Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

So are we just going to gloss over the part where he implies the filthy browns aren't even people, or...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

More like, "Those ungrateful brown people would never thank us for helping them, I only do this to impress other white liberals"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

....the refugees? I mean even in this absurd reality where all white people will magically vanish due to immigration, the immigrants are still going to be thankful for being allowed in.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Incidentally, this is the root of the alt right co-option of "virtue signalling." People like this genuinely believe that everyone else is just as cynical and amoral as them, which of course explains why they act differently-- it's so they'll be loved by their fellow liberals!

If you watch people like this carefully, you'll get a clue as to the root of their desperate eagerness to be welcomed by their fellow Nazis.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

loquacius posted:

how long do you have to permanently seal yourself in an alt-right bubble to think people who want refugees to not die want "white folks to disappear" :psyduck:

Well look, each planet you control only has so many tiles to place Pops on. The more tiles you have xeno pops on, the fewer tiles you have to put your own empire's species on.

:v:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Perfect timing on this one Branco. :discourse:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Not sure Branco thought this one out too well.

Yeah what kind of paste-eating hack would argue like this

(That cartoon is from 2016. When the DJIA finished up 13.4%. Spin away, Branco! You're doing great.)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Never thought I'd see Theresa May's vagina in a political cartoon, from any angle.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Samurai Sanders posted:

Never thought I'd see Theresa May's vagina in a political cartoon, from any angle.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Samurai Sanders posted:

At the risk of ending up on goons.txt for not understanding female anatomy why does she have a fourth hole? Her head is up the anus, next comes vagina, then urethra straight into the bladder, but why is there a fourth hole that goes from above her urethra straight into the pelvis. Why does her pelvis bone get its own hole? Did the artist get too carried away drawing holes?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've never seen a detailed cross section of a penis and testicles in a cartoon either, for that matter.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've never seen a detailed cross section of a penis and testicles in a cartoon either, for that matter.

I have. I didn't like it.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Krinkle posted:

At the risk of ending up on goons.txt for not understanding female anatomy why does she have a fourth hole? Her head is up the anus, next comes vagina, then urethra straight into the bladder, but why is there a fourth hole that goes from above her urethra straight into the pelvis. Why does her pelvis bone get its own hole? Did the artist get too carried away drawing holes?
I'll admit it, I'm wondering this too.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
reminded me of this old chestnut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l63SRpGXBHE

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah what kind of paste-eating hack would argue like this

(That cartoon is from 2016. When the DJIA finished up 13.4%. Spin away, Branco! You're doing great.)

So like, how does someone like Branco respond if you send them this, and ask them kindly "What the gently caress?"

And I mean, come at him like you're an honest fan of his. Like you honestly don't understand how he can hold both of those opinions, or maybe that you're disappointed to see it but would be okay with an explanation from him. Don't give any indication that you're not a conservative shill like him. What happens, other than the 99% chance he just ignores it?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Krinkle posted:

Brexit

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Grimdude posted:

So like, how does someone like Branco respond if you send them this, and ask them kindly "What the gently caress?"

And I mean, come at him like you're an honest fan of his. Like you honestly don't understand how he can hold both of those opinions, or maybe that you're disappointed to see it but would be okay with an explanation from him. Don't give any indication that you're not a conservative shill like him. What happens, other than the 99% chance he just ignores it?

Grimdude posted:

he just ignores it
Branco ain't paid to think

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Krinkle posted:

Can't have too many holes!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

World Famous W posted:

Branco ain't paid to think

And likely couldn't even if he was.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Krinkle posted:

but why is there a fourth hole

Obviously she was torn a new one.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This doesn't make sense: trump is a dodger
See?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Internet Kraken posted:

....the refugees? I mean even in this absurd reality where all white people will magically vanish due to immigration, the immigrants are still going to be thankful for being allowed in.

Better not do anything nice ever, what if I just disappeared and never got thanked by the rando woman who I helped load her groceries in her car?! I ONLY DO THINGS FOR PERSONAL VALIDATION!

Compassion, Kindness and altruism? WHAT'S THAT?!

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

Those teeth :stonk:

Has Mike Lester done a Rob Porter cartoon yet?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

.Edward Penischin posted:

Has Mike Lester done a Rob Porter cartoon yet?

