Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EclecticTastes posted:

It's also worth noting that pretty much all of the major players from Romance of the Three Kingdoms were literally deified in China. This actually caused some controversy over the only Three Kingdoms anything I'm actually familiar with, Red Cliff. The actor cast to play Zhuge Liang was half-Japanese, and a lot of the Chinese audience got up in arms over it. Also Guan Yu was played by an actual descendant of Ghengis Khan and, despite being portrayed by the sleek-and-fast Zeta Gundam in the SD universe (especially compared to the bulkier, more powerful ZZ), here's how Zhang Fei is depicted when he's not a Gundam.

Doesnt 'descendent of genghis khan' describe a huge amount of people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I don't know, probably, but it doesn't make it any less rad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he's descended from Chagatai Khan, so hes not some random offshoot but a fairly direct descendant. He's played Genghis khan three times and Kublai Khan once, so hey, the guy's made a career of it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got Dynasty Warriores 8 Extreme Complete for PS4 (impulse purchase with money I don't really have, regrets already felt), and becaus eof Endorph's historical note I started with the Wu storyline. It's compelling so far, despite having large stretches of time skipped between stages.

Sun Shangxian is cute, cool, and good.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

Zhang Fei: Kidnapped a 12 year old girl and made her his wife. Mm.
As someone who bought every main game in the Dynasty Warriors series except the first, this was the biggest shocker for me. The games don’t cover up that Liu Bei stabbed Liu Zhang in the back, and Guan Yu gets worshipped as a god these days, so it’s unsurprising the real one was so full of himself, but I thought the worst Zhang Fei ever did was get drunk and beat his troops, and that was pretty drat terrible in the first place. However, you didn’t mention that, so maybe that was fictional too? Either way, Fei was an exceptional scumbag, much to the shock of my 10-year-old self.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Supersonic Shine posted:

Either way, Fei was an exceptional scumbag, much to the shock of my 10-year-old self.

Is there anyone from the Three Kingdoms era, or really any historical period earlier than, like, the 1970s, that wasn't a scumbag? I feel like that should be the first lesson every student gets in history class, that pretty much every single person they'll learn about for the next decade-plus of schooling is a terrible person in some way. Might cut down on some of the misplaced hero worship you see all over the place (it's certainly not limited to Dynasty Warriors).

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

EclecticTastes posted:

Is there anyone from the Three Kingdoms era, or really any historical period earlier than, like, the 1970s, that wasn't a scumbag? I feel like that should be the first lesson every student gets in history class, that pretty much every single person they'll learn about for the next decade-plus of schooling is a terrible person in some way. Might cut down on some of the misplaced hero worship you see all over the place (it's certainly not limited to Dynasty Warriors).

IIRC Cao Cao was actually a Pretty Cool Guy by all historical accounts. Intelligent, charismatic, all of the stuff you would want in a good leader and such. The book, on the other hand, turns him into an over-the-top supervillain to make Shu look better.

Funnily enough that means that the Dynasty Warriors version of him is actually much closer to the living man - at least in the later games, where they give him sympathetic qualities...just with the demeanor and appearance of a supervillain.

...Should we retitle this thread "Dynasty Warriors Gundam - No, Not the Video Games: Super Robot Wars UX" at this point given all the RotK and DW chat happening?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EclecticTastes posted:

There are plenty of the people from The Three Kingdoms era who were pretty decent people. Cao Cao had his faults but he tried to treat people decently and there are no recorded incidents of him treating civilians poorly, or executing anyone unjustly. Guo Huai abandoned his post to rescue his wife from bandits. One of Lu Su's most famous stories is him accepting minor command with a local warlord, taking all the sickly and old soldiers, and just protecting them from the fighting and leading them and their families to a place they could be safe.

It's not like common human decency didn't exist until the 1970s. Some of their standards of morality might have been different, but it's pretty narrow-minded to assume that people were horrible monsters until they saw the wonders of The Aristocats. And even if everyone in the Three Kingdoms era was a monster, beating your soldiers and kidnapping children were seen as crimes even at the time. Contemporary historians criticized Zhang Fei for his actions and he was betrayed and killed by his soldiers for what he'd done to them, it isn't like we only realize he was an rear end in hindsight.

Supersonic Shine posted:

but I thought the worst Zhang Fei ever did was get drunk and beat his troops, and that was pretty drat terrible in the first place. However, you didn’t mention that, so maybe that was fictional too? Either way, Fei was an exceptional scumbag, much to the shock of my 10-year-old self.
Nah, the incident with him beating his troops was fairly historically based. Some of the details of that story change over time (to try and give Zhang Fei excuses and make it more of a plotpoint) but him mistreating his troops is a fact. I just didn't mention it 'cause I don't really find him that interesting a figure to discuss.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Watching The Aristocats made me into a horrible monster

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
Is a gundam version of ma chao somewhere in this game?
Because with all the talk of historical vs romance vs dynasty warriors reminded me that I actually came across a comparison of his historical self to the novel... and I was absolutely horrified of all I read about him.
also, if gundam sd has a three kingdoms series... why did none of them ever show up in dynasty warriors gundam?
We get a non chibi version of knight gundam but no gundam lu bu or cao cao?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dr. Snark posted:

IIRC Cao Cao was actually a Pretty Cool Guy by all historical accounts. Intelligent, charismatic, all of the stuff you would want in a good leader and such. The book, on the other hand, turns him into an over-the-top supervillain to make Shu look better.

Funnily enough that means that the Dynasty Warriors version of him is actually much closer to the living man - at least in the later games, where they give him sympathetic qualities...just with the demeanor and appearance of a supervillain.

...Should we retitle this thread "Dynasty Warriors Gundam - No, Not the Video Games: Super Robot Wars UX" at this point given all the RotK and DW chat happening?

Same with Nobunaga in Samurai Warriors/Nobunaga's Ambition, who is treated as a complex character who wanted to change the world instead of the evil demon lord he so often is in Japanese media.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
This actually got me to look up an old Rot3K anime I saw once, a long time ago, and I was crushed to realize that I'd apparently invented in my memory a show where Cao Cao is literally portrayed as Char. Kinda wanna watch that show.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MonsieurChoc posted:

Same with Nobunaga in Samurai Warriors/Nobunaga's Ambition, who is treated as a complex character who wanted to change the world instead of the evil demon lord he so often is in Japanese media.

iirc its pretty up and down on Nobunagas representation.
Theres ones where hes a literal femon, and others where hes exactly what youd expect of an kinda iconoclastic conqureror/lord.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

iirc its pretty up and down on Nobunagas representation.
Theres ones where hes a literal femon, and others where hes exactly what youd expect of an kinda iconoclastic conqureror/lord.

And the one where he is a time traveling japanese slacker student and the actual nobunaga is mitsuhide
Or the many ones where he is or was reincarnated as a little girl
Or that one where he is a bishounen in a steampunk fantasy giant robot world with his own mech and stuff, also joan of arc (wonder if that is ever gonna show up in srw)

Personally I rather like how they portray him on nioh

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

We’re back in the America route. Last time we were here, the Nanajin started going crazy right as Shou appeared in our world – we’ll see where that takes us next. Heroman, Cao Cao and Aesap are deploying as event units, though they can all still be set with partners.
Here’s how we’re going:
Arnie/Saya
Kurou
Shinn/Luna
Heroman/Setsuna
Kazuki/Eida
Lockon/Koyo
Cao Cao/Aesap
Tactician: Sima Yi.

Off we go.

: Burn Bunnings!

*Burn charges after Shou.*

: What have you ever gained from wallowing in all that hate?!
: Power and cunning! And with those, victory will be mine…!
: I will not kill another man! Rather, what I’ll kill is that hate…!

: Urgh…!

: Hrk…! Ci-Ciela Lapana…!
: PURIFY US!!

: (I’m sure I’d died taking out Burn back then…)
: (And that woman’s voice I heard right as we were surrounded by light…)
: (That wasn’t Ciela’s… Who was it…?)

: Shou!
: Marvel?! You… You’re alive!

*Marvel closes in.*

: That’s what it looks like, yeah. I could’ve sworn I’d been killed by the Spriggan, but…
: I saw it too… but here you are. Did Ciela’s purification do this…?
: I don’t know what just happened, but you’re alive and that’s all that matters to me. Honestly, I couldn’t be happier right now…!
: Heheh, I never thought I’d see the day where I’d hear Shou Zama talking like that.
: Hey, don’t laugh. We both apparently cheated death, so excuse me if I feel like speaking my mind.
: Thanks, Shou...
: Now, Marvel, do you have any idea where we are?
: Signs and whatnot are written in English, so this should be the US… but I don’t recognize any of the towns around here…
: It’s like… this is a different US from the one I knew.
: A different one…? And I don’t see Cham, either… Just what is going on?

*Beep, beep!*

: ?! Hold on, Shou! I’m picking up something on my radar…!
: What…?!

: Huh…?! I’ve never seen jets like those before!
: Contact! Are those the alien mechs intel reported?!

