Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
At this point I just want tri to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just really wish they had been more creative. I'd be fine with Falldown being Gatomon's mega level, that'd be unique and fit rather well for her. Oh well.

Though uh Devimon? The gently caress are you doing here buddy? I mean I love you and you're low key one of my favorite Digimon villains period but what exactly are you going to do? Besides set TK off in a big way. Again. I guess he was killed again when he highjacked Chimeramon but still. Though one unfortunate thing is that he's going to have to be recast- One thing I'll hold is that his Japanese voice is superior to his English voice, but his Japanese voice actor died a few years ago I believe.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
After most cameos on tri barely getting some minutes on screen before being dealt with, I'm not exactly thrilled over that return.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I imagine Devimon is going to be like the Dark Masters up till now. Part of a who's who of Digimon bad guys summoned by The Mysterious Man before the thing finishes.

And Burkion, if he's voiced, they'll probably get Ryotaru Okiayu to voice him like they did for the PSP game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Okay, so, is anyone willing to bet they don't even show the 02 kids?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I actually expect to see something of them returning home or something, at least.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Considering I still have a fear that they're going to replay/reanimate the epilogue without alteration, I can't take that bet.

It would be hilariously mean if they did though.

Nodosaur posted:

I imagine Devimon is going to be like the Dark Masters up till now. Part of a who's who of Digimon bad guys summoned by The Mysterious Man before the thing finishes.

Yeah but WHY though. The other Dark Masters, sure, Metal Etemon, why not, Venom Myotismon I'm all for. Devimon was stronger than regular Etemon at the height of his power but that's not going to matter too much! I just hate pointless cameos for the sake of pointless cameos

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Something I think helps with canon: everything has a higher hierarchy than 02. Hurricane Touchdown is canon, any conflict it brings to 02 means 02's side of things is not.

Nodosaur posted:

I actually expect to see something of them returning home or something, at least.

Same, kinda, but all shadowed out. We have three months left, but you'd think we would've heard Something about the second main cast of the show in the hype trail by now. Like, designs or Voice Actors. But I'll probs eat crow and next month they'll reveal them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't really expect much of a big role. The whole thing existed just to provide an excuse to focus on the original eight, and if the 02 kids get any voices and designs, it'll probably be for whatever inevitable follow up Tri will get.

Or it'll be an all new digimon project. I'm confident there'll be SOMETHING because Tri has made Toei a lot of money.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm lowkey hoping for a sequel to Tamers. They've pulled Chiaka away from his farm for public appearances, and Toei is looking ramp up production now that their big studio remodeling is finally complete after three years.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Konaka said there are no plans for a Tamers sequel... from his Twitter account named after a Tamers character, specifically created to talk about Tamers, starting from the blu-ray box with all-new Tamers artwork, and he's used said account to gauge worldwide interest in Tamers.

Nope, no reason whatsoever to believe Toei may want to use that Tamers nostalgia, but this time with the original writer on board.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

After everything's well and settled and the kids are having a party to celebrate, they notice an old friend has arrived. Pan camera to Daisuke who opens his mouth...

And then cue credits. :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Konaka said there are no plans for a Tamers sequel... from his Twitter account named after a Tamers character, specifically created to talk about Tamers, starting from the blu-ray box with all-new Tamers artwork, and he's used said account to gauge worldwide interest in Tamers.

Nope, no reason whatsoever to believe Toei may want to use that Tamers nostalgia, but this time with the original writer on board.

And he's livetweeting some kinda niconico stream of Tamers (i'm guessing an ep a week?)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/HarukaUni/status/961628219379277824

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I am sort of curious what the next proper series is going to be like now (though we probably won't hear anything about it for a little while). Will they continue to experiment with the formula like they did with Appmon or will they do something that's more back to basics? I could go for either to be honest.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

>This is the only choice left to humanity.
>This isn't an evolution... What is it?
>Your suffering shall soon come to an end.
>There's digimon everywhere...
>Yggdrasil, Homeostasis... Even if your plans goes well, the world won't be saved.
>I wonder what would Taichi say?
>Meicoomon is the one who suffer the most.
>Let's fight together for Meicoomon and Tailmon's sake.
>Never give up. Create the future.
>All lights are going into Meicoomon...
>We will save the world in our own way!

The more they push Meiko and her cat, the more I dislike them.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Digimon Thread - All the other characters should be asking ‘Where’s Meicoomon?'

Leraika fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 10, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:v:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Tri is kind of a clusterfuck but I’m still into it. I’m pretty hyped for the new one despite knowing in the back of my head that no questions will be answered.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Also,

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/962258739704270848
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/962258719454257152

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Tri is kind of a clusterfuck but I’m still into it. I’m pretty hyped for the new one despite knowing in the back of my head that no questions will be answered.

Yeah, same. At this point I don't expect the 02 thing to have a good conclusion but I've enjoyed most of Tri (except that horrendous fourth movie and the glacial pacing) so I'm sure I'll enjoy the ending too and it'll remain as an "okay" series in my book.

It kind of suffers because Appmon aired alongside it and it was very far from just "okay" though, it makes Tri look that much worse.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oh Guilmon no

Don't skin Guilmon!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

On one hand, it's kinda lazy how this 'transforming' figure is just a Guilmon shell with a Gallantmon inside it. OTOH that is a dope Gallantmon, I'll tell you what.

I'm pretty down on Tri. But I'll see its finale, at least.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Welp

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... yes? It's drawn to resemble old character art. What's the issue?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The tri version look worse than the original desings (besides Gatomon who seems copy pasted) with proportions all out of whack and in the case of the Ultimates looking completely out of place with the rest.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, that's entirely subjective, but sure. A different art style is going to change the designs and proportions, no matter what one thinks of it. I just don't understand what this is supposed to prove. Bandai/Toei has been recreating their stock art for years; there was an entire card expansion that was CGI versions of other existing artwork, and another that was redrawn Toei profile art for Tamers and Frontier. This isn't really weird at all.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Less rounded, more lines. The show's color palette is different for everything. How dare Toei?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

To be honest I think the Tri versions of the mega forms look better

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Agumon, Tentomon and Gomamon look worse, the rest look the same or better. Especially Greymon whose art is always better than the fatty Adventure art.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only one I'm willing to say is just flat out worse is Metal Greymon.

Tri Metal Greymon just looks depressed

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I like how Tri Agumon looks more dinosaur-like, to be honest. Big head, slightly less upright stance. It works for him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/962808662879277057

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/962808670173188096

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Phantomon is easily my favorite second in command of all of Digimon.

ENTIRELY due to the Dub. That Boris Karloff voice is a loving treasure.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

His Japanese voice is pretty memorable too. The guy screams every word out of his mouth.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh it's just a bird. A very large bird mind you.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

patamon put on like 20 pounds between adventure and tri

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
And Omnimon figured out how to get out of his T-pose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Fat patamon is better