Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Sure beats leaving them on the ground of the cooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Changed my mind on FW Invitational since Ale Apothecary sent me an invite to their club :homebrew:

And I'll be headed to Freetail for the raspberry Ananke release in case anyone happens to want any?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

AA Club Party goonmeet this November

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Stongbrew beer fest is this weekend. Just started going through the list. Huna 17 is on there but I remember you guys saying it's been bad. Still true? Also, anything else I should keep an eye out for/absolutely get.
https://untappd.com/v/arizona-strong-beer-festival/7232394

Sorted the list by highest rated and added about 50 from that top list. So I'll stick with that unless someone has somthing specific to say about another beer. Thanks

sterster fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 8, 2018

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I've only had 2014-2017 Huna and this year's Double Barrel Huna but they've all been awful garbage that tastes like green peppers. People here seem to love it though so YMMV.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 8, 2018

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Huna is good and Lyon has poo poo tastes.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
3F Tuverbol kind of tastes you ordered a lambic and gave a very generous tip and the bartender rewarded you by making it extra strong. It's like a powerful loving gin drink.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Speaking of Hunahpu, I have way too many bottles from getting the VIP ticket to try the Melange bottle. I will happily send some to people here for a very reasonable estimation of cost, something like 25 a bottle plus shipping. If you're interested let me know.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
drinking several free rise citras because im a smart boy who bought 16 of them

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I'd drop that for huna if you're willing to ship internationally.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Any goons going to tomorrow's final Transient party?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

danbanana posted:

Any goons going to tomorrow's final Transient party?

Hell yes. It's going to be paaaaaacked though.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ChiTownEddie posted:

Hell yes. It's going to be paaaaaacked though.

I'm hoping they have a good system down to get people in and out of the bar area. The side-room is actually pretty good sized compared to the old Aquanaut space. I think it'll just be a matter of flow.

I won't be getting there until around noon. If it sucks at that point, I'll probably just get a pour and my beers and go.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

danbanana posted:

I'm hoping they have a good system down to get people in and out of the bar area. The side-room is actually pretty good sized compared to the old Aquanaut space. I think it'll just be a matter of flow.

I won't be getting there until around noon. If it sucks at that point, I'll probably just get a pour and my beers and go.

I was worried about this and have been debating not going at all. Especially given how bad the last party was.

However, the decision has been made for me by my work so I get to do that all weekend =\.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Oh man that sucks.
I'll post tomorrow Danbanana and let you know how it's going.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Fellas I found the best brewery name and branding, no need to keep looking

https://sudsmonkeybrew.com

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
HOWDY

Are y'all old enough for beer?

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

DA BREWS

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

quote:

If you want to get an idea of WHO Suds is, then think Fonzie from Happy Days meets Jim Morrison.

If this was closer to where I stay when I'm in Austin I'd totally go and post a trip report.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
"If you want to get an idea of WHO Suds is, then think Fonzie from Happy Days meets Jim Morrison."

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

That awful website posted:

Suds Monkey is partly a result of the difficult process of getting a brewery name Trademarked. Over the course of 3 months we submitted 54 names to the US Patent Office. All of them were rejected due to one type of infringement or another. It was FRUSTRATING.

So this was their 55th try? What did #21 and #39 look like?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Compusaurus posted:

So this was their 55th try? What did #21 and #39 look like?

Suds Makenzie?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Slurm Makenzie

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Tilquin Quetsche, bottled 1/29/2013... Big lemon tart to earthy to bitter. I'm not sure I would guess plum but it very much has that sour plum skin thing. I remember being disappointed with it when I bought it but this is very nice with time. Really low carb prevents it from being completely amazing but it did age better than a vast majority of fruited beers.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
3F Intense Red, bottled 2/4/2014.

I remember the first bottling of this as being obscenely sour. But this is alllllll cherry and funk. Straight juice here, even 4 years down the road.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

danbanana posted:

3F Intense Red, bottled 2/4/2014.

I remember the first bottling of this as being obscenely sour. But this is alllllll cherry and funk. Straight juice here, even 4 years down the road.

Yeah, 3f intense red varies wiiiildly between bottlings. It's always pretty good but not sure if it's worth the gamble at that price point.

Cuvee renee and de ranke are the same and it's fun to grab a few different vintages to compare/age. Except your wallet doesn't weep. As much.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
It was Suds Mankey

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
what the hell is the monkey even drinking

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Joey JoJo Junior Sudsadoo? That's the worst name I ever heard

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Child: Mommy, mommy! Buy me a license plate.

Mother: No. Come along, Suds.

Man: Are you talking to me?

Mother: No, my son is also named Suds.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

danbanana posted:

Child: Mommy, mommy! Buy me a license plate.

Mother: No. Come along, Suds.

Man: Are you talking to me?

Mother: No, my son is also named Suds.

worst Laffy Taffy wrapper ever

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Danbanana if you're not here already it's crowded but chill. Little wait for beers, nice selection Inc some of the ones we got in bottles and they are opening some fun stuff. Turns out the wine barrel Presque or whatever from one of the first releases held up!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ChiTownEddie posted:

Danbanana if you're not here already it's crowded but chill. Little wait for beers, nice selection Inc some of the ones we got in bottles and they are opening some fun stuff. Turns out the wine barrel Presque or whatever from one of the first releases held up!

At the end of the bar for one more if you're around.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Yeah so Transient's Shamps is... Something. I've never had a beer that was so different in how the alcohol level felt (standard 6%-7% tart saison) and what it actually was (TWELVE loving PERCENT). If you weren't told, it could literally be dangerous...

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Mikkeller Tokyo is tiny and expensive as poo poo but has a really cool vibe.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
For a second I thought you were talking about the beer and that's one weird review.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Beer Thread 3: This beer has a really cool vibe.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

Klaus Kinski posted:

For a second I thought you were talking about the beer and that's one weird review.

lol i forgot about that beer

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Temps hit freezing over the weekend so I broke open some big beers. Thanks for all the recs on that Epic Triple Barrel Bad Baptist, phenomenal beer! Blows away a lot of BA'd stouts (it's definitely within the realm of something like BA Abraxas or DB Huna) and there a poo poo ton of cases of it sitting around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

air- posted:

Temps hit freezing over the weekend so I broke open some big beers. Thanks for all the recs on that Epic Triple Barrel Bad Baptist, phenomenal beer! Blows away a lot of BA'd stouts (it's definitely within the realm of something like BA Abraxas or DB Huna) and there a poo poo ton of cases of it sitting around here.

Reasonably priced too. They went pretty quick around here.