Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

For Thor vs Hela you have to stay out of her giant circles as they do crazy damage, or at least time your invuln abilities to avoid them. I had trouble until I got Thor himself to T2 and then I beat it with half my health left. That was with T1 Loki still. I just gave Thor a lightning damage custom gear and some 3* isos though I think he does have power of angry hulk at least. If nothing else make a few attempts, with Hulk vs the wolf sometimes I still lose at T2 even though I first beat it at T1, just because I time my abilities badly and get caught in something bad. Back when my Thor was T1 4x15 I could regularly get the Hela fight to 25% health or less just by trying not to get caught in her skills.

I want to whale on the BP packs and the VIP mega 6 pop up package to up some of the new characters but I think I'm going to save my money and just work them up the slow way. Sounds like none of them are overpowered enough to be worth rushing for. Maybe I'll change my mind after I see how good the movie is next week. I bought the Adam Warlock pack when he came out because I nerded out on his comics back in the infinity gauntlet days but he's still sitting at 3* until I get Cable from 58 to 60 and probably until after I get Scarlet Witch up to par, so he was a waste of gems so far, so I don't want to repeat my error with the BP pack.

I did try all the new toys in practice mode. Klaue's skills are awesome, sucks he got a drivable van before Punisher did (kidding), and I'm disappointed Shuri's costume replaces her badass raven ability. I might skip the cinematic battle until after I see the movie to avoid spoilers, silly as it is.

The Question IRL posted:

I want to find out if there is an event quest that gives these new Black Panther tokens. Because there is a Mega Tier 2 ticket for 400. And I want that to rank up Nova.
(Logic says I should use it on Anti-man or Blue Marvel but I can't bring myself to do that when I already poured 256 bios into their Gear.)

Nova has been better at T2 for me than Anti-man. He's ridiculous, second only to Jean in my roster. Quicksilver, Wolverine and Dr Strange have more survivability but do much less damage. Thanos with hobo uniform does a bit less damage and is a bit sturdier but is my closest comparison. My Blue Marvel is 20/20/19/18 so I'm grinding out the converter to eventually use a T2 ticket on him. He can solo a teens SL without it so I'm in no hurry.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Steve Vader posted:

All right. I can't get past SL level 5 yet. At least not this time around. My best villains remaining are Creel, Titania and Sandman in the Level 40s, and they are my best option... thus, not an option. My alliance store has been Level 8 forever. Is there a better Goon alliance I could join?

So rather than continuing gathering for Luna Snow, I grabbed Killmonger so I have him at 1 star. Maybe I can get at least a tiny prize from the cinematic then, although it's basically a giant spoiler for the movie and I didn't want that. I've got 1600 crystals, though. I could get the Killmonger costume, I guess. Or do I save up for the Purple Panther?

So, any recommendations on how to beat Black Dwarf in World Boss? I've notched 5 wins against the rest of the Black Order, but can't deal with him. And Thanos seems impossible.

Sandman and Titania are both pretty good in SL. Creel is... less so.

Level 8 Alliance store means you can get the 20 bio selector daily, just not the 50. I don't know what the 50 selector costs, actually. Alliance store levels take flippin' forever.

Getting a paywall at 1* is a reasonable idea even if you don't invest further, because you may eventually get a mega-6 ticket you could use on them for max efficiency. I wouldn't get a costume on someone you don't plan to keep developing though. Dunno if Killmonger's worth it, haven't bio subbed in over a year.

BD can be a pain in the rear end to start but he's the easiest once you're well situated. He has high physical resistance so people that do energy damage are much better against him in general but I don't have a huge amount of specific advice. The spin move he does at low HP is a huge annoyance so it's worth saving the team-up attack button for when he's low because it'll help you burn down that last 10% faster.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

my thor is t1 with uni and my cards/w/e are poo poo and i just tried it and it was very easy. just do the same invulnerable rotation you should always use with thor and youll win with minimal damage taken

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Extreme panthro mode keeps kicking my rear end. :smith: The SUV is too powerful!!! I am assuming I need a high damage proc to take that thing out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

I did try all the new toys in practice mode. Klaue's skills are awesome, sucks he got a drivable van before Punisher did (kidding), and I'm disappointed Shuri's costume replaces her badass raven ability. I might skip the cinematic battle until after I see the movie to avoid spoilers, silly as it is.

