Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I don't really get the battery life thing. I charge my phone every night I can charge my watch every night. If I take it off the charger before work it'll stay alive until I get home the next day, barely but alive.

And from my experience with the LG Style going on almost a year those reviews that said it lasts less than 8 hours are wrong. Even if I put the ambient screen on I can take if off the charger in the morning and go until I get home from work over 16 hours later.

It could be faster I guess but I only use the watch to tell me the time and why my phone is vibrating without having to get it out and look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
My Huawei watch lags only if it goes in deep sleep(no notifications or activity since more than two hours) and even then it just skips a beat for a couple of seconds so calling it a mayor deal breaking seems excessive to me. After a full work day the battery hasn't even dropped under 70% so I could use it a couple of days if I somehow gently caress up the dock connection(the main watch problem in my opinion). Huawei hosed up bad with the gen2, if they just put the more modern chip with nfc in the hwatch1 body everybody would have bought one instead of their lovely Casio clone crap they did and nobody but the hardcore nerd got one. The main issue with wear is not the chips but android usual “let the OEMs do whatever the gently caress they want” so you have ten different api level to manage due to ASUS or Sony losing interest and spergs going apeshit if one brand has started doing OTA of another model than theirs and demanding blood if they don't get it right now, not buying that brand ever again.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Are you sure your battery meter is accurate? At the end of the day my Moto 360/2 also says it has about 70% left, the only problem is that it dies about three hours later. I've never looked to see exactly where it dies but I'm certain it's above 50%.

Also never make a deal in SimCity 4 with anyone named Mayor Deal Breaking, it's just asking for trouble :v:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

LastInLine posted:

Are you sure your battery meter is accurate? At the end of the day my Moto 360/2 also says it has about 70% left, the only problem is that it dies about three hours later. I've never looked to see exactly where it dies but I'm certain it's above 50%.

Also never make a deal in SimCity 4 with anyone named Mayor Deal Breaking, it's just asking for trouble :v:

Yep it's on the money, I don't have the display on unless it's active and I have disabled the wrist motions too so it’s mostly off during the day, some days I manage to reach 80%(when people don’t spam me on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter). When I bought it and I used the always on display with wrist motions I returned home with 50-60% depending on notifications and false activations.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

SlowBloke posted:

Huawei hosed up bad with the gen2, if they just put the more modern chip with nfc in the hwatch1 body everybody would have bought one instead of their lovely Casio clone crap they did and nobody but the hardcore nerd got one.

Seriously? I feel the exact opposite, the Huawei watch 1 looks drab and boring while the 2 looks good and reminds me of the good Casio watches of yesteryear.

No accounting for taste, obviously :v:

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Yeah battery isn't really the biggest concern in my book. My HWatch1 has never run low in a single day unless I was using the hell out of it and usually if I forget to charge it at night (or more often just don't align it perfectly on its lovely charging dock) I can get through to at least the next afternoon if not evening.

Performance hasn't been an issue other than the "OK Google" related issues that happened a few months back and AFAIK were fixed (I left it disabled because I rarely ever used the feature).

That said, I'd love to see a more efficient SoC that could stretch battery life to a reliable three days, which would cover forgetting the charger on a short trip.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
I don't use voice transcription very often, but when I do, it's through my watch. Yesterday, I attempted to reply to a hangouts message via voice and discovered that my watch now completely fails to recognize speech. It just times out with the "can't reach google" message. "Okay google" still brings up the assistant, so the microphone is working. Notifications still come in, so it's connected to the phone. But it absolutely refuses to recognize speech.

I've disconnected/reconnected, and rebooted the watch. No effect.

Anyone had this problem, or know a solution?

Fossil Q Founder, first gen. Watch Android Wear version 2.8.0.182823779, Watch Google Play Services 11.9.75

Pixel XL Android 8.1.0, Android Wear 2.8.0.183316206, Google Play Services 11.9.75

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

5TonsOfFlax posted:

I don't use voice transcription very often, but when I do, it's through my watch. Yesterday, I attempted to reply to a hangouts message via voice and discovered that my watch now completely fails to recognize speech. It just times out with the "can't reach google" message. "Okay google" still brings up the assistant, so the microphone is working. Notifications still come in, so it's connected to the phone. But it absolutely refuses to recognize speech.

I've disconnected/reconnected, and rebooted the watch. No effect.

Anyone had this problem, or know a solution?

