Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Virtual Captain posted:

That progress watch guy is back. I guess 3.0 wasn't punishing enough.

Progress Watch - Update 2018-02-10

I can't really be bothered in figuring how how citizens are being mislead this time around but CIG seems to be getting better at it. There are 4 excel sheets because of working on multiple branches simultaneously? lol. I'm with Toops; that is going to work about as well as folding the Hangar module into the PU. lol

its fine. Performance optimization is 55% complete.

e:taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

quote:

And here you were thinking the Crytek lawsuit was bad.

STOP BLUE BALLING AND JUST SPILL ALREADY

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Shadowlyger posted:

STOP BLUE BALLING AND JUST SPILL ALREADY

There would have to be something to spill.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

thatguy posted:

That's old. The new hip thing is reminding the thread how bad he is at every opportunity.

And MoMA. Never forget how bad he is.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChambersArt/status/962372667755188226

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I've heard of PUA dudes "peacocking" but this is ridiculous!

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Is it normal to develop sequential patches in parallel other than poo poo like DLC/additional content for actual released and fully working software?

I don't understand game development.

Sure it is! You simply look at your feature list, determine which are most critical to your product and customer base, weigh that against the effort involved and the expertise available, throw in a little bit of intuition, and voila! Everyone is working on important features, all pragmatically... ahbwahahahaha!

No, they have a bunch of teams working in separate branches in isolation from one another. Their work has been chosen based on how sexy it will sound to citizens, assuming any work is being done at all. Because of course they are. This is sadly still not so uncommon even in successful game development shops. I’ve been involved in such nonsense more times than I care to remember.

to;dr: Star Citizen is hosed.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

TheAgent posted:

current dev costs

$450 cake
$200 desert tray
$750 catering
$450 chair/table rentals
$250 linen rentals
$750 alcohol
$250 snack trays
$800 for new landscaping/flowers (tbh we needed that done anyway)
$500 for staff

writing that all out is making me feel a little sick actually

jesus christ

Well I guess all of our invites were lost in the mail. :colbert:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

People in this thread were sure that the whole trial would be over by the 9th and cig would be shut down.

It is I, I am the "people" in this thread. But, as you'l notice I never promised any specific year. :smug:. Learn about thread development you cuntifaces

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

current dev costs

$450 cake
$200 desert tray
$750 catering
$450 chair/table rentals
$250 linen rentals
$750 alcohol
$250 snack trays
$500 for staff

jesus christ

I don't see any strippers for the $450 cake.

In any case, we finally see a glimpse of where all the money for Love Pledge goes. You have caught a case of the Roberts.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

iospace posted:

Yes, but this isn't unique to game development either. Usually a roadmap is set up for the product. "We want features X, Y, and Z for version A.B" Once one team finishes up, say the sound team, they can start working on the next patch, because usually they won't have any work unless a bug comes up.

It's why every now and then if a game is buggy, nerds flip their everloving poo poo if say a new map is released before the bugs are fixed, despite the map maker having absolutely nothing to do with the bugs, nor is it in their purview to actually tackle the bugs completely unrelated to the maps.

Sorry, no, that's not normal.

Maybe some old ballsack companies like IBM used to do that way back whenever, but no dev shops I've worked for or heard about ever develop this way any more.

Everyone works on features for the upcoming release.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

I like this dude. I've always liked this dude. He would be a p chill hang imo.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Trillhouse posted:

I've heard of PUA dudes "peacocking" but this is ridiculous!

He must have succssfly completed the Rockstar Seduction training camp to be this fly

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

I will say this: I didn't understand cake development

like me going "oh its some flour and sugar and eggs and poo poo, lemme hit up this cake place shouldnt be too expensive" and the guy comes back with like $400 and I'm just floored

tbf then I went in and actually tried the cake and I was all "okay yea, this is good, wow," and gobbled up all the samples like I was at costco

also never have a party for like 60+ people at your house

just don't

I am 60+ you ageist

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ManofManyAliases posted:

And MoMA. Never forget how bad he is.

never will. wank belt. lol

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

TheAgent posted:

current dev costs

$450 cake
$200 desert tray
$750 catering
$450 chair/table rentals
$250 linen rentals
$750 alcohol
$250 snack trays
$500 for staff

jesus christ

Sounds like a hell of a quinceañera.

By "my gal" I assume you mean your daughter, of course.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Cuntiflas gooncat obviously doesn't understand cage development

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AlbieQuirky posted:

As a resident old lady, I have to say that the idea that the judge gives a rat's rear end about video games is ridiculous. The number of ladies over 55 in the entire US who would think of themselves as "gamers" could probably fit comfortably in an elevator.

Also, the idea that she would care about BDSSE because her dad worked as an aerospace engineer is insane. My dad was a poet, and I can't be bothered to read a poem unless someone I know wrote it.

