Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Please don't spread lies about Andy being cool. He might hear you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5400311/#Comment_5400311

We have an important Rock Band Network update to share. Unfortunately, ALL RBN songs on ALL legacy consoles (Xbox 360, PlayStation®3, and Nintendo Wii) will no longer be available for purchase from the Rock Band Music Store beginning later this month. As with other delisted content, owners can continue to play previously purchased RBN songs as desired. These songs were never available for purchase or playable in Rock Band 4. All songs available on Rock Band 4 are not affected, regardless of source.

rip :(

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

So long, badly mixed re-record of Semi-Charmed Life

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Pablo Gigante posted:

So long, badly mixed re-record of Semi-Charmed Life

It's so baaaaaaaaaaaaad. Jumper too.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Alright, after years of doing it wrong, I'm trying to do it right and could use a little guidance. (RB3 customs)

I'd like to bundle up all my customs into a pack or two to reduce loading times. I have about 6GB of customs on a flash drive, and another 600 or so songs on the console HDD. I am prepared to painstakingly copy each individual DLC file from the console to the flash drive, but how do I extract and bundle the customs I currently have? I can point the pack creator in C3 CON Tools (huge shoutout to TrojanNemo for creating such a useful tool) but it has a 4GB limit.

Your help is thoroughly appreciated!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Any RNBs I should get?

I already own the excellent Ziltoid album and Clutch songs.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Alright, after years of doing it wrong, I'm trying to do it right and could use a little guidance. (RB3 customs)

I'd like to bundle up all my customs into a pack or two to reduce loading times. I have about 6GB of customs on a flash drive, and another 600 or so songs on the console HDD. I am prepared to painstakingly copy each individual DLC file from the console to the flash drive, but how do I extract and bundle the customs I currently have? I can point the pack creator in C3 CON Tools (huge shoutout to TrojanNemo for creating such a useful tool) but it has a 4GB limit.

Your help is thoroughly appreciated!

Quick answer: use Batch Extractor and Pack Creator and keep track of your folders.

Long, detailed, step-by-step answer:

First, copy the source files onto your USB, then when you dump them onto your PC, make sure you properly label all the folders so you know what goes where. Be sure to sort the packs from the singles, to make it easier to keep track. Also grab the song cache and throw that into Setlist Manager so you have an accurate checklist of what songs you have.

Now dump everything into Batch Extractor. If you feel like, do it in smaller increments, or just one huge folder, it'll take a while regardless.

Once that's done, take the extracted files, and pack them however you choose with Pack Creator. I choose A-Z ranges that fit into 4GB. Because of the quirks of the Pack Creator, you'll need to pre-sort everything into folders before you begin, which honestly is pretty easy, just make sure they're under 4GB. I also like to keep DLC and customs separate, since if something goes wrong with packing customs you can just redownload them and pack them again, but if something goes wrong with DLC then it could be extracting, it could be packing, it could be the source file that has the error, so it's more of a process to find out what happened to it. Once they work, they work, but if they don't then you've got some investigating to do which can take a while.

Anyway, once you've finished making packs, take one, unhook your 360's HDD, and plug in the USB with the pack and Title Update 4. Start up the game and see if it reads all the songs. If yes, add another pack. Repeat until either you notice a song is missing or you have everything. Be very happy that you thought ahead and grabbed the song cache and also didn't delete everything off your HDD right away.

Be warned the process is not quick and easy. Took me a good solid day to do myself, and another week to work out all the bugs. I was also adding in harmonies to old songs so I had another step where things could screw up. I still don't have all the bugs worked out, anyway. "Let Me Entertain You" by Robbie Williams refuses to show it's face no matter what I do, "Cherub Rock" skips a couple of seconds in the intro like a CD which messes up the notes, and at least half the RBN songs I own needed to be redownloaded because they didn't like being in packs.

Speaking of RBN, any particular hidden gems I should grab? I've got around a hundred, which I always thought was a bit of a waste considering the sheer number of tracks released through the system.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Any RNBs I should get?

From my stuff I would recommend the Jerry Naylor songs, Amberian Dawn, Jukebox the Ghost, Dance for the Dying, and Scratching the Itch as some of my favourite bands that released a bunch of stuff that I enjoyed.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Any RNBs I should get?

I think there’s some Johnny Colton songs on there if that’s your bag

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Quick answer: use Batch Extractor and Pack Creator and keep track of your folders.

Long, detailed, step-by-step answer:

Thank you for taking the time to write that out!!

Goodbye free time :gonk:

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I'm not sure packaging songs makes the load times that much, if at all, faster. I guess let us know.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It very definitely does. Sitting through 1000+ files being loaded could take up to a minute. Repacking everything, I trimmed all my DLC down to less than 30 files, it's blink-and-you-miss-it fast. Course the RBN songs and new customs gradually brought that number back up but it's still under 100 which isn't even ten seconds.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
This week's challenge finally got me to buy that Fratelli's pack and drat are they fun

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Does swapping out the hard drive for a SSD improve the load time of lots of small files like customs?

