Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

That looks very interesting and I'm looking forward to that release very much now.

I agree, some of his mods are mandatory for me now and he seems to really care about the quality of what he releases.

Which, as we can see through his current reactionary swings, has both its good and bad points. I think Ordinator's in a good place as a completed product, though, so even if Grey isn't my kind of thing I'm overall satisfied.

I'm looking forward to the rebuilt Religion too. It sounds like the current version is very opaque both in game and under the hood, so a total overhaul like this could be a huge benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I'm actually going to start modding SSE now, after putting it off for several days thinking 'goddamnit, it's going to take me fifty hours to get everything running'

I've pretty much always used SPERG for my perk overhaul, but I'm intrigued by Ordinator. Last time I played the author was really only known for Apocalypse. Ordinator looks...overly complicated though?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Vasudus posted:

So I'm actually going to start modding SSE now, after putting it off for several days thinking 'goddamnit, it's going to take me fifty hours to get everything running'

I've pretty much always used SPERG for my perk overhaul, but I'm intrigued by Ordinator. Last time I played the author was really only known for Apocalypse. Ordinator looks...overly complicated though?

Ordinator looks that way, but you gotta realize that every tree kind has it's own "sub-tree" in it for specific builds and playstyles. For combat trees this usually means picking one type of Weapon for Melee, or Element for Magic and sticking to it. Some of the other trees have some more creative/crazy poo poo, but keep in mind none that more out there stuff (like Dwemer Turrets in the Smith tree or the Sword/Staff combo tree in Enchanting) ever needs to be touched if you just use the tree's main/general path. If you do go down those paths though it is pretty fun.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You can spec into bear traps, which you can then pick up with telekinesis and throw at people.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Drythe posted:

You can spec into bear traps, which you can then pick up with telekinesis and throw at people.

I rarely use telekinesis even as a pure mage but that sounds ridiculously fun to do.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, Lockpicking goes from lovely filler slot to half Rambo, half combat engineer, half phantom thief. It's beautiful.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Bee posted:

In the end, gameplay is and should remain a minor part of Skyrim

That is :nexus: as gently caress.

We can't improve gameplay, we need more waifu and freeze to death mods!

The Bee posted:

Yeah, Lockpicking goes from lovely filler slot to half Rambo, half combat engineer, half phantom thief. It's beautiful.

Pickpocket is crazy. Once you get up to around 50 or so you can steal pretty much anything without getting caught and get massive experience for it.

I'm level 45 and my pickpocket is at level 115 with the uncapper. Everything else is at about 40-80. It's crazy how broken it is.

axeil fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 9, 2018

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Found the preview post for Sacrosanct 5.00

quote:

You may know Sacrosanct as the perk tree you use with Better Vampires. I'm going to set aside a bit of time and fix that. Here's what 5.00 will do:

Age - Elder vampires are stronger than neonates. Spending time as a vampire eventually grants bonuses and takes away penalties, both of your choice. For instance, sneak feeding, turning people into vampires, Mask of Mortality, growing claws from your arms, turning magicka into a blood pool that replenishes by becoming hungry, and similar abilities/powers will be gated by this system.

Hunger stages are more visible. Removal of most traces of forward progression.

But also additional randomness. Vampirism is a curse.

3 additional Hemomancy spells.

Improvements to existing powers; Blue Blood rewards are more generalistic; perk improvements; etc. (For instance, Dragon at Midnight now also causes you to enter torpor when exposed to the sun at higher hunger stages, but the payoff is higher.)

Lots of MCM options added.

A little bit of Tremere magic aimed at the BV-Sacrosanct compatibility patch.

While this adds up to a major feature expansion, the aim is to keep bloat low by gating those features behind experience in some form. Unlike other vampire overhauls, vampirism in Sacrosanct is not meant to be god mode, but a curse. Getting bonuses out of it requires dedication; you start out with things like weakness to silver and the risk of frenzying at low health, which you can gradually remove and replace with benefits.

And some posts from his discord

quote:

Garden of Flesh: buffs you so you petrify and damage enemies you're looking directly into the eyes.

Need some input on aging bonuses:
So you get to pick an ability at each threshold
Thresholds are twice the previous one plus 5
So 5 days, 15 days, 35 days, 75 days, 155 days and at that point you're probably playing TESVI.
Feeding adds 1 hour to your age, draining adds 1 day.

Drythe fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 9, 2018

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

axeil posted:

That is :nexus: as gently caress.

We can't improve gameplay, we need more waifu and freeze to death mods!

Pickpocket is crazy. Once you get up to around 50 or so you can steal pretty much anything without getting caught and get massive experience for it.

I'm level 45 and my pickpocket is at level 115 with the uncapper. Everything else is at about 40-80. It's crazy how broken it is.

Part of me wants to see how many ally gathering perks you can splash together to become a living army. Lockpicking for Dwemer constructs, Illusions for a thrall, Speechcraft for an animal companion, Conjuration forva skeleton horde, and Heavy Armor to buff them all are what come to mind so far.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 9, 2018

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Dont forget illusion also has a line to buff them

e: and i think smithing has a line to make a turret?