*Peeeew!*

: Aaack!
: A barrier?! Clever girl…!
: You there, stop! We’re not looking for a fight!
: You think I’m falling for that, alien?! The Union’s our home and your days of attacking it are over!
: “Union”?! What’re you on about?!

: Aesap, over there! Isn’t that an Aura Battler?!
: A new Hojo model…? And it’s attacking the Union forces!
: Did the Nanajin get so agitated because that unit turned up…?!
: Guess so! We need to help the Overworld troops!
: I’ve never seen an Aura Battler like that before… What country does it belong to?!
: Shou, it’s engaging you!
: Rrgh, drat it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv6pooAIgHs
Aesap: “That a new Hojo model? But you won’t be running roughshod if I got anything to say about it!”
Shou: “Back off! I’m not with any ‘Hojo’!”

: (H-He’s strong…! That pilot… it’s like his machine itself is part of him!)
: (I don’t feel any evil in his Aura Power…? Who is this guy?)

Cut to the White House, the president’s aide reports that the unknown units flew elsewhere immediately after engaging their forces. Moreover, they also found one of those mysterious mobile weapons that appeared at the Yokosuka base. Minami reports that his people have confirmed that said robot is working together with the UX.
And what is he getting at? That these questionable sorts are wandering across their nation absolutely unhindered! This will have a very negative impact in regards to how the people look at the Union Army! The president says she’s got more pressing matters to worry about than the army’s prestige, but Minami says NO!
The Union must always be the renowned as the NUMBER ONE nation in the entire world! And while the lady’s the president of the Federation, she is first and foremost the Union’s president! She asks if Minami thinks he’s able to recover this glorious “number one” status for their nation and, indeed, he does.

See, they’ve a bit of a situation right now in that the Skrugg at Center City have deployed a bunch of Balls which are projected to be headed straight towards the White House. Minami has a plan, though, certain none but his mighty intellect can stop this attack. At length, the president lets him handle this issue and Minami gleefully leaves to make preparations.
The aide asks if it is wise to trust that guy, but the president’s already asked Agent Hughes to look into who’s backing him. But what they must focus now is not the scientist, but on stopping the Balls – and she’s willing to use any option to make that happen, including less-than-legal ones.
Is she talking about contacting the UX again? Minami notwithstanding, the fact remains that they are mercenaries. Can they entrust their nation’s security to such people, her aide wonders? It’s better than having their faceless mooks valuable soldiers die pointlessly, though. And in the eventuality that we fail? “If that happens, then…”

Over by the Hadou manor, we hear what the White House is planning, and that is nuking the Skrugg and their Balls. But what’ll happen to Center and Arkham cities if they do that?! Sounds to Kurou that they’re washing their hands on his and Joey’s hometowns, and he doesn’t like it one bit. But, as Saya points out, it’s our job to make sure it doesn’t come to that: if we can stop the Balls’ attack, there’ll be no nukes. Eida figures the Union president doesn’t want to use them either.
Well, do we have a way of stopping the things? Arnie remembers how we managed to destroy ONE before, and now there’re a whole lot of them. In regards to that, Denton says he and Rachel have detected rather unique EM waves being transmitted from the Skrugg mothership to the Balls they deployed. It’s pretty clear that’s how they’re controlling the things, so if we can get in there and stop the transmission, the things will follow suit.
As Psy praises Denton’s good work, Lina speaks up and asks to come with us for this mission. Joey immediately argues that we’re going after the Skrugg HQ – who knows how dangerous it’ll be! Still, that’s where her brother is and she wants to find a way to free him.

Joey’s still uncertain but Shinn is up for it. “She’s his sister, so maybe her voice is just what we need to help him get back to normal,” he says. “I know full well how much it hurts to lose your family, and I wouldn’t want anyone else to have to go through that… if there’s even a tiny chance it could work, I think we should try it.”
Joey thinks for a bit but eventually relents. In exchange, however, he wants Lina to promise not to try any crazy stunts out there – and she promises. Seems to Al that our showdown with the aliens is nigh, but, of course, we should expect the Skrugg mothership to be crawling with the buggers. How are we gonna get in there? The guitar strat again?
Indeed, Denton thinks it won’t be that easy: even if we are to use our sonic weapon, we’d still need to first break through the Skrugg’s significant defensive perimeter. There’s a plan, though…

: A diversionary attack…?
: Indeed. The one tasked with being the distraction will draw the enemy’s attention, and our main unit will use that opening to charge through their perimeter.
: It is hardly ground-breaking strategy, aye, but it is a tried-and-true method when attacking a fortress.
: I see what you mean, but isn’t that also a very risky proposition? The one drawing the enemy’s attention will be completely exposed to all their concentrated firepower…
: You needn’t concern yourself with that. I shall be the one seeing to that task.
: Whoa, are you serious? There’re tens of thousands of Skrugg around the place – you’re gonna take them all on?!
: Hah… Tens of thousands of roaches are nothing compared to the one million soldiers in Yuan Shao’s army.
: O-One million?! And you fought all those by yourself?! That’s nuts…
: Moreover, I believe doing this to be necessary to dispel the suspicion your forces feel in regards to me.
: Lord Cao Cao…
: …
: (My lord was only able to rout the Jizhou forces because he had the power of the Celestial Armor…)
: (He now lacks the Yùxǐ, yet still marches towards nigh certain death. Indeed, his true reason for doing so must be…)

*Beep, beep.*

: Sumeragi, we’ve a situation! A mobile weapon has been sighted in the vicinity of Center City and is engaging the enemy!
: A mobile weapon?! Is it the Union or the Federation armies?!
: No, it’s… the Aura Battler Aesap fought, I think!
: It’s him…?!
: That’s got to be Shou and his Bilbine!
: Shou Zama… the Holy Warrior from your world, Cham?
: Right! I bet he attacked the Skrugg to try and protect the Overworld!
: Please, we need to help him! He can’t beat all of them!
: B-But we can’t just…
: Madam Sumeragi, this could well be a golden opportunity to execute our strategy.
: We can take advantage of the chaos already sown through the enemy’s ranks and strike at their headquarters in one fell swoop…!
: … Alright, we’ll go with your plan!
: One minute, please! Can you let me take part in the diversion too?!
: Aesap?! What are you even suggesting?!
: I've been thinking about something for a while now... How I more or less fell into piloting the Nanajin and fighting in general...
: I’ve been on the fence pretty much every step of the way. Could I really help you at all with that kind of attitude?
: Aesap…
: But that man, Shou… I felt such a rock-solid will behind his Aura Power!
: So maybe if I get in touch with him again, it’ll help me do away with that doubt…
: B-But…!
: Then let’s go, Aesap!
: Erebos…?!
: I know what’s going on! The Aura Powers of the two Holy Warriors are calling out to each other!
: So we need to believe in Aesap, and in the miracle of the Wings of Rean…!
: You may be right… And I do believe in you, Aesap!
: Thank you, Lux!
: I guess that’s that. Let’s get to it, then! Set a course for Center City and the Skrugg HQ!

Mission 16 (America Route) – Alive

: Marvel, is it true that the American army won’t fire their nukes if we take these guys out?!
: Right! The transmission I intercepted from their planes said their Ball weapons are headed for the White House! If they’re not stopped, and soon, though…!
: Hrm… Why are the armies up top always so trigger-happy with their nukes…?!
: Curse these obnoxious flies…! Destroy them!

: These are definitely not human enemies… Are they really alien invaders?!

: Urrgh…!
: You alright, Marvel?!
: The converter’s still going, yeah! But the problem is that we’re too badly outnumbered…!

: DAI GURENZAN!

: Gyaaaaaargh!

: Th-That was…!

:siren: SRW UX - The Legend of Mirisha

: You must be Shou Zama, the Holy Warrior!
: Who…?!

*Picture Aesap spawning right now… if only I hadn’t set him already in Cao Cao’s team! :v: *

: W-Wait just minute, please!
: It’s that Aura Battler from before…!
: Are you trying to start something with me again?!
: No, please hear us out!

*Aesap flies closer to Shou.*

: Shoooou! I’ve finally found you!
: Cham?! You’re OK?!
: You’re the Holy Warrior, right? My name’s Aesap and I’m not here to fight!
: Cham, did he…?
: Hmhmm, Aesap’s done a lot for me!
: Earth’s under attack by these aliens! We and our friends are fighting back, but we could really use your help!
: It’s true! Those roach-like guys are aliens called Skrugg!
: I don’t see any reason to think he’s lying to us. Shou…!
: Yeah, I know! Come on, Aesap – join your Aura Power with mine!

: (This feeling… the Nanajin’s scared?! No… it’s trembling with excitement...! This is…?!)
: Get your Aura Power in sync with his, Aesap!
: O-Okay, I’ll try! Uooooooh!
: Haaaaaaah!

SRW UX - Dunbine Flies
:siren: :siren:

: Their Aura Powers are resonating and magnifying each other…!
: Yaay! Our Holy Warriors are all together now!
: You’ve seen the light, haven’t you, Aesap? And in that case… HAAAAAH!

: DAI GOKUENZAN!