I know people back in the day were saying it didn't really help load times in other games but that was presumably large transfers hampered by SATA2 (and early gen SSDs.)

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

~Coxy posted:

Does swapping out the hard drive for a SSD improve the load time of lots of small files like customs?

I know people back in the day were saying it didn't really help load times in other games but that was presumably large transfers hampered by SATA2 (and early gen SSDs.)

Not sure about 360 customs, but for RB4 on Xbone the answer is no. I recently got an SSD for pubg performance so I moved all my Rock Band files to it as well. It didn’t help poo poo. :smith:

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Well, I cannot wait to sing Brick House. DLC has been pretty good lately...

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Speaking of bundling songs - it seems I deleted some free DLC when I bundled mine. Are the RB2 20 pack and other RB2 era free songs still available for download?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Long shot, but has anyone here using e-drums successfully mapped open and closed hi hat using the hi hat pedal? I really desperately want to play Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, but it's too physically painful.

sidenote, whoever at Harmonix decided open and closed hihat should be on separate pads in the first place should be launched into the sun

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 7, 2018

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Enos Cabell posted:

Long shot, but has anyone here using e-drums successfully mapped open and closed hi hat using the hi hat pedal? I really desperately want to play Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, but it's too physically painful.

sidenote, whoever at Harmonix decided open and closed hihat should be on separate pads in the first place should be launched into the sun

I've seen people rig up a microswitch that would swap the yellow to blue but I don't think any have been actually sold.

post #9 here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/971478-rock-band-3/57370040

edit: maybe it is possible? http://crackedrabbitgaming.com/2017/05/17/how-to-configure-a-roland-td-9-drum-set-for-rock-band-4-including-open-hi-hats/

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 7, 2018

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hmmm, well my drum controller won't let me set individual midi triggers for hi hat open and closed unfortunately, so that second link doesn't look like it's going to work. The micro-switch idea on that first link might just do the trick though.

I suppose worst case scenario I could add one of my old ION cymbals near the hi-hat so I at least don't have to travel so far.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

A whole bunch more delisted songs are available on xbone once again, including Locksley

The Janitors – Get Your Rock On
Les Wampas – Manu Chao
Libyans – Welcome to the Neighborhood
Locksley – All Over Again
Locksley – Don’t Make Me Wait
Locksley – She Does
The Material – Moving to Seattle
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Tell Me Baby
Scars on Broadway – They Say
Silversun Pickups – Sort Of
Snoop Dogg – Snoop’s Upside Ya Head
The Sterns – Supreme Girl
Them Terribles – Bullets & Guns

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Enos Cabell posted:

Personal opinion that's not indicative of Harmonix's authoring standards (I can really only speak to guitar/bass on that front anyway), but I always found it to be less troublesome before cymbals were a thing/if you're playing without them. (playing with cymbals is more fun though)

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Alakaiser posted:

Personal opinion that's not indicative of Harmonix's authoring standards (I can really only speak to guitar/bass on that front anyway), but I always found it to be less troublesome before cymbals were a thing/if you're playing without them. (playing with cymbals is more fun though)

Yeah, I think I'm just frustrated because this is probably the best we're going to get as far as interactive drum software for a while, and it's only about 80% there.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

I suppose worst case scenario I could add one of my old ION cymbals near the hi-hat so I at least don't have to travel so far.

Yeah I think the most common workaround is to put a splitter on your kit and add another cymbal so you basically have two 'blue' cymbals, then you can pretend the left one is open HH and the right one is ride/crash2. I don't remember Saturday Night being that busy for the hands but it sure loves that bass drum.

Kaboobi posted:

A whole bunch more delisted songs are available on xbone once again, including Locksley

For the drum charts: Janitors is dumb as hell but still fun to mindlessly rock out to. Sort Of is just like every other SP song in the game, busy on snare/HH throughout, fun if you like those kind of beats. Them Terribles is a pretty fun beat as well.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Takes No Damage posted:

Yeah I think the most common workaround is to put a splitter on your kit and add another cymbal so you basically have two 'blue' cymbals, then you can pretend the left one is open HH and the right one is ride/crash2. I don't remember Saturday Night being that busy for the hands but it sure loves that bass drum.

For the drum charts: Janitors is dumb as hell but still fun to mindlessly rock out to. Sort Of is just like every other SP song in the game, busy on snare/HH throughout, fun if you like those kind of beats. Them Terribles is a pretty fun beat as well.

the locksley pack were some of the last ones I was super bummed out about not having as they're crazy fun on everything, the only ones I'm dying to have back at this point are the dino jr songs

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's interesting that they're bringing back Chilli Peppers, didn't they get like, nearly all of their songs delisted last year?

