Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBJPrnxq4MA

The troll faces make this way more comedic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Here's my Object 257s story.

I loaded 2 key clip in my Emil. shot the Object 257 in the track wheel ( He was 15 feet away from me behind a rock) I drove to his side so a straight on shot, proceed to bounce two 240?mm APCR from point blank range of his completely flat side. I then continued to drive and put one in his butt. Would play tanks again.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
God tier 8 sucks.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It doesn't suck if you have a Type 59.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

McGavin posted:

It doesn't suck if you have a Type 59.

im going to put a hurtin on u

*fist shake*

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just buy the T-34-3, its more fun than the type-59 and is equal or better than it in my humble opinion.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Just buy the T-34-3, its more fun than the type-59 and is equal or better than it in my humble opinion.

Yes, the T-34-3, the poor man's sour grapes alternative to the Type 59.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I see you're all just ignoring the glory of the ELC EVEN 90 in this discussion

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

Please, I own all the chinaman tier 8 premiums :smuggo:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

BadLlama posted:

But do you also own the clownshoe? :smug:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

God no, I refuse to buy that.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

McGavin posted:

lol if you don't feel like less of a man driving around with that puny little 100mm cannon

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Azhais posted:

I see you're all just ignoring the glory of the ELC EVEN 90 in this discussion

I got squished by a Mauschen after I hosed up circling him in the even 90 and he messaged me after the match laughing and I was laughing too and it was genuinely one of the best moments ive had playing this game.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

BadLlama posted:

Even the 59 Patton? You poor soul. :-(

I actually find it easier to do better in the T-34-3 than the Type 59. Being able to poke out, slap someone for 390, and then hide on the reload. Far more easier and comfortable than having to keep popping someone for 250. Of course, the dpm fails you in the brawl, but I usually make up for it long before that.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

HFX posted:

Even the 59 Patton? You poor soul. :-(

Yeah :( I have a problem.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
HD maps are on the test server!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BadLlama posted:

Yeah :( I have a problem.

lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Azhais posted:

HD maps are on the test server!

Have they stopped mountain goating?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

serious gaylord posted:

Have they stopped mountain goating?

Pretty much.

Some of the rebalanced maps are barely recognizable too

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
They announce what the weekend poo poo is gonna be? I need to retain a gently caress load of crew members, don't feel like spending the gold unless it is on sale.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Also i've got to the Panther and I am genuinely finding it to be a great tank thats got a really good ability to carry if its top or mid tier. The alpha is a bit weak to trouble tier 9's but I love firing laser beams every 3 seconds and getting cheeky ram kills on light tanks. I take it the panther 2 will be atrocious because 'tier 8' but the e50 and e50m are decent?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So speaking of crews, boy does it take forever to get to 100%. I didn't realize each % requires more xp than the last. So even though I started a load of dudes at ~90% they've barely moved. They really want you to pay that gold don't they.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So speaking of crews, boy does it take forever to get to 100%. I didn't realize each % requires more xp than the last. So even though I started a load of dudes at ~90% they've barely moved. They really want you to pay that gold don't they.

Yes, also just wait until you are on your 3rd+ skill.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

Also i've got to the Panther and I am genuinely finding it to be a great tank thats got a really good ability to carry if its top or mid tier. The alpha is a bit weak to trouble tier 9's but I love firing laser beams every 3 seconds and getting cheeky ram kills on light tanks. I take it the panther 2 will be atrocious because 'tier 8' but the e50 and e50m are decent?
Panther II is pretty handy with the 8,8cm L/100 when your target's occupied with other problems, but generally speaking yes it suffers anyway because Tier VIII. You absolutely need that 8,8cm L/100 though to make the Panther II worth anything in a Tier X battle, and before that's available you will suffer.

I can't say anything about the E 50 M myself (still haven't bought the drat thing) but the E 50 is a very flexible, ludicrously powerful MT, which can also act as a viable stand-in for some HT shenanigans if required when top tier.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Secret Confessions of a Stat Badder - This has got to stop

gently caress You Stug G. Seriously. Stop being bottom tier in competent tier seven teams. Arrrggg this sucks SO much!!!!

Maybe if I tried to win? It's loving opposites day at the moment. Now as deluded and hosed up as I am it is nice to note there are people more hosed up out there:

Once you wrap your head around someone being that upset at someone who they know has less than 1K games, some back story. The guy was in an E25 on Kharkov. I only plat requested to get Arty mission 15 done. The guy rushed the 0 line and got splashed somewhat earlier than the rest of the team. Apparently it was my fault. We lost so I guess that means I won twice?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
T54 Mod is a comfy tank.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Panther II is pretty handy with the 8,8cm L/100 when your target's occupied with other problems, but generally speaking yes it suffers anyway because Tier VIII. You absolutely need that 8,8cm L/100 though to make the Panther II worth anything in a Tier X battle, and before that's available you will suffer.

I can't say anything about the E 50 M myself (still haven't bought the drat thing) but the E 50 is a very flexible, ludicrously powerful MT, which can also act as a viable stand-in for some HT shenanigans if required when top tier.