: Look! He cracked the Ball!
: Do it, Holy Warriors!
: Let’s go, Aesap!
: Alright!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YbqL2ySYDQ

: W-We did it…!
: Impossible…! Curse these Earthlings!

: Whaat?!
: We’ve made it through their perimeter! The Skrugg mothership is in sight!
: You’re up, Psy! Play them the melody of our counterattack!
: You got it!

: Guwaaaaaaaargh!

: Now! Deploy all forces!

: Those Balls are as hardy as ever but, as we’ve seen, they’re not indestructible. Let ‘em have everything you’ve got, troops!
: Right… The two of us couldn’t beat them before, but we’ve come a long way since then. Here we go, Heroman!
: Hmm…!
: Your objectives are to wipe out the opposing forces and conquer the enemy’s vessel!
: CHAAAAAARGE!

Kill everything, don’t lose the Ptolemaios or Heroman. Aesap and Shou have maxed out morale and Cao Cao’s already at 130, so even a side glance from them will make the weakened Skrugg explode.
There are a handful of Balls spread around the area, and while they’re still rather bulky, our people can deal with them without any major issues. Go forward and try to let your secret-relevant folks have fun – of note, Shou and Marvel are in that group, too. They need a total of 100 kills between them by the end of mission 30.

Bilbine (Shou Zama)
Pilot Skills:
Aura Power L5
Holy Warrior
Support Attack L1
All Attack L1
Spirit Commands – Shou:
Accelerate
Focus
Sense
Spirit Commands – Cham:
Cheer
Trust
Adaptation
Mech Features:
Sword
Gun
Transform
Aura Barrier
Off-Shoot
Squad Bonus: Melee weapons +100, Mobility +5 (Melee weapons +200, Mobility +20, S in Air)
Shou’s voice actor: Shigeru Nakahara (other roles: Masato in Dancouga, Android #17 in Dragon Ball stuff, Trowa in Gundam Wing, and many more).
Cham’s voice actress: Maria Kawamura (other roles: Higgins in Brain Powered, Jung in Gunbuster, Quess in CCA and many more)

Dunbine (Marvel Frozen)
Pilot Skills:
Aura Power L2
Holy Warrior
Support Attack L1
Support Defense L2
All Attack L1
Spirit Commands – Shou:
Gain
Focus
Alert
Mech Features:
Sword
Gun
Aura Barrier
Off-Shoot
Squad Bonus: Accuracy +5, EXP +10% (Accuracy +20, EXP +20%, Mobility +10)
Marvel’s voice actress: Mika Doi (other roles: Misa in the original Macross, Houquet in Mospeada, Alice in Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, and many more)

Shou’s everything Aesap was, only even better because he’s a fully-grown Holy Warrior. Dodgy as no one’s business, nice stats where he needs them and packing huge power in all his attacks thanks to that superlative Aura Power, he’s a very easy fit on any team. That’s especially true since Cham’s a fine supporter as well (though she can be assigned to the Dunbine, too).
As for Marvel, she’s good enough that you could lead with her, but not so good that she can keep up with all the protagonists. Those damage boosting skills do make her hit harder than most sub-leaders, too (though her Squad Bonus isn’t too hot and the Dunbine’s range is about half of what the Bilbine has).
Mind you, Shou and Marvel have a combined attack, though she needs one more level in Aura Power before it’s usable.

:siren: SRW UX - Tales of Mirisha ~ The Brave Legend

: Every universe has its share of fools who harbor ambition far beyond their stature…
: However! Such ambition shall not be tolerated by the heavens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySOJnxuovE
Jesus, Cao Cao, calm down!

:siren: SRW UX - Dunbine Flies

: I’ve no idea if this is the US I know…
: But even if it isn’t, I’m not about to let it burn under an alien invasion and nuclear blasts!

: The enemy’s over there, Shou! Attack! Attack! Attack!
: Back with the usual, huh, Cham? Still, I’m really glad nothing happened to you.
: Now let’s get to work! We’ll fight tooth-and-nail against anyone who tries taking a stab at the Overworld!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgzyf5yLI9Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH1WvWIyo88
Aesap’s morale is about 20 points higher than Cao Cao’s, but the big man still outdamages him. Bow before your overlord!

When you get to turn 3…

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 29, 2018

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

: It’s…!
: Brother!
: You’re in there, aren’t you?! Please, you need to open your eyes!
: Come on, Nick! Get yourself back to normal already!
: Not even a twitch… Tsk, we might really need to beat them up!
: What?! But they’re people!
: Everyone, listen up! We believe those helmets are how the Skrugg are controlling them!
: Meaning they might come back to their senses if we bust those?!
: O-Okay! I’ll find a way to make it happen!
: Please, Joey…!
: Hold on, Lina! I promise you… I’ll get Will back to normal!

No need to worry about reducing them to a specific HP threshold or anything – just beat both Nick and Will into submission and carry on.

:siren: SRW UX - Deus Machina

:siren: SRW UX - Roulette

: Nick, it’s me! Pull yourself together!
: Rgh, hrrmm…!
: Kch… We just need to break his helmet! Come on, Heroman!

:argh:

Take that!
Nick gives us a HEYBO (+10 Accuracy and Ranged, +5 Evasion).

: Waargh!
: Do you hear us, Nick?! Snap out of it!
: Urk… Joey…?
: Right, I remember… You’re Joey. And I’m… Nick!
: Oh, thank god you’re okay, Nick. Now come with us, quick!
: What are you on about, Joey? I’m strong now! I’m finally my own man!
: ?! Nick…!
: All my life, I’ve been sucking up to others. Not a day went by that I wasn’t scared, that I didn’t worry about what folks thought of me …
: But now I don’t have to worry about any of that crap ever again! How come you don’t get that?!
: I’ve power now! Power! POWER! And with it, I can do anything! Same as you, right?!
: No! I…!
: You’re making a mistake, Nick! Please, don’t do this!
: Shut up! Don’t tell me what to do! I’m done being a human… I’m now a Skrugg!

: Nick, why…!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvzzb-hU_Ow
While setting up for Will, we trashed the surviving Skrugg mooks.

: Go back to being you, Will! Lina’s here too!
: It’s not working… Breaking that helmet really is the only way!

Will gives us Lina’s Pom-poms (as in, the Cheerleader things – Melee and Evasion +10, Accuracy +5).

: Gaaaah! K-Kill… the earthlings!
: Huh?! We got rid of his helmet! Why’s he still like that?!

*Joey moves closer.*

: Will, please, pull yourself together! You don’t wanna make Lina sad, do you?!
: Rrrgh…! Gwaaaaaaaaargh!
: STOOOOP!
: …?!
: Brother, please, stop! Come back to me! I’m begging you!
: Uugh… Li-Lina…?
: ?! Brother?!
: I… I remember… Gogorr changed me…
: You’re you again, Will?!
: Haah, haah… I’m so sorry you had to go through that, Lina. I’m free now…

: Hmph, so the mind-control really wasn’t flawless.
: Gogorr! How dare you do this to me…!

*Will turns friendly!*

: That Skrugg… he’s their leader?!
: Hmhmhm… I believe introductions are in order. My name is Gogorr, and I am the ruler of this planet.
: The what now…?!
: Why are you doing this?! A civilization as scientifically advanced as yours could have easily approached us in a different way!
: I never wanted anything like this to happen when I contacted you!
: Idiocy… Tell me, doesn’t your kind simply kill your cattle? What makes you think you can call us into question, then?
: Are you saying we’re cattle to you?!
: Easy, Psy. It seems talking with him won’t get us anywhere.
: Hmhmhm, that’s right! We, the Skrugg, do not negotiate! You will either surrender or die!

: How quaint. Then allow me to retort!
: Threats will avail you not against me! I will cut down all who get in my way!
: Gogorr, I’ll make you pay even if it kills me!
: We can’t lose this one…! We won’t let him turn Earth upside-down!
: Come on, Heroman!
: Hmm!

Just need to take out Gogorr, and losing Will is also a game over.

Gogorr
Pilot Skills:
Prevail L4
Support Attack L2
All Attack
Mech Features:
30% HP and EN Regen
All-Canceller
Gogorr’s voice actor: Unsho Ishizuka (other roles: Guld in Macross Plus, Fudou in Aquarion, Mr. Satan in Dragon Ball, and a whole lot more).

Gogorr is exactly what you’d expect from the Skrugg boss: big stats all over, really dodgy and accurate thanks to pairing S rank on land with an S size. We’ve fought way stronger bosses, though, and his size means he’ll take extra damage from many of our guys. 30% HP regen is plenty, so make sure you down him in one round.

:siren: SRW UX - Shangri-La

: Why are you so hell-bent on attacking us?! Get off our world and leave us alone!
: Hmph, cattle such as you thinks he can talk to us as equals? Don’t make me laugh!
: You’re wasting your breath with him, Kazuki! They may be capable of speaking to us, but they’re no different from the Festum.
: Tch…!

:siren: SRW UX - Future-Bound Fighting Spirit

: We’ll never stop fighting against you! Why don’t you cut your losses and forget about Earth?!
: You’re in no position to parley with us! The only way this battle will end is with your death!
: Then you leave me no choice! I fight to protect human lives… and, so, I won’t think twice before taking you out!

