Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i don't think you should be allowed to be ranked in the top 10 if Iowa and Indiana can play you close.

edit: i also want to call attention to Cincinnati, who held UCF to 13 in the first half and 0/13 from the three all game. that is a much better team.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
this is shameful big ten basketball

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

actually just close down big ten basketball for the year. Purdue can go to the tournament, everyone else has to stop playing until next year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think the only time I've heard the Ole Miss crowd is when Chik fil a is on the line.

I can understand that I guess.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

iowa missed an opportunity to embarrass a top 5 team in another sport

boo iowa

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU just finished in the exact same way two games in a row. Miss two free throws up 3 and then the other team nearly makes a half court shot.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Hey I'm down with Nebraska taking advantage of a lovely B1G; just got conference win #9 in Minneapolis

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
UVA takes on FSU tonight. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. FSU is long and rebounds well, could kill us with second chance shots. Kenpom has UVA with a 69% chance to win, our least likely win remaining (tied with @ Miami, actually). If UVA can get on the boards (something they haven't been great at this year), it should be a >10 point victory for the Hoos. If not, we got some drama.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

UVA takes on FSU tonight. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. FSU is long and rebounds well, could kill us with second chance shots. Kenpom has UVA with a 69% chance to win, our least likely win remaining (tied with @ Miami, actually). If UVA can get on the boards (something they haven't been great at this year), it should be a >10 point victory for the Hoos. If not, we got some drama.

Feeling a loss tonight. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, especially with VT coming in on the weekend.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Feeling a loss tonight. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, especially with VT coming in on the weekend.

I'm not as convinced it will be a loss as I was for the Duke game, but I'm not quite expecting a win. I'm not sure if that's just me being a long term fan or not, as this team hasn't shown a tendency to lose to lesser teams, even on the road, this season.

Speaking of Virginia Tech, I sold my nosebleed baseline uppers for that game for $150 each. Couldn't give them away a few years ago. How times have changed.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Please let 1, 2, & 3 all go down tonight.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia is loving good y’all.

Also St. John’s :wtf:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

St John's! What?!

It's been a weird season.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Purdue's offense, outside of one Dakota Mathias 3, has been entirely Isaac Haas and Carsen Edwards so far.
That's..........probably not the way to win this game.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Virginia is loving good y’all.

Also St. John’s :wtf:

Dammit I should have held on to my tickets. Playing VPI for the #1 ranking? poo poo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Man, so happy with Holtmann. OSU is already thin, and missing Kam Williams, and going on the road to Purdue and playing them to the wire.

E: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 8, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This buckeyes team is loving ridiculous. Chris Holtmann is god.

Also, I’ve never seen a team have as many huge lovely rebounders as Purdue

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wow I'm honestly shocked they wound up winning that.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Shame Purdue couldn't wait one more game to lose, but they definitely needed the reset, to be honest. They were playing worse and worse with each game.

Ohio State is drat good though, I think better than Michigan State by a lot and pretty even with Purdue.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

Man, so happy with Holtmann. OSU is already thin, and missing Kam Williams, and going on the road to Purdue and playing them to the wire.

E: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:argh:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pretty good little game in Chapel Hill.

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009
Go to Hell Duke.

Nice win for the Heels after a rough stretch.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/unc_tarheelfan/status/961771334945697792

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona just completely listless all second half.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress to maryland

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I see Mississippi St. is having their one game a year that they shoot like 60% from three

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
MSU gonna smoke Purdue today :(

Edit: gently caress MSU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wow I'd given up on Oklahoma State, I just saw that they managed to come back and win.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
No way ISU closes this game out but leading Oklahoma most of the game like this is pretty nice.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It's incredible how many 50-50 foul calls go against MIzzou at home. Guess they gotta be good for a couple years before they get that poo poo.

And another one when Jontay gets bodied on the layup attempt

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Hey y'all gently caress Texas

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Chieves posted:

Hey y'all gently caress Texas

Quoting because I am down.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Vintage late game Missouri

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Vintage late game Missouri

Oh my god this is impressively late game Mizzou.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus Christ.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It's unreal. Are there metrics to measure this sort of thing? Mizzou has to be absolutely dead last in the nation.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It's incredible how much Mississippi St. has fouled Mizzou with no fouls called. AT HOME.

Seriously, just play murderball and you can win.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
loving LMAO WHAT THE CHRIST MIZZOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Start.the.loving.offense.before.there.are.6.seconds.left.

This advice goes for all college teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

loving LMAO WHAT THE CHRIST MIZZOU

Just punch and run into the guy with the ball and you're good since the only foul they're gonna call is an over the back

• Locked thread