Yeah, I already bought Shuri's costume but I played her non-costume in practice and god drat her skills are awesome. I think they're practically pretty similar with the costume but they look way less cool.

And as best as I can tell if you time it right with Klaw you can 1) call his minions, 2) call the burning truck, and 3) call the SUV and just create complete and utter chaos. I can't wait to try that out.

Also, I'm a little surprised Killmonger and Shuri got comic base looks and then movie costumes but Klaue/Klaw just gets his base movie look without the comic red bodysuit look I always remember him having. The old school FF fan in me kind of wants to pair him with Sandman and Titania as the Frightful Four (Three).

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

should I T2 Patsy Walker / Jessica Jones / Luke Cage or Miles / Gwen / Silk? I have 6 T2 tickets and am also an idiot. I guess Luke is story farmable so I should do him naturally...

E: oh I always float 2 or so T2 tickets just in case someone weird becomes meta for some reason. And I guess I should use one on Shuri since I got her uni.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 7, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cage is not only story farmable but he's really cheap and easy to do it now too. Like, if you grind him it shouldn't take you more than a week or so to get him to 4/20 and Advancement. Chaos Stones take the longest.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I think Miles, Gwen and Silk are also the best of those 6. Do they get the same web lockdown that spidey and spidey 2099 have? Cage has a place in PvP with his reflect but I've heard Hellcat and JJ aren't that great.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cage can handle an early/teens Shadowland physical/speed floor. He's useful but not great.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

All right. I can't get past SL level 5 yet. At least not this time around. My best villains remaining are Creel, Titania and Sandman in the Level 40s, and they are my best option... thus, not an option. My alliance store has been Level 8 forever. Is there a better Goon alliance I could join?

So rather than continuing gathering for Luna Snow, I grabbed Killmonger so I have him at 1 star. Maybe I can get at least a tiny prize from the cinematic then, although it's basically a giant spoiler for the movie and I didn't want that. I've got 1600 crystals, though. I could get the Killmonger costume, I guess. Or do I save up for the Purple Panther?

So, any recommendations on how to beat Black Dwarf in World Boss? I've notched 5 wins against the rest of the Black Order, but can't deal with him. And Thanos seems impossible.

Ditch your guild and join one of the level 30 goon ones. I'm with Doctor Goons but any of the goon guilds listed in the OP will take you.

If you're strapped for crystals then I'd recommend you save it. There's nothing in this update that's a must get and getting a 1k uniform for a one star dude is a bit of a waste unless you really like him

As for Black Dwarf, which characters are you using for world boss? He's strong against physical attacks so use energy ones to kill him. He's actually one of the easier ones once you get good strikers because he doesn't pop up and down everywhere

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Also haha, they changed the animation for Satana's uniform 6* skill. I wonder if anyone's mad about that.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

All right. I just applied for Doctor Goons.

I guess I don't have a lot of energy attack guys leveled up yet.

My T2 guys are Spidey 2099, Mysterio, Black Panther, MODOK, Superior Spider-Man and Ultron. I've got 6* Mastery at 60 with Anti-Man, Chavez, Rogue, Beast, Storm, Cyclops, Bloodstone, Captain America, although I still have some gear leveling to do on several of them.

Just tried Black Dwarf with Anti-Man, MODOK and Ultron to no avail. Maybe Cyclops can help.

EDIT: All right, just managed it with Spidey 2099 and Anti-Man. I guess next stop is figuring out how to beat Thanos.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 7, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zokari posted:

Also haha, they changed the animation for Satana's uniform 6* skill. I wonder if anyone's mad about that.

Man, I am. That was hilarious.

Apparently there must have been a whole outrage about the succubus character being too sexual.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Do I want to know what it was?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A giant pentagram of flames forms and she drops to her knees and kind of lustily motions and archs her back. Now she drops to one knee and does like a Heisman trophy power pose.

