Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've never heard of this, though I can already imagine what that crowd said about it b/c they are dum dums. What was the actual research tho

How warming oceans impact the health of sea life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

they've been spitballing this for a while. i might have posted it in a previous iteration of the thread but yeah it's loving gross AF

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tucker Carlson is so loving stupid I'm convinced he needs to be reminded to breathe

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tucker Carlson is so loving stupid I'm convinced he needs to be reminded to breathe

Tucker Carlson could drown himself in a rainstorm.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vasudus posted:

Wasn't the actual research something about developing artificial muscle fibers or something for amputees?

Measuring how shrimp 'tire' themselves out, something to do with fungal infections in farmed shrimp populations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX2Ief4kjrI

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

He looks like a Golden Retriever you’re trying to explain quantum physics to.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I might be thinking of another study that they did that was originally decried as useless but shed a lot of insight into muscle fibers.

Also, remember that Fox News was created by a post-Nixon Roger Ailes with the sole purpose of preventing another Watergate. No, not to prevent the president from doing crimes. From preventing the public to be outraged at the president doing crimes.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Soulex posted:

Did you register for intersession classes with your school? I did this and it caused some trouble but it got fixed.

You have to register every time you take a class.

Nah, I got approved for Voc Rehab in late January so my actual paperwork didn't get processed until this week.

quote:

How warming oceans impact the health of sea life.

Yeah, it was this.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 9, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

He looks like a Golden Retriever you’re trying to explain quantum physics to.

Rude.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/961982403559510016

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...impression=true

quote:

For much of the past year, President Trump has declined to participate in a practice followed by the past seven of his predecessors: He rarely if ever reads the President’s Daily Brief, a document that lays out the most pressing information collected by U.S. intelligence agencies from hot spots around the world.

Trump has opted to rely on an oral briefing of select intelligence issues in the Oval Office rather than getting the full written document delivered to review separately each day, according to three people familiar with his briefings.

Reading the traditionally dense intelligence book is not Trump’s preferred “style of learning,” according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The arrangement underscores Trump’s impatience with exhaustive classified documents that go to the commander in chief — material that he has said he prefers condensed as much as possible. But by not reading the daily briefing, the president could hamper his ability to respond to crises in the most effective manner, intelligence experts warned.

Even reading the summary is just too much for your favorite President (me).

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah, reading those things is a waste of time anyways :downs:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Everything in there was well known at the time, if not taken as seriously as it should've been. AQ had attacked the US numerous times already. The 'hijacking for leverage' bit really tells you what we were thinking, though.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Remember last year when it was revealed that Trump’s PDB was like one page or less, and most of that was maps or pictures?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

President Retard

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

i love my gay dying empire

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Godholio posted:

Everything in there was well known at the time, if not taken as seriously as it should've been. AQ had attacked the US numerous times already. The 'hijacking for leverage' bit really tells you what we were thinking, though.

Oh I know, it's just me looking back to when that memo's existence was revealed and everyone lost their loving minds that Bush *might* have not read the whole thing.

I remember they spent ages arguing that he read the whole thing.

Now we have a guy who without a shadow of a doubt, doesn't bother to read his PDB and has others digest it for him. It's just funny.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

John Kelly's not going to last another month. Not only did he know about Porter and promoted him, Porter was also given access to classified information before his clearance is granted. The administration is backpedaling and saying he had an interim, but we all know that's not sufficient to view the kind of poo poo floating around the White House.

Also, the administration is saying they have "Full confidence" in Kelly, which is what they say right before they fire someone.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/08/us/politics/rob-porter-abuse-white-house.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The best people :effort:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Two Scoops is praising Porter, says he did a good job and has a bright future.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
boys will be boy!!!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's a rumor that Lewandowski is being blamed for all lot of the Porter stuff. You may recall that he cheated on his wife (A 9/11 widow) with Hope Hicks who Porter is now dating. It would not surprise me in the least if it comes out that she was the community bicycle in this administration.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Casimir Radon posted:

There's a rumor that Lewandowski is being blamed for all lot of the Porter stuff. You may recall that he cheated on his wife (A 9/11 widow) with Hope Hicks who Porter is now dating. It would not surprise me in the least if it comes out that she was the community bicycle in this administration.

community golf cart

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

None of this sounds as stupid as you would expect. Have I become sick of hearing how lovely our president is?

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

AkrisD posted:

None of this sounds as stupid as you would expect. Have I become sick of hearing how lovely our president is?

It's like when you walk into a chicken house and smell almost knocks you down. Then after 15 minutes or so you really don't notice it anymore.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

AkrisD posted:

It's his best trick, he literally has a stupidity shield.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

psydude posted:

John Kelly's not going to last another month. Not only did he know about Porter and promoted him, Porter was also given access to classified information before his clearance is granted. The administration is backpedaling and saying he had an interim, but we all know that's not sufficient to view the kind of poo poo floating around the White House.

Also, the administration is saying they have "Full confidence" in Kelly, which is what they say right before they fire someone.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/08/us/politics/rob-porter-abuse-white-house.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

he might resign but I don't see trump having the balls to walk up to kelly and say "you're fired"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

he might resign but I don't see trump having the balls to walk up to kelly and say "you're fired"

Yeah, Trump fires everyone in real life via proxy.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

dubzee posted:

It's like when you walk into a chicken house and smell almost knocks you down. Then after 15 minutes or so you really don't notice it anymore.

No you notice it. You just don’t care.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, Trump fires everyone in real life via proxy.

who is he going to use as proxy to fire kelly though? I think he would just murder kushner with his hands

which would loving own btw

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

He couldn’t get his hands around lushes neck.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
mattis is saying dreamers that are serving won't be deported

this could get interesting

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah. He said if you got an honorable you won’t be either.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/rumpfshaker/status/962046630374420487

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/256454471020847105

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Vasudus posted:

They just won't be let back in through customs after deployments or TDYs. Maybe even just detained. Or ICE will just do it and nobody will stop them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
But they already deport veterans andnhonorable discharges.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
yeah ultimately I don't think this is Mattis's call.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
well yeah

but does trumpo have the stones to call him on it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Unless he wants to start shooting ICE officers I doubt he has much say.

I guess he could have a JAG defend them in court?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

yeah ultimately I don't think this is Mattis's call.

Sounds like it's a handshake deal with the DHS Secretary. (For whatever that's worth)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i suppose i'm still stuck in the pre escalator days when a major cabinet member saying that he won't be complying with the executive and legislative branches was a big deal

• Locked thread