EDIT: Also I very nearly bit the bullet and bought a Alesis DM6 e-drum kit since it was on sale for 50% off on Amazon, only to discover that it wouldn't work with Rock Band anyway.

Reading up on it a bit, apparently you can switch out the drum brain? I have no idea how that works and even at 50% off it's still like $400 so I'm not willing to dump that kind of cash when I don't know how to get it to work. Does anyone have a DM6 working with Rock Band or who knows how to replace a drum brain?

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 8, 2018

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It's interesting that they're bringing back Chilli Peppers, didn't they get like, nearly all of their songs delisted last year?

EDIT: Also I very nearly bit the bullet and bought a Alesis DM6 e-drum kit since it was on sale for 50% off on Amazon, only to discover that it wouldn't work with Rock Band anyway.

Reading up on it a bit, apparently you can switch out the drum brain? I have no idea how that works and even at 50% off it's still like $400 so I'm not willing to dump that kind of cash when I don't know how to get it to work. Does anyone have a DM6 working with Rock Band or who knows how to replace a drum brain?

you can't buy the songs still, but they were previously undownloadable even if you owned them

SatansBestBuddy posted:

the DM6 Nitro is a DM6 with a Nitro drum brain, and what I have and works fine. I don't know if you can get the nitro brain separately

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

Kaboobi posted:

Les Wampas – Manu Chao
Libyans – Welcome to the Neighborhood
Locksley – All Over Again
Locksley – Don’t Make Me Wait
Locksley – She Does
The Material – Moving to Seattle
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Tell Me Baby
Scars on Broadway – They Say
Snoop Dogg – Snoop’s Upside Ya Head
The Sterns – Supreme Girl

Are the Dinosaur Jr. songs literally the last delisted songs we’re going to get back?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

WingsOfSteel posted:

Are the Dinosaur Jr. songs literally the last delisted songs we’re going to get back?

this is what's left:

Rock n Roll Dream Crooked X
Gone Crooked X
Hier Kommt Alex Die Toten Hosen
The Wagon Dinosaur Jr.
Pick Me Up Dinosaur Jr.
Fake Friends Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
U Suck Just Kait
Dreaming of Love Lights Resolve
Best of Me Morningwood
Sugarbaby Morningwood
Body I Occupy Naked Brothers Band
I Don’t Want To Go To School Naked Brothers Band
Monsoon Tokio Hotel
Ready, Set, Go! Tokio Hotel
Starting to Appreciate Tutankamon
Promised Land Vesuvius

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Naked Brothers Band making for some weird song titles at first glance

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Kaboobi posted:

this is what's left:

Dreaming of Love Lights Resolve

Yeah, so that's what I thought too, but check this out:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/7w26fr/xb1_bullets_guns_manu_chao_moving_to_seattle_tell/dty8abp/?context=3

Is that a faked screenshot, or wtf?

vvv :smith:

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 8, 2018

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Beelzebozo posted:

Yeah, so that's what I thought too, but check this out:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/7w26fr/xb1_bullets_guns_manu_chao_moving_to_seattle_tell/dty8abp/?context=3

Is that a faked screenshot, or wtf?

I have it on mine, along with the Morningwood tracks, but they were then removed shortly after launch just like the E6 and Dino Jr songs. (the E6 and Dino Jr songs wanted you to buy them again)

So it's technically possible to have the Lights Resolve and 2 Morningwood tracks, but you probably don't unless you got them within the first day of launch if not sooner.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Well I bit the bullet and ordered an upgraded hi-hat for my alesis kit. Not sure if it will solve my RB issues, but if nothing else it will be better for my regular non game drumming.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Could this be the week that I finally contribute a spotlight score to my crew? Thanks, Hall & Oates!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

DancinBrud posted:

Could this be the week that I finally contribute a spotlight score to my crew? Thanks, Hall & Oates!

We appreciate you, bud. :hfive:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
E: wrong thread wtf

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Got my new hihat set up, but sadly made no difference in rock band. It did give me an extra cymbal to play with though, so I'll have one close to the hats for an open blue, then continuing around the set a crash, ride then another crash. Not perfect, but a heck of a lot closer.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

We appreciate you, bud. :hfive:
Thanks man! I like the recent crew name change.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

DancinBrud posted:

Thanks man! I like the recent crew name change.

Right on. It was Trash Boat’s suggestion. Install pksage‘s app and crew chat with us!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/rockband/status/963427658322337792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Yase! I want all the Goo Goo Dolls. Here's hoping Long Way Down is next. Would extra love to get the Haste the Day cover. :allears: (Yeah, I know it'll never happen, but check this poo poo out though.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlnU_5SM_KU