No, he'll probably ignore it. If he does address it, it will 100% be "BUT DEMOCRATS ARE OKAY WITH BILL CLINTON"

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Duke Igthorn posted:

See?

Think you just whooshed yourself

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Spun Dog posted:

Think you just whooshed yourself

I did! ARGH!

Hold on:

Duke Igthorn posted:

Yes: trump is a dodger

See?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

owns

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Krinkle posted:

Goon.txt. indeed. That should be the clitoris. I'd guess the artist hosed up and forgot what it was when it came time to color, and just made it another cavity.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Flipswitch posted:

What's the deal with tan suits for us foreigners?

Others already explained that he wore a tan suit once and it drove Republicans insane because they're all about making sure the President of the United States doesn't look like a deranged lunatic with absolutely zero impulse control and the attention span of an undisciplined toddler.

What many failed to mention is that Obama looked loving amazing in that tan suit :swoon:

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

TasogareNoKagi posted:

It took a little war to finally decide that for the US.

Texas doesn't seem to think it was decided.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

nothing with a laugh track is funny

Slanderous lies.

(Although laugh tracks themselves are bullshit and I choose the audio options that remove them whenever I can)

Crazycryodude posted:

Soviets never shoulda left

Yeah, the Soviets were MUCH better about their indigenous Jewish populations.

MrUnderbridge posted:

More like, "Those ungrateful brown people would never thank us for helping them, I only do this to impress other white liberals"

Could go either way, really.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Don't be willfully dense.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

MikeyTsi posted:

(Although laugh tracks themselves are bullshit and I choose the audio options that remove them whenever I can)
Don't they just sit there vacantly while waiting for the laugh track then?

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Don't they just sit there vacantly while waiting for the laugh track then?

Not the non-lovely ones.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Others already explained that he wore a tan suit once and it drove Republicans insane because they're all about making sure the President of the United States doesn't look like a deranged lunatic with absolutely zero impulse control and the attention span of an undisciplined toddler.

What many failed to mention is that Obama looked loving amazing in that tan suit :swoon:
I know Americans politics are insane but what such an inane thing to get worked up over, i know its the racisms, but still.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

MikeyTsi posted:

Yeah, the Soviets were MUCH better about their indigenous Jewish populations.

Correct. Aside from a short, specific postwar period during which Stalin tried to use them as scapegoats...

quote:

The Doctors' Plot allegation in 1953 was a deliberately antisemitic policy: Stalin targeted "corrupt Jewish bourgeois nationalists", eschewing the usual code words like "rootless cosmopolitans" or "cosmopolitans". Stalin died, however, before this next wave of arrests and executions could be launched in earnest. A number of historians claim that the Doctors' Plot was intended as the opening of a campaign that would have resulted in the mass deportation of Soviet Jews had Stalin not died on March 5, 1953. Days after Stalin's death the plot was declared a hoax by the Soviet government.

..Jews in the USSR were better off than in regions controlled by Nazi loving Germany. Further restrictions and troubles were based on rejection of zionism as nationalism and other long standing issues vis a vis Jews and non-Jews, a more complex situation than, again, insinuating Jews were worse off in the USSR than under a regime that targeted them for extermination.

Like I know there's some folks around here that got a hard-on for equating leftist ideology with antisemitism, but stop being willfully dense.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

Ugh. "Irregardless". I'm writing to your twitter, FDotM.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Flipswitch posted:

but what such an inane thing to get worked up over

The only "defense" I could really think of was that at the time the Republicans were looking at what seemed like 16 years without control of the White House, at least 8 of which were with a guy who seemed to be made of teflon, so they'd gone a little crazy.

Things were gonna get REAL nasty when Hillary won, but then Trump did and now the Republicans are caught between sheer joy and eye-popping dread-horror.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

The Devin Nunes memo released last Friday described an FBI application to the FISA court. The FBI was seeking permission to spy on Carter Page, a low level Trump advisor with Russian contacts. The application included the infamous Christoper Steele Trump dossier.

That would be the same dossier that former FBI Director Comey said contained “salacious and unverified” information. Not only that, the Clinton campaign funded the thing and possibly contributed information to it.

Comey’s response when he read the memo – That’s it?

Chip Bok posted:

The economy’ too good. The beer’s too cold. The stock market is suffering whiplash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Some sweet ableism from Ramirez. Niiiice.