Fossil Q Founder, first gen. Watch Android Wear version 2.8.0.182823779, Watch Google Play Services 11.9.75

Pixel XL Android 8.1.0, Android Wear 2.8.0.183316206, Google Play Services 11.9.75

Whenever I've had this problem fully power cycling both the watch and the phone got Play Services talking again. If that doesn't do it, try clearing cache for Google Play Services and Android Wear on both watch and phone.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
That didn't work. Then I did some more searching and found this...
https://support.google.com/androidwear/thread/24240?hl=en

Which also doesn't work.

I am now attempting the process listed in that link again, but having removed the watch from my list of devices associated with my google account, and after clearing android wear's data, I re-enabled all the permissions it needs.

It's not looking like it'll work any better.

This is total bullshit. Almost enough to make me consider a gear watch. I wonder what's involved in developing faces and apps for that.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there a way to use Tasker or something to toggle the always on screen? My 360/2 is less than two years old, and it's already struggling to make it through 12-13 hours. However, if I turn off the always-on screen, then it's just this useless glowing near-circle on my nightstand, since Google inexplicably changed the charging background to gray.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hooah posted:

Is there a way to use Tasker or something to toggle the always on screen? My 360/2 is less than two years old, and it's already struggling to make it through 12-13 hours. However, if I turn off the always-on screen, then it's just this useless glowing near-circle on my nightstand, since Google inexplicably changed the charging background to gray.

I believe it's back to black with the 2.8 update.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Hmm, my watch is at 2.8.x and my phone app at 2.9.x.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
If anyone cared about my struggles outlined above, I was able to narrow it down to the watch as the problem. It is not able to set up with another phone either. While my pixel is able to pair with another watch just fine.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hooah posted:

Hmm, my watch is at 2.8.x and my phone app at 2.9.x.

I obviously don't have a pre-update watch laying around to compare but it's blacker than it was for sure for me and I can now read it from across the room again. It definitely doesn't look obviously grey which I know it did before; it looks black. I could be convinced that the white and the blue are no longer as bright as they once were, however.

5TonsOfFlax posted:

If anyone cared about my struggles outlined above, I was able to narrow it down to the watch as the problem. It is not able to set up with another phone either. While my pixel is able to pair with another watch just fine.

That sucks. I suppose that means you're out a watch since I'm sure Fossil isn't going to replace it?

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

LastInLine posted:

That sucks. I suppose that means you're out a watch since I'm sure Fossil isn't going to replace it?
2 things make this not quite so bad: Technically, it's still under warranty. I wrote to fossil about it this morning and they seem to have some record of the watch. No actual response other than a robo-acknowledgement, though.

Second, I won it at an event at SXSW 2 years ago. So even though I'm out a watch, I didn't have to pay for it in the first place. Still, I'm hooked now and will have to replace it somehow.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

hooah posted:

I'd like to help you but I don't have an Anroid watch. Sorry!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there a way to recalibrate the battery on a la 360/2? Mine's dying at around "80%".

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

hooah posted:

Is there a way to recalibrate the battery on a la 360/2? Mine's dying at around "80%".

Battery is probably bad then.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Don Lapre posted:

Battery is probably bad then.

Oh, I'm sure it is. Is there any way to replace it? If not, I'd rather at least have an accurate number.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

I move we replace the OP with this Ron Amadeo article

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/03/android-wear-isnt-dead-yet-gets-rebranded-as-wear-os-by-google/

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

Google took a page out of the Windows Phone playbook and tried to convince OEMs to push a product with an OS they couldn't modify or integrate into their own ecosystems, giving them no reason to stay in the battle when the brand was not an instant runaway success. It's a shame really, had they kept the same hands off approach they took with Android, Samsung would've most likely put their full marketing might behind "Samsung Experience" Android Wear watches. This could've created an established user base, giving incentive to other OEMs to create competing devices for a slice of the market. That in turn would've motivated Qualcomm to design new wearable chips and even created the kind of environment where Google could swoop in with a Pixel Watch, touting Google exclusive features.

Instead of learning from Microsoft's painful lesson they repeated history. Now we've got Tizen as the Apple Watch alternative and Qualcomm with zero reason to produce a wearable chip that would only move a few thousand units. Perhaps with this new seemingly platform agnostic branding approach things will turn around.

They listened to the handful of users who crave "pure" Android and "updates straight from Google" despite the fact that they're a minuscule fraction of the market, much more so when it comes to wearables.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I don't think that's it at all. I think they released a mediocre product in response to The Next Big Thing and slapped together the base minimum necessary because neither Samsung (who entered the product space first due to Apple's cunning misdirection) nor Apple (who forgot they made up the idea of the smartwatch just to trick Samsung) was going to license their platform.