:siren: SRW UX - Shadows that Rend Darkness

: I’m impressed that you’ve managed to oppose us for as long as you have… but cattle that does not obey will simply be put down!
: Let’s see you try! I’ll make you painfully aware of all the power life gives us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKx475CqQdA
I needed someone to showcase Gogorr’s kung-fu, so in comes Luna.

: Gogorr…!
: Hmph, we’ve no more need for your data, Experiment #01. You are a defect and I’ll scrap you myself.
: Don’t call me Experiment! My name… is Will Davis!

:siren: SRW UX - My Fate

: Hrgh…! What’s this dark, evil aura that surrounds him…?!
: Hmm, a new kind of living weapon…? Hahaha, how curious! I believe I’ll take you as a sample!
: No, you won’t - not if the Nanajin and I have anything to say about it!

: You’re quite the interesting-looking being. Yes, you’ll make for a valuable sample to dissect!
: Ye invader bereft of ideals… The price for your insolence shall be your miserable life!

: Guh… Th-This cannot be!
: That’s it for your agenda, Gogorr!
: Rrgh… You impudent beasts!

: What?! He…!
: He went Hyper?!
: I never thought I’d get overwhelmed on this backwater planet!
: But I won’t let it end like this! If I’m dying, I’m taking you with me to the Underworld!
: He looks even more monstrous now…!
: Argh, this stupid cockroach! The guy’s as tough to kill as his smaller cousins!
: Maybe, but he’s on his last legs! Troops, focus fire on Gogorr and wrap this battle up!
: Roger!

”Hyper” Gogorr’s gained a boost to everything, but his tricks are still the same. Stand by for a turn and then do one last push.

: I’m not about to let the princess’ city get nuked into oblivion!
: What energy is this…?! How are this planet’s weapons so abnormal?!
: ‘Tis the power of magic that you feel… A divine power given form to crush evil like yours! Behold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkP3lMgdyeE
New kung-fu!

: More and more flies buzzing overhead… but that’ll change nothing!
: You're just an evil soul that lives for itself! Take all your hatred and go straight to Hell, where you belong!
: Yeah! Off you go!

: Watch it, Joey! This guy’s a whole different ball-game from the other stuff we fought!
: I know! But I won’t let our city go up in flames because of him!
: The gall…! I’ll show you what happens when puny humans dare stand up to us!

:siren: SRW UX - Envoy from Jupiter

: You won’t even try reaching an understanding with us?! Is destruction all that you care about?!
: Would you try to reach an understanding with the cattle you consume and the vermin you kill, in that case?
: It was your invasion that pushed our world into growing as twisted as it is now…! Begone from this planet!

Gogorr gives us Joey’s Coffee (Defense and Melee +10, Evasion +5)

: Ghgrh… This... can't be! You... beasts…!
: H-He’s still going…?!
: I’ll handle this!
: Joey!
: I’ve always wanted to be like my dad… to keep those I love safe...
: But I was too weak to do anything…! And that’s when I found you, Heroman!
: You’re the one who’s been keeping everyone safe – you’re my hero. But…
: I’ve realized that I need to get strong myself! Just like Kurou and our friends with the UX!
: Joey…
: And that’s why…!

:siren: SRW UX - JOEY AND HEROMAN

: That’s why the two of us will now fight together, Heroman!

*Energy chaaarge!*

: Hmmmm!
: Go, Joey! I know you can pull it off!
: Take your stalwart heart and convert it into strength…! Then pour it all into your fists!
: Yeah, kick his rear end, Joey!
: Heromaaaan… GOOO!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhyBiblSxMQ

: Haah, haah… W-We did it!
: Excelsior! What magnificent teamwork, Joey! The way you fought, complementing one another…
: I might just say that’s how you two were always meant to work…!
: Joey… That meek boy’s grown a whole lot.
: Yeah, he’s a real powerhouse now!
: That said, that pure heart that wished only to protect others hasn’t changed a bit!
: It may be that that strength lay within him all along. The average men oft change – in ways both good and bad – when they gain great power…
: (Just as my old masters once did…)

: Wait! Where’s my brother?! He’s gone!
: Huh?! But… But he was here just a minute ago!
: You think he ran off?!

: (Sorry, Lina… but I can’t stay with you anymore. Not when I’m like this…)
: Brother! BROTHER!!
: (Take care, Lina…)

: Will…
: We can look for him and Nick in a bit! Remember, we still have work to do!
: Right, the Balls headed towards the White House haven’t stopped yet!
: The EM Waves controlling them are still being broadcast from the Skrugg mothership! You need to deactivate it as quick as humanly possible!
: We’ve only got a few minutes before the nukes’ll be ready for launch!
: This is our one and only chance…! Ms. Sumeragi, take me to the UFO!
: You got it. Everything’s in your hands, Prof. Denton!

: Please, Madam President, allow me to handle everything.
: Go on, Dr. Minami. And good luck.
: (Here we go… I’m about to be crowned as the savior of this world. So many times you’ve snubbed me, Dr. West… but the time has finally come for me to one-up you! We’re entering the Age of Minami now!)
: Doctor, it’s time. (Veronica)
: Okay, how about we get started? Laaaadiiiies and gentlemen! IT’S SHOOWTIIIIIME!
: Observe now as the genius Dr. Minami executes his brilliant plan and brings the Balls to heel…! Heeere weee—

: The Balls have stopped.
: Eh…?
: Err… yeah, they’re not moving anymore. (Stallion.)
But the Doctor hasn’t done anything yet… (Amanorich)
: (The UX have succeeded…!)
: Aah, what a relief! Seems we all worried over nothing! Hahahah…!
: And, even better, we didn’t need to rely on any crazy mystery weapon!
: (Gch, rrgh… Gyaark! S-Someone… SOMEONE STOLE MY GLORYYYYY!)

Over by Center City, Keisha’s on TV and reporting how (surprise) the Union army finally routed the Skrugg; their UFO/HQ has been blown up and not a trace of it remains. Isabelle praises Keisha’s fine work, and she’s honored to receive such accolade from her. That said, both women smell fish in the official announcement that it was the Union that took out the Skrugg.
It’s clear that the MAN is hiding something, but they’ve no idea what. Sakuya asks what they’ll do about this, as snooping into the government’s business could be hazardous to one’s health if they make the wrong move.
Maybe, but Keisha’s willing to face the danger – she can’t stand the thought of the truth being twisted.

A much more chill-looking Axel Hughes wholly agrees with her, and introduces himself as being from the NIA. The journalists know well about the agency and Sakuya wonders what the big-bad agent wants to them that he’d reveal himself like this.
See, he’s currently conducting an investigation on the less-than-savory elements within the Federation army and government, and he’d like to ask for their assistance in revealing the truth to the world.

Cut to the California base, we find Jin fuming that the Union accepted the UX’s help to deal with the Skrugg. Novel asks if that’s such a bad thing – the aliens WERE beaten, no? But that’s not the point here! These are Arnie’s killers the Union’s putting up with! And if Jin were just stronger, he would’ve taken out those aliens himself!
Well, Novel says he’s about to become stronger right now: the all-purpose Riot Cs have just been rolled out, which means his strike team is ready to get to work. But, since he’s the leader, she’s taken measures for him to keep with the Riot A and its stronger engine.
“The new Riot C… I wish he was here to see it” Jin sighs. “Arnie… the two of us, together, got these wings – the Riots – to unfold and take flight. And I promise I’ll use them to put down your killers!”

Back to the Hadou manor, Psy’s mighty irked that the Union took all the credit for our work – including Denton shutting down the Balls. Arnie isn’t bothered by it, though, considering most of the world doesn’t even know the UX exist in the first place.
In truth, Joey’s still waiting for the other shoe to drop face him heading out to work with said UX now. When Lina asks, he says he’s sure about it: he decided to go with them in a bid to try and help the world in any way he and Heroman can manage. Moreover, he figured that’d be the best way for him to look for Will.
Lina’s very grateful and asks him to stay safe, but, of course, he’ll have Kurou around too (that’s only making them worry more, Psy quips). As for Denton, he and the others will head back to help Center City rebuild, so he wants Joey to work hard – they’ll all be waiting for him to return. And, with that, Joey’s off.

Ruri’s actually allowed Kurou and the Demonbane to accompany the UX as well, but he tells her not to worry. If there’s ever any problem with her or the town, he’ll come running as he’s always done. Al’s amused that he’s grown so that he can make that speech with a straight face.
As for Shou and Marvel, they’ll be tagging along as well. Way Shou sees it, they’ve no way of getting back to their world and, in that case, he and Marvel would much rather fight alongside a fellow Holy Warrior. Aesap stammers, saying he’s nowhere near the same level as the two of them. Inwardly, though, Lux disagrees: he is, without a doubt, a true Holy Warrior and she’s certain he’ll be able to control the Wings of Rean.