It was just kind of funny, because it was overtly sexual. And kind of character appropriate. Now its funny that there must have been a bunch of people complaining and offended. I'm actually genuinely surprised the pentagram survived.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Word.

Meanwhile, I spend five minutes beating up AoA Wolverine in Timeline Battle and his health meter never budges.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

When i actually play Timeline I can take down a AoA Wolverine SOMETIMES with Phoenix or Strange. And I'd guess Cable or Scarlet Witch might but I've never really used them in Timeline.

But on autoruns its just sticking Wolverine in the leadership role and hoping my phone doesn't go on fire from 50 minutes of Wolverine draws.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler
No but seriously those new black panther extreme mode stages are loving impossible, let alone any of the challenges for the rewards. My BP isn't the best but he's got the new uniform at mythic, capped attack speed/ignore defense/skill cooldown and I can get that stupid car to like half before time runs out.

What the heck am I doing wrong? Besides spending money on a dumb phone game

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

EDIT: All right, just managed it with Spidey 2099 and Anti-Man. I guess next stop is figuring out how to beat Thanos.

Thanos tip (regular not Infinity) - After you beat on him for a bit he goes into a cutscene. After that he will charge up a long casting laser that will track you and kill you pretty quick. Either use someone who has a long untargetable/invulnerability move to avoid that or switch away from your good character so one of your backup characters dies. Then once you beat on him for a while again he'll go into another cutscene and then step into a portal and clench his fist. His next attack is a rain of meteors that can stun you in place if they catch you as you run around so I suggest swapping off to another character again in case they get caught in it and die. He's not around for you to attack with iframes so you have to run circles around the arena until he drops down. The idea is your main good character like spidey 2099 doesn't have a chance to get caught in those attacks and will pop back out to finish him off if your extras die. Thanos still has other high damage attacks but those are the two that caught me off guard for the first couple of times that I fought him.

I think the first time I beat Thanos it might have taken so long that he started reusing those abilities but I don't remember that for sure. In his final phase he throws lasers everywhere that still hurt but they aren't as bad as the channeled one and are easier to avoid.

I'm probably remembering wrong too but either Supergiant or Black Dwarf or both have an ability where they shield up, become immune to a type of damage, and then explode which can one shot whatever character you are on. That's another one where I swapped to one of my backup chars to eat the blow until I got good enough at fighting him through it (and eventually got chars that could take it on the chin without a scratch or kill them before they can use it).

If you are in no hurry and lazy like I am, then just skip the boss of the day and farm Proxima or someone you can beat easily 5x a day for the anti-matter and norns. The bonus for the specific daily world boss isn't THAT great and you probably won't have the resources to get Thanos usable yet anyway if you do unlock him.

If you can keep working on the X-Men quest pack and get Wolverine to 6/6/60 he will be a big help with you beating stuff for the first time because you can run away and heal up. I got infinity thanos, Odin, and the Thanos fight in the latest story chapter done for the first times that way. Takes a while but you usually have a pretty generous timer outside of shadowlands and ABX so you can alternate between using Wolverine's 5 and running around to heal when needed to slog through stuff you technically don't have the cards/upgrades/characters to beat fairly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the basic trick to Thanos is that when he does a cutscene you either run away or tag in a sacrificial lamb to avoid the big hits and then attack again when he's done.

But yeah, the way WBR is set up now you should just be trying to do 5-5 Proxima every day until you're strong enough to take on everyone else. The daily bonus isn't worth losing the resources. Or at least do as many of the daily as you can and then finish your daily 5 entries with Proxima.

Tim Hortons
Oct 11, 2013
Heyo: filo4000 looking for goons who also hate having money and dignity

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Tim Hortons posted:

Heyo: filo4000 looking for goons who also hate having money and dignity

Says you can't accept any more friends. You can add Grummun if you want

Regarding the BP uniform price and quest rewards, looks like I'm gonna save for Adam Warlock first? Seems better no

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

STAC Goat posted:

When i actually play Timeline I can take down a AoA Wolverine SOMETIMES with Phoenix or Strange. And I'd guess Cable or Scarlet Witch might but I've never really used them in Timeline.