They figured, correctly, that it was better to make the commodity tier platform for anyone who wants to ”Make a smartwatch, I don't care what it does just make sure our name is on it" and that worked. The part that didn't work was anyone wanting smartwatches.

Edit:

Thinking about it further, I feel like you're way off base with the idea that allowing tinkering to OEM wishes would be a good idea. All the OEM wants to have to do is provide watchfaces with their name on it, design the housing, and determine the feature count and they can do all of that. Do you really think OEMs would've jumped on board en masse had they also been able to change the font, coloring, and order of the settings menu? That's laughable on its face.

Even paid Apple shills like Gruber and Arment are floating the idea that the Apple Watch should do away with third party apps beyond watchfaces and just focus on notifications, HealthKit sensors, and Apple Pay. In other words, they want to walk it back to where Android Wear was when it launched (minus NFC payments, of course).

The fact is the segment is moribund because it was never going to be as big as analysts hyped it to be. Again, there's ample evidence that rumors Apple was going to make a wearable was Jobs just trying to make Samsung sink tons of money into a stupid idea and then Tim got FOMO and did it after Samsung launched theirs. It could certainly be the case that what's out there is good enough and everyone who wants one of these things can get one if they want it. I don't think a super fast, hyper efficient chipset being made available would set the world on fire, nor do I think there's some killer app that just hasn't come out yet. The market for wearables is what it is and it will never be much.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 16, 2018

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Beyond health and fitness monitoring, people just care about cool watchfaces and notifications.

Because of this, I actually hesitate to call Android Wear Wear OS a failure.

https://www.androidauthority.com/android-wear-os-update-846283/

quote:

Here is the full list of devices that will get Wear OS:

Casio PRO TREK Smart WSD-F20
Casio WSD-F10 Smart Outdoor Watch
Diesel Full Guard
Emporio Armani Connected
Fossil Q Control
Fossil Q Explorist
Fossil Q Founder 2.0
Fossil Q Marshal
Fossil Q Venture
Fossil Q Wander
Guess Connect
Gc Connect
Huawei Watch 2 (both cellular & non-cellular versions)
Hugo BOSS BOSS Touch
Kate Spade Scallop
LG Watch Sport
LG Watch Style
Louis Vuitton Tambour
Misfit Vapor
Michael Kors Access Bradshaw
Michael Kors Access Dylan
Michael Kors Access Grayson
Michael Kors Sofie
Montblanc Summit
Movado Connect
Mobvoi Ticwatch S & E
Nixon Mission
Polar M600
Skagen Falster Smartwatch
TAG Heuer Connected Modular 41
TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45
Tommy Hilfiger 24/7 You
ZTE Quartz

Holy poo poo, that's a lot of hardware for a stagnant/dead platform.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Holy poo poo, that's a lot of hardware for a stagnant/dead platform.

Do all of them have exactly the same SoC? Seems to me it's more a ton of different versions of pretty much the same thing.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Like half that list is just fossil group poo poo so if anything it just shows that they are really the only ones going in on it hard

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

LastInLine posted:

Do all of them have exactly the same SoC? Seems to me it's more a ton of different versions of pretty much the same thing.

So... you are describing watches then.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

I don't think that's it at all. I think they released a mediocre product in response to The Next Big Thing and slapped together the base minimum necessary because neither Samsung (who entered the product space first due to Apple's cunning misdirection) nor Apple (who forgot they made up the idea of the smartwatch just to trick Samsung) was going to license their platform.

They figured, correctly, that it was better to make the commodity tier platform for anyone who wants to ”Make a smartwatch, I don't care what it does just make sure our name is on it" and that worked. The part that didn't work was anyone wanting smartwatches.

Edit:

Thinking about it further, I feel like you're way off base with the idea that allowing tinkering to OEM wishes would be a good idea. All the OEM wants to have to do is provide watchfaces with their name on it, design the housing, and determine the feature count and they can do all of that. Do you really think OEMs would've jumped on board en masse had they also been able to change the font, coloring, and order of the settings menu? That's laughable on its face.

Even paid Apple shills like Gruber and Arment are floating the idea that the Apple Watch should do away with third party apps beyond watchfaces and just focus on notifications, HealthKit sensors, and Apple Pay. In other words, they want to walk it back to where Android Wear was when it launched (minus NFC payments, of course).

