Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

turn off the TV posted:

Weapons that fire pellets as projectiles rather than being hitscan use a different damage calculation that makes it impossible for them to reach 100% status, because reasons.

Yeah and it's real dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

What bad guns are good now? I have the weird Warframe itch to take something stupid into sorties again.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
any bad gun can be great if you have a great riven

but to seriously answer your question, sorry, I have no idea

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

There were a lot of changes and it's gonna take a little time to process everything.

Personally, I'm looking forward to fiddling with the Tiberon, Stradavar, and the Boltor series a bit.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Tbh I don't think it's even worth trying to figure out the changes, there are so many just go forth and play games.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Poultron posted:

They mentioned they don't want to force PoE on people but then they just keep doing poo poo like the Riven stuff. Please kill me.

i'll take a walk out into the plains for two minutes to shoot some idiot and catch a fish right next to a rock with a mining spot over some of the really incredibly stupid bullshit some of those rivens have on them any day

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Triple headshot while gliding comes to mind.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Flipswitch posted:

Triple headshot while gliding comes to mind.

That one's not so bad, in any survival mission the AI is programmed to run straight at you with wanton abandon so it's pretty easy to get lots of opportunities.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Any of the headshot while gliding/ sliding can easily be cheesed with limbo

I have one that's like "kill 23 enemies while gliding or latching without touching the floor or setting off any alarms" which I will probably never do because gently caress that

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm surprised that the Daikyu seems to be pretty usable. I got like a 22k headshot on an ancient and I had a serration and maybe the hybrid fire mod on it.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Yo there's a corpro alert on jupiter right now for anyone who doesn't have that gem.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!

Cicadalek posted:

Any of the headshot while gliding/ sliding can easily be cheesed with limbo

I have one that's like "kill 23 enemies while gliding or latching without touching the floor or setting off any alarms" which I will probably never do because gently caress that

Take Loki (for his passive), give him Patagium, put an Ignis, Amprex or Atomos in his hands, go to a low-level endless mission with Infested (they don't activate alarms and Brood Mothers accelerate the process nicely) such as the Dark Sector Excavation on Earth, find a straight wall in a room with a ceiling, repeatedly walljump straight up until enemies appear, then latch on for only as long as you need to wipe out everything that moves and resume walljumping up until more enemies arrive.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I'm fairly new to the game and I don't think this was covered in the op: is there a reason to keep weapons if their mastery is maxed and I'm never going to use them again?

Had an evac mission that got stalled out for ages because one squaddie got stuck on a wall until we let them get eaten. Did I get freakishly unlucky or does that just happen sometimes?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Gitro posted:

I'm fairly new to the game and I don't think this was covered in the op: is there a reason to keep weapons if their mastery is maxed and I'm never going to use them again?

Don't throw anything away until you check the wiki. Some guns end up being components for other guns.

For instance, the Panthera needs the Hikou and the Miter to make. So, you get the Hikou and Miter up to 30 first, then make the Panthera with them.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients Is the useful link for checking.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!

Gitro posted:

Had an evac mission that got stalled out for ages because one squaddie got stuck on a wall until we let them get eaten. Did I get freakishly unlucky or does that just happen sometimes?

If you hate (or don't care for) how the gun works, the feel, the mechanics of it, and it's not an ingredient for something else, then get rid of it. If you like it but it just seems maybe not strong enough, then it may be worth hanging on to in case you get a good Riven mod for it somewhere down the line. Or, heck, since you're new, a lot of guns can feel underpowered without a proper mod setup, so it's possible that expanding your collection of non-Riven mods will give the oomph you want to a weapon you otherwise enjoy.

And if someone gets stuck in geometry, they can type "/unstuck" in chat and the game will attempt to teleport them to a free spot.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FrankZP posted:

If you hate (or don't care for) how the gun works, the feel, the mechanics of it, and it's not an ingredient for something else, then get rid of it. If you like it but it just seems maybe not strong enough, then it may be worth hanging on to in case you get a good Riven mod for it somewhere down the line. Or, heck, since you're new, a lot of guns can feel underpowered without a proper mod setup, so it's possible that expanding your collection of non-Riven mods will give the oomph you want to a weapon you otherwise enjoy.

And if someone gets stuck in geometry, they can type "/unstuck" in chat and the game will attempt to teleport them to a free spot.

He was talking about the idiots in defection missions i think. Those are a bit buggy and yeah, they get stuck sometimes.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

So what's the verdict on Ember now that people have had a chance to test out the changes? Is she actually "nigh unplayable" as someone put it in chat?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

So what's the verdict on Ember now that people have had a chance to test out the changes? Is she actually "nigh unplayable" as someone put it in chat?

According to a rather long reddit post, a bit less damage than before.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
If you liked to hit 4 and never touch any other buttons for the rest of the level, not so much anymore

If you just liked the idea of a fire mage frame, then she's still alright

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm back on my shiiiiiiiiiit!

Edit:
It's been a while but if they made Nyx or the mummy dude bad I am gonna loving RIOT.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 10, 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mummy dude is still extremely good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bless.

Weird to see Jim loving Sterling recently gush about this game and it's a partial reason why I'm back.

If that dude can sing the praises of a F2P game, well drat.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I feel like platinum being a tradable currency and DE not directly selling Prime parts are probably this game's best features, because that allows whales to pay the way for other players.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I started playing two weeks or so ago, it's a lot of fun to put on a podcast and just shoot poo poo but I've gotten up to Jupiter and it's starting to become really hard to solo missions, I've got a Hek and a friend of mine gave me the +justice mod for it but the mobs can blow up things I need to defend so quickly. D:

Plus I finally got my first new Warframe the Rhino dude, it's fun charging dudes off the point but drat I miss the speed of the Volt already.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Inzombiac posted:

I'm back on my shiiiiiiiiiit!