: May I have a word, my lord?
: Do you need something, Sima Yi?
: Not at all, but… I see that the Yùxǐ did not show itself during the previous battle…
: Hah, I suppose I should not have expected to fool your eyes.
: You set off towards what would have been certain death in a bid to replicate the events at the Battle of Guandu, correct?
: However, this time, the Yùxǐ did not appear…
: Tell me, Sima Yi, have you heard the tale of the Wings of Rean?
: I have, aye. It is said that the soul of a Holy Warrior causes them to manifest themselves, bestowing the power of the very heavens.
: That is correct. Quite similar to our Celestial Armors, are they not…?
: Then, do you take the fact that it was those Holy Warriors that appeared in the last battle, and not the Yùxǐ, to mean…
: Aye. That what the heavens granted us today was not power, but, rather, people…
: Not power, but people…?
: And I believe that, when the time is right, the day will come where all this ties together...
: (Our groups’ encounter happened like clockwork… as though drawn to one another by some force. If this is all due to the will of the heavens, then can we only fall before the tides of fate…?)

And ALVIS finds some FREE REAL ESTATE for a third time.

And Shinn had words for Will:

: You need to get your head into gear right now! Lina’s here for you! She’s your only sister, right?!
: Hrm, why is this happening to them?! No one else should know the pain of losing their family…!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 29, 2018

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

I find it interesting how this stage's title, while referencing the Heroman episode of the same name, takes on a whole new meaning with Shou and Marvel's presence.

This chapter had some great lines - I was especially amused by Cham calling Gogorr's metamorphosis (?) a hyper transformation. One small thing you missed, by the way: Will has unique lines if you have him fight Nick. I don't think there's a pre-battle conversation, but he does have a special line in-battle. Thought it was a nice touch.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
I'm just glad that the Minami and West are rivals. Too bad Gundam Wing isn't in this game for maximum mad scientist.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Gogorr is dead? Already?

I, uh...

Huh.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Alacron posted:

Gogorr is dead? Already?

I, uh...

Huh.

I mean, when the villain absolutely refuses to retreat in the face of crushing defeat...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Wait, I thought Lina and Will's last name was Davis, not Davies?

Alacron posted:

Gogorr is dead? Already?

I, uh...

Huh.
Yeah no, Gogorr's probably combing through Marvel Comics' backlog of "Bullshit Villain Resurrections and Death Retcons" right now looking for the best one to hand-wave the explanation for his grand return in about 20 or so stages. This is a story from one of the legends of the US comic book industry, so I would not be surprised if they leaned on a couple of comic book cliches. I mean, look at Will; he's pretty much Flash Thompson with the serial numbers filed off.

AradoBalanga fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 10, 2018

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

AradoBalanga posted:

Yeah no, Gogorr's probably combing through Marvel Comics' backlog of "Bullshit Villain Resurrections and Death Retcons" right now looking for the best one to hand-wave the explanation for his grand return in about 20 or so stages.

I'm banking on "Actually A Gogorr-Bot"

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Alacron posted:

Gogorr is dead? Already?

I, uh...

Huh.

Did you try poking him with a stick? I mean, he's basically a Marvel character; you need to make sure he's actually dead first.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This is episode 9 of Heroman btw

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dr. Snark posted:

I'm banking on "Actually A Gogorr-Bot"

Its this most probably
Or Gogorr-clone.

Or the real big bad is the Super Skrugg.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Lobsterman posted:

I'm just glad that the Minami and West are rivals. Too bad Gundam Wing isn't in this game for maximum mad scientist.

I knew they would either have a rivalry or an enduring partnership the second I saw Minami's name. If only we had a Dr. North and Dr. East to complete the set...

AradoBalanga posted:

Eh, fine. Changed it.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Brunom1 posted:

second I saw Minami's name.

gently caress

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Or the real big bad is the Super Skrugg.

I bet Nick returns as VILLAINMAN.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I don't remember what happens in Heroman after this point so it'll be almost like I'm unspoiled!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

I bet Nick returns as VILLAINMAN.
No, Nick's coming back as something far worse: A failed Reed Richards experiment.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

AradoBalanga posted:

No, Nick's coming back as something far worse: A failed Reed Richards experiment.

Please no, we're running out of space in the bunker for more of those.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's entirely possible that, like major American comic book characters, Heroman has multiple unrelated villains?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Back again in the Japan route, where Joe and Kouichi are deploying as event units. We got a new influx of units with the Fafner kids, though, so that evens out:
MamoruGOUBINE/Rennie
Yamashita/Mike
Sun Quan/Saya
Arnie/Deceive
Kenji/Sun Shangxiang
Shinn/Moritsugu
Sakura/Eida
Kazuki/Luna (this was completely unintentional)
Tactician: Ylbora

Off we go.

We open up at Shangri-la, where Masaki’s reporting that the UX has joined up with the Arcadian Project: we’ve picked up several Fafners and are currently headed towards a certain village of Akoro in the Tohoku region, apparently searching for the new Machina that was detected around there.
Katou tells him to let Yulianne handle that and, more importantly, wants to know what Christopher Rubens has been up to. Well, according to intel sent by “The Advancers”, he’s got several projects cooking in the shadows – should they do something about him? No, Katou says to leave him be, as that makes it easier for them to work.
Does that mean it’s almost time…? Yes, they’ll wait for Yulianne to report and then execute THAT plan. Inwardly, Katou ponders: “The Linebarrel… if it is the real deal, then…”

Aboard the Elshank, our folks are discussing this village we’re heading to: legends say the place is home to an undying ninja and a great demon, which Mike presumes to be the Machina we’re to look for. From what Eida’s heard, though, that legend about the demon has been around for hundreds of years – since the Sengoku era! She’s not sure if she buys Machina existing back in those times.
Still, Domyoji says many legends are based on fact; it could be that the Machina just lay sealed away for all those centuries. That’s great, but what Shizuna wants to know is what the hell he’s even doing here. What, didn’t she hear? After that whole kidnapping incident, he’s joined JUDA’s Special Forces. Clearly Ishigami saw all his potential… Shizuna figures he’s got way better eyes than her, ‘cause all she sees is a huge dumdum.

What the Elshank crew is really interested in, of course, is not the demon but that “ninja” bit. If true and they find him, that’d mean the end of their journey, a prospect that bums Mike out. Joe isn’t sure what he’d do then… and Rennie hopes aloud that he’s not about to say he’d accompany Romina back to Planet Ladorio. She quickly handwaves it away when Joe does a double-take, though.

By the bridge, Shaff is rooting that they’ll find a real ninja today, but Romina doesn’t look too excited. Is something the matter? No, she’s just pondering all the troubles they put Joe and his friends through over the course of this quest.
Way Ylbora sees it, they’re the ones who’ve been troubled by that selfish lot and he, for one, can’t wait to see them gone. Romina's silence says she doesn’t share his opinion. Either way, Gameran reports that we’ll be at the village outskirts soon.
From the intel given to Moritsugu, Akoro has kept itself almost completely cutoff from the world at large. He’d rather not antagonize the locals, so he thinks it best that, once we’re a bit closer, we set down and approach the place on foot.

Richard had the same idea, so he’s already put together a team to send over. We still don’t know where to look, so Damian was sent in ahead of us to try to find some leads… problem is, we’ve yet to hear anything from him.
That’s odd. As Zhou Yu remembers, Damian’s quite adept at infiltration and intelligence gathering, so we should’ve heard something from him by now. Here’s hoping nothing happened…

And something happened, as Damian wakes up inside a house in Akoro. A man’s keeping watch over him, and he apologizes for the rough treatment. You see, he has a mission to protect the village and its secrets.
Damian fumes at the dirty trick they used to catch him and wants to know: what’s the man planning to do? That question goes both ways, as his captor wants to know what Damian’s after. Yeah, like he’s just going to tell him anything!
“Hm, I see… Then I suppose I’ll just have to ask your soon-to-arrive friends,” he says.

Outskirts of the village of Akoro – Mountains

: Yuki no shingun, kori o funde…
: What song is that, Saya?
: The Major taught it to me. He said that singing it helps ease your spirits when you’re lost in the mountains…
: How about we not talk about getting lost in the mountains, thanks.
: God, that old man just can’t stop teaching you crap…
: Um, Maya? If you don’t mind me asking, why’d they decide to send you along with us? I can understand Saya being here, but…
: I volunteered, actually. I figured I needed to at least make myself somewhat useful to the team…
: It’s the least I can do for Kasugai after he saved my life…
: Maya…
: And Arnie… I know it can’t be easy for you right now, but… Well, I…
: Thanks, but don’t worry. Yeah, it’s hard, but I won’t let myself fall into a slump – I’m an ex-soldier, remember?
: You mean that?
: Well, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling anything, but… you need to keep moving onwards, or you’ll never get anywhere, yeah?
: You got that right. And, on that subject, how about we pick up the pace and move onwards ourselves?
: This cold’s too much… my whole body’s going number and number and number…
: That’s what you get for wearing so few clothes when you knew we were headed north!
: But this is taking a while. We didn’t stray from the path and we should be going in the right direction… do you think our GPS is malfunctioning because of the cold?
: Y-Yo… D-Do you mean we’re actually lost in the mountains…?
: That's it, man… Game over, man. Game over!