The fact is the segment is moribund because it was never going to be as big as analysts hyped it to be. Again, there's ample evidence that rumors Apple was going to make a wearable was Jobs just trying to make Samsung sink tons of money into a stupid idea and then Tim got FOMO and did it after Samsung launched theirs. It could certainly be the case that what's out there is good enough and everyone who wants one of these things can get one if they want it. I don't think a super fast, hyper efficient chipset being made available would set the world on fire, nor do I think there's some killer app that just hasn't come out yet. The market for wearables is what it is and it will never be much.
I don't think you're quite right about no one wanting smartwatches. I see tons and tons of people wearing fitness trackers of various sizes, Apple watches, and occasional Samsung watches. No one wants generic Android watches because they are all the size of hockey pucks, which immediately removes women from the potential market, as well as many men.

This, of course, goes back to Qualcomm not bothering to make updated hardware that can actually get decent battery life that would enable companies to make smaller watches that people actually want to wear.

I will agree that people do not see smartwatches as a necessity like they do phones, but that was always going to be the case.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Endless Mike posted:

I don't think you're quite right about no one wanting smartwatches. I see tons and tons of people wearing fitness trackers of various sizes, Apple watches, and occasional Samsung watches. No one wants generic Android watches because they are all the size of hockey pucks, which immediately removes women from the potential market, as well as many men.

This, of course, goes back to Qualcomm not bothering to make updated hardware that can actually get decent battery life that would enable companies to make smaller watches that people actually want to wear.

I will agree that people do not see smartwatches as a necessity like they do phones, but that was always going to be the case.

Do I have a giant wrist or something? Neither my original Moto 360 or the LG Style seem that huge

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Oh I think there's definitely a good niche for fitness trackers (which, it should be noted Wear OS is particularly bad at doing) and I'd argue that Apple Watches are more a distinct iPhone accessory that not only adequately covers that niche for iOS users but also benefit from being pushed in the most valuable retail space on the planet. I'd expect if there was a real, universal demand for smartwatches in general you'd see a lot more iPhone users with one than you do given the investment Apple has made in the area and the fact that the Apple Watch is certainly more polished than Wear.

I look at it kind of like EarPods. If you've got an iPhone already then it just makes sense to consider the EarPods first if you want some good wireless headphones and same with the Apple Watch if you want a fitness tracker or a smartwatch. By comparison, I see plenty of expensive wireless and true wireless headphones and earbuds, far more than I do watches of any kind. That tells me there's way more demand for that accessory versus the other.

Now maybe the market for wearables is just enormous the way it was touted five years ago but it certainly isn't looking that way.

Bull, I think it was, had an excellent point quite a ways back in the thread where he said Wear should have always been more adaptable, so that it could be as slim as a fitness tracker or fully featured as the huge LG one is now and instead of focusing on this heavy, app-centric model for everything it should have been modular as in it supports features x, y, and z on this model and a, b, & c on this one, etc. That would let it be used as a FitBit, or a Pebble, or a Fossil and it would encourage different builds and chipsets. There might've been a future there, but right now what it is is just a gadget for geeks as you rightly said.

You're right though, I should've been more clear in that I meant there's no real market for giant, multifunction, app-running machines strapped to your wrist. There's definitely a market for fitness trackers, notification mirrors, and timepieces you can wear but unfortunately Google didn't go in the direction that would facilitate building specialized and desirable devices on Wear.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Len posted:

Do I have a giant wrist or something? Neither my original Moto 360 or the LG Style seem that huge
The Moto 360 is 46mm, which is certainly on the larger side of men's watches (though not as big as the monstrosities that companies like Diesel and Shinola make). At 42mm, the LG is a bit more normally sized for a men's watch, but still bigger than typical women which generally top out at 36mm (which makes the smaller Apple Watch slightly larger, but not excessively so). So, yeah, you might just have an average to large wrist.

E: I also see Earpods all the time, along with wireless Beats and LG Tones all over the place. Rarely do I see on or over ear wireless headphones outside an airport. Granted, I commute by public transit, so what I see might vary from wherever you are.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 16, 2018

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Len posted:

Apparently because the 360 is fuckin 46mm and that is big af

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, that was me, I think Wear having different classes of devices and the features broken up in a modular way would be great and really speak to how people actually use wearables.

Notifications should run the gamut of the full info filled ones we get on a current wear watch to simple vibration and led to a connected regular watch.

That way watchmakers would be free to include any level of capability they want. You could have a normal every day watch that will vibrate with a notification and have a subtle glow around the dial in a color indicating what app it was. You could have another with a small low power eink display that shows the notification icon. You could have a dedicated fitness tracker.

