Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Sexpansion posted:

anybody played nerfed j4 in the jungle yet? notice any difference?

It's probably bad if you stand there and auto the mob, shouldn't be too bad if you can kite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Sexpansion posted:

They have to have some kind of reset mechanism or else the entire playerbase would just slowly creep up and up and up, and they want the majority to be silver.

Silver is the majority?
I thought it was bronze.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Silver 5 is like half the playerbase

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
After a week or so of reflection I think that maybe Vi actually would stomp on you. Sorry for saying she wouldn’t.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Tales of Woe posted:

Silver 5 is like half the playerbase

I read (a while ago, so maybe outdated) that bronze was like the bottom 50%, silver the next 25%, etc

Sexpansion might've meant that the majority of the playerbase was silver or lower?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Bronze is the bottom 25%~. The next 50%~ are silver.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

After a week or so of reflection I think that maybe Vi actually would stomp on you. Sorry for saying she wouldn’t.

Thank you for respecting the canon.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

it takes a brave man to admit his mistakes keven. we are all proud of you. godspeed.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So after a few games with him nuSwain seems like the first (near) perfectly balanced rerelease or even new character they've released in a while? He does heavy damage but it's consistent in both peaks and gaps, and he has to be up in the enemy team to really do his best meaning even a somewhat tanky mage build is still fairly at risk. I could maybe see a tweak to Vision of Empire's delay or damage, as of right now I've managed multiple snipes on people going back and in shop at towers that just don't kill them at low levels, but otherwise he seems in a pretty good spot overall in terms of needing buffs/nerfs.

Also he's just super fun, so that's nice.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Yeah, reworked Swain seems to have really hit the mark. He's got a clear pattern of play, obvious weaknesses/strengths, and several elements that allow skill expression (namely his W, E, and second cast of R). Might have some trouble in the current meta with how dominant Ryze/Azir have been, but we'll see.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah. I also keep forgetting about it but his passive is tremendous. The kind of things you can do to another mid laner if you've got a jungler with an immobilize are just unkind.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The reworks have generally been fine, gameplay wise. Like I think new sion is dumb as hell and asthetically for children except 20 years ago, not the children of today, his game play is good.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Does anyone have :words: on playing Jax jungle? I've been doing decently with him - I can usually get fed/farmed early, but I'm often not sure exactly how to build him later.

I've been going bloodrazor -> trinity plus tabi or merc, then Randuin into some combination of Titanic/Steraks/GA.

The first two items feel good, but after that it becomes kind of a shitshow. I'm starting to think that maybe Steraks 4th into GA is a better general build against mixed damage, but I'm not really sure. How do y'all balance resists/health/damage for your 3rd-6th item buys on Jax?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think riot does their best work when they have an existing theme and difficulty level for the reworked champion in mind, but aren't necessarily trying to keep a lot of the abilities the same (leblanc, ryze)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's kinda perplexing how the VGU team seems to be consistently on-point with the reworks at the same time that you've got poo poo like Zoe not only creeping into the game but avoiding anything approaching a substantial nerf or revision for five loving patches.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

heroic jax coward team

Super Librarian posted:

https://i.imgur.com/dgFkp3J.mp4

he also tried to stopwatch-ult earlier

average ryze coward rammus

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 9, 2018

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

heroic jax coward team

average ryze coward rammus

great analyses

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Vermain posted:

It's kinda perplexing how the VGU team seems to be consistently on-point with the reworks at the same time that you've got poo poo like Zoe not only creeping into the game but avoiding anything approaching a substantial nerf or revision for five loving patches.

I can think of a few rea$on$ they keep zoe busted for two months & warwick rework is balanced.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

pog boyfriend posted:

great analyses

thank yopu

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

foutre posted:

Does anyone have :words: on playing Jax jungle? I've been doing decently with him - I can usually get fed/farmed early, but I'm often not sure exactly how to build him later.

I've been going bloodrazor -> trinity plus tabi or merc, then Randuin into some combination of Titanic/Steraks/GA.

The first two items feel good, but after that it becomes kind of a shitshow. I'm starting to think that maybe Steraks 4th into GA is a better general build against mixed damage, but I'm not really sure. How do y'all balance resists/health/damage for your 3rd-6th item buys on Jax?

If you're going full damage on Jax you want Bloodrazor>Triforce>Steraks and just focus on either diving in, exploding someone and hoping your ult keeps you alive long enough to jump back out or just split pushing and being able to 1v1 whoever comes to stop you. If you want to be in a fight more than 10 seconds then just build full tank with Cinderhulk.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Killed By Death posted:

Bronze is the bottom 25%~. The next 50%~ are silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoydH5t6PVg

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Yeah, nice, compares Bronze 5 to Bronze 3 players to the homeless, who apparently "make poor decisions, buy stupid poo poo, and don't know much about the game." Okay guy.

Also the phrase "twice as less" lmao.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Chinese New Year will include a new Lux skin this year

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nightgull posted:

Yeah, nice, compares Bronze 5 to Bronze 3 players to the homeless, who apparently "make poor decisions, buy stupid poo poo, and don't know much about the game." Okay guy.

Also the phrase "twice as less" lmao.

I mean

If you've ever played at a higher level than silver you would probably feel the same way too. I don't necessarily disagree with that idea in general, since bronze players have basically no idea what to do other than fight a mans, let alone how to blow up the enemy nexus.