(The original line was 天は我々を見放した (Heaven has turned its back on us!) which, apparently, is a famous quote from 1977 movie Mount Hakkoda. I didn't know any equivalent western mountain movies with equally famous quotes, so I chose to go with something else. I could have just translated it verbatim and forgotten about it... but where's the fun in that?)

: If we are, you cracking jokes ain’t helping us!
: W-Wait… did you guys hear that?
: Hear… what?
: I don’t know… it sounded like footsteps, and voices…

*Woooooooooooosh!*

: Wh-What…?!
: I-Is… is it a g-ghost?!
: No, it’s…!

: Uwaaaaaaaaah…!

: M-Moritsugu! The investigation team’s signal just vanished…!
: What…?!
: First Damian and now them…? There’s no way this is a coincidence!
: What now? Do we send in troops…?
: No, if we don’t think this through, whoever we send’ll likely go the way of the investigation team. We must first figure out what the situation is…
: But what if we do that and are too late to save them?! We’ll lose them just like we did Shouko and Koyo…!
: I’m with Kazuki here! We might not have a lotta time, so we’re getting out there with or without you…!
: You will not, Joe! I won’t allow it!
: What was that…?!
: Say you all deploy, what will happen to the Elshank if it comes under attack?!
: Your irresponsible, one-sided, actions may put Princess Romina at risk and that is something I absolutely won’t tolerate!
: Then, what, do you not care what happens to them or anyone else?!
: I did not say that. I’m truly grateful for all the assistance the people of Earth have given us.
: That being said, I still have a duty to see through! One I could never forsake!
: Ylbora…

: Hey, you guys alright?! Pull yourselves together!
: Ow…. W-Where are…?
: Phew, you’re awake…
: Damian?! How’d you get here…?!
: Same way you did. I got jumped by a bunch of weirdoes and knocked out. When I came to, was locked up in here…
: Damian’s a trained member of the Martian Guerrilla… How did they manage to beat him into submission? What kind of village is this…?
: Looks like the stories about this being home to ninjas were legit…
: Whatever the case, we need to escape and quick. There’s something seriously off with this place – who knows what’ll happen to us if we hang around…!

: Please, you don’t need to worry. We’re not cannibals or anything.
: Y-You’re…?!
: My name’s Soubi Nakajima…
: And I’m the Factor of the Machina you’re looking for.
: Th-The Factor…?!
: My Machina, Talisman, has told me about you. He said that another Machina would eventually arrive and that it’d destroy us…!
: “Destroy”…?! That’s nuts!
: We’re not here to do anything of the sort! We’d just like to ask you to come and help JUDA…!
: I’m afraid I’ve absolutely no interest in doing that. Granted, I’m not about to let myself be destroyed without a fight, either.
: Because I, as a Factor…
: Rather…! I, as the demon who’s worshiped here, have a duty to protect this village!
: Demon…?!

: That’s…! Guys, we’re pinging Machinas at Akoro!
: One’s the Linebarrel… but the other’s unknown! They’re fighting, it looks like!
: Things didn’t go as nicely as we’d hoped…
: There, we’re busted! That’s good enough for you, yeah?!
: Now send the Elshank up there! We gotta help Kouichi’s team!
: Hold on, we’re detecting other stuff – a bunch of them, actually… These are the Katous’ Armas?!
: The Katou Organization?! Of all the…!
: Ylbora, we should set out at once…!
: I must disagree, Your Highness. If we do so now, we risk our ship being completely surrounded and overwhelmed by the Katou Organization’s forces.
: Ylbora, you’re still—?!
: Silence! This is not a conversation for laymen!
: Master Zhou Yu, what would you do at a situation like this…?
: Indeed, I agree with your decision, Cmdr. Ylbora…
: M-Master…?!
: One must discuss strategy not with the heart, but with the mind – as he is doing…
: There are times when a commander is forced to suggest the more difficult route if it gets his men through a storm.
: What should we do, then?! If we don’t hurry, Maya and the others will…!
: We’ll first send in a suicide corps to shed light on the enemy’s formation and the actual size of their forces. Once we’ve a firm grasp on that, our troops will move in and engage.
: “S-Suicide corps”?!
: That’s right… Moreover, said team will be comprised of only one unit as a way to minimize our potential losses.
: Are you kidding me?! You’re pretty much telling someone to die for us!
: No, not exactly…
: Bro…?!
: He said “minimize our potential losses”… And if we’re talking ‘potential’, that means we could walk away taking no losses at all. Ain’t that right, Ylbora?
: Hmph. Though that’s presuming you’re capable of such a feat, of course.
: Heh, now them’s fighting words! Alright, I’ll play along with your strat!
: J-Joe?! Y-You’re not thinking of…!
: Yeah, I am. I’ll handle his suicide mission!

Mission 16 (Japan Route) – A Compromising Soul

: Hrrgh…!

: …?! His is quite the powerful regeneration… That said…!

: Uwaaaaah!
: Hayase!
: drat it…! His attacks ain’t that bad by themselves, but taking a whole bunch of them is too much for my regen…!
: I’ve burned down just your Machina’s artificial muscles. It’ll take a while for you to recover from that.
: Why…? We told him we didn’t want to fight!
: The people of this village have lived in seclusion for god knows how long. We’re not getting through to them the easy way – not unless we free them from their curse…
: “Curse”?
: The object of their worship, yeah…
: Meaning our only option here is to beat their “demon”!
: Tsk… so we’ve no choice in this matter?!

: Argh… I-I can’t move…!
: What’ll it be? Just say you’ll leave without a fuss and I won’t hurt you anymore…
: Come on, guy… I didn’t come all the way to the frigging Iwate prefecture to just go “Yeah, okay!” and take off!
: I see. That’s truly a shame, then.
: I’d rather not do this, but you force my hand…!

: ?! What…?!

: Been a while, hasn’t it, honey? I do hope you haven’t forgotten about me.
: Y-You’re… You’re with the Katou Organization!
: Very good… Yulianne Faithful, captain of the 7th Unit.
: And I’m here to make good on my previous promise to turn your Machina into a pile of slag!

: Gaaaaah…!
: Ha-Hayase…?! What’re the Katous even doing here…?!
: What’s the meaning of this…?! You called for your allies to help…?!
: Hahah, heavens, no. What we’re after is one thing only: to destroy every single Machina that exists… And that means you two!

: Urgh…!
: Soubi…?!
: Shouldn’t you be more concerned about yourself, honey?
: After all, you can’t even move… and I’m not known for my merciful nature!
: G-Goddamn it…!

: Hm…?!

:siren: SRW MX - The Emissary from the Heavens

: That’s… the Kurojishi?!
: So you like toying with folks who can’t even move, eh?
: Groups like yours are what people call villains!
: Now that’s quite the entrance. Care to give me your name?
: Oi, I just called you villains! How’dya figure you deserve to know my name, huh?!
: Touché. Then I guess I’ll have some fun with you first, Mr. Nameless!

: (Alright, this is it… Either I pull out all the stops and save Kouichi’s crew or I’ll die here!)
: (You better be watching, Ylbora!)

Kill everything, don’t lose anyone (including Soubi). Not too bad, but the game might take you by surprise as Soubi isn’t the hardiest unit around – his regen is nowhere as strong as Kouichi’s, either. Sending Joe up top isn’t recommended, as there are plenty of Armas and they’ll quickly build up evasion decay even with Joe’s S rank.
Now, Kouichi can’t move but he can still attack, so what you’ll want to do is set Joe within a N-NE forest and have him split the incoming enemy forces. Oh, and if you’re counting on Tobikage bailing him out if his HP gets low enough:

: Hrgh…!
: Joe…?!
: (Not yet, Tobikage…! Don’t come out yet!)
: (I gotta show Ylbora… what kind of a man I am!)

Yeah, Joe won’t let Tobikage do that and will, instead, get wrecked.

:siren: SRW UX - Love Survivor

Next turn…

: What is Joe thinking, coming here by himself?!
: And he even went and taunted the enemy…! That’s only made things worse for him!
: Actually, I think that’s just what he wants. He’s drawing the enemy’s attention away, in hopes of saving Hayase…!
: Joe, you…!

:siren: SRW UX - Linebarrel

Another turn later…

: drat it, I still can’t move?! You gotta heal up faster, Linebarrel!

: Hmhmhm… Come here, honey. I’ll take really good care of you.
: Go to hell! Linebarrel, please, move! Hurry!

Yulianne taking decent damage: “The boy’s Linebarrel really is a cut above the others…!”

: Sorry, my friend, but I’m gonna have to trash your Machina too.
: And you think I’d just let you?
: It’s my duty to keep this village safe. And there isn’t much I won’t do to accomplish that…!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBiyB53V9B0
I’d be worried about all that damage and the Armor Debuff, but we’ve killed all other mooks. The plot carries on when our next turn arrives…

: Haah, haah…
: That’s quite the fight you’re putting, Mr. Nameless. But I’m afraid this is where it stops…!