Drythe fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 9, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Looking for functioning Scuba mod. Moooojhf for SCUBA m0d. Scuba mod!!!! Scuba

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Drythe posted:

Dont forget illusion also has a line to buff them

e: and i think smithing has a line to make a turret?

And Frenzy spells, so you can make your enemies fight before sending your allies in.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I would love to be Enai's agent and be the person that people dealt with instead of them talking to him directly. Let me deal with users I can take it :getin:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Speaking of Enai mods he's unhappy with, how is Dwemertech? It looks really promising, but apparently he's down on the quest portions.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I love Dwemertech, especially the quest. gently caress the haters.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Drythe posted:

Found the preview post for Sacrosanct 5.00

And some posts from his discord

So...V:tM meets Skyrim.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
You know, for all the dragon dildo thongs and horse speculum armor, you'd think I could find a single mod to add some shirtless leather pants mod for a male character. Looking around the SE Nexus for a bit and can't find anything worthwhile. Was trying out some Elder Scrolls Legends and one of the breton avatars gave me some inspiration for my next character, but such a simple armor seems hard to find. Also looked for some modular armor mods and didn't see anything too promising outside of 'stack bags and poo poo on your full body armor'.

The guy on the right was the art in question.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Haha I bet you'd have an easier time finding a female version of that than a male one.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

graynull posted:

You know, for all the dragon dildo thongs and horse speculum armor, you'd think I could find a single mod to add some shirtless leather pants mod for a male character. Looking around the SE Nexus for a bit and can't find anything worthwhile. Was trying out some Elder Scrolls Legends and one of the breton avatars gave me some inspiration for my next character, but such a simple armor seems hard to find. Also looked for some modular armor mods and didn't see anything too promising outside of 'stack bags and poo poo on your full body armor'.

The guy on the right was the art in question.

How about these?
https://old.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72855/

https://old.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89040/

Should work in SE without issues.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Personally, the mod I'm most surprised doesn't exist is Oblivion sound files for Skyrim guards. Sure, they have packs to make it your Shout noise, but it just isn't the same if it isn't coming from a town guard.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

I saw those, but wasn't sure about how well they would work in SE. I could give them a try though on a new game and see if they have any issues.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

OAquinas posted:

So...V:tM meets Skyrim.

Which sounds seriously good.

Tremere was always my favourite build in Bloodlines (free house and blowing up people was fun)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why would you ever want to play as a breton

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Bretons are known for being good mages and are also known for being excellent stealth archers.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Well, poo poo. Oldrim's losing continued USLEEP update support. It was nice while it lasted, and it probably still supports tons of fixes, but I have a bad feeling about what this'll mean for future Oldrim mod support with how often they rely on the USLEEP.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Honestly not entirely convinced that Skyrim, as much of a buggy mess as it is, actually needs more than six years of patching efforts by fans to be fixed.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
a bunch of the 'fixes' are little more than addressing lore consistency, more than exactly fixing bugs.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

graynull posted:

I saw those, but wasn't sure about how well they would work in SE. I could give them a try though on a new game and see if they have any issues.

You may want to run them through the Skyrim NIF converter.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

Conjuration is the best school?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
But you can be a cool species and still use conjuration.

Breton's are the guys I always forget exist. There's nothing remotely interesting about them.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

But you can be a cool species and still use conjuration.

Breton's are the guys I always forget exist. There's nothing remotely interesting about them.

I think I just played a breton in Daggerfall and stuck with it since then.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I play as a Breton :saddowns:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

GunnerJ posted:

Honestly not entirely convinced that Skyrim, as much of a buggy mess as it is, actually needs more than six years of patching efforts by fans to be fixed.

Yeah, neither do I. I just worry about mods built on the USLEEP chassis not functioning on the non-special editions anymore.

What kind of random lore changes has Arthmoor been adding to the patches?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

SE is way more stable anyway and it was free if you owned all the DLC when it launched, and if you're using USLEEP you have to own all the DLC so if you bought Oldrim after Special Edition was released, L O loving L.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought it was 20 bucks if you had all the DLC.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought it was 20 bucks if you had all the DLC.

nope, free

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Maybe it is now, but when it was released, it was freeeeeeeee.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
It was 20 bucks to anyone not on PC, so i guess you could get confused.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I have almost 400 hours in this game and I've still barely touched the DLC. I only scratched the surface of Dawnguard and haven't touched Dragonborn at all. Its just so easy to get sidetracked on a new character and then I burn myself out doing other stuff before I feel like doing the DLC. That's exception is Hearthfire since that content is all integrated into the main game and fits in well with my normal flow of progression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Internet Kraken posted:

I have almost 400 hours in this game and I've still barely touched the DLC. I only scratched the surface of Dawnguard and haven't touched Dragonborn at all. Its just so easy to get sidetracked on a new character and then I burn myself out doing other stuff before I feel like doing the DLC. That's exception is Hearthfire since that content is all integrated into the main game and fits in well with my normal flow of progression.

That's basically why I didn't actually pick up the DLC yet. I added it in bit by bit, usually in gifts from Steam Christmases, but by then the SSE deal had already long passed. If the game ever gets slashed on a huge sale I might jump, but I'm thinking of just loading up LE and enjoying it as much as I can before the time to hop comes.