Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the vip option with a live stream of every single event they run is a pretty killer deal i would have sprung for a couple years ago but now eh whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yeah same, if it had the full archives I'd be all over it to relive the 2007-2012ish time when I watched a ton of wrestling and ROH in particular

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Same but I wouldn't really say they destroyed the market by doing that. I question the veracity of a rotating archive really being better for getting and retaining subscriptions than just the whole deal.

Setting a price point that low has made it difficult for companies to enter the market and run a viable business especially with library expectations being what they are.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Setting a price point that low has made it difficult for companies to enter the market and run a viable business especially with library expectations being what they are.

I guess my question is would they really be losing that much vs. what they might gain? Not like they do WWE level buys on PPV as is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, the obvious solution would be for indies to work together so you pay a monthly fee and get an archive and live shows of ROH, PWG, and CZW or something.

But I guess that's just not viable with the reality of indie wrestling? I'm a little surprised more mini-alliances like the WWN thing haven't emerged with options like that. It would have been a better business plan for GFW following off Wrestle Kingdom and its probably the best way Corrigan could make anything of the NWA if has the connections and capital to start something proper up.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

powerbomb tv

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

is WWN an actual alliance or just a bunch of barely-there feds that Gabe runs

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

is WWN an actual alliance or just a bunch of barely-there feds that Gabe runs

wwn is evolve, fip (which barely runs and nobody buys), shine, and acw (which nobody has ever heard of) and whatever one off stuff gabe or sal runs under a special banner

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

powerbomb tv

this.

Vin Gerard is a goddamn genius. They've got a respectable interpromotional championship, multiple companies streaming live with them and a shitton of back catalog. Its a great history book and proof of health for the indies.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MassRafTer posted:

That's not really a low price point for a streaming video service. I've had a few go higher like MLB.tv and MotoGP's online service but I'd guess those get far higher value for TV rights than WWE does.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That's not really a low price point for a streaming video service. I've had a few go higher like MLB.tv and MotoGP's online service but I'd guess those get far higher value for TV rights than WWE does.

Its pretty low for an exhaustive (or close to it) catalogue of past and future content like WWE provides. Even Netflix rotates stuff out, and is certainly not an exhaustive catalogue of movies/tv or anything close to it. Shudder is the same, and is more of a curated selection.

Sportswise, Fight Pass doesn't get you every UFC event either. MLB.TV and NHL Gamecentre don't give you every baseball and hockey game or anything like that.

New Japan World is pretty close to the Network, content-wise, but they're the exception rather than the rule.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It is when you are going from selling your big shows for DVD to PPV price to selling everything you put out for $10 a month.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Honor Reigns Supreme will take place tomorrow night, Friday, February 9, from a packed Cabarrus Arena in North Carolina, USA. As Ring of Honor transitions to the new ROHWrestling.com and debuts the ROH App and the much anticipated HonorClub service, ROH wants to thank all fans from around the world with a LIVE and FREE stream of Honor Reigns Supreme!

To accommodate as many fans as possible, the live stream beginning at 7PM EST will be available at ROHWrestling.com, Facebook Live, and the FITE app.

Current card:

Kenny King vs Shane Taylor
Punishment Martinez vs Flip Gordon
Best Friends vs Young Bucks
Jay Lethal vs Jonathan Gresham
Dalton Castle and the boys vs SoCal Uncensored
Bullet Club vs The Kingdom

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Current card:

Kenny King vs Shane Taylor
Punishment Martinez vs Flip Gordon
Best Friends vs Young Bucks
Jay Lethal vs Jonathan Gresham
Dalton Castle and the boys vs SoCal Uncensored
Bullet Club vs The Kingdom

the most ROH card

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

who is socal uncensored?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thauros posted:

who is socal uncensored?

addiction + scorpio sky

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'll guess I'll try to watch it to catch what dumb bump they convince Trent to take.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
gdi i'm gonna tune in for best friends/bucks because it's free but the rest of that card is dire

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
punishment martinez is not a real wrestler

i'm pretty sure i've seen him live more than twice but i'm also certain he's fictional

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As probably the only person on this forum who watches ROH TV, I still don't get Punishment Martinez

His gimmick appears to be "Aleister Black with 1% of the charisma" and it's the most awkward dorky poo poo you've seen

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who all is coming from here to NXT soon?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Benne posted:

As probably the only person on this forum who watches ROH TV, I still don't get Punishment Martinez

His gimmick appears to be "Aleister Black with 1% of the charisma" and it's the most awkward dorky poo poo you've seen

He's real big. That's about it. I have vaguely positive feelings towards him from Honor Rising last year but I sure couldn't tell you why.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Punishment is basically Baron Corbin if he was a better wrestler and somehow managed to have less charisma

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sportsgenius86 posted:

Punishment is basically Baron Corbin if he was a better wrestler and somehow managed to have less charisma

Bingo

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Draxion posted:

He's real big. That's about it. I have vaguely positive feelings towards him from Honor Rising last year but I sure couldn't tell you why.

he had a good match with Goto, not great but good.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I think the current incarnation of The Kingdom is symbolic of RoH's overall problems over the past couple years. They took a decent stable, and when most of it's members moved on to bigger things they took the least talented, least interesting guy in the group and made him the leader, followed by people even less talented and interesting than he is.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I very much enjoy how one of the kingdom dudes carries an axe to the ring and every time he comes out the commentary freaks out about how he should not be allowed to have an axe

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The only notable thing about the new kingdom was TK O'Ryans leg exploding when he caught the guard rail on a botched moonsault to the outside

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i kinda like their theme especially in a company that's generally weak there, but in ring they're pretty unremarkable

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

sportsgenius86 posted:

this is upsettingly accurate

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I actually think Matt Taven is pretty good but the other two guys are the most forgettable CAW motherfuckers this side of Punishment Martinez

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Matt Taven is better in CMLL

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

For their final battle entrance they had a reptilian stand on the stage and wave before they killed him with their goofy signature weapons

The kingdom is good

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Holy poo poo nailed it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/962124543895666688

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

And way older too because iirc Punishment is like 40 years old

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cool

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm so glad Tenille kept the aviator shades :allears:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
She needs a manager called The Captain

Adbot