: Gch-Rrgh…!

:siren: Dynasty Warriors 6 - Theme of Lu Bu -DW Prime Mix-

: Hmhmhmhm…
: Th-Those are…!
: What an ominous look he has… Almost like…!
: Behold the Lu Bu Unit, we Shura born from the fires of Hell!
: L-Lu Bu… as in, the Lu Fengxian?!
: You know that guy?
: The world remembers him as Lu Bu, the Flying General… said to be one of the strongest men to have ever lived, a warrior worth a thousand…!
: C-Crap… Just that intro's enough to make you wanna run for the hills…!
: Come, peon! Entertain me! I demand that you rouse my soul!

: Gwaaaargh…!
: Joe…! Kch, if I can just get the Linebarrel to move…!

This attack is meant to strike right inbetween Kouichi and Joe’s position… only I had parked Joe right next to the Linebarrel, so it looks like he got blasted again!

: That is Fengxian’s battle… you will not interfere! (I’d completely overlooked this the last time we saw them, but Diaochan’s actually uses Lu Bu's courtesy name - a "privilege" that, so far, had only been reserved to Zhuge Liang. I’ve edited our previous battle.)
: Y-You…!
: Now take this! SENPUU BAKURETSUSHOU!

: Hrgh…!
: Joe, hang in there!
: Hmhmhm… Tough luck, Mr. Nameless. I make it a point to always have an ace up my sleeve.
: H-Heheh… And that’s your “ace”, huh? I was waiting to hear that…!
: …? What are you getting at?
: I promised them… that I’d get you to show what cards you had…!
: And you did. Congratulations, now you can die with the satisfaction of a job well done!

: Hrm…?!
: Th-That’s…!

:siren: SRW UX - Tobikage Appears!

: Tobikage…!

X5!

: Ooorgh…!
: Heh… look at that huge meddler…!
: But your timing couldn’t be better! Come on, Tobikage!
: …!

: They combined…?!
: And now it’s my turn! Come’ere!

: Fengxian…?!
: Hah, hahahah… You made me lose my footing! Impressive!
: Tsk, so you had a surprise of your own, huh? But it won’t save you…!

: She still had this many troops on standby…?!
: What’ll you do now? I think even you’ll have a hard time against all these…
: Sorry, babe, but no. Here’s some advice for you…
: You gotta have aces up your sleeve and know just when to play ‘em!

: …! The alien battleship?!
: Hm, color me surprised… That was actually well done, Joe.
: Heheh! Yeah, you better admit you were wrong, moron!
: We’ve recovered all members of the investigation team. All hands, battle stations!
: Ms. Kaname, Mr. Koudate and Mr. Kondo, are you ready to go?
: We’re fully fledged pilots too, right? Just give the order and we’ll get it done!
: Aye, aye! Goubine, standing by!
: Aaiieee…! No, this is too scary! Mommyyyy!

: Here we go! I’m all healed up!
: You… Who are you people?!
: Isn’t it obvious? We’re CHAMPIONS OF JUSTICE!
: Champions of Justice…?!
: Your orders are to eliminate all of the Katou Organization troops! Do not engage the Akoro Machina!
: Open fire!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 29, 2018

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

We still need to kill everything (both Lu Bu and Diaochan this time) but do note that while you don’t need to worry about Kouichi and Joe anymore, you still DO to make sure Soubi survives. And that can be a problem with all the fresh Armas, plus the two Shura. Rush your guys up, kill Yulianne ASAP (so that she doesn’t further weaken the Talisman) and make sure you keep a steady pace ahead of Soubi.
Also:

:siren: Secret Alert! :siren:
SD Gundam Secret – 2nd step: once again, have Sun Quan shoot down Lu Bu.
Same tactics as before apply.

Fafner Mark Fünf (Mamoru Koudate)
Pilot Skills:
Synergetic Code L1
Support Attack L1
Support Defense L2
Spirit Commands:
Invincible
Vigor
Strike
Mech Features:
Gun
Aegis – negates any damage below 3000(!)
Siegfried System
Squad Bonus: Melee weapons +100, HP +500 (Melee weapons +200, HP +1000, Armor +125)
Mamoru’s voice actress: Mitsuki Saiga (other roles: Rossiu in TTGL, Revive in 00 Gundam, Jun in the Mazinkaiser OVA and many more)

Fafner Mark Acht (Kenji Kondo)
Pilot Skills:
Synergetic Code L2
Support Attack L1
Support Defense L2
All Attack L1
Spirit Commands:
Invincible
Focus
Mech Features:
Sword
Gun
Norn System
Siegfried System
Squad Bonus: Armor +100, EN +50 (Armor +150, EN +100, Exp +15%)
Kenji’s voice actor: Minoru Shiraishi (other roles: himself in Lucky Star, Taniguchi in Haruhi Suzumiya, and some more)

Fafner Mark Drei (Sakura Kaname)
Pilot Skills:
Synergetic Code L2
Support Attack L1
Support Defense L1
All Attack L1
Spirit Commands:
Fighting Spirit
Invincible
Focus
Mech Features:
Gun
Norn System
Siegfried System
Squad Bonus: Crit rate +10, melee weapons +100 (Crit rate +20, melee weapons +200, HP +1000)
Sakura’s voice actress: Satomi Arai (other roles: Fa and Haro in Z Gundam, Lala Hiyama in Knights of Sidonia, Kuroko Shirai in A Certain Magical Index and stuff, and several more)

The Mark Acht and Drei are mostly squaddie material, though rather high tier ones.
Kenji’s got the same Medusa cannons Koyo did, making him an easy fit with snipers. His Squad Bonus is geared towards units like the Hind, though the Acht hasn’t a whole lot of tricks beyond that. It just packs a decent punch.
Sakura’s the best pilot of the trio, with stats a step below Kazuki’s but with even better morale gains thanks to her :black101: altered consciousness – pretty good for a non-protag. While the Drei’s a weaker unit than the other two, its Piram does carry the Mobility/Movement Down debuffs, which aren’t bad, and Sakura’s very crit-happy.

GOUBINE, however, is the star here and the Mark Fünf is straight-up the best Fafner we have right now by a decent margin: a lot of armor, that beautiful Aegis, and surprisingly high attack power for a non-protag unit. For example, his Goubine Smash is only 200 points weaker than Kaido’s Gazanto, but the kicker is that the Fünf follows a B-type weapon upgrade path, while most protag units, if you remember, are C-types.
Mamoru’s got top morale gains, a lot of defense and all-around decent stats, too. The Fünf’s only major issue is that it’s somewhat lacking in range, but that also applies to many other units. The Synergetic Code already gives Mamoru an increase to Evasion and Accuracy, so the enemies will have a tough time doing lasting damage. You can also use Skill Parts to give Mamoru Prevail and/or Guard and it’ll take a big boss to even touch him.
I say these three are very easy to fit in any team, especially with that combined attack setting them pretty high in the damage ladder.

And speaking of that attack…

:siren: Secret Alert! :siren:
Fafner secret #2 – 3rd and 4th step: we haven’t reached the 1st and 2nd steps route flags yet, but you can already do these. You have until stage 34 to use the Triple Dog Formation attack 5+ times (the event one doesn’t count) and until stage 37 to get 150 kills between Mamoru, Kenji and Sakura.

Pretty simple, really, so long as you remember to do their combo attack at least once every other mission. Kenji’s weak will gains can be a hindrance, but it’s nothing we can’t handle.
Now let’s rain hell on Yulianne and carve a path to Lu Bu.

: Had your fun? I hope so, ‘cause you’re about to be on the receiving end of everything the Linebarrel’s got!
: Oh, my, you’re already healed up? Then I suppose I better answer in kind and give you a taste of everything my Tsubaki-hime’s got!

:siren: SRW UX - Tobikage Appears!

: Seems the cards up my sleeve trumped yours!
: Hmhmm… I’d taken you for just a random dunce, but I was wrong. You’re a somewhat competent dunce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9LGHLVuesw
And, finally, I get the show off the DK for the Juuma’s best attack!
We get MORE Ishigami’s Deluxe Sushi from her!

: Tsk, things have really taken a turn for the worse…
: Fine, I’ll let you have this one. See you later, honey!

: (The Katou Organization… Why do they want to destroy all Machinas? What for…?!)

:siren: SRW UX - Shadows that Rend Darkness

: Lepton Vectrer, output stable! Internal pressure, all green…!
: Initiating counterattack!

:siren: SRW UX - The Gate of Neidhöhle Opens

: (Shouko, Koyo… watch over us!)
: (And I promise I’ll drop some enemies for you guys too!)

:siren: SRW UX - Future-Bound Fighting Spirit

: Joe risked his life to give us a shot at winning this… and I won’t let it go to waste!

: Your wishes are all with me, Hazama, Kasugai – now and forever!
: Mobile Samurai Goubine… FORWARD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smIw8rflNBY

: (This is so scary, mommy… Still, I…!)
: (I’ll fight as best I can… I gotta! For Shouko and Koyo!)