That said, Dong Huap is not funny

fatal oopsie-daisy fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 9, 2018

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

I mean

If you've ever played at a higher level than silver you would probably feel the same way too. I don't necessarily disagree with that idea in general, since bronze players have basically no idea what to do other than fight a mans, let alone how to blow up the enemy nexus.

That said, Dong Huap is not funny

I think maybe, just maybe, they took issue with the social darwinism, not the part where he said bronze players were bad.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I think maybe, just maybe, they took issue with the social darwinism, not the part where he said bronze players were bad.

to be fair most homeless people do not know much about the game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

pog boyfriend posted:

to be fair most homeless people do not know much about the game.

maybe if they bothered to figure out the Swain rework they could bootstrap

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Mash posted:

Chinese New Year will include a new Lux skin this year

why does riot push lux so much when zoe is clearly their breakout star.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

:fuckoff:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

pog boyfriend posted:

Seeing Lux makes people light up while Zoe just puts people to sleep.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

njsykora posted:

Seeing Lux makes people light up while Zoe just puts people to sleep.

:perfect:

For content, I got Snowstorm Sivir out of box so I played her last night. No idea why I haven't before, I'm all about obnoxious Pusher heroes and the Rat DotA playstyle.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gameplay thoughts from Meddler with regards to Zoe. He admits that they were way too slow in drastically tuning her. I can understand approaching heavily nerfing a champion with some trepidation, but it's still bizarre how her kit and numbers passed the smell test in the first place. She has the exact same pattern of play of old Nidalee, a champion they ripped the guts out of several times because of how horrendously oppressive it was, and her kit was piled up with a bunch of additional horseshit that she didn't need. The fact that Gunblade dropping from minions even made it to live is just loving baffling. I don't think they were secretly plotting from behind the scenes to release this busted-rear end poo poo for more dineros, but I do think there was someone's pet project being heavily defended behind the scenes.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

but I do think there was someone's pet project being heavily defended behind the scenes.

CertainlyT kidnapped Marc merrils family and has been holding them hostage ever since they said that zyras original base numbers were stupidly high and it was crazy to release her that way

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vermain posted:

Gameplay thoughts from Meddler with regards to Zoe. He admits that they were way too slow in drastically tuning her. I can understand approaching heavily nerfing a champion with some trepidation, but it's still bizarre how her kit and numbers passed the smell test in the first place. She has the exact same pattern of play of old Nidalee, a champion they ripped the guts out of several times because of how horrendously oppressive it was, and her kit was piled up with a bunch of additional horseshit that she didn't need. The fact that Gunblade dropping from minions even made it to live is just loving baffling. I don't think they were secretly plotting from behind the scenes to release this busted-rear end poo poo for more dineros, but I do think there was someone's pet project being heavily defended behind the scenes.

Zoe is nowhere near close as Nidalee and you should really stop using that as a talking point because everybody who actually played during Nidalee's reign of terror will laugh at you and immediately dismiss your claims.

Nidalee had a massive damage ability that she could spam
Nidalee had a great movement ability that she could spam
Nidalee had a heal ability that she could spam
Nidalee had 3 other damage abilities that she could spam in between
Nidalee had a trap that gave vision and more % damage

Zoe might have that single 1 massive damage ability, but she is nowhere near as bad as Nidalee was and it's a joke to even think they are on the same level. I'd also say that Nidalee also had a lot of bugs associated with spear width and league's hit box that took a year to really iron out.

Asema fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 9, 2018

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Asema posted:

Zoe is nowhere near close as Nidalee and you should really stop using that as a talking point because everybody who actually played during Nidalee's reign of terror will laugh at you and immediately dismiss your claims.
Nah she plays pretty much identically out of lane. You're right though they're not on the same level, Zoe is somehow even less fun to play against.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

misguided rage posted:

Nah she plays pretty much identically out of lane. You're right though they're not on the same level, Zoe is somehow even less fun to play against.

Zoe is less bad than Nidalee because she's not mobile like Nid was. That doesn't mean she's good necessarily, but what made Nidalee trash is that you could never ever engage on her if she didn't want to be engaged. Zoe puts herself more at risk than that.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nidalee found bullshit ways to jump over walls and go deep to make sure that the spear hit you after you thought you were safe for running for a minute. Zoe's movement ability brings her back to her starting point unless she wants to blow a picked up flash. Nidalee didn't have the RNG aspect to it and was still cancer to deal with also if you engaged on Nidalee it was an easy transformation into cat form and into a new set of abilities that all had damage associated with them so you couldn't really jump on her. You pressure Zoe if she misses the bubble and she's got nothing.

Like I'm not saying that Zoe is good because Old Nidalee was worse. I'm saying that even with all the bullshit Zoe has she was nowhere near the nostalgia tainted window of what Old Nidalee was. I think some of the nerfs are going too far, but I'm way more okay with them hitting her with a overall bat of destruction and then repairing where need be instead of what she's doing on live currently.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Transient People posted:

Zoe is less bad than Nidalee because she's not mobile like Nid was. That doesn't mean she's good necessarily, but what made Nidalee trash is that you could never ever engage on her if she didn't want to be engaged. Zoe puts herself more at risk than that.
Not at all. Have you ever tried chasing Zoe, because it's basically just as frustrating as chasing old Nid. Now that you can cleanse the entire bubble rather than just half it might get a bit easier to catch her. Admittedly it is easier to catch her with 2+ people than it was to catch Nid, but that's presuming she doesn't have a team.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

everyone shut the gently caress up beyonce just dropped an album out of nowhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did she really or is this some sort of meta joke about lemonade