There is truth here. There’s guys at work older than I am and they still play WoW fairly religiously and when they get going I immediately zone out and can’t wait for the topic to change.

It’s probably a good thing nobody ever brought up Star Citizen before because then I’d put myself as a clandestine gamer and who knows what they’d do then.

But I don’t have a single girlfriend even remotely interested in gaming or anything related to video games.

I play a few times a month and I think this pretty much makes me a hardcore “gamer”. I’ve actually beaten stuff like FF15 and Horizon Zero Dawn, so yeah I’m totally up there. :)

I can’t imagine the judge, especially female, is going to give a drat at all that the case is about a video game. If anything that’ll just make it more petty and silly in her view.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

current dev costs

$450 cake
$200 desert tray
$750 catering
$450 chair/table rentals
$250 linen rentals
$750 alcohol
$250 snack trays
$500 for staff

jesus christ

I don’t think I’ve ever had a birthday party like this. :aaaaa:

Your girl is very lucky it seems.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I can’t imagine the judge, especially female, is going to give a drat at all that the case is about a video game. If anything that’ll just make it more petty and silly in her view.

Maybe shitizens are right. Maybe she watched the stars in her youth with her dad, kept somewhat a passion for it and has a telescope in her balcony as a souvenir ; and now she found a new way to explore the stars with video games, and she's an avid fan of elite dangerous in VR.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

voilà

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

The Titanic posted:

I play a few times a month and I think this pretty much makes me a hardcore “gamer”.

If you have never pooped in a sock, then you may not count yourself among the Glorious Gaming Elite(tm).

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

current dev costs

$450 cake
$200 desert tray
$750 catering
$450 chair/table rentals
$250 linen rentals
$750 alcohol
$250 snack trays
$500 for staff

jesus christ

Wait for the wedding! I'd start saving now if I was you.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Zzr posted:

Maybe shitizens are right. Maybe she watched the stars in her youth with her dad, kept somewhat a passion for it and has a telescope in her balcony as a souvenir ; and now she found a new way to explore the stars with video games, and she's an avid fan of elite dangerous in VR.

The thing is that ladies over 50, in my experience, often enjoy video games but very few would think of themselves as "gamers" even so.

And if she actually likes playing space games, all the more reason for her to have no patience for Star Citizen, because it is bad and not fun.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Toops posted:

I like this dude. I've always liked this dude. He would be a p chill hang imo.

Chambers has the rockstar flair working pretty well for him; the Majestic Brigand of Überchill vibe. He looks ready to oversee the digital remastering of some 90s rock masterpiece before the big reunion tour kicks off.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

when you have a nice hat and someone mentions it and you feel nice

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Zzr posted:

voilà

That’s what i said. Voila.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Golli posted:

Sounds like a hell of a quinceañera.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A decent quinceañera party is about as expensive as a wedding. Much more so if you want her to "enter society".

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
Sooooo... anyone else upset over the fact that CIG decided that their lack of progress compared to SpaceX... loving SpaceX JESUS CHRIST... is due to them having to build an entire universe?

Just got back from the hospital because of an aneurysm over that tweet. I mean, not proven to be related, but suspiciously close.

Edit: didn't have an actual aneurysm

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

trucutru posted:

It is I, I am the "people" in this thread. But, as you'l notice I never promised any specific year. :smug:. Learn about thread development you cuntifaces

Was it you? Are you angry about it?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It is funny to see them try to ride the wave of success from space x .... hey you know that cool thing someone else did ? Well check out this janky rear end game we are building #wemadeit #actress #buyinganelectricporsche #s42

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Mangoose posted:

Sooooo... anyone else upset over the fact that CIG decided that their lack of progress compared to SpaceX... loving SpaceX JESUS CHRIST... is due to them having to build an entire universe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PHO2DZN30k

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TheAgent posted:

current dev costs

$450 cake
$200 desert tray
$750 catering
$450 chair/table rentals
$250 linen rentals
$750 alcohol
$250 snack trays
$500 for staff

jesus christ

How much have you put aside for bail money?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

Was it you? Are you angry about it?

I am furious! Seething with rage, such an amount that not even :pgabz: would be able to handle it.

iamjohnsalt
Dec 6, 2017

TheAgent posted:

also sorry I haven't been responding to texts I've been swamped setting up my gals bday party

next year we are going to red lobster or something, gently caress this party planning poo poo

red lobster IS a party

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Any word on why Bootcha stopped uploading videos?

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Iymarra posted:

Star Zealots. Probably.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

iamjohnsalt posted:

red lobster IS a party

not if you're a lobster

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Iymarra posted:

Toast made him an offer he couldn't refuse...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Iymarra posted:

Probable CnD.