: You goons got a whole lot to answer to after putting our friend through the wringer! Say your prayers!
: Come on, Deceive! We’ll pay them in full for what they did to Joe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2DV2xdFWKg
Now for an attack showcase. Here’s Sakura’s best non-combined one…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wdkf0834RM
And Mamoru’s…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZCHYoQf3DI
And Kenji’s… second best. I’m pretty sure his Medusa looks the same as Koyo’s, but I couldn’t use it today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMZJaMQpsI4
Soubi had the bright idea of pursuing Lu Bu. The fool…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4tQlTroFvg
Finally, Diaochan’s Funnels.

: Wh-What kind of monster is he…?! All this bloodlust…!
: Hah… Do I frighten you? However, that fear shall not cease unless you take a stand and fight!
: U-Uwaaaaaaaaah!

: You’re gonna be dealing with me now – and I won’t stop until you’re down on the dirt!
: Where did your previous bloodthirst go? If you truly wish to best me, then awaken the demon inside you!

: So you’re fighting not to protect something, but just to sate your own yearnings…?
: What do you think you’ll find beyond all those battles?! Is there even anything?!
: My soul is one with the fires of war! War and Life are synonyms in my eyes!

: Hahahah, yes, this is it! This battle is precisely that which I sought!
: This thrill! This scorching excitement! It ignites—MY SOOOOUUUUL!!

: Stay vigilant, my friends! A clean hit from that attack will be deadly!

: I hope you’re ready for some pain! No one can handle me when I’m combined with Tobikage!
: You have piqued my interest! Let us see the extent of the grand power that emerged from the void!

: I challenge you, Lu Bu!
: You surprise me. I did not expect that mewling child to grow into a man of this stature…
: However, it is still not enough. You are hardly your father and brother’s equal!

Lu Bu attacking: “I shall deliver you to your father and brother’s side!”
Sun Quan: “In the name of my father, Sun Jian, and my brother, Sun Ce! Your end is come, Lu Bu!”

Lu Bu drops a Mirishan Rice Ball (+10 Skill and Melee, +5 Evasion)

: Hahahah… I must commend you for rousing my soul to this point!
: But you must grow even mightier! Much more! And when you do… I shall appear again!

: (Curse you, Lu Bu… I’ll yet avenge my family…!)

: Away with you, young tigress! Or do you wish to lose your life for naught?
: Don’t you belittle me! I am also a proud Sun, the daughter of the Tiger of Jiangdong!

Shangxiang attacking: “So what you’re a Shura! You don’t scare me one bit!”

: Hrm… They are far mightier than I expected…! Forgive me, Fengxian!

: Pah! She’s only quick on her feet when it comes to running away!

*Tobikage splits off!*

: All enemy units are gone! No further contacts detected!
: Oof… I was really worried there for a sec.
: Looks I was wrong about you people.
: Soubi…
: Please join me at my house. I’d like for us to speak again…

Just one convo we missed because Joe couldn’t reach Yulianne before the Tobikage event:

: And just what are you planning to do by yourself, Mr. Nameless?
: You wanna know? Fight me for real and you might find out, villains!

Back at Soubi’s place, our folks are treated to some mighty tasty food – it’s got Joe and Damian flipping out. Kindly old lady Kaoru tells everyone to have as much as they’d like, as there’s plenty to go around. Kouichi looks at the quiet Soubi and inches over to Domyoji, confused: he thought they were going to talk Machinas, not have just a regular old dinner.
Domyoji suggests he keep that stuff to himself for now – Soubi’s demeanor did a full 180 ever since Kaoru turned up. It’s possible he keeps the Machina stuff a secret from her. When Kaoru asks, Shizuna confirms that she’s from around Tokyo (Haneda, with the airport), which actually isn’t too far from where Kaoru was born.
Kaoru’s from Kamata herself, and remembers well growing in what used to be renowned as the film capital of Japan… but her tale is interrupted when a hacking cough sets in. Soubi rushes to her aid – this is why he’d asked her to keep resting. Still, Kaoru says she’s fine. “I haven’t felt joy like this in a long while. Please, just tonight…”

Over by the hot springs, our folks ponder this very strange village: a place that has a Machina worshiped as a demon and villagers that are martial artists on par with ninjas. To say nothing about Kaoru, someone not native to this place, and her caretaker, Soubi, the ONLY young person in the entire village.
Arnie remembers Domyoji saying something about there being a curse here? Yeah, but the more he’s pondering this, the more complicated things seem. He turns to Damian and asks if he found anything significant when he was sneaking around the place.

“Hmhmhm, I’m glad you asked! Yes, I did uncover a major secret!” Damian gloats – what could it be? “Now listen to this! The mountain behind this village has been worshiped as sacred for ages… but, at the foot of that mountain, there’s an open air Furo. And that Furo - drum roll please - has a sign written ‘Ladies’!”
As Arnie stares blankly, Joe’s starting to get a picture of what happened. Did Damian get caught because he was distracted peeking into the ladies’ bath? O-Okay, that’s enough questions for a day… besides, as Damian skillfully changes the subject, there’s something more important for them to consider! That is: our ladies are in that very Furo right now! Mamoru, Kenji and Kouichi stand at attention.

: Aah, the water’s just great. I’m feeling so refreshed…
: Um, I don’t know if I should ask this but… aren’t you worried about rusting or something?
: Rusting? Why?
: O-Oh, never mind… Guess I was wrong…
: If you say so. And, hey, did you girls see Joe and Ylbora today? They were both pretty cool, huh?
: Yeah… You know, they might always be at each other’s throats, but I think that, deep down, they respect one another.
: That’s the impression I got from my late brother and Zhou Yu too… Ooh, this brings back memories…
: Hmmm, I've been working with those two for a while and, if you ask me, I really don’t see things being like that between them...
: But, on that subject... Princess! Which one of them do you like best?
: Wh-What…?! Where did that question come from?!
: Oho, looks like there’s something there, alright.
: P-Please, I-I don’t like one over the other! They are both dear…
: Hmm? Dear… what?
: Th-That’s…!
: Come on, Shizuna! Can’t you see that she’s having a tough time with that?
: Right; this isn’t the sort of thing where you can force an answer. Her heart will sort out how it feels on its own, and then she’ll know what she wants.
: Well, who am I to disagree with you on that subject...
: ?! Everyone shush! Did you hear something…?
: Huh?! What is it…?
: This sensation… This wild, uninhibited urge, like that of a wild beast…
: C-Come on, don’t scare us like that. All bears and boars are hibernating at this time of the year, right?!
: D-Do you think it’s actually a ghost now…?!
: Psh, everyone knows ghosts don’t exist! Here, let me handle this!
: Behold, the deadly… KATENROU!!

*Craaaash!*

: EEEARRRGH!

: Hey… did you hear that? Sounded like someone dying way out in the distance…
: Ignore it. I’ve an inkling it’s just fools getting their just desserts.

: Hey, kids, did you see Ylbora around?
: Ylbora? No, he didn’t come here…
: He’s not at the Elshank?
: He was – looked like he got a call from someone. I wonder where he went…?
: Do you think that scream just now was him…?
: H-Huh…?!
: … Nah, I doubt it. Ahahaha…

: So glad you took my invitation, Ylbora…
: Hmph, what are you playing at, Grathan? Why did you call me out here?
: Hmhmhm… I just wanted to chat with the great Ylbora face-to-face. Even Emperor Annex acknowledges your skill as a warrior, you know.
: Unfortunately for you, I am not here to talk. What I want is only one thing…

*:tfrxmas:*

: And that is to kill you, Grathan!
: And what will that get you, Ylbora? You’ve been fighting us out of your sworn duty to Planet Ladorio, but I’m afraid I’ve bad news: it’s gone. Planet Ladorio is no more!
: Heheheh, it’s true. The Boom Army launched an all-out assault and destroyed it! Yours and Princess Romina’s homeworld has been wiped from the face of the universe!
: I-It can’t be…!
: Oh, but there’s more: Emperor Annex The Boom is headed towards Earth, bringing all of his fleet along for the ride.
: You’re a smart fellow, so I’m sure you know what that means.
: So let me get straight to the point: bring Romina and surrender to us before this planet winds up just like Ladorio!
: That is the only way you and your beloved princess can get through this with your lives!
: You vermin…!
: Heheheh… What will it be, Ylbora?
: I… I…!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 29, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Huh. This is a weird way to take this plot. Like it's clearly going towards the same place, but I'm surprised they decided to go for a two-parter for this short a plot.

Adding the furo scene from Fafner was good though. It fits well here. And some Tobikage plot but I don't know anything about that series.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You know, when Joe and his team first showed up I somehow got this idea into my head that their mechs were repurposed construction mechs, since they were supposed to be guerrilla fighters and all that. I can't quite decide if that's better or worse than what we're getting here.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The SD Gundams in a hot springs is just weird.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
: That being said, I still have a duty to see through! One I could never forsake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how everybody's talking about somebody who got blasted off peeping, wonders where this dude is, and he's... being blackmailed over the destruction of the planet.

Well, that took a turn.