Edit:
It's been a while but if they made Nyx or the mummy dude bad I am gonna loving RIOT.
Did you play before Assimilate came out for Nyx? If so she's better now, if not she's the same.

Spudd posted:

I started playing two weeks or so ago, it's a lot of fun to put on a podcast and just shoot poo poo but I've gotten up to Jupiter and it's starting to become really hard to solo missions, I've got a Hek and a friend of mine gave me the +justice mod for it but the mobs can blow up things I need to defend so quickly. D:

Plus I finally got my first new Warframe the Rhino dude, it's fun charging dudes off the point but drat I miss the speed of the Volt already.
Warframe is best wandering around with three other tenno and blowing up everything you see. Most missions are more fun in a group.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Elysiume posted:

Warframe isn't about doing stuff solo, it's about wandering around with three other tenno and blowing up everything you see.

I know but I fuckin' love opening every chest... it's the main reason I sucked in Diablo too.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Any goon with New Loka standing up for trading some augments? I'm after the Vulkar & Skana augments, I have standing in Arbiters & Suda.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Spudd posted:

I know but I fuckin' love opening every chest... it's the main reason I sucked in Diablo too.

having more people in a mission makes more enemies spawn and chances are the drops from those along are outpacing whatever you scrape together from lockers and crates. you really need to do stuff with other people at some point because to reliably solo most of the content in the game you need a frame and weapons that are fairly solidly kitted out for specific scenarios because, to be frank, the game is generally balanced around having more than one person doing stuff.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Johnny Joestar posted:

having more people in a mission makes more enemies spawn and chances are the drops from those along are outpacing whatever you scrape together from lockers and crates. you really need to do stuff with other people at some point because to reliably solo most of the content in the game you need a frame and weapons that are fairly solidly kitted out for specific scenarios because, to be frank, the game is generally balanced around having more than one person doing stuff.

Then you start getting to some sorties (and presumably the new Dark Sectors) where you will probably need four warframes solidly kitted out for specific scenarios.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Spudd posted:

:same:

Totally non-optimal way to play, but gently caress it, I like doing that that too. You should ask if any goon has a spare animal instinct mod for sentinel, never miss another chest!

Also, pick some factions and run their missions - you get to hunt down hidden areas to find 'marks' for faction standing, which gets useful later on, and if you pick Steel Meridian as one you eventually get a super-powered Hek variant.

Rhino is definitely going to help you solo a lot. Stick a reactor in him for sure (there's easy alert missions giving them out right now), make sure you have at least 8/10 vitality & steel fiber mods plus a maxed flow, hit iron skin, charge into mobs, never die.

I wouldn't solo defence/excavation missions though, they really benefit from a team. Though if you can't get a group, then Frost is the frame for doing them - pop an ice bubble or two (they stack!) over whatever needs defending.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

syndicate missions are actually pretty great to run solo as long as they're not defense-oriented ones because searching for medallions is fun as hell. just make sure to bring a mod on you or your sentinel/pet that makes loot show up on the radar because medallions use the same symbol as things like crates so you have a better idea of where to look

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Johnny Joestar posted:

Please don't tell people this. It's fine if they specifically wanted to farm exp or loot or they are asking for a faster way to gain exp or loot. But some of us enjoy exploring and opening every blip on the radar and it can get annoying being left behind by the Pain Train and just picking stuff up off the floor filled with charred corpses and body parts. It scratches an odd itch for certain people (like me). Just because some way is the min-max way of doing things (like a slide attack macro Nekros behind a wall in Survival) doesn't mean it's the most enjoyable. Some of us even enjoy shooting our puny guns at spacemans instead of just soaking up free exp at Hydron.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Agreed, it's important not to tell people about fundamental systems and mechanics like enemy population density scaling.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jumping into random missions with other people is far from min-maxing and the stuff from lockers is genuinely pretty worthless in the grand scheme of things compared to actually just completing missions and grabbing stuff from enemies. if someone wants to grab every single little box in a mission it's entirely their right to do so, but they're either going to

a: have to trail behind everyone else while they play normally

b: have to actually literally min-max if they want to keep playing solo in higher-level missions just to pick up the 20-odd credits from each fancy vase sitting around without others blasting ahead

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

syndicate missions are actually pretty great to run solo as long as they're not defense-oriented ones because searching for medallions is fun as hell. just make sure to bring a mod on you or your sentinel/pet that makes loot show up on the radar because medallions use the same symbol as things like crates so you have a better idea of where to look

Also because they tend to appear in places you probably won't even know exist without using the mod.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

There is quite a bit of hidden rooms and stuff that are impossible to find without some loot radar nagging you that there's something on the other side of the wall BUT HOW DO YOU GET THERE TENNO

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also, if you're on a mission to find caches during a Sabotage mission or something, open your ears. They make a distinctive humming noise that makes them much easier to find.

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Night10194 posted:

Also, if you're on a mission to find caches during a Sabotage mission or something, open your ears. They make a distinctive humming noise that makes them much easier to find.

This does not bode well with my "blast my spotify playlist" method of playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Also importantly, enemy and loot radars have a fairly low vertical height, so if you're in a tall room bjump up and see if any loot radar icons pop up