character.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

She outright says that she's 17 in an issue published after that one. Though I agree that she was probably meant to be an adult in the dumb x-men vs vampires story, just someone else realized that was a bad idea.

Kinda like that whole thing with Squirrel Girl and Wolverine.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No wonder the Marvel wiki doesn't list people's ages if they just keep changing them to fit within whatever storyline they are doing.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Why would they want to list ages?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Age is like, just a state of mind maaaan :350:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Gaunab posted:

Marvel wiki, like all nerd wikis, goes into extreme minutiae about things.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

They are pedantic enough to have heights and weights, age seems like an obvious thing.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
The problem is the goalposts keep shifting. They keep shifting what era people are from. Some people can get away wit this thanks to things in their history. Like Nick Fury has been taking some super-science pills or whatever. Magneto's had this happen multiple times in his history.

Some...don't. So their birth year gets shifted. They re-do the origin somewhat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Black Widow's origin is so nonsensical at this point.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Dick Trauma posted:

What's up with that Hulk foot? :stonklol:

the reference pic probably had high heels on.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Oh my god, you're right. Check the heel - it's literally a square high heel painted in flesh tones.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rumble in the bunghole posted:

And knowing Greg Land, nothing else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Say Nothing posted:

And knowing Greg Land, nothing else.

But that's not by Land?

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Doom would have never knocked over the world trade center. He would have launched it into space.

RIP Space Trade Center

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Looked through the weird old DC comics newly uploaded to Comixology, and this cover is so good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Reading the infinite loop v1 and I'm kinda in love with elsa charretier's art and every girl she draws

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

site posted:

Reading the infinite loop v1 and I'm kinda in love with elsa charretier's art and every girl she draws

That’s lovely.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

It's like if someone cured Bruce Timm of his terminal horniness.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

Is that Ms. Frizzle?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The last panel is gold.

Nick Fury Agent of Shield #2

e: the issue also features an asian-american hero and an african-american villain. Steranko was ahead of his time.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 7, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The last panel was supposed to be Nick and Val hugging but the Comics Code told them to change it (along with some other edits). Making it a gun is way stronger innuendo. Here's the uncensored page:

http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/2013/11/nick-fury-agent-of-shield-jim-steranko.html

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I like the original page too (no uniboob) but the last panel approved by the code is way more suggestive.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If there had been a Nick Fury in the 60s (because there were lots of people trying to get a piece of the James Bond money), who would've been a good Fury? How about Burt Lancaster?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Apparently brando hosed anything that moved give him the role

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Apparently brando hosed anything that moved give him the role
Also things that didn't move.

https://twitter.com/RaeBeta/status/961420765026537474

https://twitter.com/RaeBeta/status/961417833384116224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Wheat Loaf posted:

If there had been a Nick Fury in the 60s (because there were lots of people trying to get a piece of the James Bond money), who would've been a good Fury? How about Burt Lancaster?

James Garner, obviously.