The idea would be to serve a wide range of styles, price points, and functionality.

Wear should be the means to add convective functionally to actual wearables, not to be a mini phone on your wrist.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
My fossil explorist gen 3 is now wearOS AMA

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I also see Earpods all the time, along with wireless Beats and LG Tones all over the place. Rarely do I see on or over ear wireless headphones outside an airport. Granted, I commute by public transit, so what I see might vary from wherever you are.

Yeah I work in an office so I see a bunch but then again I imagine there are a lot of offices.

I get the original argument: Everyone has a phone and everyone's always checking it, that's a wrist begging for a screen for that phone! We're going to sell billions of these! That obviously didn't happen. I mean, yeah, styling's a big factor but I think the bigger factor is people just saying nah, I don't want that.

If you can't even sell more of them than you are crazy expensive headphones, which you can really only use in very specific situations compared to a watch which you'd wear presumably all the time, then I'd say the expectations that wearables were going to be a mass-market thing were wildly overstated.

bull3964 posted:

Yeah, that was me, I think Wear having different classes of devices and the features broken up in a modular way would be great and really speak to how people actually use wearables.

Notifications should run the gamut of the full info filled ones we get on a current wear watch to simple vibration and led to a connected regular watch.

That way watchmakers would be free to include any level of capability they want. You could have a normal every day watch that will vibrate with a notification and have a subtle glow around the dial in a color indicating what app it was. You could have another with a small low power eink display that shows the notification icon. You could have a dedicated fitness tracker.

The idea would be to serve a wide range of styles, price points, and functionality.

Wear should be the means to add convective functionally to actual wearables, not to be a mini phone on your wrist.

This is exactly the direction the market has moved in and exactly what they should've done.

Sure, you've still got the problem of the Qualcomm monopoly but the burden was always on Google to create the market and QC would create the chips should the demand materialize. Google overestimated the market size in the beginning then misread its direction by moving to divorce the watch from the phone and moving to a fuller-featured device rather than smaller, specialty devices. That's how you get to where they are now.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Is there any wonder why people don't want the drat things? Smartwatches exist because the usual Silicon Valley dickheads got horny for making a brand new ~magical~ tech product, and their money-counting masters were glum because the smartphone market is saturated.

People wear watches because they tell time, as long as you change the battery once every hojillion years, and they look nice or reflect the wearer's a e s t h e t i c or whatever. And yeah you can get that too in a smartwatch, to a point, but to do so you'll have to deal with the inherent compromises that come with having a tiny screen and battery strapped to your wrist. People already deal with that enough with their phone, why should they deal with that with their timepiece too?

They tried to reinvent the wheel but built it out of smartphones, and now everyone's wringing their hands wondering why the iWheel remains an enthusiasts-only thing

spincube fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 16, 2018

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

LastInLine posted:

Oh I think there's definitely a good niche for fitness trackers (which, it should be noted Wear OS is particularly bad at doing) and I'd argue that Apple Watches are more a distinct iPhone accessory that not only adequately covers that niche for iOS users but also benefit from being pushed in the most valuable retail space on the planet. I'd expect if there was a real, universal demand for smartwatches in general you'd see a lot more iPhone users with one than you do given the investment Apple has made in the area and the fact that the Apple Watch is certainly more polished than Wear.

Do we live in the same world? You can't throw a rock and not hit someone with an Apple Watch in my city. And I'm not in a geeky field or social circle.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Three Olives posted:

Do we live in the same world? You can't throw a rock and not hit someone with an Apple Watch in my city. And I'm not in a geeky field or social circle.

What you say here is not in conflict with what he said...

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Smartwatches are like tablets or smartphones from the '00s, the concept is fine but we're going to need another decade or two for the ecosystem to mature. Some of it is hardware limitations, some of it is software - not just what runs on the watch but cloud services you interact with.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
This conversation makes me sad. I love my Android Wear watch because I get to choose my watch face from anything in the store or create my own. And because I can make apps for it. Fitness is not a consideration in a watch for me, and doubling down on that will be a step back even from the step back they took to cater to iPhone users with v2.

We need more tech capabilities, not less. More Android style choice, less Apple style appliance-implemented-via-computer. Apple doesn't even let you have an always on screen, or create watch faces (changing the static background doesn't count)

I'm working on an arbitrary 3d gesture detection library that'll work on Wear and Android phones. We need stuff like that. And like project Soli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
there's only so much you can do if the only SoC available is one model from two years ago