But on autoruns its just sticking Wolverine in the leadership role and hoping my phone doesn't go on fire from 50 minutes of Wolverine draws.

Which Timeline league are you in? I've literally never seen a wolverine draw because at least one of them will be able to do enough damage to easily take out the other one in < 10 seconds

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

fart simpson posted:

Which Timeline league are you in? I've literally never seen a wolverine draw because at least one of them will be able to do enough damage to easily take out the other one in < 10 seconds

Two Wolverines with 5s invuln Obelisks on auto will sometimes draw, especially if they are like mine and also have max hp or recovery. A Wolverine with a damage obelisk will always lose to an invuln one, and I have literally never seen my lose to another Wolverine. Like STAC Goat said, I put mine in the leadership spot and any week where Jean is banned I lose 0 fights on pure auto. On Jean weeks I get some random losses when she explodes him before he gets her.

All in Vibranium, I've never dropped out doing full auto every week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's weird. I bounce between Vibranium and Platinum and I have Wolverine draws all the time. I do lose the one on one battles sometimes, more often before I got the AOA costume, but I definitely get more draws.

If I'm engaged and I have a blaster I'll try to use them to kill Wolverine but it's a crapshoot. Phoenix kills Wolvie 9 out of 10 times and her double life thing means even if he catches her ive got the safety net. Strange can do it sometimes. Sharon is fairly effective if I can get the timing. Like I said I never really use Cable or Witch enough to be sure of them.

Sometimes the key is incapictating Wolvie. Strange's freeze, Quicksilver's tornado, Spidey's web. Then tag in Sharon or Phoenix for the kill.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

My Quicksilver (with a damage proc) also has a literal 100% win rate against timeline wolverines so I kinda don’t believe wolverines survivability is really that good

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

bagrada posted:

If you can keep working on the X-Men quest pack and get Wolverine to 6/6/60 he will be a big help with you beating stuff for the first time because you can run away and heal up. I got infinity thanos, Odin, and the Thanos fight in the latest story chapter done for the first times that way. Takes a while but you usually have a pretty generous timer outside of shadowlands and ABX so you can alternate between using Wolverine's 5 and running around to heal when needed to slog through stuff you technically don't have the cards/upgrades/characters to beat fairly.

I did this and once I levelled Wolverine up and got his costume from a sale, I literally auto played from 12-7 right up to the final mission. I had to take some control against Thanos just because he has a couple of moves which literally do like 40k damage. The only other slightly hard fight was Odin on 12-8, but again only because he does some huge burst damage. It failed the first time and then I put a 70% recovery custom gear on him and he walked through everything until the end.

Apart from Thanos, chapter 13 seemed much easier than the final levels of chapter 12.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Anyone know if Shuri's buff is the type that'll overwrite an attack ISO buff? Just rolled DDE on her, thinking of keeping it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

NmareBfly posted:

Anyone know if Shuri's buff is the type that'll overwrite an attack ISO buff? Just rolled DDE on her, thinking of keeping it.

I don't know, op. Hope this helps.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

:hai:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got a T2 ticket and a bunch of new people ready to T2 since last month as I've been focused on working people to 4/20 the last few weeks.

Agent Venom
America Chavez
Giant-Man
Nebula
Sif
Ancient One
Daisy Johnson
Kaecilius
Yellowjacket
Ant-Man
Wong
Clea

I also have a ton of the early story people but I'm not wasting a ticket on them when they're so cheap to do naturally. Everyone on that list is more expensive and tougher to farm so that's my list.

My main hurdle right now is that I've been stuck on Floor 29 of Shadowland for at least a month. Nothing I can do seems to get me past the Black Order. This week I finished with Strange, Sharon, A1, Cable, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Magneto, and a ton of other T2s and notable T1s and none of it was worth a drat. I keep figuring I either need Thanos/Apocalypse/Dormamu/Odin or I need to save Phoenix. I'm working on Apocalypse right now but I can't get past the Floor 27 with anyone except Phoenix (I swear I did it with Sharon/She Hulk/Wasp once but I can't come close anymore).