Unless they fixed it, it should be noted that you'll want to get some free xp together to get the turret and 105 from the start. Or you'll find the only use of your e-50 is to just battering ram something to quickly exit and go play another tank while those with guns can play.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

The experience required to level up increases exponentially.

Spending gold to re-train will let you keep 100% of the XP a crew member has accrued, but it doesn't help them accumulate more any faster.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
gently caress all y'all chinese tanks i got the is-3a!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Atomizer posted:

The experience required to level up increases exponentially.

Spending gold to re-train will let you keep 100% of the XP a crew member has accrued, but it doesn't help them accumulate more any faster.

Wait so getting the first skill, like that "hey you're spotted" will take more experience than it did to get from 90-100% regular training?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Wait so getting the first skill, like that "hey you're spotted" will take more experience than it did to get from 90-100% regular training?

Yup. Crew skills are so loving stupid

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Hellsau posted:

no no no never use the Russian 76mm, the 57/85/122 (with plentiful HEAT) all work on the KV-1 but the 76mm is shockingly bad.

Right, I misremembered which was which. Point is though, the KV-1 is one of the few tanks where you actually have options.

Edit:

BadLlama posted:

Yes, also just wait until you are on your 3rd+ skill.

I have a 100% + 4.6 skill crew on my T29. You don't really want to know how long that's taken.

Rorac fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 9, 2018

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Azhais posted:

Pretty much.

Some of the rebalanced maps are barely recognizable too

cant wait for them to release so i have a somewhat decent excuse to play again.. ITS BEEN HARD but whenever i want to i just remember the time half my team drown on lakeville easy way to keep me from installing till something changes

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Wheneven I think I want to play again, I just look at this post:

Mesadoram posted:

Oh right THIS is why I quit this loving game.

for reference the rest of Mesa's team combined did 2892.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Atomizer posted:

Although, in his case it would take them from 90 to 100%

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Wheneven I think I want to play again, I just look at this post.

I played for a few hours yesterday after not playing for a few months.

1) I am rusty as gently caress
2) The IS-8 T10 is still super rad
3) Pubbies are still the absolute worst

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Unlocked the Centurion 7/1 last night. How painful of a grind am I looking at?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

RanKizama posted:

Unlocked the Centurion 7/1 last night. How painful of a grind am I looking at?

Currently grinding this myself and to be honest it's not too horrible, at least if you already have the 20pdr-B researched, since both turrets are now massive bricks that can bounce like nobody's business when a hulldown position presents itself, and the gun handling's pretty good to boot (so you can still slap some retarded Heavies if they try being clever). Alpha's objectively pathetic though until the L7, so you won't be doing much hard carrying and if you get caught out by a Tier X then you're just going to get loving stuffed once they realise you're undergunned. The RoF is drat good though so perma-tracking morons in shitbricks which are otherwise invulnerable is a viable option, provided your "team" takes the opportunity to flatten the fucker.

I've almost always platooned with decent support while grinding the Centurion 7/1 however, so YMMV. Solo it's probably a complete nightmare factory of pubbie helmets doing their best to gently caress everything up, as usual. Furthermore I had the massive 48% bonus running alongside premium acount over the Christmas period, so grinding the suspension and turret was a breeze! :v:

Edit:

JuffoWup posted:

Unless they fixed it, it should be noted that you'll want to get some free xp together to get the turret and 105 from the start. Or you'll find the only use of your e-50 is to just battering ram something to quickly exit and go play another tank while those with guns can play.

The 8,8cm L/100 has been buffed and lobs off a round every 5 seconds with high accuracy now, actually giving it better DPM than the 10,5cm, so for some players it might even be the preferred gun. By all means go for the turret though, that's just obvious.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 9, 2018

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Currently grinding this myself and to be honest it's not too horrible, at least if you already have the 20pdr-B researched, since both turrets are now massive bricks that can bounce like nobody's business when a hulldown position presents itself, and the gun handling's pretty good to boot (so you can still slap some retarded Heavies if they try being clever). Alpha's objectively pathetic though until the L7, so you won't be doing much hard carrying and if you get caught out by a Tier X then you're just going to get loving stuffed once they realise you're undergunned. The RoF is drat good though so perma-tracking morons in shitbricks which are otherwise invulnerable is a viable option, provided your "team" takes the opportunity to flatten the fucker.

I've almost always platooned with decent support while grinding the Centurion 7/1 however, so YMMV. Solo it's probably a complete nightmare factory of pubbie helmets doing their best to gently caress everything up, as usual. Furthermore I had the massive 48% bonus running alongside premium acount over the Christmas period, so grinding the suspension and turret was a breeze! :v:

Edit:

The 8,8cm L/100 has been buffed and lobs off a round every 5 seconds with high accuracy now, actually giving it better DPM than the 10,5cm, so for some players it might even be the preferred gun. By all means go for the turret though, that's just obvious.

Ah, they did change then. The 88 l/100 used to be unique to the e-50. And it was also a trap gun thanks to both overmatch mechanics and also the lack of alpha at those tiers. I see now that the panther 2 can use it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Wheneven I think I want to play again, I just look at this post:

for reference the rest of Mesa's team combined did 2892.

I raise that picture with this one

A draw loss as I only had so much ammo