Agent Venom seems like the most obvious, but he's already pretty effect up into the early 20s. Same deal with Ancient One. America Chavez I use in the early floors and she can usually get a win with a fight so the T2 might make her an easier or higher clear. I know Yellowjacket, Kaecilius, and Sif get talked up. But no one is screaming as a must Advance to me.

So any suggestions? Anyone really stand out? Should I just save it for someone else?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I don't think any of those random scrubs are going to get you there if magneto/witch/cable isn't doing it.

Does your cable have a CTP? It takes a few tries usually, because my game will chug at the start, but cable basically can solo that fight for me.

To actually answer your question though, agent venom is the best on that list by a lot IMO.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Agent Venom, hands down. Yellowjacket is a near distant second, especially if you have his uniform.

For floor 29 I save SLord/StarOG/Coulson and pretty much mop the floor with the Black Order.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My main star for 27 is quick silver with whatever attack boosts hmI have around and 29 is usually Phoenix with an attack leadership and Coulston as third for his buff. I usually always end up with Thanos last to just beat DareDevil on auto pilot.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

STAC Goat posted:

So any suggestions? Anyone really stand out? Should I just save it for someone else?

What does your 25-29 look like?

I usually go with Cyclops on 25 with others to do crowd control (Spider-Man, Silk, Crystal, etc.). It might take a couple tries for the CC to work, but this is brain dead - just press and hold 5th skill. Remember to unequip his uniform to revert him back to hero.

26 and 28 are variable, but you should be fine with what you already listed above.

27 is always QS - he can solo the floor, but it may take a couple tries if one of them escapes the AOE attacks. Lead with a physical attack leadership.

29 is always Jean with A1 and Coulson. This is another “solo” clear - A1 and Coulson die immediately.

I get lazy with 30 and use Cable with a She-Hulk lead. Press and hold 5, win. Agent Venom or Wolverine also work here with type advantage, but it’s much easier with a Cable or Thanos channel-type skill.

1.21 GIGATWATS fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 9, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

26 and 28 usually aren't issues for me. I've got enough T2s of worth that unless I got really unlucky draws or made some bad choices early in and drained one field or another I usually have someone who can handle it easily enough.

Phoenix is pretty much always by 27. I try others and like I said, I think Sharon did it once. But I seem to always need the combination of fire resist and damage Jean provides. But I'll try and save Quicksilver for it this week.

25 is kind of a toss up and depends on what I have in my bag. I've taken it with Magneto, Storm, Thor, Strange. I think it was Quicksilver this week but I'm not sure. It's usually a fight and takes a few tries, and I usually need side players of worth and a second team sometimes. But I try to just piece it together with the good but not BIG characters I have left and just try and make sure I still have all my big guns and a few of each type for 26 and 28. I think I went to Quicksilver out of frustration this week but it was early in the week so I'm not sure.

I usually use Cyclops on the She Hull/JJ stage but I got that early this week and used Crystal and ended up using Cyclops on 26/28 for Kingpin.

My Cable doesn't have a CTP. Quicksilver has my only one. As soon as I get one I'll look to him.

Agent Venom is definitely who I'm leaning to. My hesitation is that he's already pretty useful in Shadowland, especially with speed rumbles. But I could see the Advancement bumping up to a top player. I just don't want to miss if one of those others can just from "kinda useless" or "role player" into a real weapon. Yellowjakcet seems like the top candidate there but I don't know HOW good hes supposed to be and i have no major shortage of blasters.

Should I be working on Coulson for my next T2. I've never focused on him but he comes up a lot as a buff.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 9, 2018

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Who do you guys refer to when you say "A1"?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Loten posted:

http://lmgtfy.com/?s=b&q=a1 hth, op.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Loten posted:

Ancient One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Ah yes, A1 Accessory Imports, I'm yet to unlock that character...

STAC Goat posted:

Ancient One

Thanks.